Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 15th July 2018, 06:28   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirudh_sai View Post
The low fuel light had gone away but DTE was still 33km. In doubt I put another 500 but no difference. So I left the place and started back. During the drive back I stopped once, when I started the car again the meter has increased by 1 point DTE was now 32km. Any inputs would be appreciated.
This happened to me a year ago in my Vento Tdi. I had forgotten to refuel on time and are based reached down to 20 km. I filled the tank till auto cut off and it held 47 litres. Fuel gauge indicator refused to budge. I checked again the next morning and it had slowly crept up to about half tank. It took a whole day again for it to show a full tank of diesel. This happens if the fuel is too low and the float in the tank gets struck at some place .
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 08:18   #242

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajparikh View Post
Can anyone, please help me with the 0-100kmph figures for the Verna:
Diesel Manual: x.xx sec
Diesel (Auto): x.xx sec
Diesel Manual: 9.32 sec
Diesel (Auto): 10.89 sec

Source - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...ad-test-406332
IRideScent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 09:11   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
This happened to me a year ago in my Vento Tdi. I had forgotten to refuel on time and are based reached down to 20 km. I filled the tank till auto cut off and it held 47 litres. Fuel gauge indicator refused to budge. I checked again the next morning and it had slowly crept up to about half tank. It took a whole day again for it to show a full tank of diesel. This happens if the fuel is too low and the float in the tank gets struck at some place .
I went to a Hyundai dealer next day turned out to be a loose fuse.
Anirudh_sai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 14:28   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRideScent View Post
Diesel Manual: 9.32 sec
Diesel (Auto): 10.89 sec

If the diesel manual is 9.32, how fast is the petrol then?
Fantastic numbers, considering that its a diesel.

Quote:
I went to a Hyundai dealer next day turned out to be a loose fuse.
Simple fix for such an issue. Though is it normal for fuses to become loose like this. Or was someone careless with those earlier.
I would had the same guess as sunsetorange. Stuck floater seemed like a probable cause.
Myth_sx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 17:17   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
If the diesel manual is 9.32, how fast is the petrol then?
Fantastic numbers, considering that its a diesel.
0-100 Km/h
Verna Petrol Manual- 11.18 Sec
Verna Petrol Auto- 12.20 Sec

Last edited by IRideScent : 15th July 2018 at 17:44.
IRideScent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 12:35   #246
BHPian

Just wanted some feedback on the Hankook Kinergy tyres from the existing Verna owners.

How has the performance been so far on the following parameters:
- Tread Wear
- Punctures
- Ride Quality
- Handling

Has anybody felt the need to upgrade to better tyres?
Old 18th July 2018, 11:53   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
Just wanted some feedback on the Hankook Kinergy tyres from the existing Verna owners.

How has the performance been so far on the following parameters:
- Tread Wear
- Punctures
- Ride Quality
- Handling

Has anybody felt the need to upgrade to better tyres?
Changed mine to Michelin primacy 3st 205 55 16 the very first day from bridgestone . The ride has become less noisy and ultra smooth.
Deepu Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 15:17   #248
BHPian

We bought a Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX(O) AT Petrol in January end. Currently the ODO reads 7302KM. Here are some things that I have noticed in the last 4 months. I have attached a few photos of some parts and components which I couldn't find anywhere online.
The Good Things :-
- The engine is very smooth
- The 6-speed torque converter shifts silently and smoothly
- Ventilated Seats are a boon in India's summers
- The car looks awesome especially in Black
- NVH
- Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto

The Bad Things :-
- The plastic quality isn't so good compared to our 16 year old Palio. In
some places the plastic is peeling
- The black plastic trim outside the car has already turned white (still black
on our Palio)
- Headlights are weak compared to the City. reason being halogen projectors
If Maruti can give HID/LED projectors on the Baleno and Ignis why can't
Hyundai.
- Rain sensing wipers and auto folding mirrors are solely missed (this is such
a basic feature present in the cheaper i20)
- The AT doesn't respond well to a heavy right foot.
- Fuel economy is not great 10-13kpl till now
- Some places in the car look unfinished
- I wish the headlight had blacked out elements like the US Accent
- the power window switches and mirror controls are not illuminated
- Sunvisors are made of hard plastic should have been cushioned and
wrapped in leather.
- The cabin lamp in the rear is placed too forward.
- The middle rear seat is the most uncomfortable seat I have ever sat in
- Paint quality isn't great the orange peel effect is too noticeable and there are little white spots in many places.
The clear coat has come off the front bumper

A look at the ventilated seat modules under the driver's seat (sorry for the poor image quality) :-
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_0635.jpg
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_0633.jpgHyundai Verna : Official Review-img_0634.jpg

When the sunroof is open or in the tilt position and the car is switched off the warning is displayed in the instrument cluster :-
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-dsc_9095.jpg

The Sunvisors made of hard plastic :-
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-dsc_9096.jpg

A look at the LED strip inside the tail lamp, only the outermost led lights up :-
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-dsc_9104.jpg

The plastic peeling issue :-
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-dsc_9099.jpg

Only the drivers power window switch is illuminated, no illumination on the other doors either :-
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-dsc_9097.jpg

The underside of the boot, looks like they forgot to finish it doesn't even get a proper coat of paint and the mechanism to open the boot is exposed :-
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-dsc_9101.jpg

The plastics already turning white :-
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-dsc_9105.jpg

Issues till now :-
Fuel gauge behaved erratically and DTE was completely wrong. Turned out
to be a loose fuse

Although I have nitpicked a lot I still love this car to bits
The part no. for the ventilated seat module :-
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_0632.jpg  

Last edited by Anirudh_sai : 18th July 2018 at 15:36.
Anirudh_sai is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 12:32   #249
BHPian

Finally got delivery of my Verna yesterday after much drama (that's for another day).

First thing I noticed, Supervision cluster is only available in SX(O) variant, mine is SX. Both Hyundai and the dealer conveniently forgot to mention it anywhere. Not a deal breaker for me, but certainly be helpful to know the default value for those options.

All I could gather till now are, lane change indicator blinks thrice, fuel economy displays in KM/L and temperature unit is in centigrade. Yet to find out the behavior of auto lock and unlock, instant and average fuel economy reset value, follow me home option etc.
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 12:51   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Finally got delivery of my Verna yesterday after much drama (that's for another day).
Congratulations Petrolhead. Enjoy endless happy miles with your new car. Verna is a good choice. Do post some pics of your ride and do start a ownership thread soon. There is serious dearth of ownership threads of the new Verna. 😊
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 13:26   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Congratulations Petrolhead. Enjoy endless happy miles with your new car. Verna is a good choice. Do post some pics of your ride and do start a ownership thread soon. There is serious dearth of ownership threads of the new Verna. 😊

Thank you very much rajamuneeb. I have the Verna with me for less than 24 hours and just 50 KM till now. An ownership thread is definitely in tow, but after putting up some miles on the odo. Please bear with me till then. I will be clicking some snaps over the weekend for the member' viewing pleasure.
Old 25th July 2018, 02:11   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Hearty Congratulations:thumbup:
Have a great time with the Car!

Btw I'm waiting for my Car. Hopefully I'll drive the Car home most probably the next Monday.
madmaxvistian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 10:31   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
We bought a Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX(O) AT Petrol in January end. Currently the ODO reads 7302KM. Here are some things that I have noticed in the last 4 months.
Congratulations to the both of you and wish you miles upon miles on pleasure with your new ride. I really believe that the Verna is almost a complete package for the segment it competes in. The only area where it lags behind the competition is the legroom at the back. But other than that, it's one of the best option for single car families.

Cheers
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 11:17   #254
BHPian

Quote:

First thing I noticed, Supervision cluster is only available in SX(O) variant, mine is SX. Both Hyundai and the dealer conveniently forgot to mention it anywhere. Not a deal breaker for me, but certainly be helpful to know the default value for those options.

All I could gather till now are, lane change indicator blinks thrice, fuel economy displays in KM/L and temperature unit is in centigrade. Yet to find out the behavior of auto lock and unlock, instant and average fuel economy reset value, follow me home option etc.
I dont know about the SX model but with the supervision cluster all of these are adjustable. In automatic models the auto lock can be set to lock at >15kph or as soon as the lever is moved out of Park. And auto unlock can set to unlock with engine off, shift to P or unlocking as soon as the drivers door is opened. The lane change flash can be set to 3,5 or 7 flashes. Fuel economy unit can be selected between kpl and L/100km. The headlamp delay can be turned on or off. And fuel economy can be auto reset after refuelling (more than 5L) ,on every ignition cycle or OFF.

It is like this in all Hyundai cars only the (O) model gets 6 airbags and supervision cluster
Anirudh_sai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 11:50   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxvistian View Post
Hearty Congratulations:thumbup:
Have a great time with the Car!

Btw I'm waiting for my Car. Hopefully I'll drive the Car home most probably the next Monday.

Congratulations in advance then to you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Congratulations to the both of you and wish you miles upon miles on pleasure with your new ride. I really believe that the Verna is almost a complete package for the segment it competes in. The only area where it lags behind the competition is the legroom at the back. But other than that, it's one of the best option for single car families.

Cheers

@hiren.mistry, thank you very much for your wishes.

We are not a family of very tall people. I am 5' 7" and my wife is 5' 5". We both can sit one behind other without any issue, in fact I can say space at back is aplenty for us. We made it a point during test drive that we should overload the car to check space (including my parents) and luckily for Verna was adequate.

Quote:
I dont know about the SX model but with the supervision cluster all of these are adjustable. In automatic models the auto lock can be set to lock at >15kph or as soon as the lever is moved out of Park. And auto unlock can set to unlock with engine off, shift to P or unlocking as soon as the drivers door is opened. The lane change flash can be set to 3,5 or 7 flashes. Fuel economy unit can be selected between kpl and L/100km. The headlamp delay can be turned on or off. And fuel economy can be auto reset after refuelling (more than 5L) ,on every ignition cycle or OFF.

It is like this in all Hyundai cars only the (O) model gets 6 airbags and supervision cluster

Yes, options are configurable only in (O) variant. These features have some default values (non-configurable) for other variants, which I am making a list of. I will publish here when ready.
Funny though, Hyundai mentions chrome handle bar etc is only in (O) variant, but forgot to mention supervision cluster is also available only in (O) variant .

On a side note; dealer screwed up my name in booking form. They later corrected it in their database and subsequent documents have my proper name, but Hyundai database is still having my screwed up name. Any suggestions how to fix that.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 25th July 2018 at 11:54.
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed