Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2018, 17:46   #286
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Have you given Autobahn a shot?

Alternately - some good deals on pre-owned 330i & 330iGT. Will cost a little bit more, but then could be worth it.
Thanks for the reply. And yeah - I've given Autobahn a shot - but none of them have the vehicle in stock. I live in South Mumbai - and the only reason I agreed to purchase a vehicle all the way from Vashi (which is about an hour away from where I live) is because they were the only guys actually promising to deliver on a fixed date. Spoke to the manager at the dealer's main office today - and he said they might be facing difficulties in procuring the vehicle due to the 2.0L engine also being used in the upcoming Superb Sportline - so he's still rather unsure about the delivery date. After repeatedly calling him yesterday, he finally sent me curt response at 11:35pm last night saying - "I'll make sure the car gets delivered before the promised 15th of this month or I'll refund the booking amount" - not realising that a refund will not help me get the car earlier or from anywhere else either, since the bookings have stopped at most places.

And about the 3-series, I love the vehicle - and you can't beat the pure driving dynamics of a rear wheel drive - but I've got a family of 5, and the Octavia fits the practicality needs kinda perfectly for 3 at the back. I've also got a rather narrow parking space in the building - and any vehicle longer than the Octavia is a strict no for me - so I'm kinda stuck with the RS until then. Guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed then.
Old 12th September 2018, 19:34   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadnaik View Post
Spoke to the manager at the dealer's main office today - and he said they might be facing difficulties in procuring the vehicle due to the 2.0L engine also being used in the upcoming Superb Sportline - so he's still rather unsure about the delivery date.
Due to the 2.0 engine in the upcoming Indian Superb Sportsline(!) or demand for the same from the EU market?

Last edited by itwasntme : 12th September 2018 at 19:41.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 07:34   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

P.S. - I'd love to hear about any other Mumbai RS purchase experiences that might have been positive - maybe u can contact different dealers for a better experience.
About a month back when I was in the market for a car and had spoken to Autobahn, I was categorically told that the imports have stopped and hence getting one would be difficult.

It gets my goat when the dealership staff things that they can peddle any BS to the customer and the customer will accept it. The Superb Sportline is 280PS car i.e. atleast in UK it is. Also the VRS is a CBU and if at all the Sportsline arrives on our shores, i feel same will be the case there as well.

Dealership staff,

Last edited by manson : 22nd January 2019 at 00:28.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 13:38   #289
BHPian

Below is the exact mail I've sent Skoda Customer Care. It encapsulates and chronologically illustrates how poor my sales experience was (and continues to be) while attempting to purchase a Skoda Octavia RS.

The mail begins from below --

Now I've already heard terrible things about Skoda Service and Sales but since Skoda claims to have revamped their system, I decided to go ahead with the booking of an Octavia RS (Red) - with the Skoda JMD Dealer in Vashi via a Sales Advisor by the name of Nikhil.

I paid the booking amount in the first week of August - on the 6th, and was promised and confirmed that the delivery of the vehicle would happen by 20th of August. To give you perspective, I live in South Mumbai - and the closest Skoda Dealer to me was in Prabhadevi - but it was only due to the earlier delivery date that I was being promised that I decided to go ahead with Skoda JMD in Vashi. So it was really important for me that the delivery happened on time.

About a week before the delivery date, Nikhil - the service advisor postponed the delivery date (without any intimation or apology) to the end of August, saying "Skoda had not yet updated him about the vehicle". He then tried to pawn off a Blue or a Grey Octavia RS saying "Sir, I have Blue and Grey ready - if you want it right now." But since I had made the booking with a Red Colour, and was promised a Red colour vehicle, I refused flatly.

When the end of August arrived Nikhil stopped receiving my phone calls - and I have proof of all the messages I've sent him. Every time I called him, after about 4-5 attempts, he would receive the call and say "Sir I'm driving, can I call you back after 15 mins" or "Sir I'm in the washroom, can I call you back in 2 mins" and would NEVER RETURN THE CALL!

By the time the month came to an end, I demanded I speak to a higher authority - since they had still not delivered my vehicle - despite them promising to do so every day saying "Sir it will come in 2 days, and Sir the vehicle is about to be dispatched etc". These were all blatant lies - and quite frankly shameful considering I was about to purchase a car for that amount of money. The norm is that the Sales guys is supposed to chase you - but this time, I was the person on the back foot - and since they already had my advance payment, it looked like they didn't care.

I finally managed to get in touch with a "Senior Skoda Representative" at the JMD (the dealer) office in Thane by the name of "Rupesh". He spoke really well - and requested an extension because there was delay in the delivery from Skoda - so he asked for an extension saying the care will be delivered (not allocated - but delivered) between the 10th and the 15th of September. He also promised me some compensation on the vehicle and that thought kept me patient - even though the delivery date had already been pushed to almost a month from the initial promise made to me when I was making the booking amount.

I kept my patience, didn't call them back until the 10th, even though I was absolutely infuriated by now. It's not about the delay - but it's about their blatant lies and refusal to be polite, courteous and even have the decency to respond to calls. On the 9th, I messaged Rupesh asking for an update. No reply. I called him, No reply again. I call him again the next day (on the 10th) and he replies with a curt "I'll call you back later." Nothing else. So I waited. About 7 hours later (it's 6 in the evening now) I message and call him again and he doesn't receive my call and replies with another curt "Yes sir I will call you." Now this starts to get on my nerves, if it takes me 48 hours to get in touch with a senior sales representative - then obviously this means something is wrong with their entire team. He doesn't call me back still - so I message him at 7 again - and he sends me reply again saying "Sir, still waiting for the same - I'll call you back" - meaning he's awaiting Skoda's reply right now. So I wait again - and at 9 I send him a last message saying "So I'm assuming your'e not going to call me today" - he finally responds at 11:35pm - in the night - saying "Sir Sorry but I will make sure your car will get deliver before 15th September or else we will refund your amount."

Now it's starting to annoy me - cause I'm approaching the date that Skoda Autobahn Prabhadevi (which is closer to my residence) had initially told me honestly - saying that "Sir, there are no vehicles being delivered now - but it will come by the end of September" - and I had chosen to believe Nikhil and Rupesh against my better judgement when they promised the vehicle by the 20th of August.

Finally - after an umpteen member of calls to Rupesh, he finally replied this morning (it is the 15th of September today) with a message - and I quote "Sir I had a con call yesterday as Skoda india I will get car in last week of this month September so we can plan delivery by 28th to 30th of September". No apology, no mention of any compensation - nothing. Just a plain and curt reply without even acknowledging that he was supposed to call me last night.

So currently it seems like Skoda Autobahn was more honest with me from the start about giving me realistic delivery dates. Now I'm being forced to cancel my booking with JMD and book with Skoda Autobahn instead. They've promised to refund my amount by net week - so I'm hoping they can commit to that delivery date at the very least.

I'm also going to post this entire message online on Team BHP and other forums so that people are aware about my personal experience. I am fully aware that one experience with one dealer does not define how an entire company is - but everything I have mentioned in this mail/post is both true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and memory. And it is extremely disheartening for me to have this kind of experience for a car and a vehicle that I truly admire and I hope this care-a-hang attitude changes at the soonest.

Skoda really needs to up their sales and after sales experiences because if this kind of service continues, it will extremely detrimental for the company.

--

So yeah - that's what I've sent Skoda Customer Care. The booking for this year have stopped apparently - but I'm just annoyed with these guys - and I'm actually asking for a refund cause I'm done expecting people to have any sense of decency with regards to honouring commitments or at least being forthcoming with apologising when you can't keep upto a commitment.

P.S. - Yeah, he also backed out on his compensation claim, saying "we can give your car a 3M cleaning if you want for free". And I was like (insert unmentionable expletives here)!
ahmadnaik is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 08:32   #290
BHPian

Tried PMing you some details of Skoda personnel you may try and contact, but couldn't send it. Do try and get in touch. I've got some numbers and emails of Skoda personnel which you can use to escalate.
krishnadevjs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 08:33   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi, deeply sorry to hear of your experience. Ironically, Skoda India launched their 'Peace of Mind' campaign in August 2018 :-).

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/news/new...hip-experience

Maybe they were too busy doing that to give any time to genuine loyal customers like you!

Last edited by itwasntme : 16th September 2018 at 08:45.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 10:48   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Below is the exact mail I've sent Skoda Customer Care. It encapsulates and chronologically illustrates how poor my sales experience was (and continues to be) while attempting to purchase a Skoda Octavia RS.
I have been going thru my own string of issues with Skoda. Finally I wrote to Ashutosh Dixit last Friday morning. And boy by evening everyone was just running. Yesterday i received an email from Amit Dhingra - Head Customer Care and Jay Koradia - Area Service Manager.

I suggest you write to the top directly and raise some stink.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 16:38   #293
BHPian

Folks - Any recommendations for Magnetic Sun shades (with Zips) for all windows ? Alternatively if there is an good sun film for all glasses which is colorless and can contain heat pretty well, do let me know with approx cost.
Old 25th September 2018, 20:50   #294
BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get a new booking done for next lot. I was casually talking to a service advisor in one of the demo stalls hosted by Skoda and he told following

1. Booking is still on and booking amount has been increased to 3 lacs.
2. Next lot with come with more power 245ps, an increase from existing 230ps.

Since I was not serious I did not drill further. Skoda customer care however told that they are not taking fresh bookings and this variant was "Limited edition".

I am not sure who is telling the truth.

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 25th September 2018 at 20:52.
antardaksh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 10:21   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar.madhavan View Post
Folks - Any recommendations for Magnetic Sun shades (with Zips) for all windows ? Alternatively if there is an good sun film for all glasses which is colorless and can contain heat pretty well, do let me know with approx cost.
There are numerous brand available starting from 1500 ₹ upto 25000₹, i use magnetic shades from brand called fit fly, they were 3500₹, are not the types with zipper's, how ever they reduce heat inside the cabin considerably, I was once pulled over by cops thinking my windows were tinted, however they let me go with a smile. There are brands selling heat rejection films(3m, llumar) not tinted, they do a great job, however will cost a bomb, i had 3m's film on the front windscreen on my earlier car, was happy, however had to change the windscreen due to a chip, and obviously the film was wasted, have not installed any such films on the vRS windscreen yet, but I would highly reccomend it.
zebo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 10:27   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
2. Next lot with come with more power 245ps, an increase from existing 230ps.
I'd be very happy but unlikely! The 245 comes with even more expensive add-ons like yet another tranny (the 7 speed wet clutch DQ380), Electronic Differential Lock (EDL) like the Polo GTI, 19 inch tyres, Dynamic Cruise Control (DCC) etc.

Doubtful if Skoda India will be allowed to bring in such a super flagship when VW India are struggling to sell the Passat with only DCC.

Also the 2.0 TSIs are being replaced across the EU and I understand the 245 version is already scarce across the EU.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 10:41   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I'd be very happy but unlikely! The 245 comes with even more expensive add-ons like yet another tranny (the 7 speed wet clutch DQ380), Electronic Differential Lock (EDL) like the Polo GTI, 19 inch tyres, Dynamic Cruise Control (DCC) etc.

Doubtful if Skoda India will be allowed to bring in such a super flagship when VW India are struggling to sell the Passat with only DCC.

Also the 2.0 TSIs are being replaced across the EU and I understand the 245 version is already scarce across the EU.
With the VRS selling like hot cakes, they might as well bring a small number of limited ed VRS 245s through the CBU route. A 245 bhp VRS at 40 lakhs on road with all those add ons, esp DCC ( dynamic chassis control). Sounds yummy and scary at the same time.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 26th September 2018 at 10:51.
Santoshbhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 15:49   #298
Senior - BHPian

Not necessary that the 245 comes with DCC, yes thank you for correcting @santosh. EDL is most probably standard as of now as well. The major problem for the 245 will be the additional moolah for that extra 10-12 hp gain, DQ 380 is a bit slower than the DQ 250 what I have experienced, and mainly to get 95-97 RON best quality petrol every single time to keep that engine happy. It will definitely not perform at par with Euro spec if not run on higher RON fuel. Don't know when will the 95-97 RON become standard gasoline in India.
Old 27th September 2018, 18:15   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebo View Post
There are numerous brand available starting from 1500 ₹ upto 25000₹, i use magnetic shades from brand called fit fly, they were 3500₹, are not the types with zipper's, how ever they reduce heat inside the cabin considerably, I was once pulled over by cops thinking my windows were tinted, however they let me go with a smile. There are brands selling heat rejection films(3m, llumar) not tinted, they do a great job, however will cost a bomb, i had 3m's film on the front windscreen on my earlier car, was happy, however had to change the windscreen due to a chip, and obviously the film was wasted, have not installed any such films on the vRS windscreen yet, but I would highly reccomend it.
Thanks mate. I did enquire with 3M about the available options. Seems quite expensive. I was quoted approx 30K for the all windscreen including front one. I have decided to take a step by step approach for now. Have sourced magnetic zipper sun shade from brand Kozdiko . Let me use it for a few days and decide if there is a need for sun films. But I believe films will always be a better solution for heat reductions.
Old 28th September 2018, 11:32   #300
BHPian

Got delivery of my vRS (Race Blue color). Have driven it 300 kms since. Here are my initial impressions:

1) The turbo kicks in nice and early, however, you do feel a slight lag in the 'drive' mode.
2) Suspension is stiff. I've driven a 1.8 tsi as well. Within 5 mins, you can start feeling the difference. It will take sometime getting use to it.
3) Ingress and egress requires some effort.
4) The car looks much better in real than pics.
5) The steering (not feedback) feel is brilliant.
6) Reaching and maintaining Triple digit speeds is a breeze. Speed masking feature is a boon.
7) The stock tires do a good job in both dry and wet conditions.
8) The headlights are good until there is a vehicle coming from the opposite direction. I was getting blinded each time. I know it happens with all vehicles but in this case it was comparatively higher than the other cars I own or have owned in the past (Honda City, VW Polo, Honda Amaze, VW Jetta, Maruti Gypsy).
9) Black interiors look amazing. It's a pain to keep them clean, though.
10) Owing to no rear mud flaps, the car gets dirty pretty easily.
11) The braking system is in another league. I drove my VW Polo just after this and nearly ended up banging it against the parking gate. As I applied the same pressure on the brakes and you can imagine the response was very very different.

P.S. Within 2 days of bringing the vRS home, the automatic start-stop system has stopped responding. The warning sign says: 'Operating temperature not maintained'.
Ashish0485 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks