Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2019, 11:13   #691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Got the clutch overhauling done yesterday. Billed 21k, which I think is reasonable.
But surprisingly, two new problems have cropped up today morning
Any specific reason why they changed the master cylinder and release one too? Did you report a problem or they just took it on themselves to change it and you pay for it keeping the mileage of the car in mind? I think they should have been changing the flywheel instead. May have cost a bit lesser than the two hydraulic parts, if I'm not wrong, and got better results. Am I missing something here?

An unnecessary change decided by them and paid by you plus an unnecessary new problem gifted as a bonus! I wouldn't have been a very happy customer if I was you. Why, I wouldn't have got this job done at the ASS anyway. Just would have got the original parts and had my trusty FNG guy do it for me. Clutch replace is not very rocket science stuff and the job would have been done in half the price including Labour. But maybe that's just me.

Hope you get your speedo/steering glitch sorted without some more added spending suggested by them as it's their mistake which you shouldn't be paying for. You already paid much more than you should have for the given job. All the best.

Last edited by pixantz : 3rd May 2019 at 11:16.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 11:43   #692
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Can anyone confirm whether the NextGen Verna 2017 Diesel has a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) or not? My search so far yielded nothing conclusive on this.

Some background on BS norms and enforcement time lines:
BS6 makes DPF mandatory. BS5 was supposed to make it mandatory as well (I guess), however, we are skipping BS5 and going to enforce BS6 in 2020. Now BS4 was enforced from April 2017, and NextGen Verna was launched somewhere during August 2017.

Behind the engine I found a cylindrical unit on the exhaust plumbing which looks like a DPF, but not sure what it is.

Last edited by clevermax : 3rd May 2019 at 11:50.
Old 3rd May 2019, 12:04   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Any specific reason why they changed the master cylinder and release one too? Did you report a problem or they just took it on themselves to change it and you pay for it keeping the mileage of the car in mind? I think they should have been changing the flywheel instead. May have cost a bit lesser than the two hydraulic parts, if I'm not wrong, and got better results. Am I missing something here?

An unnecessary change decided by them and paid by you plus an unnecessary new problem gifted as a bonus! I wouldn't have been a very happy customer if I was you. Why, I wouldn't have got this job done at the ASS anyway. Just would have got the original parts and had my trusty FNG guy do it for me. Clutch replace is not very rocket science stuff and the job would have been done in half the price including Labour. But maybe that's just me.

Hope you get your speedo/steering glitch sorted without some more added spending suggested by them as it's their mistake which you shouldn't be paying for. You already paid much more than you should have for the given job. All the best.
Due to cyclone Fani, everything closed here, thus could not got the car checked for speedo/ steering problem. But talked to SA, and he thinks this as a sensor issue & not related to clutch work. Will update once I get the job done.

It would have been great if I had your useful input before getting the clutch job done. I had reported problems like hard clutch, lowest biting point & occasional gear grinding, more particularly while engaging the reverse one. And went for replacements as they suggested. From another HASS, I had got a quote of 23k. Somewhere in this forum too, people have reported around 20/22 k on clutch overhauling. So went with SA without much application of mind & doing much of a research.
Will enquire about flywheel on my next visit.
Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 15:30   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Any specific reason why they changed the master cylinder and release one too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
It would have been great if I had your useful input before getting the clutch job done. I had reported problems like hard clutch, lowest biting point & occasional gear grinding, more particularly while engaging the reverse one.
As the car is more than 1lakh KM driven, I'd strongly recommend changing the master and slave cylinders. From experience, even if they seem fine (clutch pedal action seems fine, doesn't feel spongy or slow to release - this is not related to where the clutch bites or how much play the pedal has, purely the action/ feel of the pedal) either of these will give way within a few thousands of KM when the clutch change is happening at a healthy 1lakh - if the clutch burnt out at, say 50 or 60k, then we can run with the same master and slave cylinders for some more.

The flywheel would be alright if the clutch had not worn out too much. Only if the clutch is completely worn out, will it end up damaging the flywheel - The HASS will advice you on the flywheel once they open the clutch.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 20:24   #695
BHPian

Speedo/steering problem rectified at no cost to me. Problem diagnosed is presence of water inside coupler which is eventually connected to speedo. Water obviously had entered into the coupler while they have washed the engine bay. Specifically for these kind of stuffs, I never allow the washer boy to open the bonnet while washing the car. During clutch work & subsequent washing of my car, I was not present. The coupler is placed just underneath the battery. Normally water should not enter there. Now car is ba ck to normal. After cleaning of the coupler, have done 300 km without any problem.
Enquired about flywheel, and the SA told it is in good condition & therefore do not require replacement.
Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 13:33   #696
BANNED

Hyundai Verna Beats Honda City & Maruti Ciaz In April 2019 Sales.

Source
Old 10th May 2019, 07:30   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post

Some background on BS norms and enforcement time lines:
BS6 makes DPF mandatory. BS5 was supposed to make it mandatory as well (I guess), however, we are skipping BS5 and going to enforce BS6 in 2020. Now BS4 was enforced from April 2017, and NextGen Verna was launched somewhere during August 2017.
If I remember correctly, BS IV was first introduced in 13 cities from April, 2010 for passenger cars. BS IV standards have been mandated for all throughout the country from April, 2017. I think all the passenger vehicles sold from April, 2010 were BS IV compliant except for those with more than 5 seats, LCVs, Auto Rickshaws, other commercial vehicles and bikes.
Maruti Omni which I bought in October, 2011 and Hyundai Santo which I bought in February, 2012 were both BS IV compliant, as was Tata Zest, bought in October, 2014.

There had been a mad rush for BS III 2 wheelers in the last week of March, 2017. Dealers offered considerable discounts going up to Rs.6,000.00 on BS III bikes to clear the stocks as it would not have been possible to register vehicles from April, 2017. Only vehicles which had temporary registration by 31.03.2017 were registered in April.

I remember this because I bought a TVS Victor BS IV on 24.03.17. Dealer was known to me and offered a BS III one with hefty discount but I resisted the temptation. Consequently, my vehicle's registration was processed on 21.04.17, after the mad rush was over

Last edited by simplyself : 10th May 2019 at 07:35.
Old 10th May 2019, 07:40   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Hyundai Verna Beats Honda City & Maruti Ciaz In April 2019 Sales.

Source
The new Ciaz's exterior is somewhat underwhelming compared to the previous version. In fact, it looks like Zest with a pinched nose from front from a distance.
Old 11th May 2019, 14:18   #699
BHPian

Hi All

Need an urgent piece of information. What is the life of brake pads on next gen Verna? I have driven about 23.5K and today morning I was on a drive for about 200 KMS. Almost at the end of drive I have noticed noise from the front wheel driver side. When I got down and checked I could spot marks on the disc. As I didn't have any other option I continued driving for another 20 kms.

Later when I dropped the car in ASS the service advisor told me that brake pads had completely worn out and started scratching the disc.

I have last serviced at 17K (Dec '18) and I was never told about worn out brake pads. Again around 20K (Jan'19) I have been to ASS to get the disc checked for a vibration while breaking. Even that time I haven't been told about this.

My questions are,

1. What is the life of brake pads?

2. As the brake pads now scratched the disc, service advisor told me that he will surface the disc and put it back. Is this fine or should I be worried about anything?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th May 2019 at 12:17. Reason: Typo.
Old 11th May 2019, 19:55   #700
BHPian

My first service done at 1456 kms. Since that day, I have wheel alignment issue. In a week, called up the SA and he said the alignment machine is not in working condition at the moment. So, got the alignment done in my presence from outside. Things are still not okay. There is still left pulling.

Plus, my Verna has been producing a peculiar road noise on smooth surfaces too. I feared there is some problem with my new tyres (Bridgestone Ecopia stock). The noise was similar to what my Fiesta's stock MRF ZV2Ks began to make at 25K kms.

Today I decided to give another check with a seasoned tyre dealer in the city. I had fears about tyre being changed without my knowledge at the workshop/service centre. The tyre dealer said no one does that much cheating.

But, on a check, they find that my vehicle, though is a Feb 19 model, has the rear tyres from 02/19 batch. The spare too belongs to the same. However, the front left one belongs to 47/18 and the front right one belongs to 45/18.

Now, does the new vehicle come with this kind of a combination? As much as we know, for a new car, all the tyres are of same batch.

I have now a new fear. If the tyres are changed, though may be inadvertently at the service centre, even the alloys may not be mine.

This is my Hyundai Verna first service experience! Indeed, it is an experience. But it is also my first experience with Hyundai service.

What are the options I am left with now, to take up? Advice please...

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 11th May 2019 at 20:01.
Old 11th May 2019, 20:42   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Hi All

My questions are,

1. What is the life of brake pads?

Thanks in advance
I had recently replaced all my break pads. The originals lasted close to 1 lac km. In your case it's too early.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th May 2019 at 12:18. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 21:40   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
But, on a check, they find that my vehicle, though is a Feb 19 model, has the rear tyres from 02/19 batch. The spare too belongs to the same. However, the front left one belongs to 47/18 and the front right one belongs to 45/18.

Now, does the new vehicle come with this kind of a combination? As much as we know, for a new car, all the tyres are of same batch.

I have now a new fear. If the tyres are changed, though may be inadvertently at the service centre, even the alloys may not be mine.

What are the options I am left with now, to take up? Advice please...
Plus, is it that turbo also got changed? Before the first service, the turbo, when at work, use to make a sound and make the entire working of the engine look so effortless. Even while running at 100 kmph, I used to feel that the car was running at 40 kmph. Now, it is almost the other way around. I feel the speed inside even when it is at 80 kmph. It comes with effort and the old turbo-at-work feel and sound is all gone.

Till 1400 kms, that is till the first service, the engine was growing on me everyday. Now, I dislike it increasingly everyday.

What are the ways in which I can find out about these?
Old 12th May 2019, 22:00   #703
BHPian

Asking for a friend who recently bought a new Verna Petrol SX. Is there any video playback functionality in the OEM infotainment unit, like playing a video file(through usb/phone) when the car is stationary?
Old 13th May 2019, 07:35   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Asking for a friend who recently bought a new Verna Petrol SX. Is there any video playback functionality in the OEM infotainment unit, like playing a video file(through usb/phone) when the car is stationary?
Yes, it is there. Videos can be played only when the handrake is engaged.
Old 13th May 2019, 20:37   #705
BHPian

One update, after I have been to the Hyundai service centre with my car's tyre related issues.

All the Vernas are coming these days with Bridgestone Ecopia tyres. They can be of a mixed bag manufacture dates. Still, more importantly, Bridgestone produces this tyre in this dimension (195/55 R16) only for supplying them to Hyundai. You simply cannot buy Ecopia in this dimension from outside Bridgestone dealerships. It is a Hyundai-specific / Verna-specific production at Bridgestone's India plant. And, in this avatar, as my personal experience goes, these tyres are not doing good.

I must say that when I had bought them from an outside dealership earlier, they appeared to be fine.

If you want to replace any of Verna's tyres with a Bridgestone tyre itself, you have to choose either B250 or B290. Otherwise, you have to go for a different dimension.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 13th May 2019 at 20:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks