Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2018, 18:12   #406
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Can we add a poll where all the new gen Verna owners can cast a vote , since quite a few of us have similar issues?
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 14:24   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Clevermax did you get your car checked?
No, not yet. I will be taking it to the service center sometime next month, to replace one of the faulty rear seat belts and to get the diesel clatter checked. The clatter seems to be on the higher side for all 1.6 CRDi AT models than their MT counterparts.

Quote:
Can we add a poll where all the new gen Verna owners can cast a vote , since quite a few of us have similar issues?
If you're referring to the NVH issue, especially diesel engine noise (clatter), yes it would be useful to have a poll. However, some accompanying data need to be collected like whether the car is AT or MT, month & year of purchase, mileage on the odo etc.

Last edited by clevermax : 29th October 2018 at 14:28.
Old 31st October 2018, 11:18   #408
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20181031_084131.jpg
My mid displays the attached FE. Do we have to reset the trip meter to get the real time FE or this is the real time mileage?

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 31st October 2018 at 11:19.
Old 31st October 2018, 20:30   #409
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of Hyundai Verna EX 1.6 CDRI AT yesterday.

One question, the manual given with car doesn't give much information about vehicle. My other cars X1 and Vento had very detailed car manual whereas Verna contains way too less information.

No information on running in of car, cooled glove box, music system etc.

Is there online manual available which one could download to supplement one came with car?
Old 31st October 2018, 21:32   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

One question, the manual given with car doesn't give much information about vehicle. My other cars X1 and Vento had very detailed car manual whereas Verna contains way too less information.

Is there online manual available which one could download to supplement one came with car?
Yes, you would have got a CD along with your manual. The CD has the soft copy of the entire manual book in PDF format.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 21:40   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Kindly check post #10 of this thread to download the manual.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 23:32   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Kindly check post #10 of this thread to download the manual.
Thanks. A 405 pages long manual definitely feels good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Yes, you would have got a CD along with your manual. The CD has the soft copy of the entire manual book in PDF format.
Thanks.

Hyundai losses a browny point. Laptops these days don't have CD drive, practically useless.
A printed manual book is easier to read and refer in an emergency for anyone using the car.
Old 1st November 2018, 10:04   #413
BHPian

Since my Verna came back from second service, I'm facing a strange issue with ACC. If I set the temp at 23 or above I only get warm/outside air, it doesn't cool!
Setting temp lower gives cooled air. What could be the issue? Has anyone else faced this?
Will have to wait till weekend to get it checked at the service center.
Old 1st November 2018, 10:17   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly, the car shudders every time one switches it off . My Fortuner doesn’t shudder as much as the Verna does.
I read in your post that Hyundai plans to change engine? mounts and does a synthetic oil change for the same if a customer complains of the issue.
Is something else at play here?
Is Hyundai aware of this issue but still wants to keep shut so that they can pass the buck to customer?
My car's engine oil was converted to synthetic during the first service itself, but the vibrations have been there ever since the delivery. The Service Centre guys promised a solution during the second service of the car saying that they'll be keeping the car overnight and will change the engine mounts to see whether it makes a difference, otherwise they might also consider changing the steering rack. All in all, it's not the trouble free ownership experience which I had expected from Hyundai as my car has had small niggles since the first month. As for the shuddering comparison? Heck my 6 year old Rapid TDI, has a silky smooth shut down and start up experience in comparison to Verna. I have driven my friend's Cretas over several kilometres, and I definitely disagree with the point that's mentioned in the official review which states that the refinement levels are about the same, no they aren't. Verna feels a notch lower and these steering vibrations make it feel like an overall inferior car in terms of refinement.
I feel like there should be a Hyundai Verna Niggles and solutions thread
CarLoverJosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 01:59   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1813392
My mid displays the attached FE. Do we have to reset the trip meter to get the real time FE or this is the real time mileage?
The number is not real-time. There is a bar that fluctuates just above the FE Scale (which shows from 0 to 30) which actually gives you the real-time FE
pathik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 11:44   #416
BANNED

Quote:
Attachment 1813392
The one displayed '17.9 kmpl' is the average fuel efficiency. The scale just below the 17.9 kmpl with 0-15-30 markings is the one which shows real time fuel efficiency. As your car is standing still as per the pic shared, the real time fuel efficiency is displayed as zero. Try moving the car, and analyze the scale, you should be seeing the real time efficiency horizontal bar getting plotted.

Last edited by pavi : 2nd November 2018 at 11:45.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 20:22   #417
BHPian

Quote:
A printed manual book is easier to read and refer in an emergency for anyone using the car.
You should surely tweet to Hyundai India about this! This is blasphemy. How can Hyundai expect that at the desired time, someone would have a laptop and that too with the CD and CD Drive.

Here is the LINK. Surely the tweet might help realize that 400 pages of printed material is better than risking it with a CD.
avdhesh15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 07:32   #418
BHPian

How is the fuel efficiency of verna petrol manual? Is it really bad when it comes to city driving?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd November 2018 at 08:05. Reason: Typo.
Old 3rd November 2018, 12:53   #419
BHPian

This is a video I recorded while shutting the engine off.
I recorded it on my smartphone with my right hand and arm resting on the driver side doorpad.
Though it’s a crude video , still towards the end of the clip you can see that shudder everyone’s talking about.
Also the clip was recorded in the garage so noise may be a wee bit more amplified.
Old 3rd November 2018, 21:10   #420
BHPian

Wow! That is a lot of shuddering. I guess there are no such issues in the petrol models. Haven't noticed any on mine 1.6 AT SX(O).

Also off topic, does anyone know the NCAP ratings of the new Verna. I cant find them anywhere.

Last edited by bblost : 3rd November 2018 at 21:32. Reason: Please check spellings before you post. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks