The quote:

Ex-Showroom - 12,85,990
Insurance - 78,161
Regn, Tax and incidental expenses - 1,98,198
Extended warranty - 13,523
Accessories - 2,300
TCS 1% - 12,860
Fastag - 600

Since I am not interested on buying the Verna, did not ask for what accessories they are charging..etc.
That means the main culprit for the high quote is "incidental expenses" Here it comes to around 15,40000 approx these days. Which means the offers can potentially bring it below the 15L mark. Anyway.

I would be interested to know what your other shortlisted options are like, since you too seem to be moving away from Verna broadly for the same reasons as I do.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 5th October 2018 at 08:50.
Old 5th October 2018, 11:21   #377
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
My experience after driving the Verna diesel for about 50kms-

The model was the 1.6E version. The car had run 35K kms and was a Zoomcar.

I am having a Petrol version, but anyway I understood your issue after reading your second line .

Before purchasing my car, I was having this thought that to use Zoomcar for certain time to feel and understand long term usability of a car. But after renting out a Figo with 20K on ODO and after driving it for 10 KM only, I was dying to get out of that car. The clutch was non-existent in that car.

Recently Zoomcar has taken the prize for having the most non-maintained cars in rent car area. Jokes aside, Zoomcar cars are highly abused and never serviced at schedule or at ASS. So, your comment towards high engine noise could be result of lac of maintenance. As per Hyundai schedule, 35K means the car should have gone through 4 services and at least 3 engine oil change schedules, which I highly doubt in this case.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 14:28   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
I would be interested to know what your other shortlisted options are like...
I have lost sleep reading reviews of various cars here to finalize a car in this (not so crowded) segment (Diesel).
My other option on mind was the Rapid D AT. But if I read the DSG failure threads here and the cost to repair along with the casual approach from VAG pulls me back from the Skoda/VW.

I am still in confusion as what to select other than the Verna, which will be a safe bet barring the negatives I pointed out

Last edited by deemash : 5th October 2018 at 14:32.
Old 5th October 2018, 19:15   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I am having some troubling experiences with both Android Auto and default player.

Android Auto (AA) issues:

Scenario 1:

Problem: Plug in the phone, start AA and make a call. Call audio is through phone speaker. Frequency of the issue is around 50%.

Work Around: Disconnect the call and the reconnect the phone and eventually restart AA.

Scenario 2:
Problem: Music playing through Amazon Music over AA. Received / made a call. After the call ends, music starts over phone speaker. Frequency of the issue is more than 90%.
Work Around: Reconnect the phone and restart AA.

Scenario 3:
Problem: Unable to search music / station on Amazon music, can only access though saved list / recent stations only. I believe, it is Amazon app issue rather than AA issue.
No solution or WA yet.

Out of curiosity, the Android Auto on Verna is a pure Android version or has some skin on it? How to check the Android version currently being installed?

Issue 4: Is there any shortcut to screen-off without going to settings?
Some of these issues could be specific to your phone as well. For example, Bluetooth calls stopped working in AA after my phone was updated to Oreo. AA was very slow when the phone was running Android 8.1 (Oreo), but when I upgraded my phone to Android 9 (Pie), AA's response on the HU is very fast.

I am a user of Google Play music, but tested Amazon Music on AA today. Worked well. If you want to play some track using voice command, say specifically "Play Sing Me to Sleep by Alan Walker on Amazon Music". For Google play music, you don't have to mention that it should be played in Google Play Music.

Regarding the AA version - I am not sure whether the AA implementation on an HU is itself is based on a regular Android distribution. It is more like a Smartphone mapping app running on the head unit's platform to marry car's physical controls with the apps running in the phone through the Android Auto app installed in the phone. I guess OEMs who supply head units to car manufacturers have to work with Google to have an AA implementation built into their HU and get it certified. In simple words, the AA implementation on the HU cannot apply any sort of 'skin' when HU is in AA mode. The phone and AA app on the phone totally controls it.

What's with the screen off? My phone turns off its screen after timeout which is set in display settings, even when using AA.

Last edited by clevermax : 5th October 2018 at 19:20.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 15:21   #380
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Some of these issues could be specific to your phone as well. For example, Bluetooth calls stopped working in AA after my phone was updated to Oreo. AA was very slow when the phone was running Android 8.1 (Oreo), but when I upgraded my phone to Android 9 (Pie), AA's response on the HU is very fast.

