Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2019, 08:02   #736
BHPian

Re: Irritating horn chirp on lock/unlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
Not sure if other Verna owners are bothered by this, but the lock/unlock chirp irritates me.

Or any other alternative to mute just the lock/unlock chirps will be of great help!
Don’t know if this will help you, but please do have a look.

Old 26th June 2019, 11:18   #737
BHPian

Re: Irritating horn chirp on lock/unlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Thanks drhoneycake. I've watched it before - this is what HASS suggested doing -it'll disconnect the complete alarm system and not just the lock/unlock chirps.
Old 27th June 2019, 09:49   #738
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Not sure if other Verna owners are bothered by this, but the lock/unlock chirp irritates me
This is a problem for majority Verna owners but no quick solutions other than disconnecting the horn. It looks like a horn rather than a buzzer and I wish Hyundai used some pleasant sounding ones similar to Maruti and probably that is one solution too. Replace the horn with a better sounding buzzer!

Quote:
This is what I did, I never felt the need for a buzzer. My Rapid didn't have any lock/unlock sound so I am used to living without it.
Old 27th June 2019, 12:20   #739
Senior - BHPian

Question for Verna experts. I drove the Verna after a long time, but was irritated to find the ACC switching back to fresh air intake mode every couple of minutes. The auto mode was not on. So i had to keep pressing the recirculate button every other minute.

As I was driving for an urgent airport pickup, I did not have the time to investigate. Any clues?
Old 28th June 2019, 22:04   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Question for Verna experts. I drove the Verna after a long time, but was irritated to find the ACC switching back to fresh air intake mode every couple of minutes. The auto mode was not on. So i had to keep pressing the recirculate button every other minute.

As I was driving for an urgent airport pickup, I did not have the time to investigate. Any clues?
Bump bump. One thing I forgot to mention was that I could see a symbol on the ICE saying something like 'clean air'.
Old 3rd July 2019, 01:01   #741
BHPian

Lazy Gearbox!

Been driving around in Bangalore traffic for few days now in Verna. One thing I've noticed is gearbox always tries stay in lowest gear possible. It gets kinda annoying when you want to cruise around at 50kmph. Around 50 most of the time GB tries stay in 3rd gear!! I've verified this multiple times by shifting to manual mode[it displays number of gear engaged on dash]. Even in manual mode, GB refuses to up shift when actually there is enough grunt to shift up.

Is this common to all Torque Converters + Diesel Engine combo or unique to Hyundai?

In city mileage is hovering around 10-11 mark and I feel it is due to lazy nature of GB! Yet to check with tankful to tankful method.

PS: Got the long awaited leather seat upgrade:

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-1.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-2.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-3.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-3a.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th July 2019 at 21:45. Reason: typo edited
somspaple is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:06   #742
Senior - BHPian

I reckon that's the way the AT has been tuned in the Verna, it holds on to a lower gear much longer than needed. Even one of the auto mags mentioned something to this effect (ACI, me thinks). I suppose this might be done to aid the low speed responses. Is your a petrol or diesel? If petrol then 10-11 kmpl is a great number.

BTW, great looking seats. How much did it cost?

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 3rd July 2019 at 11:07.
hiren.mistry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 16:18   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I reckon that's the way the AT has been tuned in the Verna, it holds on to a lower gear much longer than needed. Even one of the auto mags mentioned something to this effect (ACI, me thinks). I suppose this might be done to aid the low speed responses. Is your a petrol or diesel? If petrol then 10-11 kmpl is a great number.

BTW, great looking seats. How much did it cost?
Personally anything above 10 is good for me but not sure if it is the mileage that everybody else is getting in similar traffic situations [it is a Diesel Automatic] .

Thanks!
it cost me around 40K - Marvin is/was running some discounts on genuine leather seats.
somspaple is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 21:17   #744
BANNED

Quote:
it cost me around 40K - Marvin is/was running some discounts on genuine leather seats.
The leather seats oozes character, good selection of colour. I have got comments on leather seats that they will get very much heated up very quickly. Ever got a chance to rest your ‘features’ on the leather seats after parking in open on a very sunny day?
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 21:38   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
The leather seats oozes character, good selection of colour. I have got comments on leather seats that they will get very much heated up very quickly. Ever got a chance to rest your ‘features’ on the leather seats after parking in open on a very sunny day?
Hehe, Leather and Black Car combination is not new to me. My earlier car too had genuine leather seats and car was black in colour! and when compared archaic AC of that car Verna will be 'super cool'

Last edited by somspaple : 3rd July 2019 at 21:39.
Old 12th July 2019, 18:50   #746
BHPian

Quote:

https://Youtu.be/h0k6Po0cgXw
I have issue with this annoying sound while locking / unlocking. Especially I come home a bit late. When I lock the car I feel offended myself that I might have woken up someone in the ground floor.

Recently, I started avoiding the locking sound by keeping the driver side door open and press the lock button. When I do so it doesn't honks and then I close the driver side door, car locks itself (without any locking sound). Anyways while unlocking I don't have any option.

Hi All,

I need a piece of advice from you all on Trident vs Advaith Hyundai (all of them around Whitefield area Bangalore)

In case any of you can refer me any SA who is reliable and good in any of the above ASC will be of great help.

I have been to trident couple of times but had a bitter experience with them. I am around the corner for my 30K service any help on this would be great!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th July 2019 at 21:44. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 18th July 2019, 14:26   #747
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if it’s the right thread to post but yeah, there’s some news around 2020 Verna spied undisguised. Honestly, somethings not proportional with the design. Face is too big for the body IMHO.

Source: Rushlane
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-ceaf80b80a1446e5b85be3a9b066d161.jpeg  

Old 19th July 2019, 17:27   #748
BHPian

Floor Mats

Thanks to FM @Lakwontsing - based on his reference ordered Coozo branded 7D mats for my Verna. I wanted to get Tan colored mat but it was out of stock. Settled for Black - it doesn't stand out much unless one pays attention. Material seems to be of good quality and I'm happy with it.

But it is more of a 5D mat I guess as the height of side covering is limited whereas few pics of 7D mats that I've seen show much more coverage of side panels. When I spoke to dealer he said this is the 7D mat meant for Verna. It does cover almost 100% of visible factory felt carpet also wraps the dead pedal neatly.

This comes with removable noodle mats and underside is kept in place with the help of velcros and few plastic 'pins' which slide under plastic panels [where the factory felt mat meets the panel].
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20190717_205236.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20190717_205210.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20190717_205142.jpg

Rear mat covers until the seat [falling short by few mm]. I've added couple of extra velcros at the edges for this mat so that they follow the contour of the felt.
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20190718_135855.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20190718_155803.jpg
somspaple is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 13:31   #749
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Verna owners. Had a few questions that I wanted to ask. I currently have a Jetta TDI MT which I am looking to downgrade from due to its heavy clutch and have a limited budget. Have shortlisted the Verna and Kia Seltos currently. Primary choice is the Kia, but fallback option is the Verna. It should only be a petrol and hence have been forced to look at the VTVT. Here are the questions:

- Is the VTVT available in the fully loaded SX(O) variant with the ventilated seats and curtain airbags? Haven't got much clarity about this based on the limited research so I thought it would be better to ask here

- How is the 1.6 petrol + AT combo from an owners perspective? I know it won't be as good as the Jetta in any way, but still, how good is the refinement especially in the mid range?

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th July 2019, 13:42   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Hello Verna owners. Had a few questions that I wanted to ask. I currently have a Jetta TDI MT which I am looking to downgrade from due to its heavy clutch and have a limited budget. .
I suggest you don't downgrade. I went from a Civic to a Verna. Was not happy with the Verna with respect to space and few other things. Suggest you move on to a comparable D segment car or as the current trend is go for the various SUV type vehicles. Verna is definitely cramped at rear. I would keep elbowing my co-passenger while driving the car something which would not happen in the Civic. Look at the Creta/Kia/Hector/Harrier maybe but downgrading would be like taking a step back. Anyways this is just what I feel, you may think differently .

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 24th July 2019 at 13:58.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks