Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2022, 19:05   #1096
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Michelins (P3ST) are serving my well & have done 60k already. Looks good for another 10k or so. Size is 205/55/R16. Very quiet tyre in initial stage till 30/35 k & thereafter noise has increased.
Original Bridgetone B250 lasted for 45k, then Yoko- Dd V 550- lasted for only 30k & then now I am on Michelin. Till now, for me, I find Michelin is the best.

May be next time I may try Yoko-Earth 1. I think it will be a bit nosier than Michelin. Current Amazon price 6845/-. Appears to be real VFM.
Does 205/55/R16 void warranty or increase ground clearance/affect stability as stock size is 195/55/R16. Did you try Yokohoma Earth?
Old 7th August 2022, 20:05   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Does 205/55/R16 void warranty or increase ground clearance/affect stability as stock size is 195/55/R16. Did you try Yokohoma Earth?
Not sure of warranty. Normally service stations do not notice this. But IMO, one should stick to stock size till warranty period is over. I did upsize after expiry of warranty. Yes, it increases ground clearance by 5.5 mm and it has got no adverse effect on stability. Rather the car felt more stable with wider tyres.

Before I could change my tyres, I sold the car. Now using an used Vento TDI DSG. I have changed two of the Vento tyres to Yoko Earth 1. These are not as quiet as Michellins. Given an option I will always go for Michellin. For Vento stock size (185/60/R15), Michellins are not available.

Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 21:43   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
I can't say about warranty as it depends on the ASC who process your warranty claims. Theoretically, any modification voids it. Practically, it's on the ASC.

Regarding the size you've mentioned. I've seen many Fluidic Verna's during my car's service who had upsized just their tyres and not the rims . One common thing among them was the tyres used to touch the body horizontally when steering was rotated end to end.

Another thing you'd lose is the accuracy of your speedometer. They are calibrated for stock tyre sizes. It'd cause a little variance.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 00:42   #1099
Hbh

Quote:
- Michelin has stopped India production. Is Yokohoma Earth or Bridgestone Ecopia recommended?
I would not recommend Bridgestone Ecopia. My verna came with Ecopia as standard. They are average at best. They give good fuel economy but I feel the road noise is going up. My car has run only 7500 km. I have soon good reviews for Yokohama Earth series, Continental UC6 and Michelin tyres on T-BHP. If you get new tyres, please do post your review here!
Hbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 01:02   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar30 View Post
You’re right. I could not even find a single car for test drive with any of the 3 dealers in Indore. Dealers are saying they’re not getting allocation and all they get like is 4 or 5 cars in a month. 2 of the dealers even refused to take the booking and I know the owner of one of the dealers and he said he’ll get me one in 4 months time so have paid the booking as of now. But does it mean verna 2023 is on the cards sooner?
Hi Prakhar30,

I too booked a Verna Petrol last month and am waiting for the car to be allotted. But yes my dealer also mentioned that they get only a handful of Verna allotments every quarter. There is definitely a long waiting period for the Verna. This is definitely a very VFM sedan in the SX variant and is worth the wait. I don't think we might be getting the new generation Verna in India anytime soon.

If you are not in a hurry wait for it.

Last edited by Shanksta : 8th August 2022 at 01:04.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 09:22   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try Yokohoma Earth?
I had used 4 sets of Yokohama Earth1 each set lasting 60k kms on my Verna SX(O) CRDI. I would stay away from Bridgestones and Michelins. The one Michelin set I used barely lasted 20k kms apart from the numerous punctures. Granted they were quiet but that’s about it.

Yoko’s were fantastic.
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 15:10   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
I had used 4 sets of Yokohama Earth1 each set lasting 60k kms on my Verna SX(O) CRDI. I would stay away from Bridgestones and Michelins. The one Michelin set I used barely lasted 20k kms apart from the numerous punctures. Granted they were quiet but that’s about it.

Yoko’s were fantastic.
Thanks. Will go for the Yokohoma Earth series.
Did you upsize from 195/55/R16 to 205/55/R16?
Old 14th August 2022, 10:54   #1103
BHPian

I'm on Michelin P4ST 205/55 R16 for the last couple of years, on my 2015 Verna. Done more than 25k kms with not a single puncture (touch wood). I found them fantastic. Good grip and low noise, though slowly the noise has been increasing with the tyre age. The 5mm increase in ground clearance definitely makes a big difference. Wouldn't hesitate even a bit to go for these again.
PearlJam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 11:30   #1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
I'm on Michelin P4ST 205/55 R16 for the last couple of years, on my 2015 Verna. Done more than 25k kms with not a single puncture (touch wood). I found them fantastic. Good grip and low noise, though slowly the noise has been increasing with the tyre age. The 5mm increase in ground clearance definitely makes a big difference. Wouldn't hesitate even a bit to go for these again.
Hi,

Slightly OT. Since we drive the same model (Verna 2015), just wanted to ask if you're on the stock setup of headlights or you have changed to something else.

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th August 2022, 10:21   #1105
BHPian

I'm on stock headlights setup, and it's not great at all when roads are wet after rains. This is inspite of projectors. But I'm hesitant to upgrade - the car has been super reliable and I want it to remain that way.
PearlJam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 17:11   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Will go for the Yokohoma Earth series.
Did you upsize from 195/55/R16 to 205/55/R16?
I upsized to Yokohma Earth Series 205/55/R16. I am enjoying the higher ground clearance (GC). Will post a detailed review soon.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 00:52   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
I upsized to Yokohma Earth Series 205/55/R16. I am enjoying the higher ground clearance (GC). Will post a detailed review soon.
What prompted you to upgrade the tyre size. Is it worth it on long trips or good only for city drive with potholes. I'd love to get some feedback with some pics please. I have 2018 SXO AT Petrol. I've driven long distances and found the rides comfortable enough. The longest I did was Meerut - Lucknow - Nagpur - Hyd in a span of 3 days with my 8 yo daughter. Superb drive all the way.
Old 21st August 2022, 23:51   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcoolhand View Post
What prompted you to upgrade the tyre size. Is it worth it on long trips or good only for city drive with potholes. I'd love to get some feedback with some pics please. I have 2018 SXO AT Petrol. I've driven long distances and found the rides comfortable enough. The longest I did was Meerut - Lucknow - Nagpur - Hyd in a span of 3 days with my 8 yo daughter. Superb drive all the way.
The ground clearance increases from 165 mm to almost 172 mm. I have the top end SX(O) diesel model, same version as yours. I had bought mine immediately on Launch in Oct 2017.

Main reason I chose the upgrade was the ground clearance. Verna is not great on the potholed ghats and I had to drive very carefully last month on the Bisile ghat and Shiradi ghat roads
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 16:15   #1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
I'm on stock headlights setup, and it's not great at all when roads are wet after rains. This is inspite of projectors. But I'm hesitant to upgrade - the car has been super reliable and I want it to remain that way.
I mirror your observation 100%. However, I need to find an alternative without comprising the reliability. Let me know if you have something in mind. I plan to keep it for another 4-5 years.

Thanks
MangoMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 12:14   #1110
abg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
I mirror your observation 100%. However, I need to find an alternative without comprising the reliability. Let me know if you have something in mind. I plan to keep it for another 4-5 years.

Thanks
I had to upgrade the stock headlamp setup of my Verna SX after feeling that they are inadequate. I upgraded them with a pair of Bosch Iris LED HB3 sourced from Amazon.

The bulbs have a very good build quality and felt premium. They are easy to install, a direct replacement with nothing to modify. The connector, wiring, and ballast can be tucked inside the projector barrel.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-bosch-led-hb3-verna-sx.jpeg

The illumination is excellent and even in rains, I found them super helpful. These bulbs draw less power compared to stock Halogens (30W) too. However, I am not sure whether this upgrade voids the warranty.
abg is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed