Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 13th August 2019, 20:48   #781

Default Hello Team-BHP

I am very happy I got accepted to the team-BHP community and this is my first post.
I've been visiting this site for over 10 years but decided to sign up to ask for help.
I have ordered the Hyundai Verna VTVT petrol SX but on the verge of dropping the Verna due to poor sales experience.

I wrote to the team at Hyundai to express what a poor customer experience I have had with my interaction with the Saboo Hyundai dealership @ Hyderabad, Trimulgherry. I see a lack of commitment and most importantly lack of ownership.

I don't want to let my bad experience with the dealership affect the many years that I'll spend with the car. So I decided to share my grievance. I am on the verge of dropping my decision of buying the Hyundai Verna and option for a Honda City.

To sum up the whole story the team was very eager pre-sales until I made a downpayment on 07/25 and booked the vehicle. I was promised that the car would be delivered in 10 days.

On the 5th of Aug they did not give me a confirmation of the VIN Id indicating the car has been moved out the production unit in Chennai. I went to the dealer and was told they will have a confirmation for me by 6 pm that day.

No one called so I called them at 7pm and was informed there is a delay and I can expect 'an update' not even a confirmation about the VIN next day. I have been told once the VIN id is available it takes 3 days for the car to be delivered across states to the dealer and a day for accessories and interiors requested.

It is a terrible delay in today's world of customer service and success.

Whilst looking to buy the car they committed 7 days and after I made the payment the said it will take10 days. What is extremely disappointing is I have to contact them for an update. They don't feel the need to actively communicate and convey the reason for delay. I do not see the value for my money. I dread how the experience of post sales will be if this is how Pre-sales is being handled.

I believe that if you can't deliver a promise made to the customer just say it, don't have the customer in a loop which is not pleasing. I still dont have an ETA

I wanted to share this for people in the future looking to buy from Saboo Hyundai, Trimulgherry, hyderabad.

I'd also appreciate any one helping with a suggestion on how to proceed.
opiumfreak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2019, 10:34   #782
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hello Team-BHP

Welcome to the forum sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opiumfreak View Post
I wrote to the team at Hyundai to express what a poor customer experience I have had with my interaction with the Saboo Hyundai dealership @ Hyderabad, Trimulgherry. I see a lack of commitment and most importantly lack of ownership.
I've had the same experience with them during my Creta purchase. They promised delivery in 1 month (white colour SX(O) MT). But even after 23 days from booking, they didn't have any concrete answers as to when I'd get the delivery. Tired of following up, cancelled the booking and went to Lakshmi Hyundai, Himayatnagar and got the delivery.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2019, 13:56   #783

It is an Irony that at the time the sales for all manufactures are down, dealers are just not doing anything beyond their usual to ensure they do not let a customer go to another manufacturer !!!

On the other hand do try Talwar Hyundai or Kun Hyundai, they seems to have better response. I am in no way associated to them, but inputs from colleagues around.

a4anurag has also recommended another dealer. I think you will have to bear the cancellation charge which is 3K.

Do let us know what happens.

Last edited by freak : 14th August 2019 at 14:01. Reason: Grammar error
freak is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2019, 14:40   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak View Post
I think you will have to bear the cancellation charge which is 3K..
Fortunately I wasn't charged any cancellation charges. Got back the full booking amount.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2019, 18:46   #785

Well for an update, I met the sales manager today and he said there is a delay from Hyundai itself and he promised to have the car delivered by the 18th Sunday as apparently (Phantom Black is a rare color and not in stock). *hard to believe*

I've told the sales manager that I'd give him time till Aug 19th if I dont have the car by then I will cancel and never opt for Hyundai again.

They did mention 3k cancellation fee but I hope I will not be charged.

I'll keep you apprised.

Cheers and thanks for sharing your insights.
opiumfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2019, 15:15   #786
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Have got my diesel verna 30K KMS service done with Trident Automobiles (Whitefield, Bangalore). Total cost of service was 13636/-

I feel I have been overcharged or charged unnecessarily. Around ~3900/- for Engine Decarbonization (~1850) and Lubricants (~1950).
This is the reason why I do the following things before any routine service:

1) Take a copy of the list of things to [replace, check & replace, check & refill] from the manual and make sure that I refer to that in front of the service engineer during his briefing.
2) Tell the service guy very specifically that if there's anything that is required to be done apart from the regular items, give me a call beforehand.
3) No AC disinfection, no decarb, no such unwanted items in the job card.
4) A message will be printed and affixed on the battery, which will read: "Do not add water, Do not add acid, Do not open." They will add water otherwise, which will be contaminated with minerals or acid, and your battery will die in 2 to 3 years.

Any Verna users here who upgraded their air filter setup?

Stage 1 Remap - Update after the third map from Wolf Moto
The car is an absolute joy to drive now. It just pulls on and on!

Timed the car, 0-100kmph in 8.6 seconds flat! Not bad for Verna 1.6D AT. This was done under a full tank of fuel, I should have done it just before refueling an almost empty tank.

Name:  acceltest.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  47.6 KB
[Screenshot from Torque Pro]

Second map update had some hesitation in the mid range rpms. This happened because we were doing a tryout to see if subtle manipulation of torque during that rev range can make the AT shift earlier during lighter throttle, which was one of my requirements to Rajiv. This didn't really work, it had no impact on the AT's shift patterns. So I requested Rajiv to revert any changes in DW or any other maps to make them more linear. Rajiv was also keen on increasing the IQ and boost a little more on the mid range, to which I agreed (more power the better ).

Last edited by clevermax : 16th August 2019 at 15:20.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2019, 15:39   #787
BHPian

During last 10 days, couple of times, I noticed that the turbo spooled up little late around 1900 rpm, instead of usual 1500 rpm. Is it first sign of some turbo problem. My car is 1.6 CRDI & has done 107 k now. During last 3 days or so, no such problem faced though. What may be the issue?

Has any one encountered similar problem?
Chitta Pradhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2019, 15:51   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
During last 10 days, couple of times, I noticed that the turbo spooled up little late around 1900 rpm, instead of usual 1500 rpm. Is it first sign of some turbo problem. My car is 1.6 CRDI & has done 107 k now. During last 3 days or so, no such problem faced though. What may be the issue?
Are you observing more black smoke than usual under heavy throttle? It may be because of some boost leak in the turbo hose.

Did you observe any warnings on the speedometer cluster? If you have an OBD scanner, you could check if there are any errors logged.

Last edited by clevermax : 16th August 2019 at 16:02.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2019, 16:17   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post

Probably a hose leak somewhere or your EGR valve needs cleaning perhaps? If the boost at 1900rpm was like usual then I don't think the turbo itself is in trouble. Its feeders might need some medication.

Last edited by Reinhard : 16th August 2019 at 16:19.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2019, 00:02   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Are you observing more black smoke than usual under heavy throttle? It may be because of some boost leak in the turbo hose.

Did you observe any warnings on the speedometer cluster? If you have an OBD scanner, you could check if there are any errors logged.
No warning on speedo cluster, nor more black smokes. Will get the car checked once the problem becomes more prominent.
Chitta Pradhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2019, 19:07   #791

Quote:
Originally Posted by opiumfreak View Post
I've told the sales manager that I'd give him time till Aug 19th if I dont have the car by then I will cancel and never opt for Hyundai again.
Latest update: They are saying another 10 days more...

Conclusion : Cancelled my booking
opiumfreak is offline   Reply With Quote