Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2018, 11:21   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
If you are planning to keep the car for a long period - meaning not reselling in few years - then go for the 2017 model. 80k is a significant discount.

Thanks DigitalOne, I am planning to keep the car for at least three years.
Old 31st March 2018, 11:55   #152
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
I am planning to buy the new Verna. I went for a test drive and liked the car. The only thing which I found lacking are the brakes. I found them spongy. Otherwise overall it's an excellent package at such a price point.
I second that. Took a test drive of New Verna 2017, VTVT last week and felt that the brakes lacked the bite. Power delivery is fantastic and that typical Vernaesque Boat like ride quality is gone. Instead you get a planted feeling though not in the league of European sedans. Brakes and interiors were a bit of a letdown for me though. Waiting for Ciaz Facelift and praying that they plonk a powerful petrol motor into it.

Last edited by manson : 27th June 2018 at 20:51. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 31st March 2018, 16:07   #153
BHPian

Quote:
The only thing which I found lacking are the brakes. I found them spongy. The total saving comes to nearly 80k.
The brakes are more than adequate. They just feel spongy but I have never had any problems whatsoever. I recently sold mine to get a hexa. And 80k is an awesome deal. Go for it. Verna is a fantastic car.
Old 1st April 2018, 14:17   #154
BHPian

Planning for a test drive again this week specifically for the brakes. Getting a good offer for the i10 owned by the family from the dealer. Anyone having any idea as to when the Ciaz facelift will be unveiled?
Old 1st April 2018, 14:52   #155
BHPian

Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerCarver View Post
Planning for a test drive again this week specifically for the brakes. Getting a good offer for the i10 owned by the family from the dealer. Anyone having any idea as to when the Ciaz facelift will be unveiled?

As per some reports the refreshed Ciaz would come post June. Either July or August. Maruti is still testing it's new engines which are reported to replace the existing ones plonked in Ciaz and others. I have also asked my dealer to give me another test drive specifically to test brakes again. Will be doing that tomorrow. Verna IMHO is much more delightful Car to drive than the Ciaz. My opinion is based strictly on the test drives I took of Verna and Ciaz.

Last edited by rajamuneeb : 1st April 2018 at 14:55.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 14:06   #156
MCR
BHPian

On 30.03.2018 I took the delivery of Hyundai Verna 1.6D MT SX. The delivery experience at Advaith Hyundai was very smooth. I upgraded the rubber to Yokohama A drive R1 at Madhus. The size I have chosen is 205/55 R16. The OE Tyre was Bridgestone Ecopia.

Now for some initial review (after driving close to 300 Kms over the weekend);

1. The ride quality is just awesome and is far better than the Honda City!
2. The handling is also good and with a fatter Tyre, I have more confidence in taking the corners at slightly higher speeds.
3. The interior part quality is good too.
4. The car is highly insulated. The engine cannot be heard inside the Cabin.
5. The overall glass area is smaller as compared to segment rivals and this helps the AC to cool the cabin quickly and also maintain lower blower speeds.
6. The seats are comfortable.

What could have been better?

1. There is no foot well lighting in SX variant!
2. The switches on the driver door are not illuminated (other than Driver Power Window Switch).
3. Rear seat leg room can be an issue if the front seats are pushed all the way back.
4. High boot loading lip!

Overall I find this car much better and refined as compared to my earlier car (2014 Honda City iDTEC SV)
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-p_20180330_121935_vhdr_auto.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-p_20180330_121945_vhdr_auto.jpg  

MCR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 23:02   #157
BHPian

Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
On 30.03.2018 I took the delivery of Hyundai Verna 1.6D MT SX.

Many congratulations MCR. Wish you endless happy niggle free miles with your new car. A quick question though. Were you able to get any discounts on it? I am also going to book mine in a week's time. Trying to get quotes from different dealers. I am interested in the SXO model. Congrats once again buddy.

Last edited by rajamuneeb : 2nd April 2018 at 23:05.
Old 3rd April 2018, 10:15   #158
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations MCR. Wish you endless happy niggle free miles with your new car. A quick question though. Were you able to get any discounts on it? I am also going to book mine in a week's time. Trying to get quotes from different dealers. I am interested in the SXO model. Congrats once again buddy.
Thanks for the wishes rajamuneeb.

There are no discounts on the car. In fact some fast moving colors have a waiting time of around 1 week. I had got quotes from 3 dealers and all of them quoted the same price. I went with Advaith Hyundai since they could get me a Mach 2018 manufactured car.
Old 5th April 2018, 11:04   #159
BHPian

Much has been talked about the lack of cabin space of the Verna compared to its peers. A genuine question, Verna has similar exterior dimensions to the peers, so is the lack of interior space due to inefficient space utilization or has the space being spent in longer overhangs or where exactly is the space being utilized?
Old 10th April 2018, 11:23   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
On 30.03.2018 I took the delivery of Hyundai Verna 1.6D MT SX. Overall I find this car much better and refined as compared to my earlier car (2014 Honda City iDTEC SV)
Hi MCR, and many congratulation on your fabulous buy!

I am deeply happy to read your review simply because I was a die-hard fan of the City, and had firmly made up mind to replace my outgoing Indigo with it. In the City, I loved the cabin refinement, the overall luxury and the legendary Honda reliability. The dated designs, the unappetizing cut-lines on the body and the fairly large numbers on the road didn't deter me.

But then, then new Verna was launched. My wife wanted to take a look, and just to amuse here, I went over. The first looks were amazing...the car looks really modern and sporty, and has an edge to it. And then, the amazing array of features made it all the more attractive: ventilated seats, cooled glove box, rear curtain, 6 airbags, Led lights, and everything else was just designed to floor! The safety features in terms of the high strength steel body frame, cornering lamps and six airbags appealed significantly too.

And then, the test drive made things crystal clear. The suspension was far superior. The extra 100cc of engine delivered a fab punch to the acceleration. The DRLs looked magnificent. Rear leg room and comfort is awesome as none of us goes above 5'9. It is a pleasure to get behind the wheel, with an equally delighted family beside.

So I picked up the Verna in September 2017. I miss a few things like higher average, rain sensing wipers etc., but feel that list of misses is microscopic compared to the list of Hits it delivers. Great to have another BHPian with this lovely baby...wish you awesome miles ahead!
AjayJohri is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2018, 17:06   #161
BHPian

I still can't get over the front section of the car. What were Hyundai designers thinking? The back and side profile is very good.
Karooo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 19:29   #162
BHPian

Got mine silver surfer delivered today. Had asked interiors to be done in tan orange. Some photos:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20180421_132920.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20180421_182519.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20180421_183548.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20180421_183610.jpg  

NutsNBolts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 08:42   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Got mine silver surfer delivered today. Had asked interiors to be done in tan orange. Some photos:
Congratulations on your new ride NutsNBolts. Wishing loads of happy miles ahead!

The interiors look interesting. Is this a dealer level modification or a personalisation being offered directly by Hyundai? If its okay, could you share how much the tan orange interior modification cost and what are the materials used on the Seats, Dashboard and Door Trims?

I had also come across a video on YouTube showing a Verna at a Hyundai showroom, having similar interiors.

Old 23rd April 2018, 20:35   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride NutsNBolts. Wishing loads of happy miles ahead!

The interiors look interesting. Is this a dealer level modification or a personalisation being offered directly by Hyundai? If its okay, could you share how much the tan orange interior modification cost and what are the materials used on the Seats, Dashboard and Door Trims?
Thanks, red.devil_19. Its a dealer level modification. The material used is PU leather and faux wood for various trimmings. The total package was 36K.
NutsNBolts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 22:50   #165
BHPian

Test drove 1.6 top end CRDi. Man what a car! If I am buying a Sedan, Verna is my next car! Excellent driveablity, premium feel, quality of interior, smoothness of clutch and steering...awesome! Top notch IMHO! Hyudai has done a wonderful job.
blorebuddy is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks