Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2020, 19:58   #916
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlocksride View Post
The Curious Case of the Verna Door
Dear Verna Fraternity,
I carpool to work everyday with me being the ride giver in my Verna. The one thing that has become a routine is me asking a fellow passenger to "Close the door properly" when they get in and close the door. I initially thought it had to do with their lack of strength or intent but it's been a non-stop event every day since the September. The regular riders just bang the door since they know how my door responds otherwise .

Have any of you faced this issue with the door not closing properly unless banged properly? My earlier cars (Brio & Corolla) never had this issue. Is this typical of the Verna or do I need to get it checked?

Thank you
Do you have this issue with all the doors?

I haven't had this issue but I commute alone most of the time and weekends with family. I don't remember having any issue. I shall check all my doors and let you know.
Old 1st February 2020, 20:23   #917

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Do you have this issue with all the doors?
Yes! All the doors except minr, perhaps because I've grown to use the exact amount of force required after using it for 5 months.
sherlocksride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 11:36   #918

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
Do you suffer this issue only when all other doors are closed? try with at least one
other door open and let us know.
your hypothesis was right! The issue doesn't occur when another door is open. What's the physics behind this? Is something not working the way it should?

Thank you for your response
sherlocksride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 19:31   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Yes! All the doors except minr, perhaps because I've grown to use the exact amount of force required after using it for 5 months.
I checked in mine.. Below are the findings..

a) My rear doors takes less effort when compared to the front doors - Reason could be the front doors are bit heavier than the rear.

b) But none of the doors takes a real slamming to get it closed.

c) The amount of force it takes varies when all the door closed vs all the doors open - Possible reason could be the air binding effect that gets created when all the doors are closed and one kept open [ Just my thoughts I might be wrong as well, apologies in advance if this is not correct ]

After posting this comment when I was going over google on this found below research papers on this,

http://ieomsociety.org/dc2018/papers/86.pdf
http://airccse.org/journal/ijci/papers/4215ijci01.pdf

I just had a quick view of the first paper (not in detail and yet to go through 2nd link)

Last edited by hardilip : 2nd February 2020 at 19:53. Reason: To add additional information
hardilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 19:44   #920
BHPian

Quote:
your hypothesis was right!
Quote:
Possible reason could be the air binding effect]
It just means that the volume of air being pulled into the car with the door closing has no where to go. Happens in my humbly alto all the time! cheers. Enjoy your car now and some ice cream!
shady_lawyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 09:34   #921

Quote:
I checked in mine.. Below are the findings..
Thank you guys for the response. Guess I've found one more use for the sunroof now - A very functional one too :-)
sherlocksride is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 13:37   #922

Dear all,
I own New gen Verna CDRi 1.6 SX (O), 2018 Model.
I need to know whether following specifications are present in my car. These specifications are not mentioned in catalogue or official website or user manual.

1. Hill start assist
2. EBD
3. ESC/ESP
4. Turbocharger
ybgavali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 08:00   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybgavali View Post
1. Hill start assist
2. EBD
3. ESC/ESP
4. Turbocharger

1. No
2. Yes
3. No
4. Yes

Source: https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/find-a-car/verna/features

And my car manual.
carnutfrombanga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 11:42   #924
BHPian

Anyone has changed the battery in Next Gen Verna?

Just want to get a view how long the factory fitted one comes.

I have a SX(O) Diesel, factory fitted with Amaron battery, 2.3 years old with 37500 kms approx.

I had Honda City prior to this and I have changed the battery around 3.3 years.
Old 18th February 2020, 11:44   #925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone has changed the battery in Next Gen Verna?

Just want to get a view how long the factory fitted one comes.

I have a SX(O) Diesel, factory fitted with Amaron battery, 2.3 years old with 37500 kms approx.

I had Honda City prior to this and I have changed the battery around 3.3 years.
Amarons would usually last around 3.5 to 4 years, however, they have been known to last quite a bit longer if you are lucky.

I usually change mine at around this time on a pre-emptive basis, since I am a trifle paranoid about the battery dying on me. You could wait it out though, and check for any tell tale signs for battery weakening such as dimming lights etc., if you are more adventurous
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 17:17   #926

Having gone through the last few pages of this thread and I thought of penning down my experience on handling the below issues with my my 2017 SXO Diesel Verna

1. Steering assembly wobbles under hard braking conditions - The front right disc brake was badly rusted and was the cause. I had to replace it as per the advice from the Service Advisor. I wonder how the same thing happened to other Verna's as well. A quality defect ?

2. The Rear Right right doors mostly does not close in one-go. They will finally close in second or third attempt. I do car pooling with my colleague and he is really annoyed with this. Read the comments on this, still trying to figure out

3. The driver door/window frame does rattle too much every time the car goes on bad roads (not the big potholes, but kind of bad roads). I have had this issue right from my 13th day of ownership. The Service centre guys still could not provide a permanent fix to this, every time I complain, they just do their "Magic" as they could never find the exact issue, works for 2-3 days and the rattling noise appears again ... I believe the window frame beading to be the cause ... let me know your kind advice on this.

Regards
Ravi CK
Ravi_CK234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 23:23   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Amarons would usually last around 3.5 to 4 years, however, they have been known to last quite a bit longer if you are lucky.

I usually change mine at around this time on a pre-emptive basis, since I am a trifle paranoid about the battery dying on me. You could wait it out though, and check for any tell tale signs for battery weakening such as dimming lights etc., if you are more adventurous
Actually I haven't thought about this until one of my colleague told he has changed his battery in vento 2nd time in the span of 4 years. He was questioning me if batteries last only 2 years (he was using exide). Hence I thought I will make a preemptive enquiry .

By the way, thanks for your reply going by your experience, I have atleast another 2 years before I could think of changing one. (touch wood!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi_CK234 View Post
Having gone through the last few pages of this thread and I thought of penning down my experience on handling the below issues with my my 2017 SXO Diesel Verna
1) I had a similar steering wobbling issue. I have raised with my service advisor, first time he has surfaced the disc and asked me to check. It wasn't working for longer when I went for the 2nd time (in couple of weeks), he has replaced the disc under warranty. I would have driven around 20K+ kms during the time when I changed the disc under warranty. According to me, the disc usually last longer (atleast 50K+ kms). Did you check with your service advisor if he could replace under warranty? I am not sure how much kms you have driven. Mine is Dec 2017 vehicle hence I assume its too early for the disc to worn out.

2) Rear right doors closing issue has been raised earlier as well in this thread. Not sure if yours also falls under the same. Alternatively you could raise this with your service advisor where there could fix the alignment of the door and sometimes it fixes the issue

3) I have a similar rattling in mine as well (SX-O Diesel). I have been raising this every time when I go for service and never they have given me a permanent fix for this. What irritates me more is when I raise this rattling issue, they wouldn't even bother to go for a TD to understand the rattling neither delivers me with a TD back assuring its fixed. Even if I force for TD before or after the service, they will have a template answers like, "we know the rattling its common in verna we will fix it" and "issue is fixed drive and come back in case if you have the problem again". I have my 40K service in April, I will raise this again, will keep you posted on this. In case if you get fixed update me back

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st February 2020 at 21:40. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
Old 22nd February 2020, 20:13   #928
BHPian

From last 2 days, I am getting a kind coarse sound from front after 60 kmph, which seems to me as if it is coming from the worn out wheel bearings. I can even sense some feeble vibrations in clutch pedal after 80 kmph or so. Could it be due to something else? My car has done 117 k now. Has any one experienced this? Any inputs please.
Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 23:58   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
From last 2 days, I am getting a kind coarse sound from front after 60 kmph, which seems to me as if it is coming from the worn out wheel bearings. I can even sense some feeble vibrations in clutch pedal after 80 kmph or so. Could it be due to something else? My car has done 117 k now. Has any one experienced this? Any inputs please.
Thanks
Raise the front wheels (one by one) on the jack and rotate tyres by hand and check for any grinding noise.

Also raise the engine rpm passed 2000 to see if you can hear the coarse sound.

Vibrations on clutch pedal, do you experience loss of power during daily driving or during situations like overtaking?
nsbhagwat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 09:23   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Raise the front wheels (one by one) on the jack and rotate tyres by hand and check for any grinding noise.

Also raise the engine rpm passed 2000 to see if you can hear the coarse sound.

Vibrations on clutch pedal, do you experience loss of power during daily driving or during situations like overtaking?
No loss of power. The coarseness is not linked to engine rpm either. Will get the car checked tomorrow at HASS.

Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks