Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2020, 19:32   #901
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlocksride View Post
Have no doubt - I absolutely love the New Verna! My only 2 complaints since I got it 5 months back have been - Poor braking and low FE. I figured out the FE part though. Turns out the low 7-8 kmph I was getting earlier was largely due to me being too enthusiastic about the AT coupled with the awesome engine! I've learnt to be a lot more gentle and the FE is hovering around 10-11 in daily city traffic.
Don't regret your decision. It's a great car with better than average handling and ride quality. It's fully kitted. The sunroof allows the cabin to feel airy. It's fast and quite the looker. Hyundai service is right up there with the best.

Congratulations and all the best!
Thanks @Sherlocksride

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuChn View Post
3. The lock / unlock beeps can not be turned off, unless you disconnect the dedicated buzzer. And if you do that, then the burglar alarm will be muted too. *Part solution* - While locking, just open one of the rear doors, lock the car with the key fob and then close the door. You get rid of at least 1 beep this way
That helps. Thanks. I don't want to mess up any core functionality of the car. My previous care have been a quite one when it comes to lock. Verna beeps are like an announcement to all. Sad but true.

Quote:
4. I would say HMP (Eekkatuthangal). Although, the last I went to them was a while ago (almost 2 yrs), I don't quite think that their customer-centric DNA would have changed (and that's a rarity in Chennai).
Yes, HMP was my choice too. Now, can't wait for the car delivery.

I have been reading your ownership thread and got to learn many things about the car and other's interaction. Thanks.
Old 18th January 2020, 08:55   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Advaith Hyundai ORR is a pretty decent one - I get my Verna SX(O) 1.6D serviced from there occasionally, when it becomes due for a service while I am in Bangalore. They also used to do my Elite i20 1.4 CRDi (Asta). Net-net its been almost 4 years of trouble free relationship.

You could connect with Mr. Sudhakar, 9902098852. He is the one that took care of my cars (the last I went to him was in mid 2019). He is fairly reasonable and reliable. You could use my reference (Raghavan from Hyderabad, White Verna).
Thanks a lot for the information and thanks for sharing your reference as well. This is something I have been looking for quite sometime. I am very near to Advaith Hyundai in Whitefield but I think I shall give it a try with Advaith Hyundai in ORR with the contact that you have shared. I am due for 40K service in another couple of months and I will use your reference that time. Thanks once again!

Quote:
I had Royal Sundaram last year too. Never had to claim, so can't comment. However, I renewed with New India Assurance (for a freak reason that I don't even remember now), and unfortunately had to claim a couple of months ago, for front bumper change. If anything - please avoid NIA - even if it comes at half the premium.
Could not answer your question, but just told you where not to go!!
My first year was with ICICI and second year I changed to Royal Sundaram. I haven't had any claim and got my third year renewed with them.
I had couple of my friends with NIA and Oriental Insurance though their premium was much lesser they had to go lot of pain when it comes to claim. So I usually avoid them. With my earlier cars and current I have been hanging around with Tata AIG, ICICI, Royal Sundaram.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 20th January 2020 at 13:21. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 20th January 2020, 11:09   #903
MCR
BHPian

The Auto AC sensor has gone faulty on my New Gen Verna. This is what the service center told me yesterday when I took the car to them with a non working AC.
They ran a self diagnostic on the AC unit ( which threw out a code "18") and told me that the complete unit needs replacement.

The biggest botheration now is that they need to remove the dashboard to carry out this replacement under warranty.

Unacceptable level of quality from Hyundai.
MCR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 12:48   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
The Auto AC sensor has gone faulty on my New Gen Verna. This is what the service center told me yesterday when I took the car to them with a non working AC.
They ran a self diagnostic on the AC unit ( which threw out a code "18") and told me that the complete unit needs replacement.

The biggest botheration now is that they need to remove the dashboard to carry out this replacement under warranty.

Unacceptable level of quality from Hyundai.
Ooops! Did they give any potential reason why this would have gone faulty? Is there any other such instance that they have handled for Verna prior to you on the New Gen Verna. Just to understand the root cause and how wide spread this issue is. Also, how old is your car?

Definitely concerning predominantly,

1. Quality from Hyundai
2. The level of perfection that service center guys will do this kind of activity.

Possible for you to keep us posted on the updates around this? I checked with one of the service center in Bangalore and they told me nothing of this sort been reported yet.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 21:04   #905
BHPian

Quote:
For a faulty Auto AC "sensor", do they have to replace the entire AC unit needs to be replaced? And, that too, by removing the dashboard? I have doubts if the AC unit fixed in this way.
Is it possible for you to get a cross-checking done from another service centre?
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 13:03   #906
MCR
BHPian

Got my Car back on Tuesday evening. the AC works perfectly now. Also got some interior cleaning and exterior polishing done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Ooops! Did they give any potential reason why this would have gone faulty?

No reason given. Had sent a mail to Hyundai asking for the reason and they in-turn forwarded it back to the service center. So no hopes of getting any feedback from Hyundai on this topic.

My car is close to two years of age now.

This issue was common in Fluidic Verna it seems. This is what the mechanic who was working on the car told me. As soon as he checked the "Gas (read as refrigerant)" in the system and found it to be ok, he was able to pin point the sensor. Also the DTC (Diagnostic Test Code) on the unit confirmed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
For a faulty Auto AC "sensor", do they have to replace the entire AC unit needs to be replaced? A
Yes. The service center tried to short the AC sensor to get the AC unit working but it did not help. So eventually the sensor was replaced.

Last edited by MCR : 24th January 2020 at 13:04.
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 15:26   #907
BHPian

Absence of Brake Dust

Has anybody noticed the absence of brake dust on New Gen Verna. Be it after a long drive or a short spirited drive, I've never found any brake dust on my car's alloys?

Mine is an automatic and I was expecting to see higher amount of brake dust - as in torque converters we can hardly utilize any engine braking unlike manual. Not sure if it is limited to my car or it is the case of every Verna? Anybody else noticed this on their cars?
Old 24th January 2020, 17:40   #908
BANNED

Re: Absence of Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
Has anybody noticed the absence of brake dust on New Gen Verna. Be it after a long drive or a short spirited drive, I've never found any brake dust on my car's alloys?
Neither have I ever seen brake dust on the alloys on my Creta. Both, when it was stock pads for the first 20,000 kms and post swapping it with Brembo's with 50,000 kms done on them.

I think brake dust is more on ceramic pads. OEM ones hardly have the brake dust issue. Even in my Swift, it was less of it.
Old 24th January 2020, 20:03   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Our i20 Elite Asta CRDi bought in Mar 2015 that has covered 186500+ Kms had faced same problem of blowing only hot air last year (The AC Compressor would not turn on irrespective of set temperature).

I took the car to my known AC Mechanic who replaced the AC Sensor which is present inside AC Compressor. He just removed the AC Compressor from car and replaced the AC Sensor which cost @ Rs. 1800-1850/- and Gas Refilling Rs. 1600/- + Labour taking total to Rs. 4000/-

This is without removing Dashboard.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 20:22   #910
BHPian

Re: Absence of Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Neither have I ever seen brake dust on the alloys on my Creta. Both, when it was stock pads for the first 20,000 kms and post swapping it with Brembo's with 50,000 kms done on them.

I think brake dust is more on ceramic pads. OEM ones hardly have the brake dust issue. Even in my Swift, it was less of it.
Could be, not sure though. On our earlier cars [Zen and wagonR] and Fiat Punto it was common phenomenon after a long / spirited drive.
Old 27th January 2020, 15:16   #911

Hi all, I am new to the Verna thread. I'm looking for some guidelines regarding Dashcams, if anyone has installed it for their vehicle. I was told by the dealer that warranty won't be affected if wires for installation are joined using connectors, rather than cutting and joining. At the Hyundai service centre in Okhla phase 1, Delhi, I was told that any electrical modification would void the warranty. Now I am confused whether to invest on this or not. I had started considering the dashcam since my parking is in a shared spot and I have already been at the receiving end of a fender bender while parked overnight.
Old 27th January 2020, 16:47   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuSuresh View Post
... I'm looking for some guidelines regarding Dashcams, if anyone has installed it for their vehicle....
I've installed a dashcam from a company celled Azdome [got it from aliexpress]. It has a 'parked mode' as well [starts recording for a minute after it senses an impact]. Camera comes with suction cup and it is a fairly easy DIY install in Verna by concealing USB cable in the trim. It can draw power from the USB socket on the dash or cigarette lighter adapter.

Last edited by somspaple : 27th January 2020 at 16:49.
Old 31st January 2020, 18:35   #913

The Curious Case of the Verna Door
Dear Verna Fraternity,
I carpool to work everyday with me being the ride giver in my Verna. The one thing that has become a routine is me asking a fellow passenger to "Close the door properly" when they get in and close the door. I initially thought it had to do with their lack of strength or intent but it's been a non-stop event every day since the September. The regular riders just bang the door since they know how my door responds otherwise .

Have any of you faced this issue with the door not closing properly unless banged properly? My earlier cars (Brio & Corolla) never had this issue. Is this typical of the Verna or do I need to get it checked?

Thank you
Old 31st January 2020, 18:45   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlocksride View Post
The Curious Case of the Verna Door
Do you suffer this issue only when all other doors are closed? try with at least one
other door open and let us know.
shady_lawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 19:05   #915

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
Do you suffer this issue only when all other doors are closed? Try with at least one other door open and let us know.
Sure, will do. May I ask what the rationale behind this test is?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks