Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2018, 22:21   #466
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Do the existing owners of the new Verna feel the need for an upgrade of stock headlights?

If yes, what are the options that do not void warranty?
Old 17th December 2018, 13:08   #467
BHPian

To the existing owners, I have almost zeroed in on Verna (P) SX trim (the new one with KESS and smart key), manual variant. First choice of color is red, but the dealership I am currently negotiating with do not have that color in stock. I am planning for the black color now.

I also visited VW showroom yesterday and they have some serious offers/discounts running on it (almost 1.5 lakhs plus exchange value of car) making on-road price lesser than Verna. But I am not sure of reliability and maintenance cost.

I am sure Rapid would be having even better offer. What should I do? Rear seat space, though less, is not a big deal breaker as I'm the tallest in family with 5.7 height, plus usually keep the driver seat at slightly more than the half way down position.
Any heads up? Usual issues with the car? Maintenance cost? Is the fuel efficiency THAT bad? (I'm not a sucker for FE, but it always help to get a good one ~12KMPL).
Old 17th December 2018, 17:38   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
To the existing owners, I have almost zeroed in on Verna (P) SX trim (the new one with KESS and smart key), manual variant. First choice of color is red, but the dealership I am currently negotiating with do not have that color in stock. I am planning for the black color now.

I also visited VW showroom yesterday and they have some serious offers/discounts running on it (almost 1.5 lakhs plus exchange value of car) making on-road price lesser than Verna. But I am not sure of reliability and maintenance cost.

I am sure Rapid would be having even better offer. What should I do? Rear seat space, though less, is not a big deal breaker as I'm the tallest in family with 5.7 height, plus usually keep the driver seat at slightly more than the half way down position.
Any heads up? Usual issues with the car? Maintenance cost? Is the fuel efficiency THAT bad? (I'm not a sucker for FE, but it always help to get a good one ~12KMPL).

Black looks very good in person. Mine is almost a year old and has 10K on the odo no issues till now. Mileage is around 10-11kpl but mine is automatic (petrol) manual should be more than 12kpl. Second service which was just done cost around 2k.
I would suggest to stretch a but and go for the SX(O) if possible the ventilated seats are really nice to have.
Old 18th December 2018, 10:08   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirudh_sai View Post
Black looks very good in person. Mine is almost a year old and has 10K on the odo no issues till now. Mileage is around 10-11kpl but mine is automatic (petrol) manual should be more than 12kpl. Second service which was just done cost around 2k.
I would suggest to stretch a but and go for the SX(O) if possible the ventilated seats are really nice to have.
Thanks Anirudh.

On stretching the budget to go for SX(O) - Well, I would have loved to; but unfortunately, finances are already stretched, hence the compromise.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 10:25   #470
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Anirudh.

On stretching the budget to go for SX(O) - Well, I would have loved to; but unfortunately, finances are already stretched, hence the compromise.
Black color looks so sexy on sedans provided it is washed and waxed. I own a black Honda City for the last 4+ years and I can assure you that maintaining a black car is as good as living in hell. Be ready for the comments from people 'you invested 10+ lakhs for this car, why can't you at least wash it once in a while', and you would be thinking 'I washed and even waxed my car yesterday evening'. My comments may seem over hyped, but once you start living with a black car you will get to understand it better. Swirls, small scratches, and even dust are very much visible on a black car, the silver and white seems to be requiring very less maintenance. But I can't deny the fact that a washed and waxed black sedan looks the most sexy. So if you have made up your mind to go for black, wishing you a lot of washing and waxing sessions.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 10:28   #471
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I am not sure of reliability and maintenance cost.

It is my firm belief that one should go for a German only if he is going for the best engine of the lot, which in this case is the 1.5 TDI and not the MPI petrol engine. Yes, the maintenance will be a bit expensive at around 12-14k for the Vento(slightly cheaper for the Rapid), however you may be able to negate the maintenance cost a bit if you drive more than 15K every year, since VW/Skoda has a service interval of 1 year/15k kms.

Spare parts will be a bit expensive when compared to the competition. There is no going around that. However, VW has started to offer warranty upto 7 years now, thus negating the high spares part to some extent. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...nty-india.html (Volkswagen now offers 7-year extended warranty in India)

So basically if you don't mind going for a diesel, I'd suggest you to go for it over the Verna. The 1.5 TDI is a stonker of an engine and coupled with discounts, it should make for a great deal. The only remaining issue would be questionable A.S.S. especially w.r.t. Hyundai and Honda.

However, when it comes to petrol, it is better to stick to the Hyundai or the Honda.
Old 18th December 2018, 10:55   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Black color looks so sexy on sedans provided it is washed and waxed. .....So if you have made up your mind to go for black, wishing you a lot of washing and waxing sessions.
That's exactly the dilemma. In fact, white and silver are available at the dealer end, so can take the delivery in 2 days post booking. But I absolutely abhore silver and wife has vetoed white. Orange is a rare color and SA told that they can try for the orange only if booking amount is 2 lakhs and that's too non-refundable, with no guarantee that orange will be arranged. We are trying for red color but that too seem to be unavailable. That leaves us with black only. Black was our first choice but for the reservations about it's upkeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
It is my firm belief that one should go for a German only if he is going for the best engine of the lot, which in this case is the 1.5 TDI and not the MPI petrol engine.
However, when it comes to petrol, it is better to stick to the Hyundai or the Honda.
I'm an out and out petrolhead. Diesel engine was never in contention, for any car.
Old 18th December 2018, 14:25   #473
BHPian

So guys, just signed the cheque and booked Verna SX (Petrol) manual variant in black color. It is the new one with smart keys, smart trunk and KESS. So far, the dealer experience is good (fingers crossed).
Old 18th December 2018, 17:30   #474

Anyone has any opinion on the 1.4l CRDI engine in the new Hyundai Verna 2018? Links to any reviews on the same will also be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Old 19th December 2018, 09:49   #475
BHPian

Quote:
So guys, just signed the cheque and booked Verna SX (Petrol) manual variant in black color. It is the new one with smart keys, smart trunk and KESS. So far, the dealer experience is good (fingers crossed).
As it always happens to be (nothing happens without a few hiccups and obstacles ), had to change the color from Black to Flame Orange.

After picking up cheque for booking amount from me, SA called back that the Black available at the factory has been booked by some other dealership and now it is not available. I checked with other dealerships and everyone told that black is no longer available at the factory. Orange was available on order, but booking amount of 2 lakhs (non-refundable) has to be given. With no choice left, I transferred the booking amount. Now it's wait and watch.
Old 19th December 2018, 09:58   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazinSam View Post
Anyone has any opinion on the 1.4l CRDI engine in the new Hyundai Verna 2018? Links to any reviews on the same will also be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Its pretty OK in the i20, though nothing t write home about. Smooth, yes, but very narrow powenband and adequate for the city/ decent for highway.

On the Creta, which is a far heavier and bigger mass to move around, I felt it was just mediocre. Nothing more than a commuter engine. The 1.6 engine is the one to get, if you can stretch your budget.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 10:27   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Its pretty OK in the i20, though nothing t write home about. Smooth, yes, but very narrow powenband and adequate for the city/ decent for highway.
I beg to differ here. The 1.4 crdi in i20 is quite punchy, not just pretty OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post

On the Creta, which is a far heavier and bigger mass to move around, I felt it was just mediocre. Nothing more than a commuter engine. The 1.6 engine is the one to get, if you can stretch your budget.

The torque is still not bad for the heavier Creta and thanks to the 6-speed gearbox the power and torque figures are utilized rather well. Of course it can't be as effortless as the 1.6 but it's still fine in its own right. Should be at least better than the S-Cross 1.3 on that regard!

Last edited by Aditya : 19th December 2018 at 10:43. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 14:47   #478
BHPian

I was wondering, with the New SX trim in place, is the difference between SX(O) and SX worth the price difference of 1.66Lakhs anymore? You get 4 additional airbags, rear manual curtain, ventillated seats, leather seats with rear seat adjustable headrests though. Still, the premium looks steep (from purely pricing perspective).
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 15:07   #479
BANNED

Quote:
I was wondering, with the New SX trim in place, is the difference between SX(O) and SX worth the price difference of 1.66Lakhs anymore?
Honestly speaking, I'd pay that premium for those extra airbags over the SX variant. Safety is what matters for me. This was the main point for me while buying the Creta and had to convince hard to get the SX(O) over SX+. This is just my personal opinion, no offence to you, sir.
Old 19th December 2018, 17:19   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Honestly speaking, I'd pay that premium for those extra airbags over the SX variant. Safety is what matters for me. This was the main point for me while buying the Creta and had to convince hard to get the SX(O) over SX+. This is just my personal opinion, no offence to you, sir.
I 100% agree with you. However, I was talking about purely the pricing aspect. Additional features adding up to the premium being charged was my question.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks