BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review

M124 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 08:20   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischalreddy View Post
There is a used vRS for sale with APR stage 3 IS38 Turbo in Hyderabad. Wanted to know from the experts on all the specifics I need to look for before test driving it. The quoted price is 30 lakhs and i guess he is ok upto 25 lakhs. The car has been driven extensively with current mileage of 58000. It is a 2018 June month car. Thanks for the advice. He also has some accessories like alloys and audio system added to the car.
If you are planning to pick a stage 3 vRS, you should already have a good understanding of every bit of the technicalities, unless 25lks is just pocket money for you. The car wouldn't be under warranty and would be abused/pushed, you will need to perform detailed technical inspection to identify any issues. Being a stage 3, the car might also be prone to faster wear and tear of components which is also subjective. I would only consider it if I know the car and owner personally and is willing to take the risk.
zebo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 21:43   #378
BHPian

Any idea how to improve the sound quality. I am findiing it strictly average.
I tried lot of settings but there is no punch (especially the bass) in the audio quality of VRS. Any recommendation will be appreciated.
Old 2nd November 2020, 11:07   #379
BHPian

Decided to try out the VRS over the weekend and got a quote for VRS from JMD Skoda. There is some healthy offer going on. Attaching the offer given to me for the benefit of others.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-invoice-mr-h-shah-octavia-vrs-2.0-tsi-.pdf-copy.jpg  

tazmaan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 20:18   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankursharma View Post
Any idea how to improve the sound quality. I am findiing it strictly average.
I tried lot of settings but there is no punch (especially the bass) in the audio quality of VRS. Any recommendation will be appreciated.
Hi there,

Try this. Do follow his channel for some insightful updates !

The virtual surround and virtual subwoofer should be helpful to an extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Decided to try out the VRS over the weekend and got a quote for VRS from JMD Skoda. There is some healthy offer going on. Attaching the offer given to me for the benefit of others.
Heard discounts of upto 7.5 lakhs being offered on the 245's

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd December 2020 at 20:39. Reason: Posts merged on request.
Old 2nd February 2021, 10:22   #381
BHPian

Hello All,

Got this error while i was driving. It keeps coming on and going off randomly. Is this ABS senor issue ?

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-vrs-2.jpeg  

Old 2nd February 2021, 12:30   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar.madhavan View Post
Got this error while i was driving. It keeps coming on and going off randomly. Is this ABS senor issue ?
Not a vRS owner but had a 1.8 TSI. Can relate the ABS sensor to them except for the headlight levelling one. Could also be a weak battery which tends to throw up weird messages. How old is your battery?

Again, have you hit any bad patches very hard recently, thereby loosening any sensors/wires etc?
Old 2nd February 2021, 13:37   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Not a vRS owner but had a 1.8 TSI. Can relate the ABS sensor to them except for the headlight levelling one. Could also be a weak battery which tends to throw up weird messages. How old is your battery?

Again, have you hit any bad patches very hard recently, thereby loosening any sensors/wires etc?
Ohk . My battery is stock and it's 2.5 years old. There are no signs of low battery yet in MID. I did drive through uneven roads just before occurred. But it didnt scratch the bottom .
Old 2nd February 2021, 14:36   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ohk . My battery is stock and it's 2.5 years old. There are no signs of low battery yet in MID.
Don't know about Audi, but VW & Skoda premium vehicles are notorious for sudden battery failure around the 2-2.5 year mark .

Better to visit Skoda Service and lodge an official request to inspect the battery just in case you can get a new one (if required) under warranty or at a substantial discount (if not).
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 10:37   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Don't know about Audi, but VW & Skoda premium vehicles are notorious for sudden battery failure around the 2-2.5 year mark .

Better to visit Skoda Service and lodge an official request to inspect the battery just in case you can get a new one (if required) under warranty or at a substantial discount (if not).
Noted. Yep. I'm planning to visit Skoda service center this weekend. I hope this will be covered under warrantly
Old 10th March 2021, 13:54   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Noted. Yep. I'm planning to visit Skoda service center this weekend. I hope this will be covered under warrantly
Any update on what happened ?
Old 11th March 2021, 11:17   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Any update on what happened ?
Yes. The ABS sensor of front right tyre had gone faulty. It was replaced.
Old 16th July 2021, 13:04   #388
BHPian

The clear case of Greed; raw Greed!!

I came across a second hand stock VRS230 for sale under warranty and less than 25K on odo! Now the boy racer in me wants to get this car as the deal looks good. There is this constant head vs heart debate which I'm having with myself. Then I thought why suffer alone, I would love to get fellow BHPians opinion on which way to go....

Head:
- You have a Vento "stick shift" 1.6 TDI with a stage 3 setup, you love driving that car!
- You have other family cars in garage to satisfy your thirst for speed and acceleration (630d)
- Why spend more when you will never get the price you have put in on Vento
- Your heart will never part ways with Vento, you don't need another car no place!

Heart:

- You are missing out on a project car; next vrs will be totally outside your budget plus might be mild hybrid; this can keep you busy for another 5-10 years!
- Did I hear you say mid life crisis; well this can get rid of it
- Your Michelin pilot sport 4 have got cracks in them is it, you want to spend more on 9 yr old car ?
- you live only once, follow your passion

Now this is a tough one, I'm probably going to follow my head on this one; I don't think I have the heart to get rid of my awesome tuned vento and without selling it; it makes no sense for one more car in the garage or for the wallet! What do you guys think ?

Mods: Trust this post belongs here! please remove/move if otherwise. Thanks

Last edited by Blackbolt : 16th July 2021 at 13:06.
Blackbolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 13:15   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbolt View Post
The clear case of Greed; raw Greed!!

What do you guys think ?
And thats how we sold our perfectly maintained, stage 1 Laura TDi and picked up a pre-owned 328i.

That being said, I am lucky that I had a fun S Cross 1.6 in the garage and had just sold our E60 525D so I was able to convince the head.

In your case, the vRS is a great buy and the size + power make it a great daily for the city which the 630D may not be (large, not as sporty) or the Vento maybe a little bit of a pain (Mumbai traffic).
If the head agrees to the above reasons you know what to do. If not, you can always console your heart because even though the next gen vRS maybe a hybrid, but a pre-owned vRS 245 / 330i / 340i / baby AMG can still happen.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 11:40   #390
BHPian

Dear enthusiasts, I was on the lookout for a pre worshipped SUV/People mover to replace my 2014 XUV and stumbled upon this 2018 model Blue VRS driven about 23 k. I know it's a rare car and but what is the right price to pay in Blr? Current owner is not budging below 30 L

Most Viewed