What's with the screen off? My phone turns off its screen after timeout which is set in display settings, even when using AA.
Thank you. So its my LG skin that's killing me .

What I mean is while not using AA, if I want to off the display of the system, I have to go to settings-display off. Is there any other way?
Old 6th October 2018, 18:24   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Thank you. So its my LG skin that's killing me .

What I mean is while not using AA, if I want to off the display of the system, I have to go to settings-display off. Is there any other way?
If you long press the Volume knob in the car, the HU display will go to time-display mode and it will be a dark screen with just time on it.

By the way, I've managed to fully mirror my phone to the car's HU via Android Auto!
I can now run any app on the HU, that's installed on the phone.. this is cool. For doing this, your phone has to be rooted.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-310b501fd82d4827b4f3ee7895de9357.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-e8084634432f40d1a08d83cbc6fadc62.jpg
clevermax is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 10:01   #382
BHPian

Quote:
If you long press the Volume knob in the car, the HU display will go to time-display mode and it will be a dark screen with just time on it.

By the way, I've managed to fully mirror my phone to the car's HU via Android Auto!
I can now run any app on the HU, that's installed on the phone.. this is cool. For doing this, your phone has to be rooted.

Attachment 1805651

Attachment 1805652
Awesome. Which phone? What are some of the steps you followed after rooting?
realcoolhand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 10:56   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcoolhand View Post
Awesome. Which phone? What are some of the steps you followed after rooting?
I'm using a Redmi Note3, with Carbon ROM (Oreo based).

To mirror the phone in AA, follow these steps:

1) Root the phone (technique involves unlocking the boot loader, then flashing a root management module like magisk)
2) Install AA_mirror and AA_unlock from here.
3) Run AA_unlock, press unlock. It will ask for root access, grant it. After sometime, it will pop up a toast saying 'success, reboot the phone' - reboot the phone when you see it.
4) Run AA_mirror app, setup mirror display properties - Rotation 270, enable 'Restore rotation on focus lost', Set immersive mode to full, and check 'Adjust ratio on focus' and 'Restore ratio on focus lost'. Set screen rotation to 'Force' as well.
5) Enable developer options in AA, and set the properties
- Allow 720p video output
- Allow 1080p video output
- Unknown sources

6) Connect the phone to car's HU, run AA and tap on the right most button on the bottom, which would normally have only one option "Return to Hyundai". You should see a new option in there, called mirroring. Tap on it, your phone's display will get mirrored. When you do it for the first time, make sure that the phone is unlocked. This is because AA_mirror will ask whether to start mirroring and you have to enable it. You need to also allow it to draw over other apps.

Disclaimer: Use the mirroring feature at your own risk, as it may distract drivers more than the regular AA screens.

Last edited by clevermax : 7th October 2018 at 11:06.
clevermax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 10:54   #384
BHPian

Hello fellow Verna owners,
Can we change the gear knob of sx variant to that of sx(o) ? I am attaching the pictures below for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20181008_104626.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20181008_104613.jpg  

Old 9th October 2018, 15:14   #385
BHPian

Hi,

Anyone got their insurance renewed for the 2nd year? I have an Insurance from ICICI Lombard thats from Hyundai Assurance Program.

They have given me a quote for 45K
5% IDV depreciation, Addons: Zero Depreciation (Unlimited), Engine Protect and Return to Invoice

I have also got an quote from TATA AIG which is way to high(54K) but with some additional Addons. Significant among them are Key Replacement and Consumables. But only 2 Zero Dep in a year.

1) Has anyone got a better deal on insurance?

2) Does it makes any difference to go with Hyundai Assurance Program (HAP) insurance provider? I don't see a difference, right from the claim registration / approval everything is same between HAP and non HAP just that their advertisement says worry free

3) Also, can someone tell me, what all addons that we need to mandatorily looks for? for instance is Key Replacement is necessary?

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th October 2018, 15:47   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post

2) Does it makes any difference to go with Hyundai Assurance Program (HAP) insurance provider? I don't see a difference, right from the claim registration / approval everything is same between HAP and non HAP just that their advertisement says worry free

3) Also, can someone tell me, what all addons that we need to mandatorily looks for? for instance is Key Replacement is necessary?
I am 100% sure that you will get a better deal if you negotiate with one of the insurance brokers or insurance aggregators such as Coverfox or policy bazaar.

Don’t worry about finding an insurance broker. Just tell your dealer that you have renewed your vehicle's insurance and after a couple of days you can expect calls flowing in from insurance brokers day-in and day-out.

There is no need to go for Hyundai assurance program. Insurers like Reliance, HDFC have tie up with most Hyundai showroom at least in Chennai. So you would be better off with any of these insurers who offer cash claims. Check for the tie ups they have in your locality.

Regarding the add-on covers - Zero depreciation cover and emergency assistance is highly recommended and I suggest that you opt for this. I prefer consumable cover as well.

I used to prefer PSU for insurance needs but now I have shifted to private players despite them (private) being a bit more expensive.
katchkamalesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 08:54   #387
BHPian

Quote:
I'm using a Redmi Note3, with Carbon ROM (Oreo based).

To mirror the phone in AA, follow these steps:

1) Root the phone (technique involves unlocking the boot loader, then flashing a root management module like magisk)
2) Install AA_mirror and AA_unlock from here.
3) Run AA_unlock, press unlock. It will ask for root access, grant it. After sometime, it will pop up a toast saying 'success, reboot the phone' - reboot the phone when you see it.
4) Run AA_mirror app, setup mirror display properties - Rotation 270, enable 'Restore rotation on focus lost', Set immersive mode to full, and check 'Adjust ratio on focus' and 'Restore ratio on focus lost'. Set screen rotation to 'Force' as well.
5) Enable developer options in AA, and set the properties
- Allow 720p video output
- Allow 1080p video output
- Unknown sources

6) Connect the phone to car's HU, run AA and tap on the right most button on the bottom, which would normally have only one option "Return to Hyundai". You should see a new option in there, called mirroring. Tap on it, your phone's display will get mirrored. When you do it for the first time, make sure that the phone is unlocked. This is because AA_mirror will ask whether to start mirroring and you have to enable it. You need to also allow it to draw over other apps.

Disclaimer: Use the mirroring feature at your own risk, as it may distract drivers more than the regular AA screens.
This is great. Thanks once again. I agree mirroring could be distracting for driver and should be used carefully. That is the reason why Google is very restrictive about AA apps, even longer scrolls are not allowed. I'll root my OnePlus 5 just to give this a try anyway I sorely miss scrolling lyrics on AA.
Old 11th October 2018, 11:38   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Hi,

Anyone got their insurance renewed for the 2nd year? I have an Insurance from ICICI Lombard thats from Hyundai Assurance Program.

They have given me a quote for 45K

Yes, just renewed second year B2B insurance for 23.7K. New India. I have 50% NCB on the car.

Hyundai (or any dealer) runs a scam on insurance. They pester you to take insurance from them, and they take a cut. For the first time insurance when buying the car, I had to go with their insurance, which turned out to be New India itself. Their quote was 33K whereas another agent gave me a quote of 27.5K for the same insurance. So I lost about 5.5K or so.

For the second year as well, they gave me a quote of 29K which I ignored.

Any future purchase of a car, first thing I am going to tell the dealer is that I will go with my own insurance processing, with my own choice of insurance provider who has a cashless facility with the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcoolhand View Post
This is great. Thanks once again. I agree mirroring could be distracting for driver and should be used carefully. That is the reason why Google is very restrictive about AA apps, even longer scrolls are not allowed. I'll root my OnePlus 5 just to give this a try anyway I sorely miss scrolling lyrics on AA.
Google Play music app, when mirrored, allows you to scroll till eternity

The downside is that, Google often resets some kind of database in play services which disables mirroring. You will have to run AA Unlock again to get it to work.

Last edited by clevermax : 11th October 2018 at 11:44.
Old 11th October 2018, 12:10   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish619 View Post
Hello fellow Verna owners,
Can we change the gear knob of sx variant to that of sx(o) ? I am attaching the pictures below for reference.
Yes you can, I had changed it at the time of delivery itself although mine's the old fluidic model. It should be doable. HASS will do it for you.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 13:24   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, just renewed second year B2B insurance for 23.7K. New India. I have 50% NCB on the car.
What's the IDV for your car on your new insurance policy? I got Zero-dep insurance renewed for my EX AT Diesel with an IDV of 10L for ~ 27k. Tata AIG.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks