Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2018, 13:39   #226
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcoolhand View Post
My Verna is a month old and I drive to work daily in bumper to bumper. Giving me FE of around 7kmpl. I talked to service guys and they asked me to wait for first service which is due this month. Highway FE was good, gave me around 14kmpl, driven below 80kmph to allow run-in.
Just bought a petrol manual recently. Very happy with the way it revs and amazingly smooth to drive. The MT Gearbox is a gem . Mileage hovered at 16.4 on highway and 14.6 in city runs. Quite happy with the car in totality. The Avn is impressive and does the work its meant for . Great car at good price.
Deepu Sharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 12:53   #227
BHPian

Is there any way to add auto-folding to the mirrors in the Verna. For example in the i20 where they unfold as you approach the car (proximity activated)
Old 5th July 2018, 14:16   #228
BHPian

Does swapping stock horns of the New Verna with the ones in Creta void warranty?
They have same couplers so there is no wire cutting involved.
Old 5th July 2018, 14:30   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirudh_sai View Post
Is there any way to add auto-folding to the mirrors in the Verna. For example in the i20 where they unfold as you approach the car (proximity activated)
I don’t think so because I had asked about the same and was replied in negative, maybe it can’t be done or maybe the service centre is clueless.
ishlinea7260 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 03:49   #230
BHPian

Finally the moment arrived after lot of research, hunt and negotiations, Booked Verna SX+ AT crdi😀

I'll get the car tentatively in 2 to 3 weeks.

One quick question - I'm opting for 4th and 5th year extended warranty. As Hyundai already provides 3 year standard warranty for unlimited kms, how useful the extended warranty will be if I cross a lakh km by 3 years? I believe extended warranty is applicable only upto 1 lakh km. Though my running won't exceed, just want to get some clarity.
Old 6th July 2018, 05:39   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxvistian View Post
Finally the moment arrived after lot of research, hunt and negotiations, Booked Verna SX+ AT crdi😀

One quick question - I'm opting for 4th and 5th year extended warranty. As Hyundai already provides 3 year standard warranty for unlimited kms, how useful the extended warranty will be if I cross a lakh km by 3 years? I believe extended warranty is applicable only upto 1 lakh km. Though my running won't exceed, just want to get some clarity.
Hi, do read the T&C very carefully before you sign up. If you exceed the upper limit of the optional EW within your Standard Warranty itself, then EW will be void ab initio.

For Verna, I think Hyundai has a 120k km upper limit but do check.
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 11:51   #232
BANNED

Quote:
Finally the moment arrived after lot of research, hunt and negotiations, Booked Verna SX+ AT crdi��

Many congratulations. May I dare say welcome to the waiting for Verna club .

Standard Verna warranty is indeed 3 years and unlimited KM. But EW is capped at 4th year and 1 lac KM and 4th & 5th year with 1.2 lac KM. Details are available at Hyundai website.

I suggest, if you think you might cross more than 1 lac KM by the end of 3rd year itself and price difference between purchasing upfront and purchasing after 3 years are not too high; it is better to purchase later. BTW, please note, standard warranty does come with Hyundai RSA, where the EW doesn't.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 6th July 2018 at 11:52.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 12:45   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
If you exceed the upper limit of the optional EW within your Standard Warranty itself, then EW will be void ab initio.

For Verna, I think Hyundai has a 120k km upper limit but do check.
Hi, Thanks, Sure will check the terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Many congratulations. May I dare say welcome to the waiting for Verna club .

Standard Verna warranty is indeed 3 years and unlimited KM. But EW is capped at 4th year and 1 lac KM and 4th & 5th year with 1.2 lac KM. Details are available at Hyundai website.
Thank you! Congratulations to you as well
Yeah it looks a bit tricky and will need to evaluate. The EW is available for just 11k which looks reasonable and hence the dilemma. I'll think about it but mostly will go for it considering the pros vs cons.
Old 10th July 2018, 08:43   #234
BHPian

We bought a Verna SX(O) AT petrol in february. Yesterday while coming back home i noticed the fuel was a bit low 33 DTE so I stopped at a petrol pump and filled for 500 but when I switched on the car the fuel needle was in the same place as before filling up. The low fuel light had gone away but DTE was still 33km. In doubt I put another 500 but no difference. So I left the place and started back. During the drive back I stopped once, when I started the car again the meter has increased by 1 point DTE was now 32km. by the time i reached home the gauge was showing one point below 1/2 DTE 32km. Today i went to check the car again its back to its original place 3 points above empty like it was before refueling DTE is now 29km .

Any inputs would be appreciated.
Old 13th July 2018, 09:36   #235
BHPian

What is the usual waiting period for Verna Diesel AT? I'm waiting impatiently though it is just over a week The dealer provided a tentative timeline of 3 weeks. He said that there are two May 2018 cars available to order. As I insisted on June 2018 make, it will take some time before he can place the order. I'm not sure if this theory is right as it is hard to believe there is very few booking across the city that slows down the vehicle dispatch out of the factory.

Just within a week of booking, I've been told of increase in price of the extended warranty to 18k (from 11k quoted earlier which was done by mistake as per the dealer). I'm thinking whether to take it now or buy later after a couple of years.

OT - I've a question related to Car loan agreement. I'm getting the loan from sbi through the dealer and it is approved as well very quickly within a few days. The dealership Finance guy who is coordinating the loan processing requests me to come to the dealership for signing the loan agreement along with security cheque. Will this be appropriate to sign it without even knowing the delivery date? Once I sign, will the loan be disbursed directly to the dealer though there is no car allocated yet?
Old 13th July 2018, 11:04   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new car and choice

What offers did you get on your Verna (if any)? I am also interested in Verna SX CRDi in near future though for manual one only. Input from others also appreciated. Thanks.
Old 13th July 2018, 11:36   #237
BANNED

Quote:
What is the usual waiting period for Verna Diesel AT?
My dealer in Pune also initially promised me 3 weeks for my petrol SX, but it took them 7 weeks to land it in their yard after much drama. Now waiting for the dealer to complete registration process before delivery.

Quote:
I'm thinking whether to take it now or buy later after a couple of years.
I am going to wait for standard warranty to over before purchasing 4th&5th year EW.

Quote:
The dealership Finance guy who is coordinating the loan processing requests me to come to the dealership for signing the loan agreement along with security cheque. Will this be appropriate to sign it without even knowing the delivery date? Once I sign, will the loan be disbursed directly to the dealer though there is no car allocated yet?
You may sign the agreement, but I suggest, do not sign on the loan disbursement form. Also, please notify the bank to not release any fund, till they have a go ahead from you. I for instance, released a down payment only after receiving the order details and full and final amount only after PDI at their yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirudh_sai View Post
Today i went to check the car again its back to its original place 3 points above empty like it was before refueling DTE is now 29km .

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Hi Anirudh, fuel indicator sensors sometimes tend to show wrong info, while the car is hot. If you keep it switched of overnight, the label will be more accurate. This also happened in your case. This is perfectly normal. It is recommended though to not keep such low fuel in your tank.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 13th July 2018 at 11:49.
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 19:21   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
What offers did you get on your Verna (if any)? I am also interested in Verna SX CRDi in near future though for manual one only. Input from others also appreciated. Thanks.
The Hyundai dealers I have been in touch with in Bangalore, are offering a Corporate Discount of 15k on the Verna. You could also try negotiating on the insurance. I believe what the dealers are quoting is way too high compared to the quotes I found online. You could possibly save about 10k on the insurance premium.
red.devil_19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 01:12   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
Congratulations on your new car and choice
What offers did you get on your Verna (if any)?
Thank you I shopped across the dealers and bargained hard by pitting them against each other. Successfully I've managed to get 40k Rs discount (more towards covering their bloated insurance) + 15k Corporate discount + 8k bumper to bumper insurance. All the best for your negotiations whenever you start looking out for Verna!

Quote:
My dealer in Pune also initially promised me 3 weeks for my petrol SX, but it took them 7 weeks to land it in their yard after much drama. Now waiting for the dealer to complete registration process before delivery.
That's bad, it isn't looking good, sorry for your troubles ! I'm not sure if the same delay awaits me as well!
Hope you get through the hurdles quickly and get your hands on the Car which will wipe out all these glitches away!

Quote:
I am going to wait for standard warranty to over before purchasing 4th&5th year EW.
Hmm I might also go this route looking at the price increase for EW.

Quote:
You may sign the agreement, but I suggest, do not sign on the loan disbursement form. Also, please notify the bank to not release any fund, till they have a go ahead from you. I for instance, released a down payment only after receiving the order details and full and final amount only after PDI at their yard.
Thanks for the valuable inputs I'll stick to the same approach as it makes good sense.
madmaxvistian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 02:02   #240
BHPian

Can anyone, please help me with the 0-100kmph figures for the Verna:
Diesel Manual: x.xx sec
Diesel (Auto): x.xx sec

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks