Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2018, 08:40   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
If the cheaper i20 has it then it's its highly unlikely that it's costlier more premium big brother wouldn't. Just doesn't fit. I don't think it works that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Mostly the brochure is not updated. When launched, Verna did not come with EBD and only ABS was mentioned in the site. The site was later updated and I am hoping that Verna now comes with ABS+EBD.

Related thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4390931
Thanks guys. Yes, logically it does make sense. My worry was that the hyundai guys didn't reply. Incidentally they replied yesterday asking for my location so that they can refer a dealer!! With no mention of the query that I had asked.
Old 29th July 2018, 18:12   #272
BHPian

Dear friends, Has the boot had enough space to accommodate 16" 195 (standard stock size on SX+) or 205 (upsize) profile Tyre as I hate to use the smaller Tyre as the spare (which comes with 15" 185 profile). I've had a list of things to do as soon as I get the car delivered and the first item on the list is to change the tyres to Yokohama Earth 1 (preferably with 205/55 R16). While doing so, I plan to change the fifth one as well (with the alloy wheel of required size).

Last edited by madmaxvistian : 29th July 2018 at 18:23.
Old 30th July 2018, 08:50   #273
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

I've been hooked by the Verna, right since I checked it out for the first time back in October last year. I've had multiple test drives over the last 6 months and I could really connect with the car, every time I drove it. That's important to me because no matter what the specifications or reviewers say, as an enthusiast, I'd always pick the one that feels right! My next car had to be the Verna.

Yesterday, I finally took the plunge and booked the the SX (O) Petrol Manual. The colour we chose is Flame Orange; the Verna looks ravishing in this shade! I was eyeing the SX variant initially. However, both me and wifey felt that certain features like the 6 Air Bags, Sun-roof, Ventilated Seats, Smart Key and Supervision Cluster added a good amount of safety and premium feel. You can't add these as aftermarket accessories and so the the additional cost is definitely worth it. What helped was a sweet deal I managed to strike with Advaith Hyundai, which includes a discount amounting to 62k along with free Door Sill Plates and Car Cover. I've posted more details about the booking here.

I've requested for a delivery in the last week of August. So the wait begins.
red.devil_19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 13:23   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
I've had multiple test drives over the last 6 months and I could really connect with the car, every time I drove it. That's important to me because no matter what the specifications or reviewers say, as an enthusiast, I'd always pick the one that feels right!

Yesterday, I finally took the plunge and booked the the SX (O) Petrol Manual.

What helped was a sweet deal I managed to strike with Advaith Hyundai, which includes a discount amounting to 62k along with free Door Sill Plates and Car Cover. I've posted more details about the booking here.
Congratulations! And yes, some waiting is part of buying the car!

You wrote you could connect to the car and Verna felt right. Can you also tell us in what all sense? The driving dynamics, steering, stability, etc?

I have asked for my first test drive of this car for the coming week-end. Though the SA says that they allow only short and an inside-the-township kind of test drive, I have insisted on allowing it on the open highway (which anyway passes very close to my flat). He said he would talk to his seniors. I have told him that I am not interested in too much of speed test etc, but would indeed like to know its stability and driving dynamics.

And, finally, how did you manage this big discount? I will be reading the other post of yours, of course.

Vip.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 13:59   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Congratulations! And yes, some waiting is part of buying the car!
Thank you. Yeah, I generally don't put too much of a time constraint on dealerships when purchasing a car. I know unrealistically quick delivery schedules are bound to end in disappointment. But I am firm with them once they commit a date. So happy to wait!

Quote:
You wrote you could connect to the car and Verna felt right. Can you also tell us in what all sense? The driving dynamics, steering, stability, etc?
Well, first thing is this car has very mature ride and handling for a Hyundai. During the test drives I drove it at pretty decent triple digit speeds and I was very happy with the stability. There is no uncomfortable vertical movements as such. The steering being an EPS unit may not have great feedback, but I felt its quite direct and the car responds well to steering inputs. For comparison, I have a Beat which came with a HPS. The HPS obviously has far better feedback and general feel, but considering whats on offer these days, I felt Verna's steering is quite good. However, my connect with the car is not just limited to its performance and dynamics. Every switch / button / lever you interact with has such great feel and feedback, it leaves you thoroughly impressed. The Verna feels very well put together and what can I say, I simply could not choose any other vehicle in this price range!

Quote:
I have insisted on allowing it on the open highway (which anyway passes very close to my flat).
It might help to gather some reviews through Google / Facebook / other customers as to which dealership has a good reputation in your city. Generally the better ones will agree to your request. I found different branches of the same dealership to respond differently! Some go the extra mile to win a customer.

Quote:
And, finally, how did you manage this big discount? I will be reading the other post of yours, of course.
Month end is a good time for discounts as sales representatives have their targets. May require 2-3 visits along with pitting one dealer's offer against the other. Show genuine interest in buying the car and make sure they know you're a knowledgeable customer. Have a price in mind that you're willing to pay and bargain with them accordingly. I'm sure you'll get a good deal! Also, the impending launch of the Ciaz facelift may have possibly helped me, dunno!
Old 30th July 2018, 16:29   #276
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxvistian View Post
Dear friends, Has the boot had enough space to accommodate 16" 195 (standard stock size on SX+) or 205 (upsize) profile Tyre as I hate to use the smaller Tyre as the spare (which comes with 15" 185 profile). I've had a list of things to do as soon as I get the car delivered and the first item on the list is to change the tyres to Yokohama Earth 1 (preferably with 205/55 R16). While doing so, I plan to change the fifth one as well (with the alloy wheel of required size).

Though I have not physically checked, but I guess it would fit in the wheel well. If you require, I will try to click a photo of my car (petrol SX) with space saver tire in it to help you gauge the size.
By the way, my Verna came with Hankook tires, I feel they are pretty decent and comparable to Yoko E1 (I used to have Yoko E1 in my last car).

Quote:
I've been hooked by the Verna, right since I checked it out for the first time back in October last year.
Many congratulations. Wish you many happy miles ahead. Orange in Verna is definitely a looker.

Now, I am in this situation. My Verna has completed 1 week post-delivery today. Next week I am planning a 1K KMs round-trip. I am expecting, by the time I complete my trip, I will be overshooting the 1500 KM mark for 1st service. But, before the trip, I may cover roughly 700-800 KMs.

So, what is suggested, to service the car in just 2 weeks and 700 KM on odometer to wait till my trip to be over and risking warranty?
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 16:36   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Well, first thing is this car has very mature ride and handling for a Hyundai. During the test drives I drove it at pretty decent triple digit speeds and I was very happy with the stability. There is no uncomfortable vertical movements as such. The steering being an EPS unit may not have great feedback, but I felt its quite direct and the car responds well to steering inputs. For comparison, I have a Beat which came with a HPS. The HPS obviously has far better feedback and general feel, but considering whats on offer these days, I felt Verna's steering is quite good. However, my connect with the car is not just limited to its performance and dynamics. Every switch / button / lever you interact with has such great feel and feedback, it leaves you thoroughly impressed. The Verna feels very well put together and what can I say, I simply could not choose any other vehicle in this price range!

Month end is a good time for discounts as sales representatives have their targets. May require 2-3 visits along with pitting one dealer's offer against the other. Show genuine interest in buying the car and make sure they know you're a knowledgeable customer.
Also, the impending launch of the Ciaz facelift may have possibly helped me, dunno!
Yes, you have addressed precisely those issues which I have also been wondering about. You mean that the car feels to be a single and well-integrated unit. That is pretty good news.

Regarding the steering and stability: My experiences are determined by the old Fiesta that I own. But I have seen on this forum a couple of Fiesta and Linea owners buying this new 2017 edition of the Verna and having no big complaints about its ride and driveability. At the same time, I was wondering if you did not try the Europeans too, such as the Rapid.

Your inputs about the deal are really useful. Thanks a lot.
And, more later.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 30th July 2018 at 16:37.
Old 30th July 2018, 18:13   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Many congratulations. Wish you many happy miles ahead. Orange in Verna is definitely a looker.

So, what is suggested, to service the car in just 2 weeks and 700 KM on odometer to wait till my trip to be over and risking warranty?
Thank you PetrolRider. Regarding your first servicing, I think it depends on the workshop folks as to whether they'll be very strict on the distance covered before taking it to them. The first service is usually nothing but some checks and car wash. So I don't think there is any harm in getting this service done before you reach the the 1500km mark. Best is to call up the workshop and have it clarified.

Quote:
Regarding the steering and stability: My experiences are determined by the old Fiesta that I own. But I have seen on this forum a couple of Fiesta and Linea owners buying this new 2017 edition of the Verna and having no big complaints about its ride and driveability. At the same time, I was wondering if you did not try the Europeans too, such as the Rapid.
Yes you're right even I was happy to read ex-Linea & Fiesta owners happy with the Verna. Its good to have a realistic expectation on the Verna's dynamics. When you look around, there aren't any cars in this segment that give the same driving pleasure as Linea and Fiesta. Verna is a predictable and safe handler and one can have decent amount of fun driving it!

Regarding the Rapid, well, we've owned a 2010 Vento 1.6 MPI. Our experience with VW has been disappointing. They are great to drive but too many small niggles are frustrating. I know, they've improved these two cars over time but there hasn't been significant updates to the design, whether its the exterior or interior. It's an 8 year old design after all. Now, I love the timeless look of the Vento & Rapid, but for me it looks and feels largely the same as our old car. I also wanted something with good reliability. The thing with the Verna is, it strikes the right balance among all parameters. We've also owned a Santro & an i10 and the ownership experience with Hyundai was always good.
Old 31st July 2018, 01:25   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Though I have not physically checked, but I guess it would fit in the wheel well. If you require, I will try to click a photo of my car (petrol SX) with space saver tire in it to help you gauge the size.
By the way, my Verna came with Hankook tires, I feel they are pretty decent and comparable to Yoko E1 (I used to have Yoko E1 in my last car).
Thanks,I should be able to gauge that now as the Car is resting in my parking lot. Yes, took the delivery this evening and enjoyed a little drive around Chennai. I've not managed to get good shots due to the congested and gloomy delivery bay of Kun. I plan to take some snaps later on and will post it soon.

With respect to your servicing dilemma, If your travel destination has an authorized Hyundai Service center, you may want to think of servicing the Car before starting the return trip by which time you must have completed 1200+ Km provided you've a few hours to spare in your itinerary. If that is not a possibility, it is best to get the service done before you venture into the trip though 700 Km is relatively low mileage for the first service.

Last edited by madmaxvistian : 31st July 2018 at 01:28. Reason: Additional details
madmaxvistian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 12:20   #280
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks,I should be able to gauge that now as the Car is resting in my parking lot. Yes, took the delivery this evening and enjoyed a little drive around Chennai. I've not managed to get good shots due to the congested and gloomy delivery bay of Kun. I plan to take some snaps later on and will post it soon.

With respect to your servicing dilemma, If your travel destination has an authorized Hyundai Service center, you may want to think of servicing the Car before starting the return trip by which time you must have completed 1200+ Km provided you've a few hours to spare in your itinerary. If that is not a possibility, it is best to get the service done before you venture into the trip though 700 Km is relatively low mileage for the first service.

Excellent news, many congratulations . Find some time and sneak out for a longish drive.

Regarding, my service dilemma, I don't think it will be possible to service between a trip. I will ring up service station sometime and check with them. Hopefully, they will think rationally.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 31st July 2018 at 12:21. Reason: Removed [/FONT] tags
Old 3rd August 2018, 22:57   #281
BHPian

The dealer I have visited mentions INR 15680 as the cost for extended warranty on new Verna 1.6 diesel MT. I am given the impression that it is for the fourth year only. Anyone having idea about the cost if one takes extended warranty for the fourth and fifth year together?

They tell me that the "unlimited kms" will become "limited" with availing of extended warranty.

Also, will there be any difference in the parts covered by standard warranty and extended warranty?

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 3rd August 2018 at 22:59.
Old 3rd August 2018, 23:20   #282
BHPian

Quote:
I've been hooked by the Verna, right since I checked it out for the first time back in October last year. I've had multiple test drives over the last 6 months and I could really connect with the car, every time I drove it. That's important to me because no matter what the specifications or reviewers say, as an enthusiast, I'd always pick the one that feels right! My next car had to be the Verna.

Yesterday, I finally took the plunge and booked the the SX (O) Petrol Manual. The colour we chose is Flame Orange; the Verna looks ravishing in this shade! I was eyeing the SX variant initially. However, both me and wifey felt that certain features like the 6 Air Bags, Sun-roof, Ventilated Seats, Smart Key and Supervision Cluster added a good amount of safety and premium feel.
Congratulations on the purchase. The SX(O) offers great features and is absolutely great

The price difference between SX Diesel and SX(O) diesel is not as much as the difference between SX petrol and SX(O) petrol. This is because SX petrol is below 10 L ex-showroom price. So from a features for Rs perspective, SX(O) diesel is better and SX petrol for gasoline engines.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 14:41   #283
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer I have visited mentions INR 15680 as the cost for extended warranty on new Verna 1.6 diesel MT. I am given the impression that it is for the fourth year only. Anyone having idea about the cost if one takes extended warranty for the fourth and fifth year together?

They tell me that the "unlimited kms" will become "limited" with availing of extended warranty.

Also, will there be any difference in the parts covered by standard warranty and extended warranty?
http://customercare.hyundai.co.in/ExtendedWarranty.aspx
Check this link for extended warranty options and their prices.

It also mentions the items which are covered and not covered. Warranty does not cover wear and tear items.

You have to opt for EW before a certain ODO reading and once bought, it is valid uptil a limited max km.

Sometimes EW is offered with a slight discount for small limited periods. Try to grab the offer then.
Old 4th August 2018, 16:56   #284
BHPian

Quote:
The fourth and fifth year extended warranty together costs Rs. 18630.
Standard warranty : Up to 3 years, Unlimited Kms
4th year EW : Up to 1 lakh Km
5th year EW : Up to 1.2 lakh Km

If you cross the applicable limit according to the EW plan before the expiry of the standard warranty, you're not entitled to raise any claims against the extended warranty.
You can go through the link provided by Myth_sx for the detailed information.
Hope this helps!

I've a question to All those who owns the new Verna,related to the tools provided with the Car. The manual clearly lists out Jack Handle, Jack, Wheel lug nut wrench, Towing hook, Spanner and Screw Driver. However I've not received the towing hook, spanner and driver. When I questioned the SA, he told me that Hyundai is not providing them in newer Cars and even requested me to visit the showroom to check it for myself in any new Car delivery.

This is quite surprising and couldn't understand how should we tow the Car in case of any emergency when there is no towing truck available with wheel dollies. Is it really Hyundai skimping on the essentials or Is it the problem with the showroom? Can someone please help confirming this?

Thanks

Last edited by madmaxvistian : 4th August 2018 at 17:03. Reason: Additional details
Old 4th August 2018, 22:50   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
http://customercare.hyundai.co.in/ExtendedWarranty.aspx
Check this link for extended warranty options and their prices.

Sometimes EW is offered with a slight discount for small limited periods. Try to grab the offer then.
Thanks a lot for the link. That clarifies my doubts regarding extended warranty. I don't know if there is any discount offer on EW right now.

Quote:
The fourth and fifth year extended warranty together costs Rs. 18630.
Standard warranty : Up to 3 years, Unlimited Kms
4th year EW : Up to 1 lakh Km
5th year EW : Up to 1.2 lakh Km

If you cross the applicable limit according to the EW plan before the expiry of the standard warranty, you're not entitled to raise any claims against the extended warranty.
Thanks. Yes, but it is around Rs. 16800 if you take the extended warranty within 90 days of the purchase of the car in case of New Verna diesel models.

By the way, I took the test drive of diesel MT today. I could drive it for over 22 kms on almost highway like conditions. I felt it to be stable and liked the way its torque and power delivery worked. Steering was relatively smaller, it was super light (to me) in slow pace but as speed came, it was firm and extended confidence, though not feedback. The car also feels to be all a single unit without any noticeable build issues. Later, I asked the driver to drive for two kms so that I could sit at the rear. Space etc was not much of a botheration for me, but while in the driver seat, I was feeling that something was lacking in terms of lumber support. Either the footwell was not deep enough or the seat was too flat even on the maximum-height position. I am thinking about how to handle this issue, as driver seat comfort is very crucial for long drives. In Fiesta, I have comparatively a more supportive seat, and what is more, there is that angle down from the dash where I can keep and rest my knee part leaning. If Verna has to be the choice, I need to find a way to sort this.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 4th August 2018 at 22:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks