Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2018, 14:31   #286
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post

Space etc was not much of a botheration for me, but while in the driver seat, I was feeling that something was lacking in terms of lumber support. Either the footwell was not deep enough or the seat was too flat even on the maximum-height position. I am thinking about how to handle this issue, as driver seat comfort is very crucial for long drives. In Fiesta, I have comparatively a more supportive seat, and what is more, there is that angle down from the dash where I can keep and rest my knee part leaning. If Verna has to be the choice, I need to find a way to sort this.

Driver seating comfort is one of the most important point. At the end of the day, if your drive gives your fatigue, you will end up avoiding the drive itself (from experience). I for one, cannot compromise with driver seating comfort.

Matter of fact, human body physics are different, some cars might suit some while disappoint others. For example, I find Honda City driving position very uncomfortable for my physic, but for majority in the forum, Honda City offers best driving position and comfort.

If possible, try another test drive with focus on driving comfort. Take some time adjusting the seat, before the test drive. As Verna is concerned, may I suggest to keep the seat height as low as possible with slightly pushed back and reclined seat back?
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 18:26   #287
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxvistian View Post
I've a question to All those who owns the new Verna,related to the tools provided with the Car. The manual clearly lists out Jack Handle, Jack, Wheel lug nut wrench, Towing hook, Spanner and Screw Driver. However I've not received the towing hook, spanner and driver. When I questioned the SA, he told me that Hyundai is not providing them in newer Cars and even requested me to visit the showroom to check it for myself in any new Car delivery.

This is quite surprising and couldn't understand how should we tow the Car in case of any emergency when there is no towing truck available with wheel dollies. Is it really Hyundai skimping on the essentials or Is it the problem with the showroom? Can someone please help confirming this?

Thanks
First of all, my apologies to Moderators for back to back post. I couldn't have the information ready with me to answer madmaxvistian during my previous post.

Dear madmaxvistian, please find the photo of all that I have received with my car. Apparently, I have the towing hook, it is placed on a small pouch on the bag that contains the jack. Spanner and Screw Driver (single unit) and wrench is in a separate pouch.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-verna_tool.jpg  

PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 22:27   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
First of all, my apologies to Moderators for back to back post. I couldn't have the information ready with me to answer madmaxvistian during my previous post.

Dear madmaxvistian, please find the photo of all that I have received with my car. Apparently, I have the towing hook, it is placed on a small pouch on the bag that contains the jack. Spanner and Screw Driver (single unit) and wrench is in a separate pouch.
Thank you so much PetrolRider for taking time to snap and post here with the details. I ran to parking and checked only to find that towing hook is provided which is housed in a compact pocket on the Jack's pouch.. However I couldn't find any other pouch with the spanner and the driver which seems to be missing. I'll see if I can get it from the Sales guy who doesn't have a clue of these tools.
madmaxvistian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 08:17   #289
BHPian

Quote:
If possible, try another test drive with focus on driving comfort. Take some time adjusting the seat, before the test drive. As Verna is concerned, may I suggest to keep the seat height as low as possible with slightly pushed back and reclined seat back?
Yes, sure. I have been planning for another couple of test drives in Verna, particularly to check this aspect. The car has appeared to be otherwise decent enough in drivability, comfort and space. The lack of sufficient headroom etc has been a problem in Honda's City as well, as I perceived and felt it. The rear legroom, of course, is different.

Initially, when I sat on Verna's driver seat, I thought there was no position problem. It was only during the 22 kms drive that I felt I was looking for a resting board for knee and lumber.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 10:23   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Ride & Handling

On the highway, most road irregularities & undulations won't bother you. There is no wallowing or bouncing that was seen in the old Vernas. It is only large and sharp potholes that can make themselves felt. Hyundai suspensions have matured, with each new car from their stable exhibiting neutral on-road behaviour.

High speed stability is better than its predecessors. The Verna can cruise at triple digits all day long without any nervousness (no tank this, but stability is satisfactory). It feels planted enough and even slightly rough patches of road do not seem to affect its composure. In terms of handling, grip levels are healthy and the car can change direction very easily. This Verna is stiffer than its predecessors and body roll is adequately controlled. For a family sedan, its abilities are par for the course. Under hard cornering too, there is sufficient grip offered by the 195/55 R16 Hankook tyres. It is only on mid-corner bumps that the car can get unsettled (unlike some Europeans). Overall, the Verna's suspension does the job with no serious deal breaker. Where the previous-gen car was lovingly called a 'boat' by us, the 2017 Verna has sorted road manners (it's no Linea though). No doubt that the Elantra's more premium platform is a contributor here, as is the Hyundai engineering team finally learning how to tune suspensions.
We followed (and were followed) by a brand-new Verna 1.6D at 100+ speeds on a deserted Maddur-Kunigal highway last weekend and I was deeply impressed by the body control and highway manners. I was in my Octavia 1.8 TSI DSG (albeit on very very worn OEM tyres), and I noticed that the Verna body-shell also displayed very mature handling, similar vertical suspension movements and generally a flat ride. A difference was that the Verna had only 2 occupants while were fully loaded with 3 adults +1 child and a lot of luggage.

Deeply impressed! I remember the original Hyundai Verna (with that insane diesel engine) wallowing like a boat on highways

Last edited by itwasntme : 7th August 2018 at 10:24.
itwasntme is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 12:19   #291
BHPian

Quote:
F Apparently, I have the towing hook, it is placed on a small pouch on the bag that contains the jack. Spanner and Screw Driver (single unit) and wrench is in a separate pouch.
I checked my Verna. I have the new Verna SX(O) bought in Oct 2017 and it has these items as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
We followed (and were followed) by a brand-new Verna 1.6D at 100+ speeds on a deserted Maddur-Kunigal highway last weekend and I was deeply impressed by the body control and highway manners.
Agree. The new Verna has great road manners. I am so impressed with the Verna (I have a diesel) that I am contemplating on buying a 2nd Verna - a petrol for my wife. Will drive the Ciaz automatic before making up my mind
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 12:06   #292
BANNED

New NextGen Hyundai Verna A/C compressor recall ?

I was being chased down by my service floor supervisor for last two days while I was enjoying with my black stallion in Monsoon in GOA. He finally visited today morning at 9 at my residence to check the A/C compressor.

As per him, Hyundai has recalled a specific series of A/C compressors to be replaced urgently. Somehow, mine is not part of the recall. The series number resembles like "DW1-X", where "X" stands for a digit. As per him, if this "X" is number 2, it needs replacement. Mine is number 1, hence need not have to be replaced. It seems, there is a quality issue with the "number 2" ones and near to 2000 Vernas are affected. Hyundai will be replacing them free of cost as part of this recall.

Somehow, after a bad experience with their sales, I cannot but ignore the assertiveness of their service people. Anyway, it's too early for a verdict, I only hope this to remain as same.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 13th August 2018 at 12:09.
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 14:21   #293
BHPian

Quote:
New NextGen Hyundai Verna A/C compressor recall ?As per him, Hyundai has recalled a specific series of A/C compressors to be replaced urgently. Somehow, mine is not part of the recall. The series number resembles like "DW1-X", where "X" stands for a digit. As per him, if this "X" is number 2, it needs replacement. Mine is number 1, hence need not have to be replaced. It seems, there is a quality issue with the "number 2" ones and near to 2000 Vernas are affected. Hyundai will be replacing them free of cost as part of this recall.
Hi, Are you sure about this? Can you confirm the news from your SA.
I had a feeling that my Verna's AC was performing a bit slow and my car was from the first batches so after reding your post, I called my SA and also checked with the official Customer care number but they both seem to deny any claims.
Old 14th August 2018, 16:48   #294
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
Hi, Are you sure about this? Can you confirm the news from your SA.
I had a feeling that my Verna's AC was performing a bit slow and my car was from the first batches so after reding your post, I called my SA and also checked with the official Customer care number but they both seem to deny any claims.

My SA told me that they got the directive on 7th. My Verna went for 1st servicing on 6th. In fact, he told me they had changed one customer' Verna who had the defective compressor.

I wonder, why would the floor manager would approach me from his end and visit my home and note down the compressor details a day after my first service. I was with him whole time and he just slide down under the bumper and took photo of the compressor number. He told me, only 2000 Vernas are affected. IMO, Hyundai might not want to make it a public recall and only contacting owners those Vernas’ VIN might fall under the investigations.

Anyway, I am just into 3rd week of my Hyundai ownership and yet to build any rapport with the service center. BHPians with access to more insider info on Hyundai may throw some light.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 14th August 2018 at 16:57.
Old 16th August 2018, 14:04   #295
BHPian

Almost a year into the ownership, the design and the car keep growing on me. Really love the black colour with the dirt and rain on the sides.

Petrol Manual is a breeze to drive. The mileage is not very satisfactory.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_3541.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_3539.jpg
ashish2135 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 17:50   #296
BHPian

Anyone complete their 2nd (1 yr / 10k kms) service yet? I have to give mine in the next week or so and would like to know what to expect.
Old 16th August 2018, 19:25   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
Petrol Manual is a breeze to drive. The mileage is not very satisfactory.
What's the mileage that you have got till now?
Old 16th August 2018, 23:14   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Does swapping stock horns of the New Verna with the ones in Creta void warranty?
They have same couplers so there is no wire cutting involved.
Hi islinea,

Did you manage to change the horns with Creta ones?
Even I'm interested in getting them changed. I inquired at my first service, the SA readily replied that there are 2 types of horns for Creta and he will have to check the coupler and place order for the correct one. Cost he mentioned around 3-4k, couldn't find time to go again and get it done. Might get it done the next time around.
Old 17th August 2018, 10:29   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Hi islinea,
Yes yogiii , I got them changed.
No need to change couplers, just replace the stock ones with Creta horns.
Cost was around Rs2800 with labour, since they had to remove the bumper for installation.
Old 17th August 2018, 10:37   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Yes yogiii , I got them changed.
No need to change couplers, just replace the stock ones with Creta horns.
Cost was around Rs2800 with labour, since they had to remove the bumper for installation.
Hi ishlinea7260, I have been thinking about replacing the horns too.
Is the horn replacement a plug and play type change?

I thought of getting an aftermarket horn would be cheaper, saw some great german horns for 1500-1600 on amazon through a team-bhp post.

I also got LED lights to replace the rear reflectors, haven found time to get them installed. Any idea of labour cost at Hyundai service centres?

Most Viewed