Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2019, 10:53   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

My Verna's SD card for maps comes pre-loaded with ahem!! a Tamil song which starts everyday I start the car. Is it possible to delete same and load new songs without corrupting the maps on the SD card? I wonder how much is the storage size of the SD card?

Thanks.
Old 18th January 2019, 16:37   #542
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
My Verna's SD card for maps comes pre-loaded with ahem!! a Tamil song which starts everyday I start the car. Is it possible to delete same and load new songs without corrupting the maps on the SD card? I wonder how much is the storage size of the SD card?

Thanks.

That's not the MMI SD card, MMI SD card supposed to hold only MMI maps.

Verna' entertainment system comes with 1GB internal memory and that Tamil song is preloaded in that space. The manual has detailed process on how to store and / delete data from internal storage.
On a side note, I kinda like that song, though don't understand a bit. May be some Tamil TBHP-ians share some info?
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 17:52   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Thanks. I always thought that someone played mischief and copied the song on the SD card. I just saw a video on youtube on how to delete from the internal memory. I guess we can also copy one of our favorite tunes instead.
Old 18th January 2019, 18:22   #544
BHPian

Quote:
You seem to be the perfect candidate to ask this question. I understand the engine, transmission of the previous gen Verna and the current Verna is more or less the same. What I wanted to know how did you preserve the life of the clutch given the torquey nature of the engine which makes the car leap ahead without any accelerator input? I find myself using the clutch all the time to control the vehicle's speed. I am sure this excessive use of the clutch which is similar to clutch riding will kill the clutch plate sooner. Is there a work around for this?

Also I understand there is anti-stall feature in the Verna which prevents the engine from stalling while in lower gears. I control the speed using the brakes in lower gears. I am not sure if this is healthy for the engine.
Guess I’ve been lucky. Similar pattern of usage sir. I too use the clutch to control the vehicle’s speed and in B2B traffic, but the point I want to make is that 70% of my driving is on the highways (and NICE Road for work). Maybe my clutch hasn’t seen it’s fair share of B2B traffic, although nowadays my gear shift seems to be getting harder.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 19:28   #545
BHPian

Quote:

Verna' entertainment system comes with 1GB internal memory and that Tamil song is preloaded in that space. The manual has detailed process on how to store and / delete data from internal storage.
On a side note, I kinda like that song, though don't understand a bit. May be some Tamil TBHP-ians share some info?
My verna is in chennai and doesn't play any such song! When and how does this song play?!
Old 20th January 2019, 07:37   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Well, can anyone please confirm this? Because the website is again showing this not available in SX variant. Sometime in november, website was updated with SX variant feature list mentioning KESS with smart key. Now, again it is missing.
My Verna SX(O) AT (May 2018) came with 2 smart keys and push button start. There is no embedded key inside afaik. Keyless entry is only on the driver side.
Old 20th January 2019, 09:11   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcoolhand View Post
My Verna SX(O) AT (May 2018) came with 2 smart keys and push button start. There is no embedded key inside afaik. Keyless entry is only on the driver side.
Well, I stand corrected. There is indeed an embedded key inside smart key which can be used to get in and out and turn the child lock on/off.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20190120_085636.jpg  

Old 21st January 2019, 10:44   #548
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHerring View Post
My verna is in chennai and doesn't play any such song! When and how does this song play?!

Toggle your Mode button to reach "My Music" option. Remember to disconnect your BT or AUX input before that.
Old 21st January 2019, 10:57   #549
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I guess we can also copy one of our favorite tunes instead.
One? You can copy a small collection.

Since my parents are lazy to carry around pen drives or sync mobiles, I have copied all their favourites to the internal hard drive in our Xcent. No fuss - the songs just started playing when they use the car.

But I'm curious what is this Tamil song - and how it got loaded by default?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 19:54   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Well, can anyone please confirm this? Because the website is again showing this not available in SX variant. Sometime in november, website was updated with SX variant feature list mentioning KESS with smart key. Now, again it is missing.
The features of the SX(O) have indeed trickled into the SX variant during late November 2018. Pricing increased by Rs 12000/- (before taxes)

SX now has

1) Keyless entry.
2) Chrome handles.
3) Auto unlocking of boot via proximity sensing
Old 22nd January 2019, 09:59   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacescreamer View Post
The features of the SX(O) have indeed trickled into the SX variant during late November 2018. Pricing increased by Rs 12000/- (before taxes)

SX now has

1) Keyless entry.
2) Chrome handles.
3) Auto unlocking of boot via proximity sensing
Even the price of SX(O) was increased by Rs 6000/- before taxes in November 2018 when they added two features, i.e. telescopic steering and wireless mob charger.

I hope the January price hike is yet to be implemented.
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:43   #552
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks. I always thought that someone played mischief and copied the song on the SD card. I just saw a video on Youtube on how to delete from the internal memory. I guess we can also copy one of our favorite tunes instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
One? You can copy a small collection.

Since my parents are lazy to carry around pen drives or sync mobiles, I have copied all their favourites to the internal hard drive in our Xcent. No fuss - the songs just started playing when they use the car.

But I'm curious what is this Tamil song - and how it got loaded by default?

Sorry for going OT here, but posting snap of the player playing the Tamil song here. Link to Wikipedia page regarding the movie and the songs. And regarding how it got there, I guess Vernas are manufactured in Chennai plant .

Dear CrAzY dRiVeR, 1GB of space can hold quiet many songs, but I have a feeling that loading up too many songs might slug the interface. I guess, the interface also shares the same storage space along with downloaded contacts. I can be wrong here though. Have you faced any performance impact storing song collections in that internal space?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-vernatamilsong.jpg  

Old 23rd January 2019, 11:57   #553
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
May be some Tamil TBHP-ians share some info?
Haha that looks like some mischief from the OEM who's supplying the system to Hyundai. A lot of ancillary units are located around the Hyundai plant here at Sriperumbudur.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 13:31   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for going OT here, but posting snap of the player playing the Tamil song here. Link to Wikipedia page regarding the movie and the songs. And regarding how it got there, I guess Vernas are manufactured in Chennai plant .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Haha that looks like some mischief from the OEM who's supplying the system to Hyundai. A lot of ancillary units are located around the Hyundai plant here at Sriperumbudur.
Do you have the welcome music option in your settings? Kia's are known to play jingles upon start up and I have heard some jingles in Hyundai's sold in Europe.

Off-Topic:
Looks like one die hard fan of a Maestro has programmed this Headunit and with some taste! Also, it suits your situation, when you start the car saying "poonkadhave thaazh thiravai..." (for all non-Tamilians it means, "Hey door made of garlands, please unlock your latches")
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:08   #555
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Do you have the welcome music option in your settings? Kia's are known to play jingles upon start up and I have heard some jingles in Hyundai's sold in Europe.

Off-Topic:
Looks like one die hard fan of a Maestro has programmed this Headunit and with some taste! Also, it suits your situation, when you start the car saying "poonkadhave thaazh thiravai..." (for all non-Tamilians it means, "Hey door made of garlands, please unlock your latches")

No, Verna doesn't have any welcome jingles. It is just that, the head unit comes with some storage space to keep personalized music and the said song is the sample piece already per-loaded in a new car. It's like, when we buy some new mobile or music player, it comes with some sample music or videos for free.

So, what lies beyond that door of garlands is still mystery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks