Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2018, 16:56   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

The manual does not seem to have anything on ilding the turbo for the diesel. Is idling not needed for the Verna Diesel for stops and starts or I missed the idling part in the manual?
Old 3rd September 2018, 11:56   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Anyone complete their 2nd (1 yr / 10k kms) service yet? I have to give mine in the next week or so and would like to know what to expect.
I just gave my car for the 2nd service.
It has only done 4391kms.
The SA told me that only engine oil, oil filter and ac filter will be changed, charges will be 4700, 180 and 150 approximately. The SA offered me a choice between two engine oils - normal and synthetic @ 350 per ltr. and 950 per ltr. I opted for synthetic. Verna consumes 5 ltr. of the engine oil.

I also asked for AC check which the SA didn't mention on the job card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
No need to change couplers, just replace the stock ones with Creta horns.
Cost was around Rs2800 with labour, since they had to remove the bumper for installation.
I asked the SA about the horn replacement during the 2nd service today. The SA said rs. 700 will be charged for the creta horn and no labour charges.

Quite skeptical about what they will end up doing.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd September 2018 at 17:01. Reason: Back to back posts merged
ashish2135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 14:12   #318
Senior - BHPian

Does any of you 1.6D owners feel that there's a bit too much of engine clatter noise, especially in lower rpms (~1500-1700 rpm) when the engine is a bit loaded? (During smooth acceleration)

I had this feeling that the diesel clatter noise is really audible in the cabin. This induces a feeling that the engine is a bit rough. I recently had a ride in my colleague's Creta 1.6D, and it felt much quieter and smoother than my Verna 1.6D inside.

There's also another issue that I am frustrated with - this is only applicable to 1.6D Automatic Transmission I guess -when accelerating smoothly with a light foot on the A-Pedal, there's a distinct shudder felt somewhat before 30 kmph, when it is almost time for the AT to shift to 3rd gear. This is not something that happens during the gear shift though. This is like a very momentary loss of power and engine catches it breath again and goes on accelerating smoothly. A milder version of the same annoyance is felt rarely on 3rd gear as well just above 40 kmph. Anyone else had experienced this? This is not something which became more and more evident over time, this was there from day #1. If I put it into a sequence, it will be like this:

(in Kmph) 1..2......10...15...16(shift to 2nd gear)....20...25...26...(shudder, momentary loss of power)...27..28...29...30..31(shift to 3rd gear)......

Last edited by clevermax : 3rd September 2018 at 14:24.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 15:33   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Does any of you 1.6D owners feel that there's a bit too much of engine clatter noise, especially in lower rpms (~1500-1700 rpm) when the engine is a bit loaded? (During smooth acceleration)

I had this feeling that the diesel clatter noise is really audible in the cabin. This induces a feeling that the engine is a bit rough. I recently had a ride in my colleague's Creta 1.6D, and it felt much quieter and smoother than my Verna 1.6D inside.
Very correct and rightly pointed out. I drove my friend's Verna Diesel manual yesterday and pointed out the same thing to him. The clatter noise is very evident. We both own the Creta as well and he agreed that the Creta does not make the same noise. Even though the engine is very smooth, it does not feel as powerful as the Creta diesel.
Old 3rd September 2018, 22:42   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
The SA said rs. 700 will be charged for the creta horn and no labour charges.

Quite skeptical about what they will end up doing.
I am attaching my invoice for horn and labour charges.
Rs.700 for the Creta horn ?
Either your SA doesn’t know about it or I got cheated .
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-939d8657448d49de8b701b867c9b68c1.jpeg  

Old 4th September 2018, 11:22   #321
BHPian

Quote:
I ended up paying 2900. Same as the charges mentioned in your invoice. Labour charges being 450 plus tax.
Old 4th September 2018, 12:32   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
I ended up paying 2900. Same as the charges mentioned in your invoice. Labour charges being 450 plus tax.

I think your service centre is following Team BHP closely
Old 4th September 2018, 15:47   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A bit expensive compared to fixing it from an accessory shop - I got it done an at accessory shop, 1K for Roots wind tone horn and fitting charge was negligible. About 1 hour of work as the bumper had to be dismantled.
Old 8th September 2018, 01:21   #324
BHPian

I have a Next Gen Verna SX(0) Diesel.

Couple of weeks back went on a drive and below is the mileage figure.

I tried maintaining between 80 - 100 KMPH.

Hi Guys,

For about a week I have a weird problem with the infotainment (Next Gen Verna SX(0) Diesel). Music doesn't gets resumed after I finish my call that's been paired with the infotainment.

Have taken calls many a times never I have seen such a behavior and this started recently.

After I attend a call, the music continues to plan but I don't hear anything (as though its on mute). The volume comes only after I change mode / switch on - off the AV.

Initially I suspected Slack android App as I used to pick official calls and at times slack calls does not get disconnected properly. Hence I uninstalled Slack but still the problem persist.

Here are the details,

Vehicle: Next Gen Verna SX(O) Diesel

Phone: Pixel 2 with Android 9 (Pie) with latest security patch.

Diagnosis tried,

1. Uninstalled Apps that could cause this issue
2. Unpaired the phone and paired it again - no luck

I am planning to do a reset and check if the problem persist.

Any help on this will be great!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20180825_062928.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th September 2018 at 06:48. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post if re-posting within 30 minutes. Thanks.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 11:05   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post

That’s excellent!
I have been getting consistently 23-24 kmpl and I thought I was doing good.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 18:57   #326
BHPian

Quote:

I had this feeling that the diesel clatter noise is really audible in the cabin. This induces a feeling that the engine is a bit rough.
I have the previous generation 2015 model, and the engine is butter smooth with absolutely no clatter, once warmed up. I use the normal OEM engine oil. Probably you need to run in a little more.
Old 10th September 2018, 13:49   #327
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Guys,

For about a week I have a weird problem with the infotainment (Next Gen Verna SX(0) Diesel). Music doesn't gets resumed after I finish my call that's been paired with the infotainment.

Have taken calls many a times never I have seen such a behavior and this started recently.

After I attend a call, the music continues to plan but I don't hear anything (as though its on mute). The volume comes only after I change mode / switch on - off the AV.

Initially I suspected Slack android App as I used to pick official calls and at times slack calls does not get disconnected properly. Hence I uninstalled Slack but still the problem persist.

Here are the details,

Vehicle: Next Gen Verna SX(O) Diesel

Phone: Pixel 2 with Android 9 (Pie) with latest security patch.

Diagnosis tried,

1. Uninstalled Apps that could cause this issue
2. Unpaired the phone and paired it again - no luck

I am planning to do a reset and check if the problem persist.

Any help on this will be great!
As soon as the call ends, press the mute button twice, the music will start playing. This shall definitely help.

Own a Verna SX (O) Petrol Automatic, completed around the same mileage i.e. 12,500 Kms.

Shall post a ownership review soon.
fidaford is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 22:29   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly, I feel that the engine noise is more audible and annoying in lower rpms. Once it crosses about 1700 rpm, it gets better. I'm still in the running-in period and about to reach 1000 Km mark. I'm eagerly looking forward to the first service and will have to see if the noise goes away once the car completes a couple of thousand km.

Quote:

Hi, I've observed this in my AVN system as well (Verna SX+ 2018) and now I understand that this is a bug in the system as I see a few people reporting similar issues. This has nothing to do with your phone. The music will stop playing whenever I switch on the ignition after a bit of delay during which the system would have started playing on the battery power. I had to switch modes to make it play again. This is kind of annoying and I need to figure out if Hyundai provides any firmware upgrade for the system.

I'll check with them when I visit for my first service within a week or two and will report back if there is any solution found upon RCA

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th September 2018 at 10:25. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
madmaxvistian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 17:24   #329
BHPian

Hi, is there any way of turning off the annoying lock/unlock beeps that the car makes?
It is loud
Old 11th September 2018, 20:24   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidaford View Post
As soon as the call ends, press the mute button twice, the music will start playing. This shall definitely help.
Thanks fidaford, this trick worked for me as well. Now I don't need to toggle across the modes but rather press the mute button twice which is simple and less annoying. Nevertheless I'll try to get it clarified and fixed by Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
Hi, is there any way of turning off the annoying lock/unlock beeps that the car makes?
It is loud
Hi, I don't think it is possible or in other words, it doesn't seem to worth the risk of tinkering with the central locking system. These buzzers are different from the Car Horns and are linked to the central locking system. I believe, turning them off will disable all the audible warnings for potential theft situations.

I've also been desperately looking to do something about it. However I stayed away from doing anything to save the trouble of unnecessary issues. The buzzer will be somewhere behind the battery and I'm sure we can disconnect it.

Most Viewed