Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2018, 13:21   #346
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
The fuel efficiency shown on the MID is not the 'projected' FE but the 'real time' FE. It is calculated by dividing the distance being travelled by the amount fuel being eaten. So it does not have anything to do with the number of passangers.
That is what I said. MID does not account or factor in the number of passengers whereas your real-world figures depends on how loaded the car is.
Old 18th September 2018, 07:37   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
That is what I said. MID does not account or factor in the number of passengers whereas your real-world figures depends on how loaded the car is.
Well, if the MID FE reading indeed is the Distance Traveled divided by the Actual Fuel Consumed, then this calculation automatically takes care of the load.

The actual fuel consumed is dependent on the load - speed / weight / AC etc. So if you have one person on board then the load is less, your car consumes lesser fuel (than would be the case if you had higher load) and you get higher FE. More passengers = more load = more fuel consumed = less FE (assuming driving style/conditions are identical).

Ideally, the MID FE readings should match the Tankful-to-Tankful calculation. But the accuracy of the MID reading would depend on the accuracy of the sensors that are used to determine the distance traveled and measure the fuel consumed. All instruments have some error so the MID and Tankful-to-Tankful calculation end up differing.
Old 20th September 2018, 02:36   #348
BHPian

The issue I have reported that after I attend a call, the music continues to plan but I don't hear anything (as though its on mute). It got fixed.

I have left my car for body shop repair and from yesterday. Once I took the car back home I did a reset of the player. Not sure if that has fixed the issue but I don't see that issue any more. I have at least tried more than 10 calls both dial in and receiving and it works fine.

Not sure if the player software version has been updated as it was in showroom for body shop (I doubt if someone will do / run the latest upgrade promptly without even asked for it!)
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20180919_221731.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20180919_221920.jpg  

hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 16:30   #349
BANNED

Out of blue, I got a call from Hyundai customer care. Following questions were asked and I was expected to give answer as Yes/No.
Few of the questions were:
  • If I am facing unusual engine noise
  • Is there a brake pedal shuddering
  • Is A/C functioning normally
  • Is there issue during Bluetooth connectivity
  • Actual mileage I am getting in City and Highway
  • Any gear stick issue
And a few more in similar line, but most of the questions are related to issues historically reported by some of our BHPians on several instances.
Luckily, for me, my black beauty is galloping without any issues till now (touch wood).

It seems, the questionnaires were made for some internal survey kind of thing for Hyundai as the representative just knew I have a Hyundai vehicle and not sure which one (she wanted to know If she can ask few questions regarding my Creta and I have a Verna).
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 09:59   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post

It seems, the questionnaires were made for some internal survey kind of thing for Hyundai as the representative just knew I have a Hyundai vehicle and not sure which one (she wanted to know If she can ask few questions regarding my Creta and I have a Verna).
I think they do this for everyone. I got a similar call with same set of questions 2 - 3 days after I took my car out of 2nd service.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 11:57   #351
BHPian

Got the rear reflective changed to LED lights.
https://www.amazon.in/Reflector-Brak...verna+led+rear

Taking out the bumper was a painful process for me to watch.
The LED light cost 1640 (from Amazon) + 200 labour charges.
Due to a short-circuiting while installing the lights, two fuses had to be changed.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_4548.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_4547.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_4546.jpg
ashish2135 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 21:54   #352
BHPian

Cranked the car after a week, and it won’t start. All the lights started blinking on the dashboard and there was some clicking noise.
Surprising that battery would run out in a 4 month 4000 km run car.
My other car doesn’t get started sometimes for over a month and cranks on the first attempt.
Anyway had a taste of Hyundai RSA.
I had called up the helpline at 6:30P.M.
Got a confirmation message at 6:37.
Hyundai RSA customer care said that the assistance will reach within 60 minutes.
Called up again at 7:30 since nobody had reached the site and was told the help is on the way and will reach within 10 minutes.
The RSA vehicle finally reached at 8:40 P.M. a good two hours after the first call.
This incident happened while the car was parked safely parked in the garage and I was at home itself. I don’t think I would have liked had it happened out on the highway with my family.

Other than that of late I have noticed that while turning steering all the way the car makes a mechanical sound.
It doesn’t occur regularly but gradually it is becoming more prominent.
Since I checked this while the car was stationary I thought maybe it’s due to the gravel and stones on the tarmac underneath?
I am not sure, any pointers?
ishlinea7260 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 23:49   #353
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post

Other than that of late I have noticed that while turning steering all the way the car makes a mechanical sound.
Since I checked this while the car was stationary I thought maybe it’s due to the gravel and stones on the tarmac underneath?
I think the noise is due to a faulty or bend tie rod. But what I understood is your car is 4000 km old, hence I don’t think tie rod would cause an issue so early. It is always better to check the same.

Note : I hope the mechanical sound you mentioned is a mild ‘tuk tuk’ rather than the sound of power steering motor.

Last edited by pavi : 25th September 2018 at 23:57. Reason: Spelling correction for tie rod
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 08:05   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Cranked the car after a week, and it won’t start. All the lights started blinking on the dashboard and there was some clicking noise.
Surprising that battery would run out in a 4 month 4000 km run car.
My other car doesn’t get started sometimes for over a month and cranks on the first attempt.
Anyway had a taste of Hyundai RSA.
I had called up the helpline at 6:30P.M.
Got a confirmation message at 6:37.
Hyundai RSA customer care said that the assistance will reach within 60 minutes.
Called up again at 7:30 since nobody had reached the site and was told the help is on the way and will reach within 10 minutes.
The RSA vehicle finally reached at 8:40 P.M. a good two hours after the first call.
This incident happened while the car was parked safely parked in the garage and I was at home itself. I don’t think I would have liked had it happened out on the highway with my family.

I had the same issue, my battery went dead, my car has clocked 6500 km, took it to service and was diagnosed with an update for Auto Link. Works fine after that.
Smooth Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 00:08   #355
BANNED

Hi. Is the EX model more VFM or SX in diesel verna? The main difference is alloy wheels, led tail lamps, projector headlights with DRL and a small ICE. Is the price difference of 1.10 lacs justified? If i buy EX, which among these accessories can i get intalled by the dealer or outsise.
Old 27th September 2018, 10:07   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManavJain View Post
Hi. Is the EX model more VFM or SX in diesel verna? The main difference is alloy wheels, led tail lamps, projector headlights with DRL and a small ICE. Is the price difference of 1.10 lacs justified? If i buy EX, which among these accessories can i get intalled by the dealer or outsise.
In my opinion the SX is worth it you get the 7” infotainment which has android auto and carplay. Also with that you will get a button on the steering wheel for google assistant and Siri. These can't be retrofitted to the EX. Also the projector headlights are a bonus the cornering lamps work great at night and the drls look awesome. Some features that you get with SX over EX
-Alloy wheels 16”
-Electrochromic Mirror
-Electric folding Mirrors
-LED Tail Lights which look a lot better than the ones on the EX. On EX they look pretty bad with uneven lighting.
- 6 speakers vs 4 in EX
Anirudh_sai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 11:01   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Drive View Post
I had the same issue, my battery went dead, my car has clocked 6500 km, took it to service and was diagnosed with an update for Auto Link. Works fine after that.
Had to visit the showroom post the battery fiasco because the right rear power window was not working, neither with the driver side buttons nor with the rear ones.
Surprisingly as soon as I reached the dealership it started working after a couple more attempts!
Meanwhile I asked them about the auto link update. They had no idea whatsoever.
@Smooth drive , did you mean an app update?
Or the firmware update which the app does while it’s connected to the car via Bluetooth and the internet?
Or the kind of software update the service technicians do with their OBD set up?

Sorry to bombard you with so many queries.
Old 27th September 2018, 11:19   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
I have the previous generation 2015 model, and the engine is butter smooth with absolutely no clatter, once warmed up. I use the normal OEM engine oil. Probably you need to run in a little more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxvistian View Post
Exactly, I feel that the engine noise is more audible and annoying in lower rpms. Once it crosses about 1700 rpm, it gets better. I'm still in the running-in period and about to reach 1000 Km mark. I'm eagerly looking forward to the first service and will have to see if the noise goes away once the car completes a couple of thousand km.
I drove a brand new Verna 1.6D MT bought by one of my neighbors last day and felt that the engine sound is much quieter than my car. The clatter sound wasn't there, at least from inside the cabin the sound felt so smooth and muffled. I am really annoyed by the clatter sound of my car at lower rpms. This isn't something which got developed over time, it was like that from day #1 and I had assumed every Verna 1.6D was like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
I have seen this too on my EX Auto. I wouldn't say power-loss but you do feel slight lag when the gear is shifting up. I am not an expert by any means but I assumed this is normal during a gear-shift in TC based automatic transmissions?
It is not actually a lag when the gear is shifting. As I explained, it happens during normal run (with a light foot on the pedal) and not exactly when the gear shift happens. Actually it happens somewhere near 2000 rpm when the gear shift is almost due from 2nd to 3rd gear. A momentary shudder and engine catches its breath again and keeps going. Gear shifts are perfect. Given below the behavior for easy reference.

Quote:
(in Kmph) 1..2......10...15...16(shift to 2nd gear)....20...25...26...(shudder, momentary loss of power)...27..28...29...30..31(shift to 3rd gear)......

Last edited by clevermax : 27th September 2018 at 11:27.
Old 27th September 2018, 12:21   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I drove a brand new Verna 1.6D MT bought by one of my neighbors last day and felt that the engine sound is much quieter than my car. The clatter sound wasn't there, at least from inside the cabin the sound felt so smooth and muffled. I am really annoyed by the clatter sound of my car at lower rpms. This isn't something which got developed over time, it was like that from day #1 and I had assumed every Verna 1.6D was like that.
I find the engine sound quite acceptable on low RPMs. I don't know if it is a placebo but recently on a trip I completed close to 9,000 kms on my Verna and while returning I found that the noise has gone down even further. Since then I feel the car has become even quieter.

Quote:
Given below the behavior for easy reference.
Haven't noticed this to be honest, but I will try to observe closely now.

In other news, I completed the 2nd free service (1 yr / 10k kms) recently. Got billed around 1.9k for oil etc.

Some mods I have done so far on my EX Auto Diesel:

1. Changing the default head-unit with an Android based HU imported from AliExpress. I have been able to get Android Auto running fairly well on it

2. Had to change reverse cam since the factory reverse-cam did not work with the imported HU (so this was a forced change)

3. Added a dash-cam (Viofo A119) - again imported from AliExpress

4. Changed the atrocious factory headlights on EX with Osram Night-breaker (visibility is acceptable now but still not 100% happy)

So I don't know if this is allowed or not on TeamBHP but I have created a Telegram Group for owners (and enthusiasts) of TheNextGenVerna to discuss your experience with the car. Link to join:
https://t.me/joinchat/EIArSQ6pXPE4gS5mQeoG1g
Old 27th September 2018, 12:59   #360
BANNED

Quote:

So have you got any explanation on why the battery become dead in just 4 months? If you don't mind, which is your OEM battery supplier?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks