Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2023, 19:50   #1141
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbh View Post
Hi guys, I am looking for suggestions from you.

My verna's rear door got damaged by scratching against the concrete base of an electrical pole. The damage is about the size of an open hand. There's a dent and paint is scratched down to the primer level.

I visited a private detailing/repair shop as well as the authorised service center today. Both of them advised to get the whole door painted instead of just the damaged area. Both of them also promised that the new paint will match other panels, which is my major concern. The ASC quoted about 2.5x the price of the private shop.

I need your suggestion here. Should I go with the ASC? Will the repainted panel match with the original ones? I am leaning towards ASC and am okay with spending more money. Is there anything else that I need to keep in mind when having the work done?

Painting whole door is advisable and you will a very very minute differences in terms of the shade but it will not be so visible to the naked so no worries. Colour code is engraved on the opposite to driver door frame and they use the same colour code so that post the repair you will not able to spot the differences in shade.

Also, higher spending doesn't always warrants the best job. My experience with (Honda and Hyundai) ASC, I have had instances where it was done well and bad. It all depends on the person who does it and how good he is at work.

ASC will definitely be costlier as body shop work is the most profitable task and they tend to charge more as they know that you will go for insurance claim. If you have good rapport with any service advisor in the ASC take his help to find the best person in the ASC and ask him if he can attend this job.

If you find a reliable private place (with good reviews and mentions here in TBH), you can give that a try. They will also be lighter on pocket and their output will also be good too. When you decide on any private place, you can check with them which manufacturer paint they will use.

Here in Bangalore I have a contact who does it very well and his charges are very nominal. He charges roughly 3000 to 3500 for a panel / door / bumpers (including painting). He uses DuPont paint. I have tried couple of times and I am happy with his work.

Whether its ASC / Private Shop few things that you can do are,

1. Try to take the delivery during the day time, so that you can easily spot the differences in case if there are any. If your car is parked under the shade, try to move it under sun and check for the quality.

2. Run your hand through the whole area to see any rough patches where it was painted.

3. Try to run your hand to the near by area to check for any rough patches. In your case it's a rear door, I would suggest you to check the whole side of the car including the window glasses.

4. Open the door that they have painted and check the frame part of it, if it is proper and same as before.

5. Check if the door closes properly. If they remove the door, sometimes they don't fit it fine so that the door closes only when it is slammed.

Hope this helps.
hardilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 21:46   #1142
Hbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Hope this helps.
This definitely helps. I'll keep a note of your suggestions. Thanks a lot!
Hbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:42   #1143
BHPian

My Verna 1.6 CRDI seems to have developed a problem of interruption in pulling, especially on open highways when it is on 5th or 6th gear. I feel that the engine becomes "missing" at certain points and the pulling is not neat and linear.

Earlier, a service centre in Lucknow noticed problem of back compression. Engine oil is spraying back when the stick is taken out and when the car is idling.

This much came in a few seconds (and this is after driving just 6 kms in the morning):

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-20230607_112217.jpg

Is it a sign of back compression?

Are the first and the second problems interconnected?

My car has just crossed 75000 kms (4 years 2 months).

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 7th June 2023 at 11:46.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 18:12   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
My Verna 1.6 CRDI seems to have developed a problem of interruption in pulling, especially on open highways when it is on 5th or 6th gear. I feel that the engine becomes "missing" at certain points and the pulling is not neat and linear.

Earlier, a service centre in Lucknow noticed problem of back compression. Engine oil is spraying back when the stick is taken out and when the car is idling.

This much came in a few seconds (and this is after driving just 6 kms in the morning):

Attachment 2460901

Is it a sign of back compression?

Are the first and the second problems interconnected?

My car has just crossed 75000 kms (4 years 2 months).
After examining the car, Kun United Hyundai, RTC Cross Roads, Hyderabad, is suggesting total engine replacement itself. Now, my doubt is whether the 1.6 CRDI (BS IV) is still procurable/manufactured by Hyundai? My car is within the last year of its warranty.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 01:29   #1145
BHPian

I have an observation from driving my Verna 1.6D AT on multiple outstation trips where I extensively use cruise control.

At the starting of the trip if I have not engaged the cruise control, when I push the accelerator pedal the response of acceleration is let's say 1x, but during the drive if I have engaged the cruise control and after that cruise is disabled and I push the accelerator pedal the response of acceleration is 0.5x it's like the accelerator is suddenly tuned for economy mode, and I have to push it harder to get that quick acceleration.

Has anyone else observed this in Verna or any other Hyundai diesel AT?

Just wanted to understand is this common for others or unique to my car, this has been there from very intial days of ownership and not something that has developed over time.
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 14:09   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
At the starting of the trip if I have not engaged the cruise control, when I push the accelerator pedal the response of acceleration is let's say 1x, but during the drive if I have engaged the cruise control and after that cruise is disabled and I push the accelerator pedal the response of acceleration is 0.5x it's like the accelerator is suddenly tuned for economy mode, and I have to push it harder to get that quick acceleration.
Hi, I've 2018 Verna Diesel AT. I've used the cruise control extensively on highways as well as inside the city whenever I can engage it even for a short distance. It has almost become an addiction now

The acceleration while using the cruise control is a bit aggressive. This will be prominent especially if you brake to a near halt and immediately use the resume function. We can feel the eagerness to reach the set speed quickly. After observing this behavior, the regular acceleration seems a bit slower. However I see this as a matter of relative response rather than an aberration. After years of usage, it has become a routine thing and I never had any issues.
madmaxvistian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 21:09   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
After examining the car, Kun United Hyundai, RTC Cross Roads, Hyderabad, is suggesting total engine replacement itself. Now, my doubt is whether the 1.6 CRDI (BS IV) is still procurable/manufactured by Hyundai? My car is within the last year of its warranty.
Sorry to hear about the engine issue. Have you got any updates from Hyundai regarding the replacement and got this sorted out? Since BS IV engines were phased out by April 2020, I think Hyundai is using Kia's 1.5 CRDI in their CSUV and SUV lineup. However it is their responsibility to fix the issues. Since the engine is no longer manufactured, it will be an extensive repair / rebuild of the existing engine. It is good that you're within the last leg of the extended warranty. So this should be covered completely.

I've just crossed 5 years of ownership. No issues so far with respect to the engine, touch wood! I hope this stays the same way as I'm already out of the warranty. Of course, the engine noise at higher speed is something I need to live with. An aging diesel engine will only increase the decibel and compete with trucks I'm sure!
madmaxvistian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 14:03   #1148
BHPian

My SX(O) CRDI (2017) is due for new shoes. My stock tyres (195 / 55 R 16) are from Hankook and I am able to get 60K life from it.

I am planning for 205 / 55 R16. I was thinking of Michelin but later understood that Micheline is available only from R17.

So started looking for next options other than Micheline and I landed on Continental and Verdestein as replacement.

I spoke to Madhu's (Bangalore), they were persistent on verdestein and found out that they host the dedicated showroom for Verdestein here in Bangalore.

Then I spoke to Tyre empire and they were confidently pushing me to go for Conti.

Can you please help me take a decision between Conti and Verdestein?

Please do let me know if there any other brands that I can consider. My usage will be 70% on highways and 30% City.
hardilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 03:24   #1149
BHPian

Has anyone here with a next gen verna (2018) managed to fit an air duct to the wheels to cool the brakes ?
I have been looking into it for my car but I’m not sure if anyone has successfully actually done it.
If anyone has, please do let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
My SX(O) CRDI (2017) is due for new shoes. My stock tyres (195 / 55 R 16) are from Hankook and I am able to get 60K life from it.
I recently changed my tyres and too faced the same dilemma. Michellin PS4’s are available in 205/55/R16 but there’s a good chance that even if you manage to find them the tyres will be from 2021.
Between the Contis and Ultrac’s I put vredestein. They’re quite good in my opinion. The dry grip is good, braking distance is good and the wet grip is pretty good too. They’re also softer compared to yokos but given that I’ve not tried hankook I can’t exactly comment.
I choose them over the UC6. I’ve driven around 120km with them and they seem to be pretty good tyres.
The only drawback I faced was that until I passed the 60km mark I felt that they were slipping on semi-wet roads. They need to be “worn in” a bit before they become better.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by vb-saan : 14th August 2023 at 04:30. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use multi quote option when replying to multiple posts.
Ghost131100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 22:34   #1150

Using bridgestone ecopia for newgen verna 2018 since past 70 k km
ybgavali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 16:19   #1151
abg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost131100 View Post
Has anyone here with a next gen verna (2018) managed to fit an air duct to the wheels to cool the brakes ?
I have been looking into it for my car but I’m not sure if anyone has successfully actually done it.
If anyone has, please do let me know.
I changed stock Ecopias to Yokohama Blue Earth GT, 205/55/R16s. They are very comfortable, less noisy, and offer excellent ride comfort. I would strongly recommend them.
Old 25th October 2023, 19:35   #1152
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi All, Needed some input. My brother in law's Nexon was rear ended by a Verna. It is a 2013 car. While they parted ways after deciding to claim their individual insurance, the Verna guy reached out saying the service center has given a quote of 1 Lakh+. There is a line item of INR 80,000 for the 'Left Headlight Assembly'. That seemed atrocious to me. Does a Verna headlamp assembly cost that much?

I know this is the 2017 Verna thread, but seemed to be the most recent one
Old 25th October 2023, 22:17   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Hi All, Needed some input. My brother in law's Nexon was rear ended by a Verna. It is a 2013 car. While they parted ways after deciding to claim their individual insurance, the Verna guy reached out saying the service center has given a quote of 1 Lakh+. There is a line item of INR 80,000 for the 'Left Headlight Assembly'. That seemed atrocious to me. Does a Verna headlamp assembly cost that much?

I know this is the 2017 Verna thread, but seemed to be the most recent one
Just checked Boodmo and headlight of one of the variants of 2013 Verna does seem to be Rs.80,832. I don't understand why it costs so much. 2018 top end verna headlight costs only around 20k.
SteeringWheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 23:35   #1154
BHPian

Has any one changed the tyres recently? I am due for a tyre change in couple of months now. Considering to go for Conti / Vredestein - 205 / 55 / R16. Inclined more towards Conti. Any inputs from anyone who has changed the tyres recently?
Old 7th January 2024, 18:14   #1155

Recently replaced ecopia with bridgestone sturdo. 8.5k per piece. Unconditional warranty. I’m happy till date.
ybgavali is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks