Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2018, 12:11   #196
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review

Hi everyone,
I have my head over heels for the Octavia RS since I heard of its launch. My family just bought 2 cars in October 2017 and they are only use cars for commuting from A to B. Me being the only enthusiast in the family, I have to push for this machine to be mine. However, I see me getting my hands on one only in late 2019.
I wanted to know if you guys have an idea on the availability of this precious in 2019, are there vehicles allotted to India in 2019 or will it end this year itself.
ashish2135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 12:21   #197
BHPian

Does anyone have any info regarding the current availability? I booked it in the first week of April. Still not got any confirmation on the delivery date.
Old 21st April 2018, 13:30   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
Does anyone have any info regarding the current availability? I booked it in the first week of April. Still not got any confirmation on the delivery date.
Check with your dealer. Either your car should be part of the current lot that came in Jan/Feb 2018, or if they're out of stock (depending on colour availability) it will be part of the next batch which could be a few months away.

If you dealer doesn't have any vRS in stock, check with other dealers in towns close to yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
I wanted to know if you guys have an idea on the availability of this precious in 2019, are there vehicles allotted to India in 2019 or will it end this year itself.
I think by 2019/2020 an all new Octavia should debut as the current model was originally launched in 2013. And given the success of the vRS - I am sure Skoda will launch the vRS in the new model (maybe not initially but it should definitely be part of their portfolio).
Until then, expect them to keep on importing vRS kits 2-3 times a year.
Old 21st April 2018, 14:16   #199
Senior - BHPian

Skoda follows a 9 year lifecycle for the Octavia. In that case the new model should debut in 2022. I hope Skoda keeps selling the current RS models till then.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 15:00   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
Hi everyone,
I have my head over heels for the Octavia RS since I heard of its launch. My family just bought 2 cars in October 2017 and they are only use cars for commuting from A to B. Me being the only enthusiast in the family, I have to push for this machine to be mine. However, I see me getting my hands on one only in late 2019.
Seeing how their model lifecycle works, the current Octavia RS should be on sale till 2019.
If not, you could always pick up a used one & spend the saved money on mods.

P.S - I really doubt that Imperial Skoda’s technicians would even be trained to service the RS, since they failed to do simple jobs on my friend’s Laura.

Last edited by AShubrah : 21st April 2018 at 15:15.
AShubrah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 20:10   #201
Senior - BHPian

The previous Octavia and Laura were late comers in the Indian market, so do not go by the Indian lifecycle. Only the 3rd generation Octavia came on time in 2013 soon after it was released abroad.

The model lifecycle of the Octavia is 9 years, so it is NOT going to be phased out by 2019.

Octavia 1996 - 2005 (9 years)
Octavia 2nd Gen/Laura - 2005 - 2013 (9 years)
Octavia 3 Gen - 2013 - 2022 (probably 9 years)
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 12:40   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
P.S - I really doubt that Imperial Skoda’s technicians would even be trained to service the RS, since they failed to do simple jobs on my friend’s Laura.

I have heard some bad stories about friends who bought cars from them. I was even skeptical about them knowing about the RS.
However, they have sold quite a few numbers of Kodiaqs for a small town.
Maybe things are getting better.
Old 4th May 2018, 11:30   #203
BHPian

Hi everyone,
Coming back to the topic of Octavia VRS's life cycle in India.

Given the success of the VRS, Skoda should continue selling this generation till VW's ‘India 2.0’ plan kicks-in i.e 2021. Having said that, it would be interesting to see if we get an Engine update in 2019/20 when BS-VI comes to the picture.
Old 7th May 2018, 15:02   #204
BHPian

Apparently skoda has stopped bookings for the RS for the year? Did anyone book an RS recently? After finally deciding to take the plunge was saddened to hear
Old 8th May 2018, 00:13   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvb View Post
Apparently skoda has stopped bookings for the RS for the year? Did anyone book an RS recently? After finally deciding to take the plunge was saddened to hear

This is strange! Are they again going to shelf the car? Makes me think again about Octavia's future. Was planning to buy a 1.8 TSI but am more afraid now.
Old 8th May 2018, 07:30   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathuranuj View Post
This is strange! Are they again going to shelf the car? Makes me think again about Octavia's future. Was planning to buy a 1.8 TSI but am more afraid now.
There is in fact a 3 month waiting period in BLR for the standard 1.8!;Don't worry about the 1.8 as it selling very well It's been through a great facelift with new interiors, and will be around for a good 2 years more in the current avatar.

It's the RS RHD kits which are in short supply internationally, and hence the abnormal volatility in India RS deliveries!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 17:48   #207
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I'm seriously considering taking the plunge and purchasing a VRS. Just wanted to know from the guys who have purchased same, how much booking amount have you paid? Gurudev is asking for Rs. 3 lakhs with delivery within 5 months.
Old 9th May 2018, 17:53   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Just wanted to know from the guys who have purchased same, how much booking amount have you paid?
Bangalore Tafe asked for 1 lakh with 3 months waiting (My info is two weeks old so delivery timeliness could have changed). 1 lakh is what is printed on the dealer invoice for any Octavia variant.
deepfreak15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 23:55   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
Finally car has arrived and will be taking delivery tomorrow and it is magic black!! It has been over 3 months since booking, but worth the wait just for Black vRS. Upgrading from black Laura vRS to Black Octavia vRS !

Mumbai dealer also has red vRS in stock and ready for immediate delivery, anyone interested ??
VRS looks stunning in Black. Congrats on your new car. A black alloy upgrade will look cool. Can you post some latest pics of your car?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th June 2018 at 09:48. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability
Old 12th May 2018, 14:51   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm seriously considering taking the plunge and purchasing a VRS. Just wanted to know from the guys who have purchased same, how much booking amount have you paid? Gurudev is asking for Rs. 3 lakhs with delivery within 5 months.

I have paid 1L booking amount in Bangalore in the first week of April. The delivery is promised in 2 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks