Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2021, 14:20   #391
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Dear enthusiasts, I was on the lookout for a pre worshipped SUV/People mover to replace my 2014 XUV and stumbled upon this 2018 model Blue VRS driven about 23 k. I know it's a rare car and but what is the right price to pay in Blr? Current owner is not budging below 30 L
For your reference, a 2018 Grey one with sun film, ppf, new Michelin tyres sold since the new owner sadly passed away so would be going to a third owner went for 25L - the asking price

Last edited by ajmat : 1st August 2021 at 14:42.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 14:39   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
For your reference, a 2018 Grey one with sun film, pdf, new Michelin tyres sold since the new owner sadly passed away so would be going to a third owner went for 25L - the asking price
Thanks for the perspective Ajmat. Do you know how many kms the car had clocked? Also, pardon my ignorance but does this mean the deal I am being offered is good? While is see some addons in your example, being a third owner might have brought the price down. Also, did you mean PPF (paint protection film)? I am not sure what PDF is.
Old 1st August 2021, 14:45   #393
Team-BHP Support

Corrected - it was PPF. Consider the fact that one would be the third owner and also previous owner had passed away so transfer might have been complicated. The sellers spouse had the phone ringing off the hook, I understand and got the asking price
Old 1st August 2021, 17:59   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Dear enthusiasts, I was on the lookout for a pre worshipped SUV/People mover to replace my 2014 XUV and stumbled upon this 2018 model Blue VRS driven about 23 k. I know it's a rare car and but what is the right price to pay in Blr? Current owner is not budging below 30 L
The thing is, in Bangalore at least, there is strong demand for the vRS from hardcore enthusiasts due to its mod potential. I won't be surprised if the blue one actually sells for 30L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
For your reference, a 2018 Grey one with sun film, ppf, new Michelin tyres sold since the new owner sadly passed away so would be going to a third owner went for 25L - the asking price
Car was sold to a fellow BHPian itself.
Old 28th September 2021, 16:51   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
The thing is, in Bangalore at least, there is strong demand for the vRS from hardcore enthusiasts due to its mod potential. I won't be surprised if the blue one actually sells for 30L.

Car was sold to a fellow BHPian itself.
I have started seeing that the VRS are appreciating in value and 30 lakhs seems to be the norm to begin with.
Old 14th November 2021, 14:10   #396

I consider myself lucky to find one three year old 12K KMs done in absolute stock condition. Just starting to get to know the car in real than the years of theoretical knowledge acquired via this forum.
Old 21st December 2021, 13:02   #397
BHPian

Hello All,

The battery of my VRS keys don't last long . The original battery which came along with car lasted for over an year. Post this, all the batteries seems to drain out in matter of 2 to 3 months. I normally replace the key batteries from the showroom itself.

Is this common for all owners ? Any suggestion for other brands for key batteries will be useful .

Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 19:53   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar.madhavan View Post
Yes. The ABS sensor of front right tyre had gone faulty. It was replaced.
I faced this issue once again during my recent journey from Trivandrum to Bangalore. Almost 100 kms from Bangalore this sensor error popped up. . It is the same right front tyre sensor and this is second time in a span of 10 months. The car is still under warranty.

Motogeeks - Any thoughts on what this could be causing this? Should i check anything further like - wheel bearing or so ? And raise a complaint with Skoda on this ? Is this common across other VRS owners ? Please share your thoughts
Old 19th June 2022, 14:08   #399
Senior - BHPian

I couldn’t help, but share this with TBHP enthusiasts - this build based on VRS245 surely does look mental and puts a lot of cars to shame on road (atleast for now as per paper / YouTube video claims).

A vRS building close to 576bhp & 600Nm is crazy

Old 31st August 2022, 18:14   #400
BHPian

Hey a quick question to the VRS owners. Do you think it’s a good idea to change a VRS for a 330i M sport? I’m really struggling to convince myself but would like to hear if anyone else has done this change and their opinion.

Thanks in advance.

MOD NOTE : u = you.

Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th October 2022 at 08:56. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 9th October 2022, 01:21   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinjoseph View Post
Hey a quick question to the VRS owners. Do u think it’s a good idea to change a VRS for a 330i M sport? I’m really struggling to convince myself but would like to hear if anyone else has done this change and their opinion.
M340i is a worthy upgrade for someone looking to move from a VRS.
Old 11th October 2022, 11:38   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
It's VRS230? Wasn't its ex-showroom in 2017 around 25. 5 year old and 44000 km done car, at almost OTR. Should've bought it new when I had the chance.
Hi Stolidus,

He's quoted rates based on the market value currently for similar examples.
Adrian Stephens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 11:54   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Stephens View Post
Hi Stolidus,

He's quoted rates based on the market value currently for similar examples.
I wasn't attacking you or your quoted price. I was just thinking out loud about if I had bought the car in 2017, it would've been a financially good decision too.
Stolidus500 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 08:03   #404

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinjoseph View Post
Hey a quick question to the VRS owners. Do you think it’s a good idea to change a VRS for a 330i M sport? I’m really struggling to convince myself but would like to hear if anyone else has done this change and their opinion.

Thanks in advance.

MOD NOTE : u = you.

Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

NO.
You can go for a m340i or an Audi S5.
The Vrs is too much car for the price and that is not the case with the 330i , you should replace the Vrs with a 3.0L turbo engine at the least to feel any real change/ upgrade.
toofastfoyou is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 10:34   #405
BHPian

A request here, anyone who knows if a VRS is on sale or is part of any group where there is info available, do DM me. I'm really looking for a poor mans performance sedan and there's nothing else available in the market at the moment in this segment, and getting to know if a VRS is available or not is also extremely difficult. Preferable in Delhi NCR or Mumbai. Thanks!

Most Viewed