Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 5th September 2019, 14:49   #811
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Next generation Hyundai Verna images surfaced online.
By chance does anyone know when the particular guy/lady heading the "grille design module" is retiring? Thats our only hope. Nobody else is going to hire/poach him/her from Hyundai and till that time when he/she retires - these ghastly cascaded grilles will continue to get worse...These grilles are making a mess of what are otherwise superb well designed and proportionate cars! Current Verna, Creta are good. But Santro, i10NIOS, xCent, Venue...And now this Verna sample - Oh my eyes!
Old 6th September 2019, 06:38   #812
BHPian

I'm planning to buy a car in 10-11L range with 95% city use (might never see highways) with about 1000kms a month.
I'm considering Verna SX petrol, ciaz, yaris (discounts are tempting). How is Verna petrol? What's the avg. fuel efficiency that you get and what's the servicing cost?

TIA
Old 6th September 2019, 09:00   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh12 View Post
You can try Osram HID Lights. I have upgraded mine before taking delivery and so far, Happy with it.

Stock Blades are really good. I can't really complain on that. But yes, I am also looking for some options if any.
Thanks for the reply.

Can you let me know the OSRAM HID Model / Spec that you have upgraded to? Also does that fit to the stock more off headlamp plug and play?
Old 9th September 2019, 12:59   #814
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Tanay Chaturvedi for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

A 2-month-old Hyundai Verna caught fire near Prayagraj, UP.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-verna-fire-1.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-verna-fire-2.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-verna-fire-3.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-verna-fire-4.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-verna-fire-5.jpg
Old 9th September 2019, 17:19   #815

Glad to know everyone got out safe.
There is a recall in US and other countries for fire hazard in Hyundai Vehicles but there is no mention of Accent/Verna/Solaris (different brand names of Verna).

Link to news
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-k...-idUSKCN1QH2EB

But that doesn't mean it's not related.

There are no Hyundai Verna 2017, 2018 or 2019 model recalls related to fire, issued by Hyundai or NHTSA.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/
Old 14th September 2019, 15:38   #816
BHPian

I am currently facing a peculiar issue with my infotainment system in my new Verna.

Whenever I make a call, while a song is being played, I am not able to hear the song after cutting the call although the song keeps playing. I would have remove and insert the USB again to hear the song.

Is this normal or being faced by anyone else?
Old 14th September 2019, 21:15   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
I am currently facing a peculiar issue with my infotainment system in my new Verna.

Whenever I make a call, while a song is being played, I am not able to hear the song after cutting the call although the song keeps playing. I would have remove and insert the USB again to hear the song.

Yes. Same issue. Easier work around is to press the mute button and then press it again, no need to remove USB drive. This seems to be a bug.
NutsNBolts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 21:16   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post

This is a common problem as far as I know. You don't need to remove and reinsert USB, rather you can mute / unmute (either on the infotainment or through steering control by pressing the volume button down) you will able to hear the song playing again. This issue happens almost 99% of time for me except rarely sometime it works. Not sure though what could be the issue.

I enquired with ASS for any upgrade on the multimedia software version a month back during my 30K service but they told they haven't received any.

I have tried resetting the player, tried different USB device etc but still this happens. So probably we got to live with this issue for now.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 21:23   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Can someone suggest options for,

* Wiper blades (brand / frameless or with frame)

Thanks in advance!
I am planning to buy out Bosch Aerotwin / Clear Advantage (24 / 16) wipers on Verna. I could find aerotwin in Boodmo website cost around 1400/- approx

In amazon I could find Bosch Clear Advantage (24 / 16) for 750/-

Has anyone used Aerotwin / Clear Advantage? Any feedback on which one to pick for verna nextgen?
Old 15th September 2019, 15:22   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to Tanay Chaturvedi for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

A 2-month-old Hyundai Verna caught fire near Prayagraj, UP.
This is shocking. Glad that people could escape from the vehicle.

But what is the follow up? Any updates? Is there any official response from Hyundai?
Old 15th September 2019, 21:24   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
I'm planning to buy a car in 10-11L range with 95% city use (might never see highways) with about 1000kms a month.
I'm considering Verna SX petrol, ciaz, yaris (discounts are tempting). How is Verna petrol? What's the avg. fuel efficiency that you get and what's the servicing cost?
TIA
My Verna SX(O) MT (Petrol) turned one a few weeks back. My daily commute is 15-16kms. Within city limits, in low traffic conditions, I get 13.5-14.5 kmpl & in medium to high traffic it ranges between 10.5-11.5 kmpl. These are figures without AC usage. I don't use the AC much but generally with AC, the FE takes a hit of about 0.5-1 kmpl depending on traffic. These are MID readings & I've found the them to be fairly accurate. Note that I try to drive with a light foot within city limits.

On highways / occasional airport trips the FE ranges between 15-18 kmpl depending on AC usage. Overall, I get an average FE in the range of 12.5-13 kmpl.

In terms of servicing, I've only just had the first major one which was the 10,000 kms / 1 year service. The bill came to Rs. 1402/-. I was very particular with the service advisor to do just the necessary things with absolutely no extras. The servicing was carried out at Lakshmi Hyundai. I've attached a scanned image of the bill for reference.

I'm extremely happy with the purchase & it's been a great first year driving around in the Verna, with absolutely no issues to report. At the time of purchasing the car I felt like it was the best offering in this segment & I don't think much has changed since then. No car is perfect but this ticks most of the right boxes. If you can compromise on the rear seat space, I would totally recommend the Verna. Note that the seats themselves are pretty comfortable, albiet set a bit low; the leg room is just about adequate.

Name:  Eggsy_Servicing_10k.PNG
Views: 2802
Size:  88.5 KB
red.devil_19 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 12:31   #822

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

Can you let me know the OSRAM HID Model / Spec that you have upgraded to? Also does that fit to the stock more off headlamp plug and play?
Hey.

Its DHB3 35W and yes i got the frameless wiper blade too, but cant see much difference. The pressure of which it wipes is also not that great (or atleast what I feel).

It costed me 1200 INR and got Bosch Blades. HID Costed 12500 NR.
yogesh12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 00:04   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh12 View Post
Hey.

Its DHB3 35W and yes i got the frameless wiper blade too, but can't see much difference. The pressure of which it wipes is also not that great (or atleast what I feel).

It costed me 1200 INR and got Bosch Blades. HID Costed 12500 NR.
Thanks for the information. Can we fix it our self DHB3 or did you get it fixed elsewhere? I had a look at the video for Creta where it was said we got to drill a hole on the protection cap of the head light. Is this the same in Verna as well?

Finally, is this the one have bought? Amazon Link

Thanks in advance for the information.
Old 26th September 2019, 21:17   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Can we fix it our self DHB3 or did you get it fixed elsewhere? I had a look at the video for Creta where it was said we got to drill a hole on the protection cap of the head light. Is this the same in Verna as well?

Thanks in advance for the information.
Yes, even in case of Verna you would have to drill a hole in the dust cap. However, most of the reputed HID kits come with rubber grommet that helps in sealing the hole. There are enough videos online which depict this.
somspaple is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 20:45   #825
BHPian

Had a weekend trip and the mileage figures throughout the trip were impressive. By end of the trip, total kms driven was 436 kms and diesel consumed was 17.44 lit. Mileage is 25 kmpl. This is 2nd highest for me. Couple of weeks back in another trip I have got 28.15 kmpl (249.7 kms with 8.87 lit of diesel). Pic of the MID half way through the trip.

Name:  WhatsApp Image 20190929 at 7.38.48 AM.jpeg
Views: 1684
Size:  28.1 KB

Most Viewed