Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2021, 17:46   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Completing 3 years with the Verna (SX(O) - Petrol - MT) this week.

Over past couple of months, there was a low noise from the steering while turning, at low speeds. On inspection the service center said the EPS motor has to be replaced. It was replaced under warranty.

Other than that there has been no issues in this 3 years. Of course, the usage has been quite low as I had shifted close to office and now WFH situation.
What is it with Vernas and EPS motors!!?? This is the 3rd instance of it failing ive come across in the past week. Quite shocking. I wonder if its a ploy to ensure they sell enough AMC packages!

Had to pay for mine to be replaced at 45000 kms.
Hatari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 18:15   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
What is it with Vernas and EPS motors!!?? This is the 3rd instance of it failing ive come across in the past week. Quite shocking.
Add me in your list.

Had to replace the EPS motor in our Verna as it started making some weird noises. Surprisingly, it happened just when the vehicle crossed the 3-year mark. Was replaced under extended warranty though.

No issues other than that.
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 22:35   #1008
BHPian

Hello fellow owners,
Has anyone of you upgraded your Verna's head lights to LEDs
If yes, what is the brand that you have upgraded to and how is the lighting post upgrade in various aspects like spread and brightness.
torquecraver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 23:18   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Completing 3 years with the Verna (SX(O) - Petrol - MT) this week.

Over past couple of months, there was a low noise from the steering while turning, at low speeds. On inspection the service center said the EPS motor has to be replaced. It was replaced under warranty.
What's with Hyundai cars and their EPS motor going kaput? We also have a separate thread running on component failures in Hyundai cars.
I have also heard of cases of bad steering racks and AC components failing in friends' and family's Hyundai cars.

Any idea how much would the power steering motor costed you if it wasn't in the warranty period?

Last edited by Sherlocked : 15th April 2021 at 23:21.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 08:58   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Any idea how much would the power steering motor costed you if it wasn't in the warranty period?
EPS motor will cost you around 6K.

While diagnosing the issue, the service professional were of the opinion to first grease few parts (don't remember the exact name) and check if the noise vanishes. If the noise persists, he was of the opinion to replace the EPS motor.
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 17:44   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Tires!

Need tires for the 2017 Verna SX - Any pointers gentlemen? Yokohama Earth1 is the recommendation from the tire dealer, Bridgestone is the trusted brand for me and the owner. Please suggest, we are open to continental too. Priorities are towards , comfort, low noise.
Have you changed the tires already? Which one did you opt-in to? I might need to change the shoes sometime this year (I feel I have about 5 - 6K KMS still left on the old hankook shoes). I was thinking about upsizing to 205/55/R16 and had Michelin XM2 or P3ST. I wasn't sure if the import issue with Michelin was solved. I was thinking to fall back on Yokohama Earth in case if Michelin wasn't available.

Let us know which one did you go for and the price.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 18:04   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
.. I wasn't sure if the import issue with Michelin was solved..
I guess Michelin issue is partially resolved.
Other option to consider would be Prfinza from MRF. I'm running 205/55 on my Verna - happy with with it's performance so far.
somspaple is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 19:12   #1013
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Have you changed the tires already?

Let us know which one did you go for and the price.
Yes please. 205/55/R16 Yoko Earth 1

The tire supplier is a known person, a decades old shop. PM me, I will get you in touch - Location is Coles Park, Bangalore (assuming you are here), shop located in a peaceful lane - the rate is a bit less than 7K per tire, fresh stock.

Both my regular tire shops suggested Yoko Earth 1 only.

This car runs quite a bit, no point going for more expensive tires that will wear out faster. I`ll stay away from Michelin for now, supply is a problem incase you damage one, may not find replacement as well.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 23:12   #1014
BHPian

Looking forward to a new verna,more inclined towards sx disel auto. Please let me know about the real world mileage figures for both AT and MT in disel, how is the ride quality and NVH levels. Does it make sense to go with sxo varient after stretching the budget?
TIA
Slickshift99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 23:20   #1015
BHPian

I have a fluidic Verna SX. Last batch before the 4S came. My car has done 2.82L kms as off today.

22k kms - stock bridgestones replaced (worst tyres ever made). Switched over to Earth1.
73k kms - again swapped to Earth1
131k kms - again swapped to Earth1
192k kms - again swapped to Earth1
249k kms - swapped to Goodyear Assurance. (Earth1 wasn’t in stock and i find Michelin’s overrated)

All stock size - 195/55R16.
drhoneycake is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 14:42   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
What is it with Vernas and EPS motors!!?? This is the 3rd instance of it failing ive come across in the past week. Quite shocking. I wonder if its a ploy to ensure they sell enough AMC packages!

Had to pay for mine to be replaced at 45000 kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
Add me in your list.

Had to replace the EPS motor in our Verna as it started making some weird noises. Surprisingly, it happened just when the vehicle crossed the 3-year mark. Was replaced under extended warranty though.

No issues other than that.
I have a Petrol MT Verna from October 2017. I noticed the same problem with my car after it completed 3 years. It has hardly been driven, only 17k kms. Slight noise from steering column.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
EPS motor will cost you around 6K.

While diagnosing the issue, the service professional were of the opinion to first grease few parts (don't remember the exact name) and check if the noise vanishes. If the noise persists, he was of the opinion to replace the EPS motor.
The SA gave me an estimate of 9k-11k for the replacement of the EPS. My car is out of warranty as I did not get EW. The noise started exactly after the car completed 3 years.
This is ridiculous!
ashish2135 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 14:46   #1017
BHPian

I have a Hyundai Verna Diesel SX(O) bought in 2018.

Got the engine mount replaced as the vibrations had become very prominent.

After receiving the car I noticed a metal clanking noise from steering wheel area on rough patches.

Raised a complaint and got the ?steering column replaced the next day.

Both replacements were taken care of under warranty.

Still for a car that has barely covered 20k kms , having replaced these two parts is not very comforting.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 16:55   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
I have a Hyundai Verna Diesel SX(O) bought in 2018.

Got the engine mount replaced as the vibrations had become very prominent.

Still for a car that has barely covered 20k kms , having replaced these two parts is not very comforting.
Wow! 20K is way less mileage to warrant Engine Mount change. Is the vibration issue resolved after change? Was it just the vibration or did you also have excessive Diesel clatter ?
somspaple is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 18:13   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
Wow! 20K is way less mileage to warrant Engine Mount change. Is the vibration issue resolved after change? Was it just the vibration or did you also have excessive Diesel clatter ?
The vibration itself was a good enough reason to get the mount changed.
It was not evident at first and gradually it started to increase slowly.
Post replacement the vibration has decreased a lot.

The engine mount,steering column and AC condenser are three most common issues in the Nex Gen Verna. I have talked to multiple owners and most of them have either replaced all three parts or at least a couple of them.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 18:27   #1020
BHPian

Wow 3 generations of Verna and yet the EPS motor issue has not been solved??

I own the Fluidic Verna ( Nov 2013) and have replaced the EPS motor twice already. Costed 8K including labor each time.

I thought this was solved in the 4S itself ( along with fixing the suspension), didnt realise it continues in the new Verna too.
anandhsub is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks