Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2022, 16:45   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Anyone own the 1.L Turbo version? Was looking for an ownership experience post on it.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 12:05   #1082
BHPian

Hello Folks! Request your expert advise on the persistent Wobbling that's been bugging me for a while now.

Whenever I cross 80-90 kmph on my Verna, there is a wobbling in the steering, quite similar to the wobbling we felt in the olden days when the wheel balancing was off.

To take care of this, got the wheel alignment and balancing done perfectly, but the issue still lurks. I spoke to the GM of HASS, who enquired if I had any puncture repaired or modification done in any of the wheels.

I had a bad rupture a while back and had converted that punctured tubeless tyre into one with a tube. The service GM said it is exactly this issue which is causing the problem - the tube in one tyre and the rest being tubeless, was creating the disbalance, and recommended an immediate replacement to a tubeless tyre.

Kindly advise if the above diagnosis is correct. Wanted your views before I go ahead to burn the money and get the tyre replaced.

Many thanks!
AjayJohri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 08:50   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayJohri View Post
I had a bad rupture a while back and had converted that punctured tubeless tyre into one with a tube. The service GM said it is exactly this issue which is causing the problem - the tube in one tyre and the rest being tubeless, was creating the disbalance, and recommended an immediate replacement to a tubeless tyre.

Kindly advise if the above diagnosis is correct. Wanted your views before I go ahead to burn the money and get the tyre replaced.
There is no need to wait. You can replace the tyre. I don't know how much your vehicle has run altogether. But changing one tyre and making all uniform is the best solution, even if there is no wobbling at the steering wheel.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 11:39   #1084
BHPian

Found a used car with team bhp sticker at Bhubaneswar. Registration no OD 02BE 2844. I have not seen the car yet. As per advertisement, it is a 2019 SX (O) manual 1.6 diesel , have done 18k only ( which I doubt) , quoted price 13.5 lacs. Can the Bhunaneswar bhpian who has sold the car to the dealer PM me with the history of the car, price at what it was sold etc, so that I can have a good bargain with the dealer. As such, the price quoted seems exorbitant. What should be the ideal price, if the car has actually done 18k and is in good condition?
Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 07:43   #1085
BHPian

Took a TD of the car. Odo is at 30k with all stock tyres. I found the engine sound to be kind of boomy & intrusive, as compared to my sold out 2011 Fluidic 1.6 CRDI. It seems that there has been some kind of engine problem in the car. The effect of ventilated seats was also not quite felt which can make a huge difference. Since it has team-bhp sticker with low running, I expected the car to be in immaculate condition, but that was not the case. Is it that the NVH of current gen diesel Verna is more than old Fluidic model? At 70/80 kmph speed, it was more than even my Vento TDI DSG.

Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 09:03   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Took a TD of the car. Odo is at 30k with all stock tyres. I found the engine sound to be kind of boomy & intrusive, as compared to my sold out 2011 Fluidic 1.6 CRDI. It seems that there has been some kind of engine problem in the car. The effect of ventilated seats was also not quite felt which can make a huge difference. Since it has team-bhp sticker with low running, I expected the car to be in immaculate condition, but that was not the case. Is it that the NVH of current gen diesel Verna is more than old Fluidic model? At 70/80 kmph speed, it was more than even my Vento TDI DSG.

Thanks
My current gen Verna 1.6 diesel has run 54500 kms. It includes two north-south runs among many other long-distance trips. The vehicle is still on stock tyres which I plan to replace before the next long drive.

About the engine, I must say that it is perfect but makes some clatter. It can be heard in the cabin but in a refined way. It is not unrefined and coarse. I am not sure of how the old Verna fluidic performed on this front.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 20:36   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
I found the engine sound to be kind of boomy & intrusive, as compared to my sold out 2011 Fluidic 1.6 CRDI.
Is it that the NVH of current gen diesel Verna is more than old Fluidic model? At 70/80 kmph speed, it was more than even my Vento TDI DSG
My 2015 Verna at close to 70k still is super refined with zero clatter once warmed up. In fact at 70/80 you can hardly hear the engine during cruising, and a raspy sound (that sounds very pleasing!) during acceleration.

There have been many people who have complained about poor NVH and refinement of the 1.6 that was retuned for a slightly wider power band, I guess in 2017.

Note that the current generation Verna is a 1.5 CRDI with lower power (115BHP). This too I read to be not as refined as the pre 2017 1.6 CRDI.

Last edited by PearlJam : 8th May 2022 at 20:37.
PearlJam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 15:29   #1088

Thank you for the detailed Review. I own a 2018 Verna and till date it runs like a dream. The only question I had was the disk break response.. it makes noise when it kicks in. Any thoughts on that?
Old 20th June 2022, 20:40   #1089
BHPian

My Verna (2011 CRDI SX(O)) with 132K on the odometer suddenly refused to start yesterday. Called up RSA who showed up within 15 minutes. He tried his best for two hours to diagnose the problem but could not and had to tow the car to nearest Hyundai Service center which was around 6 kilometers away.
After diagnosis, they called me today to inform that the high pressure fuel pump is faulty and needs replacement. Replacement cost quoted was 1L INR plus. Alternate option shared was to overhaul the fuel pump which would make my wallet lighter by 45K INR + tax.
I wanted to check in this forum if anyone has run into similar issue and if yes, what the costs to fix it were. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
manumike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 19:25   #1090

Is verna sx diesel automatic still a good buy in 2022 if someone needs a sedan with a good fuel economy and automatic?
Old 1st August 2022, 20:01   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar30 View Post
Is verna sx diesel automatic still a good buy in 2022 if someone needs a sedan with a good fuel economy and automatic?
Well , there are no other options available for a Diesel Automatic Sedan in this segment any more. In general, yes it is a decent option for somebody looking at a diesel automatic sedan. Decent mileage on highway, good enough handling and smooth ride on city roads[for driver/co-driver].
somspaple is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 00:32   #1092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The question is, will you even get one? A friend gave up after waiting for many months for a petrol manual. On escalation, he was given the option to either go with a Creta or wait indefinitely. Apparently, the dealership is hardly getting any Verna allotments from the company.
Jaguar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 09:18   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Definitely yes, Verna drives way better than Creta (comparing it will the long term best seller). Having taken the test drive recently of manual transmission, I can confirm that its handling surprisingly great.

You get it cheaper as it has same diesel engine of Creta. AT gear box is the same used in Creta/Seltos/Sonet, so its tried and tested.

Manual is best for mileage, it gives 25kmpl on highways.

peace
sulliavi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 13:13   #1094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
The question is, will you even get one? A friend gave up after waiting for many months for a petrol manual. On escalation, he was given the option to either go with a Creta or wait indefinitely. Apparently, the dealership is hardly getting any Verna allotments from the company.
You’re right. I could not even find a single car for test drive with any of the 3 dealers in Indore. Dealers are saying they’re not getting allocation and all they get like is 4 or 5 cars in a month. 2 of the dealers even refused to take the booking and I know the owner of one of the dealers and he said he’ll get me one in 4 months time so have paid the booking as of now. But does it mean verna 2023 is on the cards sooner?
Old 7th August 2022, 19:03   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLoverJosh View Post
Hey guys, so it's been a while since I've posted anything on this thread since I was busy, but here's a small update!

My 2017 Hyundai Verna SX(o) CRDi got a Quantum Tuning UK remap by GT TUNERZ, along with a BMC Direct Intake Airsystem and a set of Continental ULTRA CONTACT 6 tyres.

The figures are as follows-
Stock-
BHP- 128
Torque- 259 NM

After remap-
BHP- 165 BHP
Torque- 325 NM

As you can make out from the figures, this is an aggressive map, known as the Quantum Red Map. They have three sorts of maps available,
Green- targeted mainly towards increasing fuel efficiency
Blue- a sort of stage 1 map
Red- a sort of stage 1+ map which is aggressive.

I went for the Red one

Driving impressions-
The car's responsiveness has increased quite a bit, and there is absolutely no turbo lag, the spread of torque in the map and the DIA have helped in this aspect.

The mid-range is absolutely brutal, and the car spins it's wheels ( 205/55/R16 Continentals ) in second gear all the way to the redline and there's a bit of wheelspin when you upshift to 3rd gear as well.

The top end has improved as well but not that much, after 4600-4700 rpm, there's a noticeable drop in torque but it still pulls cleanly till 5000 rpm.

Yes, there is smoke in second and third gears ( not too much ) which can definitely harm the engine and the EGR along with the turbo as well in the long run, but my driving isn't too aggressive and especially after the remap I barely go full throttle because there's more than required torque being delivered at half throttle itself for most overtakes hence I'm very very content with this map.

The tyres have made a huge difference in the way the car drives and the way it carries itself around corners. Under hard braking, the cars confidence has improved dramatically and so has mine, road noise is barely there and it has more than enough grip around corners. Overall, very happy with the tyres and I chose them over the Pilot Sport 4s because i felt the Michelins were a slight overkill for this car, and also Michelin P4ST wasn't available in my budget, hence why went for these tyres. Definitely recommended for those who aren't looking for just outright handling and also have other needs such as ride comfort, less road noise and balanced handling. This is a cheaper P4ST in a way, and for those on a tighter budget should go for these.

I've also made some minor visual mods and changes to the lighting of the car, here's a small list of all the mods done to the car so far-

Performance mods-

1) Stage 1 Quantum Tuning UK Red Map

2) BMC Direct Intake Airsystem

Tyre upgrade -

1) Continental ULTRA CONTACT 6 tyres 205/55/R16

Lighting upgrade

1) 35W Osram HIDs for the headlights

2) DAPS LED lights for the fog lights

3) Rear reflector lights

Other visual mods-

1) Front Chrome Delete ( grill slats and fog lamp surrounds )

2) Outer rear view mirrors wrapped in Metallic Gloss Black wrap.

3) Lower lip of the front bumper wrapped in
Metallic Gloss Black wrap.

Here's how my baby looks as of right now

From the front

Attachment 1867448

From the rear

Attachment 1867447

And this is the hidden sticker placement

Attachment 1867446

Overall, 90K well spent on the car ( all the mods ). Feel free to ask me any questions/queries you have regarding the car or the remap experience itself.
Note: I am in now way associated with GT TUNERZ or Quantum Tuning UK.
When we upgrade from 195/55/R16 to 205/55/R16,
- Will there be an increase in ground clearance?
- Can we use the same alloys?
- Michelin has stopped India production. Is Yokohoma Earth or Bridgestone Ecopia recommended?

I have a 3rd gen Hyundai Verna (2018 make)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks