Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2017, 15:17   #91
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBa View Post
That said, the Verna being a sedan does have a relatively lower seating position than a Maruti Wagon R/Swift/Ritz.
Even the fluidic Verna has a much lower seating position, and it clearly shows when I switch between my i10 and Verna. The difference is not subtle.
meetgds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 20:05   #92
BHPian

Sorry if this has been asked on the forum before, but has anyone installed an HID/LED kit on the projector fog lamps yet?
If so, an urgent response would be much appreciated, as my cousin has chewed my head off about the same.
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 08:23   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
Sorry if this has been asked on the forum before, but has anyone installed an HID/LED kit on the projector fog lamps yet?
If so, an urgent response would be much appreciated, as my cousin has chewed my head off about the same.
Below you will find details about the HID kit installed by a fellow BHPian.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4296351
Old 30th December 2017, 10:35   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Below you will find details about the HID kit installed by a fellow BHPian.
I already know that BHPian RaghuChn has installed the Osram Xenarc HID kit on his headlights.
My query was about installing an HID kit on the projector fog lamps, sir.
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 22:11   #95

Ok. So after a long-long period of deliberation, planning, etc., I finally took delivery of my NextGenVerna. Variant: Petrol AT SX(O).

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-d0a10970891f4b5eb9b3c17f52d0980b.jpeg
meetraghav is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 15:40   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
Very irritating and very loud so I got the service center to disable the beeping during lock/unlock. I think they disconnected a wire, not very sure about what they did. Much better now.
Disabling the beep, is actually a very simple DIY.
Jus disconnect the connector to the horn. You will find the connector with blue colour wire, below the coolant tank and towards the side of the horn. You need to press the connector and pull to disconnect. Only problem is availability of space to put your hand through.

Last edited by SRTH1987 : 5th January 2018 at 15:41.
SRTH1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 01:57   #97
Senior - BHPian

Can Petrol MT owners specify what mileage they are getting ?

Thanks.
Old 15th January 2018, 11:07   #98
BHPian

Hi All

Request you to please illuminate on the following:

1. What is the overall city mileage you are getting on the Verna AT

2. The navigational guidance is good, but sorely miss the real-time updated Google Maps. Is there any way to project Google Maps on the screen?

3. Apple Car Play throws up a few basic options like iBooks, Text Messages etc. which are of no real use. Any way to see all the apps on your phone on the car screen - WhatsApp, Gaana and all others?

Many Thanks!
Old 15th January 2018, 14:01   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayJohri View Post
Hi All

Request you to please illuminate on the following:

14-15 for my last tank. Worst i have had was 11ish.

Quote:

2. The navigational guidance is good, but sorely miss the real-time updated Google Maps. Is there any way to project Google Maps on the screen?
Android Auto.

Quote:
3. Apple Car Play throws up a few basic options like iBooks, Text Messages etc. which are of no real use. Any way to see all the apps on your phone on the car screen - WhatsApp, Gaana and all others?

Many Thanks!
Android Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetraghav View Post
Ok. So after a long-long period of deliberation, planning, etc., I finally took delivery of my NextGenVerna. Variant: Petrol AT SX(O).
Congrats! They now have SX(O) for all versions?

Last edited by jkdas : 15th January 2018 at 14:02.
jkdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 15:53   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Raghav. You have made a great decision, and here's wishing you happy miles in your new car. The Verna won't leave much room for a wish-list now: its got everything offered in its league and beyond. And good you bought it now...I believe that the 1.4L version has made a comeback, but the thrills of a 1.6L variant are unmatched. Happy and safe driving, and do post your ownership review after you have driven it a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Android Auto.
Thanks JKDas. I have done about 2000 kms, and so far, I am getting about 11 kmpl. This is pretty bad, but I attribute it to two factors: One, the bad city traffic, and second, the fact that the engine has run for just 2K. Hope this figure goes up as I touch the 3K mark.

Incidentally, I got 17kmpl on a Delhi-Agra-Delhi trip, and while on the highway, I got 19 kmpl. The car is excellent, but obviously, the city traffic takes a big toll on the FE.

And basis what you advise, I think it makes sense to carry an additional Android phone specifically for the Google Map projection. Will try that out (Apple Car play seems rather stupid and of very limited use now). Thanks!

Last edited by SDP : 16th January 2018 at 07:16. Reason: Please use multi-quote instead of typing one post after another.
Old 15th January 2018, 22:35   #101

Quote:
Getting about 9 kmpl right now. All city driving. But it’s just about 250 kms run. Not even one full fuel tank emptied!

Quote:
I didn’t quite like the navigation but right now it’s not needed much and whatever little is needed, it gets the job done. Still, Android Auto is a good option. Haven’t tried Apple CarPlay yet though iPhone is my primary phone set in the system and it works seamlessly.

As for the 1.4 ltr variants, I don’t think they are being offered in the top variant which I wanted else I would have been offering Hyundai a generous piece of my mind and tongue.

Will definitely be posting an ownership review once I clock at least one highway trip.
Old 16th January 2018, 05:38   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Quote:
Thanks JKDas. I have done about 2000 kms, and so far, I am getting about 11 kmpl.
Quote:
Getting about 9 kmpl right now. All city driving.
Friends, please also specify whether your Verna is Petrol AT or Diesel AT. Thanks.
Old 16th January 2018, 08:11   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Friends, please also specify whether your Verna is Petrol AT or Diesel AT. Thanks.
I have a Petrol AT.

On an related note, I tried to do a couple of runs to office driving the car in manual mode and it seemed that the mileage was considerably higher than AT.
meetraghav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 11:01   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mines Diesel AT Sx. Hope this helps. I use cruise control whenever I can too which helped attain this.

Quote:

Thanks JKDas. I have done about 2000 kms, and so far, I am getting about 11 kmpl. This is pretty bad, but I attribute it to two factors: One, the bad city traffic, and second, the fact that the engine has run for just 2K. Hope this figure goes up as I touch the 3K mark.

Incidentally, I got 17kmpl on a Delhi-Agra-Delhi trip, and while on the highway, I got 19 kmpl. The car is excellent, but obviously, the city traffic takes a big toll on the FE.
Use the cruise control whenever possible. I used to get 11-12 when I was not using it. Gear changes happen more efficiently when you use it.

Last edited by jkdas : 16th January 2018 at 11:05.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 14:04   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is Petrol AT. Waiting for it to cross about 3000 kms. And i try to use Cruise Control the moment is see an optimal 200-300 meter clear patch...which too is rare in the city drive
AjayJohri is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks