Team-BHP - Hyundai Verna : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Hyundai Verna : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/192984-hyundai-verna-official-review-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 4339771)
Use the cruise control whenever possible.

Right! I use CC even on a short 200-300 meter patch - hope it doesn't harm the car though. Another thing I will try as advised is to try out the manual mode.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 4339771)
Mines Diesel AT Sx.

Hi, I have also short listed Verna diesel AT for a daily drive of 80kms. Do you think is it a wise choice or should I consider any more options as well? It is basically for office commute from faridabad to noida and once a quarter highway trips with family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt (Post 4340010)
Hi, I have also short listed Verna diesel AT for a daily drive of 80kms. Do you think is it a wise choice or should I consider any more options as well? It is basically for office commute from faridabad to noida and once a quarter highway trips with family.

Unless you need a SUV body style and roads are in very bad state, Diesel AT should be perfect for you. Rapid/Vento comes with a better gearbox but with it also comes reliability concerns.

Could any Verna diesel AT owners share their experiences on regular service costs incurred? I plan to keep the vehicle atleast till 150000 kms or say 7 years. Is it a viable option to keep verna for that long considering maintenance costs? Or should I look somewhere else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt (Post 4340010)

Try new Dezire and Ciaz too. Its a one time buy and hence it will be good if you can TD those and decide :)

I am looking for a Diesel automatic and have taken the test drive of both Vento 1.5L Diesel AT and Hyundai Verna 1.6L AT.I feel Verna is far superior in terms of NVH levels,pick up and overall driving comfort.I have decided to go with the Verna 1.6L. Are there any other parameters to consider before I make the purchase or am I on the right track?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailukitta (Post 4343566)
I am looking for a Diesel automatic and have taken the test drive of both Vento 1.5L Diesel AT and Hyundai Verna 1.6L AT.I feel Verna is far superior in terms of NVH levels,pick up and overall driving comfort.I have decided to go with the Verna 1.6L. Are there any other parameters to consider before I make the purchase or am I on the right track?!

Cool. I am also in the same boat and Creta AT diesel is also in my consideration. What are the quotes you got for Verna and Vento? And which variant are you considering in Verna? Do you mind sharing the quotes here and I can too? We will get some idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt (Post 4343587)
Cool. I am also in the same boat and Creta AT diesel is also in my consideration. What are the quotes you got for Verna and Vento? And which variant are you considering in Verna? Do you mind sharing the quotes here and I can too? We will get some idea.

I am planning to go with the Verna EX AT. I was also looking at Vento Highline AT. Here are the quotes :
Verna EX Diesel AT : Rs 14,19,000 (on-road)
Vento highline Diesel AT : 14,10,000 (on-road)

Vento Highline Diesel AT actually costs around 15,30,000 but there is a 15% discount on ex-showroom price on 2017 vehicles and hence it is matching the price of Verna AT.

Though DSG is a better gearbox than the one on the Verna, the other parameters like the 1.6L engine giving out a mighty 128hp and the exceptional refinement of the engine is making it a much better car to drive than the Vento. I seriously felt that vento is absolutely not rev happy experiencing the kind of vibrations and noise that it is producing while on full throttle.

The only concern with the Verna is the rear legroom which is definitely a compromise. A bunch of hatchbacks have a better legroom than the Verna. But the rest of the package is so strong that I chose to overlook it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailukitta (Post 4343674)
I am planning to go with the Verna EX AT. I was also looking at Vento Highline AT. Here are the quotes :
Verna EX Diesel AT : Rs 14,19,000 (on-road)
Vento highline Diesel AT : 14,10,000 (on-road)

Vento Highline Diesel AT actually costs around 15,30,000 but there is a 15% discount on ex-showroom price on 2017 vehicles and hence it is matching the price of Verna AT.

Though DSG is a better gearbox than the one on the Verna, the other parameters like the 1.6L engine giving out a mighty 128hp and the exceptional refinement of the engine is making it a much better car to drive than the Vento. I seriously felt that vento is absolutely not rev happy experiencing the kind of vibrations and noise that it is producing while on full throttle.

The only concern with the Verna is the rear legroom which is definitely a compromise. A bunch of hatchbacks have a better legroom than the Verna. But the rest of the package is so strong that I chose to overlook it.

There are rumours of a Polo sedan which can replace the Vento in the future.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...-unveiled.html

It's OT but Vento is called Polo Sedan in UAE. Did not do well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 4343790)
There are rumours of a Polo sedan which can replace the Vento in the future.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...-unveiled.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by meetgds (Post 4328333)
You hit 30 kmpl ? :Shockked:

Yeah I was surprised too. This was on the Pune-Mumbai expressway while coming from Hinjewadi to Navi Mumbai. I can easily get 25 kmpl on that stretch so I decided to push it as far as I could.

Things I observed:
Now just because I can does not mean I always will. ;) After all one of the reasons for buying this car is to enjoy the rush.

I recently went for a trip on my next gen verna SxO diesel and the car returned a mileage of 22.5kmpl (combined highway and 2 days of inside town commute on hilly terrains of yercaud) for whole trip of 820kms and 24.4kmpl (on return leg back to home from yercaud). It would have been even more impressive if i had not got caught up in Chennai traffic as the MID was showing 25kmpl till then. All these happened in good aggressive drive on highway. I think it would have been more frugal had i not stepped above 100kmph.

I have pictures of my MID but not able to attach here

Any all new Verna Petrol AT owners here? I test drove the AT and i somehow did not feel comfortable with it all. Am moving from a manual, so that might have been the case, but I found the Vento Tsi far easier to get used to, sure the shifts are faster, but in general the ease of use seemed better. May be I am wrong, please give me some inputs and also do let me know if any of you compared the City CVT vs the Verna AT and as to why you finally chose the Verna AT.

Sorry for the back to back posts, was checking out the key differences between EX AT and the SX.
Apart from the usual suspects such as missing DRLs, smaller alloys etc, is there a difference in the suspension setup? Car wale lists the EX to have McPherson strut with stabiliser bar whereas the SX has McPherson struts with coil spring. Why would Hyundai differentiate suspension? Is it something to do with the automatic transmission?

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorworks (Post 4353930)
Any all new Verna Petrol AT owners here? I test drove the AT and i somehow did not feel comfortable with it all.

My father is the owner of a Verna Petrol AT and I extensively test drove the Vento TSI before buying the Verna. The Vento is definitely the better driver's car. I really liked the engine and the gearbox combination. I felt that the Verna had the slightly better initial pickup as it is a naturally aspirated 1.6 engine but the Vento is better overall. The DSG of the Vento is very very good as a lot of the owners here will attest.

Our reasons for picking the Verna were:
The City was not in consideration as we felt that the exterior design was overdone by Honda. We preferred the understated looks of the Verna.

Hi All,

How about the tyre rotation alignment and balancing? What should be the frequency? Should this be done only with the Hyundai ASC or can be done outside as well?