Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2019, 12:50   #856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Seems, your car has taken in some serious damage. Hope you are safe brother. How fast were you? Take care and update us on your repair quest.
I am safe brother. Was just shaking due to adrenaline rush perhaps? It was at best crawl speed when i had banged against a pole. Just guessing 5 to 10 kmph. Was just taking out from parking when this happened.

Just worried about the build quality. Imagine if it had happened at 40 kmph. The damage could have been significant.
Old 12th November 2019, 13:36   #857
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
But I am told it will cost approx 60000 and I will need to pay around 3000 out of my own pocket since I am going to get it done via insurance
60000 INR seems to be much on the higher side. Did you get the split up of the quote? I hope a huge part of the cost is that of the projector and DRL unit. Still it is only of one side. There is bumper and the fog-lamp socket. The fog lamp is also a projector unit in Verna. So, that also must be costing high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
A lot of Verna owners have been complaining about the brakes getting jammed and causing accidents. Does this issue still exist in 2019 model vernas also? I was thinking of getting a Verna but now I am not so sure. It seems this issue exists in the Creta as well.
I haven't felt any jamming in the 14500 kms I have driven the Verna. Mine is a 2019 model.
And, in any speed till 100 kms, the brake works well too. In unanticipated braking also, in any sane speed, it works fine. Rest depends... I required only one sharp braking so far, and it was fine. But the speed was not much anyway.

Quote:
I am safe brother. Was just shaking due to adrenaline rush perhaps? It was at best crawl speed when i had banged against a pole. Just guessing 5 to 10 kmph. Was just taking out from parking when this happened.

Just worried about the build quality. Imagine if it had happened at 40 kmph. The damage could have been significant.
Even if there is not much speed, it can cause this much damage. It depends, I think, on how much we keep pushing the throttle after the bumper touches the wall. Does it really speak of the build quality? But yes, in Verna, I felt the panels are of "softer" surface.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 17:51   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
My intention was to try out and get a taste of LED headlamps, good learning.
I have been meaning to try LED headlamps myself but I was too skeptical of removing the headlamp cluster or getting it done via a mechanic. But if it is as simple as a plug and play, I might want to try it too.

Can you share the link for AliExpress?
Old 12th November 2019, 19:44   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
I have been meaning to try LED headlamps myself but I was too skeptical of removing the headlamp cluster or getting it done via a mechanic. But if it is as simple as a plug and play, I might want to try it too.

Can you share the link for AliExpress?
LED bulbs inside these projectors are absolutely useless. You need to swap those Halogen Projectors for BiLED Projectors. I have done it and the difference is night and day.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 10:21   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
LED bulbs inside these projectors are absolutely useless. You need to swap those Halogen Projectors for BiLED Projectors. I have done it and the difference is night and day.
Can you share some pictures of the results? Also, how is the swap done? Sounds like tedious process.
Can you share cost for the same?
Old 13th November 2019, 10:36   #861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
That is absolutely true. The primary reason for that is the distance of the filament / LED chip from the base ring of the bulb. If the LED chip is at the same distance as the original halogen bulb's filament - the LED output from the same projector will be good.

But generally that isn't the case. The LED chips tend to be at a slightly different position & the projector lenses simply don't focus at that point. Hence the scattered light all over the place.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 08:23   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
Can you share some pictures of the results? Also, how is the swap done? Sounds like tedious process.
Can you share cost for the same?

Here you go, hope these are helpful.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4497815 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4532769 (Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades)

Last edited by drhoneycake : 16th November 2019 at 08:26.
Old 19th November 2019, 01:20   #863
BHPian

Morimoto 35W, 4300K HID Kit

This is the kit:

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20191018_142814.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20191018_143906_2.jpg

All pics shot at f1.9, 1/125 S and ISO800 from the same mobile cam:

Low Beam : Halogen and HID
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-l0.jpg
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-l01.jpg

High Beam : Halogen and HID
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-l1.jpg
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-l1.1.jpg

@Office parking lot, lighting conditions weren't good [well lit]
Low Beam : Halogen and HID
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-l2.jpg
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-l2.1.jpg

High Beam : Halogen and HID
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-l3.jpg
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-l3.1.jpg

Yet to take it on a night highway drive - but for now it looks good.
Start-up time seems to have improved after few initial power ups. It turns to full bright probably in 4 seconds.

Last edited by somspaple : 19th November 2019 at 01:38.
somspaple is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 10:25   #864

Hello Verna fraternity,
I've run into a peculiar issue. Every time I press the brakes while going over a bump or a pothole, something seems to be hitting/brushing something underneath. Have no clue what both those 'somethings' are. Happens only when I hit the brake whilst moving over a bump or going through a pothole.

Have any of you experienced this? Is this something I need to be concerned about ?
Old 19th November 2019, 17:02   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlocksride View Post
Hello Verna fraternity,
I've run into a peculiar issue. Every time I press the brakes while going over a bump or a pothole, something seems to be hitting/brushing something underneath. Have no clue what both those 'somethings' are. Happens only when I hit the brake whilst moving over a bump or going through a pothole.

Have any of you experienced this? Is this something I need to be concerned about ?
Happens with me every time i go over a speed breaker or a pothole while braking at the same time, especially when I am braking hard. I thought it must be the front brake assembly that giving the noise. So did not give it much thought since the brakes were working fine after that.
Old 19th November 2019, 17:15   #866

Quote:
Happens with me every time i go over a speed breaker or a pothole while braking at the same time, especially when I am braking hard. I thought it must be the front brake assembly that giving the noise. So did not give it much thought since the brakes were working fine after that.
Glad to know I'm not the only one. I had no clue how to explain it to the service center and they couldn't reproduce the noise either. Ironically, it happened again just as I was leaving the service garage
Old 19th November 2019, 19:17   #867
BHPian

Do you feel pulses from brake pedal? If yes, it is mostly ABS kicking in. Please try and get used to it because both Verna and Creta (IMHO) are finicky while using brakes on broken roads/loose soil.

I found an open ground with loose soil near my home and went there a couple of times to get used to this ABS pulses
Old 20th November 2019, 09:48   #868

Pardon my lack of knowledge but what is an ABS pulse? Is the phenomenon damaging the brake pads in any way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
Do you feel pulses from brake pedal? If yes, it is mostly ABS kicking in. Please try and get used to it because both Verna and Creta (IMHO) are finicky while using brakes on broken roads/loose soil.

I found an open ground with loose soil near my home and went there a couple of times to get used to this ABS pulses
Old 21st November 2019, 09:30   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlocksride View Post
Pardon my lack of knowledge but what is an ABS pulse? Is the phenomenon damaging the brake pads in any way?
With my earlier experience with Honda City to the current experience with Hyundai Verna, the number of times that ABS kicking in while breaking is much higher with Verna.

Not sure if you are feeling the ABS kicking in as something brushing over.

You can try this, go on a decent speed and break in slowly vs decent speed and a hard braking. If you don't feel anything odd in the earlier case and the feel of brushing in the later. Then its ABS and it's absolutely normal. Every one of us should have faced this and this is absolutely normal.

Another check that you can do is, check your disk on both the sides to see if there are any marks of friction on it. Sometime if the brake shoe's are completely worn out or about to, they rub hard on the disk and that sometime given your a brushing feel.

Hope this helps.
Old 21st November 2019, 16:31   #870
BHPian

Re: Morimoto 35W, 4300K HID Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
Start-up time seems to have improved after few initial power ups. It turns to full bright probably in 4 seconds.
Looks like a perfect set-up, good output in images!

Can you share the equipment list, how much it cost you and where did you get this installed?

Did you face any issues in installation process?

Cheers

Most Viewed