Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2018, 22:20   #421
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Though it’s a crude video, still towards the end of the clip you can see that shudder everyone’s talking about.
I own an October 2017, Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) that has done 44,000 kms so far and this shudder that is observed in the recording I too face at every engine shutdown, some shudder is felt at startup also but other than these two times (read startup and shutdown), the car is vibration/shudder free. Be it at idling RPM or 4000 RPM, the NVH levels are excellent.

Are you facing any shudder at idle?
Old 3rd November 2018, 22:47   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I own an October 2017, Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) that has done 44,000 kms so far and this shudder that is observed in the recording I too face at every engine shutdown, some shudder is felt at startup also but other than these two times (read startup and shutdown), the car is vibration/shudder free. Be it at idling RPM or 4000 RPM, the NVH levels are excellent.
Mostly during startup and shutdown.
At idle there is ever so slight vibration that I can feel on the steering wheel, not ignorable by any means but still not as much as during shutting the engine off.

Last edited by ampere : 7th November 2018 at 18:21.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 16:35   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Though it’s a crude video , still towards the end of the clip you can see that shudder everyone’s talking about.
Also the clip was recorded in the garage so noise may be a wee bit more amplified.
This is exactly how my car shuts down. This is the shudder that I was talking about. It feels as if I'm in a truck of sorts When my Rapid's airbag coil spring was malfunctioning, it used to shut down with a similar sort of rough and crude shudder, and once it was replaced, the shut down process was super smooth again. I don't know how to deal with this.

Last edited by ampere : 7th November 2018 at 18:22. Reason: removing video link in quote; compacted quoted post
Old 4th November 2018, 17:55   #424
BHPian

Can anyone confirm if the rumour regarding the launch of the Hyundai Verna in the 1.6 CRDI SX (O) AT guise is true or not?
Old 4th November 2018, 17:58   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
Can anyone confirm if the rumour regarding the launch of the Hyundai Verna in the 1.6 CRDI SX (O) AT guise is true or not?
This is indeed true - have confirmed with GM (sales) of one of the largest dealerships in NCR. The dates/pricing isn't out as yet
Old 4th November 2018, 19:47   #426
Senior - BHPian

In my Verna as per me the diesel clatter is more evident with the ac on while when it's off is's quite silent. Can anyone confirm same? Mine is SX MT version 1.6 D.
Old 5th November 2018, 08:54   #427
BHPian

I observed the clatter in the test drive vehicle. But I was told since it is a test drive vehicle, different customers drive in different ways and hence the clatter.
Old 5th November 2018, 09:09   #428
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
In my Verna as per me the diesel clatter is more evident with the ac on while when it's off is's quite silent. Can anyone confirm same? Mine is SX MT version 1.6 D.
Did you observe it to find whether the increased diesel clatter is present only when the compressor is working or same at all times when the AC is on?
Old 6th November 2018, 01:56   #429

Everyone, need a little help. I'm planning on buying the SX+ AT(CRDi) variant, probably will book it in the next 2-3 months. The basic idea behind buying the Diesel variant is that more power is available (and in general, from what I've read in this thread, it's the more exciting engine to drive). Other than this, I'm going to drive in in the city mostly, hence AT. My daily run is about 20-25 kms and I keep making monthly trips to nearby places outside the city. Couple of questions -

1. Should I wait for the SXO variant to get launched (CRDI SXO AT), is it worth it?
2. I'm planning to keep it for the next 5-6 years. Assuming I buy the Diesel, any thoughts on what the scenario could be in terms of resale or whether it makes sense to buy a diesel? (given decreasing relevance of Diesel cars in time to come (read potential ban) + Emission norms update in 2019 and 2020)

Thanks in advance
Old 7th November 2018, 09:27   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjake47 View Post
Everyone, need a little help. I'm planning on buying the SX+ AT(CRDi) ...

Thanks in advance
I have the SX MT 1.6D version. For the money I paid I feel the instrument cluster is ordinary and the car has no modern features like keyless entry. Can't believe I am struggling with keys like in the old days(might not be that bad) while cars much lower in the segment and less expensive have keyless entry and stop start button. If fancies like heated seats, sunroof etc matter to you then wait for the SX(O) AT. Else if engine & gearbox is all you care about (like me) then the current version would do. You will also save a lakh or two over the price. As far the ban is concerned if it happens it will only be mostly for Metros. One can always sell the car in neighboring towns and smaller cities. I sold my 17 year M800 in 2014 car to a gentleman who took the car to Lucknow.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 17:58   #431

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I have the SX MT 1.6D version. For the money I paid I feel the instrument cluster is ordinary and the car has no modern features like keyless entry. Can't believe I am struggling with keys like in the old days(might not be that bad) while cars much lower in the segment and less expensive have keyless entry and stop start button. If fancies like heated seats, sunroof etc matter to you then wait for the SX(O) AT. Else if engine & gearbox is all you care about (like me) then the current version would do. You will also save a lakh or two over the price. As far the ban is concerned if it happens it will only be mostly for Metros. One can always sell the car in neighboring towns and smaller cities. I sold my 17 year M800 in 2014 car to a gentleman who took the car to Lucknow.
I talked to the dealer (I'm in Bangalore) and the sales guy told me that the pricing hasn't come yet but the version is coming soon (in about 1.5 to 2 months probably). The pricing is likely to be about a lac more than SXO Diesel MT which would mean it'll be around 17.5 L (On road). The difference in both version would be cooled seats, smart trunk and keyless entry. I don't care much about the seat and trunk but keyless entry as you rightly said, is available even in much cheaper cars which is the only thing that I was hoping to get after spending 16 odd lacs. 1 Lac for majorly these 3 doesn't make sense, at least to me. I think I can twist a key for couple of more years. SX+ AT it is, then.
jjake47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 20:31   #432
BHPian

Quote:
I don't care much about the seat and trunk but keyless entry as you rightly said, is available even in much cheaper cars which is the only thing that I was hoping to get after spending 16 odd lacs. 1 Lac for majorly these 3 doesn't make sense, at least to me. I think I can twist a key for couple of more years. SX+ AT it is, then.
My friend, there's one major thing that you're missing, 6 Airbags, I for one definitely feel there is nothing more important than safety, please, those 4 airbags and your life is more important than the 1 Lakh rupees. I hope you don't feel offended by my reply in any way but please understand the importance of airbags. Take care and regards.
CarLoverJosh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 20:51   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I talked to the dealer (I'm in Bangalore) and the sales guy told me that the pricing hasn't come yet but the version is coming soon (in about 1.5 to 2 months probably). The pricing is likely to be about a lac more than SXO Diesel MT which would mean it'll be around 17.5 L (On road). The difference in both version would be cooled seats, smart trunk and keyless entry. I don't care much about the seat and trunk but keyless entry as you rightly said, is available even in much cheaper cars which is the only thing that I was hoping to get after spending 16 odd lacs. 1 Lac for majorly these 3 doesn't make sense, at least to me. I think I can twist a key for couple of more years. SX+ AT it is, then.
Diesel SXO MT has all the bells and whistles. The new AT would have those and in addition may be the wireless charging option. Its gonna be a fully loaded option unlike the SX+ AT option.
Old 9th November 2018, 23:31   #434
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by we_pull View Post
The dates/pricing isn't out as yet
The website has been updated with the pricing for the new variants. Updated here
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 01:46   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The website has been updated with the pricing for the new variants. Updated here
EDIT : Apologies for an incorrect update earlier. The prices are indeed updated for both the new petrol & diesel variants. Following are the ex-showroom prices for Bangalore
1.6L Gamma Dual VTVT 6-Speed Automatic SX+ AT 1,151,994
1.6L U2 CRDi 6-Speed Automatic DSL SX(O) AT 1,399,990

Last edited by SR-71 : 10th November 2018 at 01:50.
SR-71 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks