Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2019, 17:44   #631
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 68
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Installing DRL's(or even Projector) in existing headlights requires extensive modification like separating the acrylic glass from the plastic housing using a heat gun, In that process some deformation is possible at the edges if not done right.So no dealer would be willing to do it.
BeingHuman is offline  
Old 21st March 2019, 17:56   #632
BHPian
 
Vipin Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 547
Thanked: 474 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Should be absolutely fine. No worries at all, as long as there are no glaring issues when you check the vehicle with the PDI checklist. Most companies have stocks of Jan and Feb now, and are offering good prices for these cars.

March manufactured cars are likely to start coming to dealers only now, especially since there is unsold inventory lying with most of the dealers.
Thanks. There is also the probability of price-hike post 1st of April via insurance premium (as the govt seems to be mulling towards increasing it). So, if I wait for the March manufactured cars, there is potentially this issue.

However, not sure if their Feb dispatch has Feb manufactured cars. I will have to go and check it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
2 weeks is not going to deteriorate the condition of the car. You can safely go ahead with getting the car home.
Thanks. 2 weeks is their age in the yard. My worry is whether they are Jan manufactured. In that case, they will be older than 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacescreamer View Post
Congrats!
Yeah, they have 2 silver options now imo.
Thanks! I think the older silver is replaced by typhoon silver now.

Also, what about the horn? Can I change the stock horn to Creta's horn at the dealership itself?
Vipin Kumar is offline  
Old 21st March 2019, 18:13   #633
BHPian
 
pixantz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 724
Thanked: 929 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but aren't projector lights and DRLs totally separate stuff or they have something in common? I am interested only in DRLs just from looks point of view.
Yes, technically they are seperate stuff but you can't have either just any one of them as per your choice. If you're talking about OEM ones, that is. The main reason being that both the projector and the drl come molded as one single headlight assembly and not customisable as per preference. As per what drhoneycake also said and showed in the pic.

Plus, with the OEM setup there will be additional paraphernalia which will have to be bought with the headlight projector like the ballast and other kit. If I'm not wrong it's an hid bulb. Correct me if someone knows better. And these stuffs are costlier than the headlight assembly itself, I think. The last time I heard, it was an 80k worth of only parts.

But if you want just drls, you can go after market and they will open up the existing headlight plastic and install led drl's seperately and then pack it all back up. Now you have to decide if you want to allow people to do that to your headlight because it's only a good idea if you got a really good installer. And oh, you won't get the jewel-like look of the OEM drl.

PS- if you ask me, drl aside, the OEM projector is pathetic for the job it does. Like candle light. Only good if you use more powerful bulbs.
pixantz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 20:03   #634
Senior - BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,429
Thanked: 1,927 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Thanks.

However, not sure if their Feb dispatch has Feb manufactured cars. I will have to go and check
You don't need to take the effort of going to the dealer and checking it. Just ask them to send you a copy of the form 21/ form 22 for the vehicle they are ready to allot to you. Not only will it have the VIN which will enable identification of the month of manufacture, it should also have the date when the car was received by the dealer from Hyundai- thus laying all doubts to rest. That's exactly what I did when choosing my vehicle this month and it was a Feb manufactured vehicle. Then of course I will do an independent PDI of the vehicle per my convenience after I have booked the car.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 20:33   #635
BHPian
 
drhoneycake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: KA05,KA31,KA47
Posts: 504
Thanked: 1,286 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Yes, technically they are seperate stuff but you can't have either just any one of them as per your choice. If you're talking about OEM ones, that is. The main reason being that both the projector and the drl come molded as one single headlight assembly and not customisable as per preference. As per what drhoneycake also said and showed in the pic.

Plus, with the OEM setup there will be additional paraphernalia which will have to be bought with the headlight projector like the ballast and other kit. If I'm not wrong it's an hid bulb. Correct me if someone knows better. And these stuffs are costlier than the headlight assembly itself, I think. The last time I heard, it was an 80k worth of only parts.

But if you want just drls, you can go after market and they will open up the existing headlight plastic and install led drl's seperately and then pack it all back up. Now you have to decide if you want to allow people to do that to your headlight because it's only a good idea if you got a really good installer. And oh, you won't get the jewel-like look of the OEM drl.

PS- if you ask me, drl aside, the OEM projector is pathetic for the job it does. Like candle light. Only good if you use more powerful bulbs.
Absolutely right.

If you go with the OEM Setup, a single headlight costs 40k a piece (80k for both LH & RH Assembly). You'll need levelling actuators that cost about 7.5k per side. Also wiring is different plus there is also a DRL Control module located near the glovebox (good luck getting that part). And oh!, these are halogen projectors, not HID

Yes this can be fitted into the lower trims (that have the reflector headlights), but its not worth the time nor the money.

And yes, the OEM Projector is a decent upgrade from the OEM reflector. I've swapped my Halogen Projector for a LED Projector and boy does it light up the night.
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 00:40   #636
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 31
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
what about the horn? Can I change the stock horn to Creta's horn at the dealership itself?
I don't think they allow that.

1) Now that you mentioned it from what I had gathered, there are two horns that I have seen being popular:

a) Roots Windtone (iinm, this is the one that octavia uses)
b) Hella chrome trumpet horn

The second one was said to be not going into the 'noise pollution' zone. Dunno how true that is. Seeking some clarification myself. Which one is the better in terms of sound as well as keeping noise levels from entering that annoyingly harsh zone is something that I am seeking info on.


2) Another query that bothered me was, while using the music system while the car engine was not running. That warning label that keeps on popping about battery being discharged and one should use the system only when the engine is running... How much veracity does that warning have?


If you or any other kind soul gets any info on these two topics, do pass on the info here as well pls.
spacescreamer is offline  
Old 22nd March 2019, 07:09   #637
BHPian
 
Vipin Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 547
Thanked: 474 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
And yes, the OEM Projector is a decent upgrade from the OEM reflector. I've swapped my Halogen Projector for a LED Projector and boy does it light up the night.
Did you get it done from Hyundai itself or from outside? I did ask the dealer and the SA said that Hyundai does not provide any LED kit for the projectors. Is it true?
Vipin Kumar is offline  
Old 22nd March 2019, 08:54   #638
BHPian
 
drhoneycake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: KA05,KA31,KA47
Posts: 504
Thanked: 1,286 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Did you get it done from Hyundai itself or from outside? I did ask the dealer and the SA said that Hyundai does not provide any LED kit for the projectors. Is it true?
No A.S.S will ever do such things - donít even bother about them. This requires opening of the headlights. Did it myself but if youíre not a DIY person, you have people that do this kind of work.

Here you go:-
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4497815 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)

Low Beam:
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-ab05204c7234407aa0d8d2b817f932ec.jpeg

High Beam:
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-d88878365a7a433d8db83695b98a7a5a.jpeg
drhoneycake is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 22:43   #639
BHPian
 
Vipin Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 547
Thanked: 474 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
You don't need to take the effort of going to the dealer and checking it. Just ask them to send you a copy of the form 21/ form 22 for the vehicle they are ready to allot to you. Not only will it have the VIN which will enable identification of the month of manufacture, it should also have the date when the car was received by the dealer from Hyundai- thus laying all doubts to rest. That's exactly what I did when choosing my vehicle this month and it was a Feb manufactured vehicle. Then of course I will do an independent PDI of the vehicle per my convenience after I have booked the car.
I have got the form 22 today. It shows chassis number and engine number along with emission and noise level norms. As per the chassis number decoding, I see that it is a Feb manufactured car. However, the form 22 does not show its own date of issue, or when the dealer received the vehicle, etc.
Vipin Kumar is offline  
Old 25th March 2019, 23:54   #640
BHPian
 
gupta_chd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 283
Thanked: 278 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
I am looking for EX 1.4 diesel variant. Any pointers to a good review much appreciated. Thanks
Quoting myself here. Please suggest if any pointers indeed. One review I found on you tube for 2019 Verna EX about 12 minutes long but it has no much in depth info about engine and in general as such.
gupta_chd is offline  
Old 26th March 2019, 07:25   #641
Senior - BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,429
Thanked: 1,927 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
I have got the form 22 today. It shows chassis number and engine number along with emission and noise level norms. As per the chassis number decoding, I see that it is a Feb manufactured car. However, the form 22 does not show its own date of issue, or when the dealer received the vehicle, etc.
As long as it is Feb manufactured you should be good to go, no worries at all. In my case, it was a Honda vehicle and right at the bottom of the page in tiny print, the date of issue of the form 22 was provided and this was Feb 26th. Hence I was doubly assured that the dealer received it on or after that date.

Not sure if this would be the case for form 22 issued by Hyundai to your dealer. Alternatively, the dealer will have a database with date of receipt.You could ask for a screenshot of that Excel sheet to see date of receipt of that particular VIN.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 26th March 2019 at 07:34.
arindambasu13 is offline  
Old 31st March 2019, 15:11   #642
BHPian
 
SR-71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BLR
Posts: 356
Thanked: 332 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

There are 2 small rectangular sponge material in the rear number plate housing, evidently to act as a damper to avoid rattles from the plates. The left side sponge in my car has been scratched off, thanks to the pesky neighborhood morons, is there a way to replace it ? I am yet to get the plates fixed :-(
SR-71 is offline  
Old 31st March 2019, 23:10   #643
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 3,567
Thanked: 5,945 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Is there a way to replace it ? I am yet to get the plates fixed :-(
Won't 2 side tape help you ?
mpksuhas is offline  
Old 1st April 2019, 21:03   #644
BHPian
 
Vipin Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 547
Thanked: 474 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

I took delivery of my Verna CRDI SX(O) yesterday, in the evening of the closing day of the financial year. It is the Feb 2019 manufacture. The delivery process was a good and smooth one in Hyundai.

Thanks to Team Bhp friends here for giving advice in time on my many queries and clearing my anxieties.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-20190331_160622.jpg
Vipin Kumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 11:16   #645
BHPian
 
SR-71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BLR
Posts: 356
Thanked: 332 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
I took delivery of my Verna CRDI SX(O) yesterday, in the evening of the closing day of the financial year. It is the Feb 2019 manufacture. The delivery process was a good and smooth one in Hyundai.
Attachment 1864749

Congratulations, I took mine a day before you did :-)
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks