Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2019, 18:40   #796

Re: Hello Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Did they give you any reason for the delay? Did you try the other dealers that was mentioned here? It seems to be specific to that dealer.
Hey thanks for checking up .

Yeah, I applied on Saturday with another dealer Talwar Hyundai Begumpet. They didn't have the SX VTVT AT petrol. I've decided to go with the fully loaded version SXO petrol AT.

They were very prompt with the paper work and just today I got a call that my car is ready for delivery tomorrow 21/08. I'm so glad I shared my experience on this post and took someone's suggestion of contacting another dealer. I wanted for nearly 25 days for a car and with the new dealer it took me just 3 days.

I'll share with you folks how the delivery process goes.

Cheers
Old 22nd August 2019, 19:48   #797

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

I wanna start by thanking all you folks at Team-BHP.

I am now the proud owner of a Verna 1.6 VTVT SX(O) AT Petrol.

Switching from Saboo to Talwar ( Begumpet - Secunderabad ) (ref for those living in Hyderabad ) was the best decision I made. They were excellent with the service provided. I thoroughly enjoyed just being in the showroom waiting for the car to be delivered leave alone how elated I felt during the celebration ceremony. Top marks for the team there.

I felt my business was respected and I felt cared for by the entire staff.

About the car, the drive has been beautiful so far. Watch this space for more updates and a review (assuming I can manage my word my thoughts elegantly).

Question :

I do have a question that Hyundai couldn't answer to my satisfaction and I'm hoping someone with experience here can help.

When I am requested to pop my trunk while entering work for inspection due to security reasons "the trunk open button on the remote does not work".

I have to use the lever beside the seat to pop the trunk ( I didn't bother sharing with security that there is a button available at the trunk itself)

When I discussed this with Hyundai they said you can't use the key to pop the trunk while in the car. I found the explanation vague or lacking information. What is the point in providing a unlock trunk button on a smart key if it doesn't open the trunk when you're in the car and the engine is running?

Hyundai's service guys said that you have to get out of the car and lock it only then the button works.

Am I missing something that has to be changed or is it a flaw in the Hyundai manufacturing system I will have to live by?

I appreciate any thoughts or inputs from you folks.

/Cheers
opiumfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 21:11   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opiumfreak View Post

Question :

I do have a question that Hyundai couldn't answer to my satisfaction and I'm hoping someone with experience here can help.

When I am requested to pop my trunk while entering work for inspection due to security reasons "the trunk open button on the remote does not work".

I have to use the lever beside the seat to pop the trunk ( I didn't bother sharing with security that there is a button available at the trunk itself)

When I discussed this with Hyundai they said you can't use the key to pop the trunk while in the car. I found the explanation vague or lacking information. What is the point in providing a unlock trunk button on a smart key if it doesn't open the trunk when you're in the car and the engine is running?

Hyundai's service guys said that you have to get out of the car and lock it only then the button works.

Am I missing something that has to be changed or is it a flaw in the Hyundai manufacturing system I will have to live by?

/Cheers
Congrats on the new car.
On your query: I don't think it is a malfunction. Even Ignis back home behaves the same [it has keyless entry - while my Verna doesn't]. You can not open the boot while you are inside the car using the keyfob.
somspaple is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 22:26   #799
BHPian

Quote:
/Cheers
I haven't tried this in a verna so am not sure, but none of the buttons on a key fob work(they shouldn't honestly) when the engine is running in most cars. I think if you switch of the engine and try it may work.
JD_404 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 22:56   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Can you tell me much more on MDPS motor why rattling and why replacement?
I don't have much idea neither did I ask why the MDPS motor is causing the rattling sound but both SAs during my 20K and 30K service immediately commented MDPS motor issue after taking test drive through a rough patch. Only after the SA told me about the MDPS motor, I revealed that I had the same issue during 20K service as well and this time he agreed to replace it instead of lubricating it. The cost was around 7K but covered under warranty.

My overall service cost came to 14K, extras being brake pad replacement @ ~Rs 900 + labour, engine decarb @ ~Rs 2K and a/c duct cleaning @ Rs 850. I asked for A/C duct cleaning hoping it is good considering the dusty and polluted environment. Brake pads on the right side had almost worn out while left side had enough to go another 2 to 3K KM. I am wondering how that could happen and SA also didn't have an answer. Engine decarb I fell for involuntarily, he said it is recommended by Hyundai at 30K intervals. Next time I will be more careful and will have the service manual handy.

Quote:
Just wanted to let all the verna users know, the Map has been updated and I have got the updated Maps loaded in my 30K service. There is no multimedia player version update. It would be great if any of the recent buyers put their multimedia player version just to cross verify if there had been any update on that. Mine is 2017 Dec vehicle and from then I haven't updated multimedia and maps. This is my first update for the maps.
My maps also got updated to v12.xx from v10.xx although I never use it. I find Google Maps with Carplay projection more convenient. Don't know of the multimedia update and never thought of it either.

Quote:
What is the point in providing a unlock trunk button on a smart key if it doesn't open the trunk when you're in the car and the engine is running?
My SX+ AT that doesn't have the keyless entry also works the same, if the key is inserted in the keyhole, the buttons on the key won't work. I am guessing it is some kind of safety mechanism and not a flaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
The car is an absolute joy to drive now. It just pulls on and on!
Great to hear and I am very tempted! Do you see any positive improvements in the diesel clatter and fuel efficiency post remap?

Last edited by X-Factor : 22nd August 2019 at 23:01.
X-Factor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 02:14   #801

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_404 View Post
I haven't tried this in a verna so am not sure, but none of the buttons on a key fob work(they shouldn't honestly) when the engine is running in most cars. I think if you switch of the engine and try it may work.
I find that funny to be honest. I own a Dzire AT and I have the liberty to pop the trunk when I pull into a hotel cause security wants to check if I am carrying any explosives in the trunk (pun intended)

If I can do it in the Dzire and other cars I've driven why would Hyundai not think it was a feasible feature to have. Just thinking out loud .
Old 23rd August 2019, 10:23   #802
BHPian

Quote:

/Cheers
One possibility that I could think is, as it is a smart key there could be a slim chance of someone opening up the trunk accidentally when the car is in motion. At the same time, they could have enabled this when car is in neutral and handbrake been engaged.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 19:09   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
I'm looking to upgrade the lights on Verna [planning to replace Halogen bulbs with 35W HID Kit]- can anybody suggest a good place to buy Osram HID Kit?
I guess, I am 3 months too late to respond . But I still feel it is worth it to call out my experience of upgrading to OSRAM HID Kit.

Had mentioned in one of my earlier posts about upgrading to a HID -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4296351 (The 5th-Gen Hyundai Verna: 1st Ownership Review)

Was very happy initially - the headlight was amply bright with the HIDs that highway drive was far less stressful. However, the issue with single barrel projector set up with HIDs is the moment you blink the lights during day (when the headlights are off by default), either the ballast or the bulb itself fails. If there's a dedicated separate bulb set up for high-beam and the projectors are only low beam (like in XUV 500), then it is a very different story.

This happened with me 3 times within the first 6 months of installation. Being unaware of this issue, I would use dipper during day, and find that one of my bulbs won't light up !! OSRAM dealer here in Hyd is exceptionally customer-centric, I must say. He changed the kit every time I went with a faulty one (within the warranty). When it happened for the 4th time, I lost my patience and got it removed once and for all, and went for a brighter halogen option. It is later that I learnt about the reason from CarLoverJosh, when I broached this topic with him over a phone call.

Would like to know about experts' experiences here. Is there a fool proof way to install HID in a single barrel headlight set up??
RaghuChn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 13:29   #804
BHPian

Gear Lock for Verna - Automatic

Hello Folks, need your expert advise on a Gear Lock for the Verna - Automatic. I realised that from a security point of view, the gear lock beats everything else hands down, without messing around with the car circuitry.

I was initially planning a Phoenix GPS Tracker, but feel that a GPS tracker is not really an anti-theft device. Of course, it has an immobiliser feature, but that would mess up with the car wiring, and may result into the warranty getting void. Plus the wise car jackers would know the usual places of a tracker, and may drive off after chucking it away. Therefore, I have decided upon a gear lock.

On this, my queries for your guidance and views are as follows:

1. Do we have the option to install a Gear Lock on the Verna Automatic?

2. If yes, is there an option of both the kind of gear-locks: U-type as well as the Pin-type?

Look forward to your advise on this. Many thanks!
Old 2nd September 2019, 16:17   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
No day a Petrol Verna will give upwards of 12kmpl in the city and 16kmpl on the highway.
Hi Aditya

Agree with your broad views - regular city driving is normally between 9-11.5 kmpl for sure.

Happily though, I find that the Verna Petrol returns about 15 kmpl on a road like NH 8 - Delhi to Gurgaon, Sundays only On the Delhi-Agra Taj Expressway, it gave me upto 19-20 kmpl. The key in both cases is to use cruise control to the max.
Old 2nd September 2019, 16:41   #806
Senior - BHPian

Verna SX+ AT 1.6D 27000 Kms update

My car has run 27k Kms now. I have only one negative point to highlight - vibrations.
The car is a vibration hell during idling. Vibrations on the steering, door, pedals and seat are totally unacceptable for a car in this segment. The vibrations increase to a higher level when I put the gear lever into 'D' from 'N' and still keep the car braked. If there's one reason for me to sell this car off, that would be the vibrations. As per reviews, Honda City Diesel is bad in NVH - now I am eager to compare both and see which one is worse!

Everything else is just perfect so far. FE has been a constant 12-13 kmpl in city, 16+ on highways. No uneven tire wear, no suspension issues, no rattling noises, no nothing.

Wolf has made the car a joy to drive - running at an estimated ~160bhp @ ~4k rpm / 320 Nm torque @~2k rpm.

I checked with few other Verna D owners and they all complain about vibrations, so I assume that it is not something that my car developed after the remap. There is actually a slow but gradual increase in the vibration levels as the car clocks more and more kilometers. The 10 year old Punto has less vibrations in its steering and seats.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_404 View Post
In the case of SX or lower variants, the boot opening button doesn't work when the key is inserted into the ignition. You've to either take the key out of the keyhole and press the button or use the lever on the floor to open the boot.

Last edited by clevermax : 2nd September 2019 at 17:00.
Old 3rd September 2019, 21:19   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuChn View Post
I guess, I am 3 months too late to respond . But I still feel it is worth it to call out my experience of upgrading to OSRAM HID Kit.

NP. Thanks for your feedback.
I'm still trying to source genuine Moromoto kit but looks like even the authorised dealers do not have the required stocks [Looking for 35W Ballasts with 4300K temp bulbs]. Let's see where it ends.

To ensure safe 'pass' beam operation - ballasts are supposed to contain bulb strike protection - not sure OSRAM kit includes this.
Old 4th September 2019, 10:10   #808
BHPian

Can someone suggest options for,

* (Only) Headlight upgrade for SX(O) Diesel with stock fittings

* Wiper blades (brand / frameless or with frame)

Thanks in advance!
Old 4th September 2019, 20:35   #809
BANNED

Next generation Hyundai Verna images surfaced online.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-70424370_2637044579679747_6409601492226932736_n.jpg
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-69746402_2637044533013085_1721501202375507968_n.jpg
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-69468381_2637044643013074_4985207757813579776_n.jpg
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-69398673_2637044523013086_4151875413947187200_n.jpg

Mod Note: Posted here because couldn't find any relevant thread, move to relevant thread if any.

Source: Auto Punditz FB
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 14:25   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone suggest options for,

* (Only) Headlight upgrade for SX(O) Diesel with stock fittings

* Wiper blades (brand / frameless or with frame)

Thanks in advance!
You can try Osram HID Lights. I have upgraded mine before taking delivery and so far, Happy with it.

Stock Blades are really good. I can't really complain on that. But yes, I am also looking for some options if any.
yogesh12 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks