Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2022, 20:45   #1126
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
As a Civic owner and having witnessed similar tire noise from the Bridgestone Turanza ER300 (6 years & 20,000 KMS old), I would strongly insist you to first check whether the wheel bearings of your car are fine.

A worn out wheel bearing can lead to the symptoms you have mentioned about your car. Read the below,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5444976 (Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos)

Upsizing the wheel will reduce the sidewall of the tire. This reduction in the sidewall will reduce the ability of the tire to absorb the shocks of the road.

If your generation of Verna doesn't come with 17" alloys, I'd insist you to throw away the idea of opting for 17" as it will lead to a harsh and firm ride with thuds heard all over the cabin whenever the wheel passes over undulations/craters/depressions on the road.

The pre-existing suspension components wouldn't be tuned to handle the residual road vibrations transmitted due to the upsize.
Got the car serviced a month back, got the wheel bearings checked, they all are perfect.

The upsizing of the wheel is something which I wanted to do ever since I got it, with all my cars, I upsize their wheels and drive them around. Verna was always on the list but I did not do anything to it as it was used by family, the car is in my hands now and owing to how less I drive it, I want to change the way it looks. Also, I have ordered new suspension kit for it too, Dropping it by 30mm.
speedfreak77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 15:38   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abg View Post
The illumination is excellent and even in rains, I found them super helpful.
Bosch talks about Intelligent color temperature control for this bulb. Is it really changing the color temperature from cool to warm white during rain?

Also will this work with Reflector headlight assembly?
sibitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 18:12   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak77 View Post
Hi Team,
My Pre-Facelift Verna has completed 30K Kilometres. Bought her in 2019 and have completed 3 years with her. She has served as an amazing city commute but today I come with a dilemma, The car is a 1.6, That means it clatters in all its glory. In Bangalore traffic, sitting in the drivers seat with it clattering is just so discomforting. To all the fellow 1.6 Automatic Diesel owners, Can anyone help me solve this issue?

Also the tyres fitted when I bought the car, the Bridgestones create so much noise and after triple digit speeds, the car feels unsettling. My Crysta which sits on Continental tyres gives so much confidence in triple digit speeds. Now that I have made a decision to switch to 17s in the Verna, I also need help with what tyres to get. 215/45/R17 or 225/45/R17? What brands to choose? Preferably more inclined to Continental and Pirelli.

Looking forward to everyone’s suggestions.
As a fellow owner of 1.6 Diesel Auto I can only say I understand exactly how you feel [and kinda feel relieved that I'm not alone ]. I got the Injector calibration done, changed one of the engine mounts after weeks of testing - but no use. My car has completed around 36K kms so far and is averaging 10K kms a year. Nowadays I feel car idles rhythmically like those trucks/buses in neutral.

Though I've not experimented with 17 inchers, personally I would recommend against it. I'm paranoid about tyre sidewall failure on hard impact [due to our ever changing road conditions] and most of my highway drives happen during the night.

I got stock tyres changed to MRF Perfinza 205/55 R16 on day 1 and they have served me well. Now they are due for change and thinking of going for Michelin PS 4 [if still available - but only concern being soft side wall of Michelins].
somspaple is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 15:28   #1129
abg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibitg View Post
Bosch talks about Intelligent colour temperature control for this bulb. Is it really changing the color temperature from cool to warm white during rain?

Also will this work with Reflector headlight assembly?
I could not observe any change in colour temperature during rain—nothing I could perceive.

This one works perfectly inside projector barrels. It will work inside reflector assemblies also but I am not sure how the spread and throw will be.
abg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 15:58   #1130
BHPian

Last week at Hyundai ASC I got my ATF changed for 2018 Hyundai Verna 1.6 6 speed AT. You can read about it on the thread going on for the same.

After that I felt smell coming from AC vent, since it is still winters did not use AC much and let the smell out with opening windows. Yesterday when driving, basically when accelerating and braking could hear strange water splash noise coming from the dashboard side. The smell was still there when AC turned on. Pulled out the driver side car mats and felt the base carpet, it was damp. I suspected the AC water was not discharging out of the car.

Went to ASC today for some pending work, they turned the car on, put the AC to low for good 10-15 mins, there was no water droplets below the engine, they opened the panel below gearbox from driver side and diagnosed it as a heating coil issue and would need replacement. Anybody has any knowledge about it? How it could have happened? They asked for 1 complete day to change it. As it involves opening up the dashboard.

Also since car has run almost 8,000 km from last service, I asked them to complete 60k service with synthetic oil this time. Have used mineral oil from start and felt drop in mileage, increase in engine noise and overall roughness after 40-50,000 kms were completed. Any pointers on this would also be helpful.
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 14:31   #1131
BHPian

My Verna is reaching the 5 year mark next month. It has run just 24000 Kms and is in good shape, and I have no intention to switch.

However I want to give the car a mid-life refresh (remove scratches/minor dents, paintwork etc things I have not bothered much about these 5 years). The annual service is also due for which the good folks at Advaith Hyundai (JP Nagar) are pestering me about daily. And fix/replace the pathetic headlights.

I prefer going to a single place which can do all the above. Should I go to Advaith Hyundai itself or any other place (South Bangalore preferred) alternatively?

Also the car does not have Auto-wipers, or auto-ORVM. Is it possible to have these features installed now by a dealer/workshop?

What else can I indulge in without spending too much?
DigitalOne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 15:16   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
My Verna is reaching the 5 year mark next month. It has run just 24000 Kms and is in good shape, and I have no intention to switch.

However I want to give the car a mid-life refresh (remove scratches/minor dents, paintwork etc things I have not bothered much about these 5 years). The annual service is also due for which the good folks at Advaith Hyundai (JP Nagar) are pestering me about daily. And fix/replace the pathetic headlights.

I prefer going to a single place which can do all the above. Should I go to Advaith Hyundai itself or any other place (South Bangalore preferred) alternatively?

Also the car does not have Auto-wipers, or auto-ORVM. Is it possible to have these features installed now by a dealer/workshop?

Hi,

In my experience, if you want to do any bodyshop work look for options other than the ASS unless you claim insurance the ASS does it hassle free. In my personal opinion ASS charges hefty bills on the body shop.

Couple of weeks back, a two wheeler messed my car's rear quarter panel and rear left side door. ASS quote was close to 22K and I got it done both the quarter panel and door for 7K.

ASS guys told me if I am claiming insurance the quote will be 22K (delivery timelines of 5 to 7 days) and if I am paying by myself then its 18K (with delivery in 2 days)

Last edited by hardilip : 13th February 2023 at 15:21. Reason: Corrected spellings.
hardilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 14:40   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post

Provided your car is mechanically sorted for now, I would suggest go for an external 'Overcoat' along with a fresh pair of alloys. For majority of the folks, this will probably keep the interest in the car alive for another 5 years.
Do get this done outside the ASS with a reputed bodyshop garage (this will be aplenty in Bengaluru i think).You could also get a few bits & pieces custom painted/dechromed Or any other customization ideas you may want to look at. Refreshing the interiors with a new set of seat covers/after-market ambient lighting/interior deep cleaning etc., are also options you could explore. 1.25-1.5 lacs would be an approx. budget for all of the above.
gollabhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 22:29   #1134
BHPian

Off Late i am finding the road noise - tyre noise & suspension damper noise/thuds - to be specific, a little too intrusive into the cabin. The car is a 2018 SX petrol & has run only 25k Kms in 5 years. The tyres have run <8k kms since their last change a year back.

I was thinking on getting the wheel wells damped. Any pointers from the forum members on the effectiveness of this solution would be welcome. Also, if the wheel wells are to be damped, should i go in for damping externally (area near the suspension dampers) or internally (under the carpet)? Any input/suggestion/advise is welcome.
gollabhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 19:17   #1135
BHPian

Hi,

Tyres in my Next Gen Verna (2017) is due for a change. I am running on the stock tyres Hankook (195/55/R16). I could get close to 60K kms out of the Hankook.

I was considering Michelin 205/55/R16 as my replacement. We to enquire about this in Tyre Empire in Bangalore and I had been told that michelins are available only from R17 and anything below R17 across India its not be imported and anyone who holds will be a very old stock. Is this the case every where? I was suggested Conti and Yokohama but predominantly Conti.

I haven't had experience with other tyre brands other than Michelin.

1. Can someone suggest a brand in case if Michelin is not an option.
2. I am considering to upsize the tyres with 205/55/R16. Has anyone upsized feedback on this?
3. I have tried 205 in my boot and it fits well, should I consider buying an alloy and get 5 X 205 (including spare wheel) and consider a 5 wheel rotation there after? This will cost me additional 15K - 20K.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 22:21   #1136

Hi,

Does any body in the group getting mileage of above 25?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20230217_135635.jpg  

anandhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 17:23   #1137
abg

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhan View Post
Hi,

Yes, of course. My 2018 SX Diesel delivers 25+ kmpl consistently. Even after completing 100000 km!

This is the main reason I am keeping it, despite having pressure from family for an upgrade.

I don't think there is sedan I can upgrade to, from this beauty!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230501-5.17.46-pm.jpeg  

abg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 09:45   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhan View Post
Hi,

Yes! I guess all the diesel Verna's can achieve this.

My Verna crossed the 5 year mark last month and still running on stock CEAT Securadrives 185/65 R15 setup. Car has done 45000 kms till now. Can someone suggest what tyres should I upgrade to? Same Ceat one's are costing approx 5000 for each.
Also can I expect any resale value from the old set?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-147ea0e00e07455cb7f53068efcf2bed.jpeg  

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-41f1b043830449efad00a25b447b06b2.jpeg  

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-944b6655378d446392c1b94e7dee9722.jpeg  

Eco_boost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 23:07   #1139
BHPian

I took my Verna 1.6 CRDI (2019) today for servicing at JSV Hyundai Lucknow. This is the place from where I have been getting the servicing done regularly. At every 10000 kms. This time, it was at 71711 kms.

The same service advisor who does the honours every time was there to attend the vehicle. He had given me an estimate of 6500/- plus taxes.

Once he took the car to the service bay, he called me and said that there was back compression. I asked him to wait till I reached the workshop and then do the checking on engine ratio. I generally stay back during the service but this time, due to my hectic work schedules, I could not.

The result of checking was that the cylinder 2 is weak and that they would replace the whole set. Since it will take time to procure the part set, they said I could use the vehicle locally till then. The back compression, as they say, is however not too much. And, the issue is that I have to drive down to Hyderabad.

The vehicle is still under warranty. What shall I do? One option is that since I have to take it to Hyderabad, I can get it checked there as well and then decide. Should I really go for engine work? Another option is that if I use it only for local trips, I can do without getting this work done on the car for the time. But I do long distance drives.

I thought there would not be any problem since this Verna has otherwise given me a hassle-free ownership, without even niggles. It has been giving me average of 24 - 25 kmpl too. I had changed the battery at 61000 kms and the stock tyres at 65000 kms (without altering dimensions etc).

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 12th May 2023 at 23:14.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 18:48   #1140
Hbh

Hi guys, I am looking for suggestions from you.

My verna's rear door got damaged by scratching against the concrete base of an electrical pole. The damage is about the size of an open hand. There's a dent and paint is scratched down to the primer level.

I visited a private detailing/repair shop as well as the authorised service center today. Both of them advised to get the whole door painted instead of just the damaged area. Both of them also promised that the new paint will match other panels, which is my major concern. The ASC quoted about 2.5x the price of the private shop.

I need your suggestion here. Should I go with the ASC? Will the repainted panel match with the original ones? I am leaning towards ASC and am okay with spending more money. Is there anything else that I need to keep in mind when having the work done?

Last edited by Hbh : 30th May 2023 at 19:14. Reason: Grammar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks