Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2018, 22:30   #391
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,633
Thanked: 473 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
What's the IDV for your car on your new insurance policy? I got Zero-dep insurance renewed for my EX AT Diesel with an IDV of 10L for ~ 27k. Tata AIG.
10% depreciation on the initial IDV, which reduced the IDV to 11 lakhs.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2018, 20:11   #392
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
10% depreciation on the initial IDV, which reduced the IDV to 11 lakhs.
As per rules its 10% for the 1st year but I have got a quote with only 5% depreciation to IDV. I have a Diesel SX(O) with ex showroom around 12L and I got a 2nd year IDV for 11.40L.

The quote is 45,555 with IDV 11.40L and Zero Dep (unlimited), RTI and Engine Protect.
hardilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2018, 22:36   #393
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 8
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Had placed an order for Verna EX Petrol Automatic and am informed after 15 days of placing the order that the variant's production is now discontinued.

Strange decision by Hyundai
nikhilpai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2018, 10:47   #394
Newbie
 
AjayJohri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 23
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Anyone got their insurance renewed for the 2nd year? I have an Insurance from ICICI Lombard thats from Hyundai Assurance Program.

They have given me a quote for 45K
Hi Hardilip!

The quote seems to be on the higher side. I have just renewed my insurance for the second year at about Rs 29830. One reason could be that I enjoy 50% NCB as I had transferred my earlier car's insurance to this one during the purchase.

Encapsulating my experience as follows:

1. Spoken to several unsolicited callers, visited coverfox.com and also spoke to existing service provider Tata AIG.

2. After looking at various players, found that Tata AIG was was most efficient. Some like Kotal offer lower premiums, but at a lower IDV which is not what I wanted to do.

3. Spoke to Tata AIG over the CC helpline, and they knocked off about Rs 1000 to close the deal. Incidentally, my broker was not interested to negotiate and had told me no discount was possible - so take things in your own hands

4. I was advise by a coverfox agent that since I am taking Return to Invoice, I should go for low IDV to reduce the premium amount. This is a downright stupid advice as RTI is available only for the first 3 years. So lowering the IDV now means that you will be stuck with a sub-optimal IDV of your beloved car.

5. I have renewed my package for Zero-Dep, RTI, Engine secure, Tyre secure and consumables.
Loss of personal belongings is vestigial actually, as it comes with T&C which will never be met, and for coverage that is pittance. But you cannot take it out as it is a part of the umbrella package. I however got Rs 100 knocked off for RSA as Hyundai provides it FOC for 3 years.

6. Key Replacement is desirable, but using this service tantamounts to one insurance claim. So you are left with just another insurance claim for the rest of the year.

7. Tata apparently offers only 2 claims per year, and offers cashless only in Delhi NCR - pls revalidate this.
However I thought I would ideally not want to ever use my insurance, so I am happy with the 2-claim policy. Who wants unlimited claims!

I am attaching my policy for your reference. Hope this helps you negotiate a good deal.

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ver.pdf (664.8 KB, 98 views)
AjayJohri is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2018, 13:33   #395
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayJohri View Post
Hi Hardilip!

The quote seems to be on the higher side. I have just renewed my insurance for the second year at about Rs 29830. One reason could be that I enjoy 50% NCB as I had transferred my earlier car's insurance to this one during the purchase.

Encapsulating my experience as follows:

1. Spoken to several unsolicited callers, visited coverfox.com and also spoke to existing service provider Tata AIG.

2. After looking at various players, found that Tata AIG was was most efficient. Some like Kotal offer lower premiums, but at a lower IDV which is not what I wanted to do.

3. Spoke to Tata AIG over the CC helpline, and they knocked off about Rs 1000 to close the deal. Incidentally, my broker was not interested to negotiate and had told me no discount was possible - so take things in your own hands

4. I was advise by a coverfox agent that since I am taking Return to Invoice, I should go for low IDV to reduce the premium amount. This is a downright stupid advice as RTI is available only for the first 3 years. So lowering the IDV now means that you will be stuck with a sub-optimal IDV of your beloved car.

5. I have renewed my package for Zero-Dep, RTI, Engine secure, Tyre secure and consumables.
Loss of personal belongings is vestigial actually, as it comes with T&C which will never be met, and for coverage that is pittance. But you cannot take it out as it is a part of the umbrella package. I however got Rs 100 knocked off for RSA as Hyundai provides it FOC for 3 years.

6. Key Replacement is desirable, but using this service tantamounts to one insurance claim. So you are left with just another insurance claim for the rest of the year.

7. Tata apparently offers only 2 claims per year, and offers cashless only in Delhi NCR - pls revalidate this.
However I thought I would ideally not want to ever use my insurance, so I am happy with the 2-claim policy. Who wants unlimited claims!

I am attaching my policy for your reference. Hope this helps you negotiate a good deal.

Cheers!
Hi Ajay,

Thanks for the information. After looking at your policy, I understand my quote is way to high. When I compare your quote with mine, the differences are, IDV is roughly 90K more and I dont have NCB rest all including the addons are the same. Ideally both of this should add upto 6 - 7K over your premium rather mine was bloated to 16K. I think fairly 36K should be acceptable quote (NCB: 5K + 1K more for increased IDV).

Thanks once again for the information, I should start the negotiation. I still have time till December end and I don't think I should rush on this.
hardilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2018, 21:30   #396
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 8
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilpai View Post
Had placed an order for Verna EX Petrol Automatic and am informed after 15 days of placing the order that the variant's production is now discontinued.

Strange decision by Hyundai
Hearing news that a new version F will be launched soon to replace the discontinued EX. Anyone can confirm?
nikhilpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 15:23   #397
SRM
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bombay
Posts: 49
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

One question for the owners. The OBD scan tool for Autolink, does it come with the car or you neeed to buy seperately?
SRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 19:47   #398
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post
One question for the owners. The OBD scan tool for Autolink, does it come with the car or you neeed to buy seperately?
It comes by default with SX(O) variant. Ideally it should be sold as an accessory for rest of all variant.

Last edited by hardilip : 25th October 2018 at 19:47. Reason: Spelling mistake
hardilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 21:07   #399
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,927
Thanked: 1,305 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Can any of you guys confirm that the driver side arm rest console does not glow at night. The only thing that is illuminated is the windows up/down lockout button. Nothing else is visible. I am left fumbling in the dark If I want to close the side mirrors while entering my crowded narrow street at whose end I live. Is this a defect or another one of Hyundai's stupidity? Another annoying feature is lock unlock sound of the alarm system which cannot be muted.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 22:51   #400
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Thanjavur
Posts: 22
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Can any of you guys confirm that the driver side arm rest console does not glow at night. The only thing that is illuminated is the windows up/down lockout button. Nothing else is visible. I am left fumbling in the dark If I want to close the side mirrors while entering my crowded narrow street at whose end I live. Is this a defect or another one of Hyundai's stupidity? Another annoying feature is lock unlock sound of the alarm system which cannot be muted.
Its cost cutting only the drivers window button is illuminated nothing else. Is your window lock switch also illuminated ?

The mirror switch is the topmost one so not much of a problem in the dark but yes these are the places where I donít expect cost cutting after paying 16 big ones. The older gen i20ís had the entire panel backlit + all backlit switches on all doors.

Same with the annoying beep. It would not have cost them anything to give an option for it in the MID of at least the SX(o). If they didnít give that then at least they could have made it sound a little more pleasant.
Anirudh_sai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2018, 20:12   #401
BHPian
 
yogiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 106
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Yes yogiii , I got them changed.
No need to change couplers, just replace the stock ones with Creta horns.
Cost was around Rs2800 with labour, since they had to remove the bumper for installation.
So I got second service done for my Verna, got the horn changed too! He did not offer me oil options and straight away told about Synthetic oil. I insisted on normal oil.
Total damage INR7,101

Bill attached
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_3114.jpg
yogiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 11:25   #402
BHPian
 
ishlinea7260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ambala
Posts: 357
Thanked: 286 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Thanks, the engine sound (clatter) in mine is surely higher than the new Verna I drove. Even one of my friends was saying that mine has higher clatter noise. I am going to get this checked after comparing mine with jkdas's Verna, as we both took delivery of the exact same model 1 week apart.
Clevermax did you get your car checked?


Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLoverJosh View Post
the issue is that I can feel vibrations on my steering wheel when the car is idling. They are pretty noticeable but as soon as the car starts moving they disappear. My Verna is a SX(o) diesel covered approx 7300 Kms. This issue has been there from the start and I didn't find it abnormal until I took one of my close friends Verna for a long drive and until a4anurag pointed it out. Is anyone else facing the same problem? The Hyundai service centre said when I give the car in for its 10000 Kms service they'll replace all the mounts and then see cause apparently that's the only logical explanation to these vibes.
I drive a May 2018 1.6 D SX(O) .
Of late I have noticed the same, there are vibrations on the steering which are perceptible to touch , visually there is no judder that can be seen.
Also I have been practising idling rule in turbocharged cars , I do wait for 30 seconds before shutting the engine off but still the second between me pressing the start/stop button and the car actually turning off there are some vibrations that filter through.

The more posts I read regarding these issues the more sure I am that my car has those !

I am supposed to go away for a month, will get the car checked in December.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 15:30   #403
BHPian
 
CarLoverJosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 67
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post

I drive a May 2018 1.6 D SX(O) .
Of late I have noticed the same, there are vibrations on the steering which are perceptible to touch , visually there is no judder that can be seen.
Also I have been practising idling rule in turbocharged cars , I do wait for 30 seconds before shutting the engine off but still the second between me pressing the start/stop button and the car actually turning off there are some vibrations that filter through.

The more posts I read regarding these issues the more sure I am that my car has those !

I am supposed to go away for a month, will get the car checked in December.
I do so as well, the steering wheel has perceptible vibrations, also, I feel a very rough shudder every time the car shuts down, havenít noticed this in many other cars though some do have this issue, overall the car thatís supposed to have brilliant NVH, loses out on all those points just cause of the steering wheel vibes and how the car shuts off.
CarLoverJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 17:02   #404
BHPian
 
ishlinea7260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ambala
Posts: 357
Thanked: 286 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLoverJosh View Post
I do so as well, the steering wheel has perceptible vibrations, also, I feel a very rough shudder every time the car shuts down.
Exactly, the car shudders every time one switches it off . My Fortuner doesn’t shudder as much as the Verna does.
I read in your post that Hyundai plans to change engine? mounts and does a synthetic oil change for the same if a customer complains of the issue.
Is something else at play here?
Is Hyundai aware of this issue but still wants to keep shut so that they can pass the buck to customer?

Last edited by ishlinea7260 : 28th October 2018 at 17:04.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 17:18   #405
AYP
BHPian
 
AYP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 458
Thanked: 775 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
My experience after driving the Verna diesel for about 50kms-

3. Vibrations and engine noise-

Yes, you read that right. Hyundais are known for their refinement and the 1.6 has been praised enough in this forum for a long time. However, at idle I could instantly notice the high engine noise and the vibration throughout the car including the door handles and the steering wheel. I was actually surprised by this as I was expecting it to be super refined. I remember having test driven the previous gen Elantra with this same engine and the Creta as well. While the Creta felt alright, the Elantra was definitely a very quiet car. The sales person kept repeating about the Elantra's triple insulation or something like that. I had recently driven a friend's Creta 1.4 Crdi and found it much more refined that the Verna 1.6D. As the RPMs build up, the situation gets much better but it was still not as impressive as I thought it would be and the NVH was still higher than my Figo by about 30%.

Is this how refined the Verna diesel actually is? Or was this particular car, a perfect specimen of an abused usage of a rental vehicle? I have seen a couple of posts recently where the owners are not too happy with the NVH level of their Verna diesel.

Quoting my post from a few pages before. It looks like there has been a barrage of posts on similar lines. I was willing to give Hyundai the benefit of doubt as it was a Zoomcar, but it looks like Hyundai is more to blame than Zoomcar. The Verna's NVH was indeed unexpected and unpleasant.
AYP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review: The 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift (2nd-gen) S2!!! Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 383 19th October 2018 22:38
Hyundai Verna VGT: 50000 kms in 5 years. Pleasant experience at Trident Hyundai SantoshPV Long-Term Ownership Reviews 1 25th June 2013 14:50
Hyundai Verna Stolen with the Original Key Stolen from Hyundai Service Station .anshuman Indian Car Dealerships 56 3rd October 2007 23:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:55.

Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks