Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2018, 13:22   #511
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

First year anniversary with Verna SX(O) Diesel today.

Quick Stats on 1st anniversary

Total KMS Covered: 17956.80 kms
Total Diesel Consumed: 1120.46 Lit (Max fill: 44.08 & Min fill 8.91)
Average Mileage: 16.02 kmpl (Max: 26.32 kmpl & Min 11.90kmpl)
Avg Diesel Price: 68.65 (Max: 76.30 & Min 61.20)
Avg KMS Driver per day: 49.20 kms
Cost of Ownership per KM: Rs 8.86 (Incl Fuel, Insurance, Service and other expenses)
hardilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 14:30   #512
BHPian

Just saw, Hyundai website has changed. And with this change, Verna SX variant feature list has been reverted to the older one, i.e. without smartkey and KESS. Don't know whether this is a backtrack to old trim or just a passing error.
Old 2nd January 2019, 12:05   #513
BANNED

I am experiencing an unusual, but not alarming pressure drop from front right side Tire of my Verna, it is in the rate of 1 psi a day. Tires are Hankook made. Should I be worried?
I don't want to take it to roadside puncture wala as I know they will damage the Tire intentionally. But, I am unable to find any Hankook authorized shop in Pune. Going to HASS for this would be an overkill.
Any suggestions?
Old 2nd January 2019, 13:24   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I am experiencing an unusual, but not alarming pressure drop from front right side Tire of my Verna, it is in the rate of 1 psi a day. Tires are Hankook made. Should I be worried?
I don't want to take it to roadside puncture wala as I know they will damage the Tire intentionally. But, I am unable to find any Hankook authorized shop in Pune. Going to HASS for this would be an overkill.
Any suggestions?
From a safety aspect, the first thing you should be doing is to change your tires to the spare until you get the faulty one checked out. This will also ensure you dont make the damage on your tire worse than what it already is. Next is obviously to get it checked for puncture or a leaky valve. Either can be the culprit. Fixing a puncture has no relation to the tire brand, its more about the quality of the work done. Not everyone is out there to damage the tire :-). Most of us get this work done from a FNG or your neighborhood 'puncturewala' irrespective of the tire brand.

Refer the 'Team-BHP Directory' section for reviews on reputed tire shops, tire repair shops (or) ask around. If you are still skeptical HASS is the way to go and IMHO they are no better than your FNG when it comes to such work.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 19:01   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions?

Just go to any tyre shop ( like Darshan Tyres, Lokmanya tyres etc.) and get it checked for punctures / leaks.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:18   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am experiencing an unusual, but not alarming pressure drop from front right side Tire of my Verna, it is in the rate of 1 psi a day.
If you can measure air loss(via pressure gauge or portable air inflator), why not fix puncture yourself with help of puncture repair kit.

Quote:
I don't want to take it to roadside puncture wala as I know they will damage the Tire intentionally.
If intention of person is to damage tyre, he can do it even while filling air unless one is watchful.

Quote:
But, I am unable to find any Hankook authorized shop in Pune. Any suggestions?
For your area, please visit Tyre Trax or Darshan tyres opposite Novotel on Nagar road.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:31   #517
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
From a safety aspect, the first thing you should be doing is to change your tires to the spare until you get the faulty one checked out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Just go to any tyre shop ( like Darshan Tyres, Lokmanya tyres etc.) and get it checked for punctures / leaks.
Will do it guys ASAP, I promise. Thank you for prompt reply, I love T-BHP for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
If you can measure air loss(via pressure gauge or portable air inflator), why not fix puncture yourself with help of puncture repair kit.
I am too lazy; will it be a good explanation .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
If intention of person is to damage tyre, he can do it even while filling air unless one is watchful.

For your area, please visit Tyre Trax or Darshan tyres opposite Novotel on Nagar road.
I don't fill up air at puncture walas in my area any more, without generalizing, most of them are thugs and with non-calibrated pressure gauges. A lot of bad experiences with them, in fact one just clipped the valve against the RIM of my old car to fleece me of 250 rs or so.
I normally used up my fuel tank in 2 weeks and fill up both fuel tank and tires at the new Shell bunk on Kharadi bypass chowk.
Long back, I got a basic coido air inflator and digital pressure gauge for emergencies, but now I realized, I should have invested more and got me a proper air inflator back then.

As you suggest, I will be checking with Darshan guys.

Last edited by navin : 15th January 2019 at 13:29. Reason: removed empty spaces for better readability
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 16:44   #518
BHPian

I've a query for regular users of Verna. How is the ground clearance with 4 pax + bit of luggage on board? Does the car scrape over road humps? If yes, how severe is it [any gauges/dents on underbelly?]?
If it is of any help - I'm interested in Diesel Automatic variant.

Last edited by somspaple : 3rd January 2019 at 16:47.
Old 6th January 2019, 17:34   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
I've a query for regular users of Verna. How is the ground clearance with 4 pax + bit of luggage on board? Does the car scrape over road humps? If yes, how severe is it [any gauges/dents on underbelly?]?
If it is of any help - I'm interested in Diesel Automatic variant.
I have tried with 4 passengers with boot full of luggage. I have never had a case of under body scrapping. I have tried this 4+ times.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 19:37   #520
BANNED

This week ended with full of incidents for my Verna.

After I patched up the tire as explained in previous post (it was a nice little Phillips screw), decided to go for full nitrogen in all wheels. Next its time for a small drive.
Now at this signal, was waiting behind a RE. Once the signal turned green, the RE guy took off with good speed and braked hard immediately. I was trying to avoid bumping into the car in my right and the bike in front, so moved right just to avoid hitting the bike. Unfortunately, the RE has this aftermarket extra-long steel exhaust pipe that was at least a foot longer than the bike and low enough to be invisible to me. So, when I thought I avoided the bike, I actually touched the silencer in a slow speed. Biker didn't fall and we exchanged "sorry".
After crossing the signal, parked on the road side and checked damage. The extended steel pipe managed to do a 2"x2" hole in the extreme left lower corner of the bumper. Attaching photo below.
I don't think this can be repaired, best guess have to change the bumper. Any idea, how much would be the cost?
I have bumper to bumper cover, but I am going to lose the 50% NCB, that I am going to get from my old car sale (the RC transfer is underway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
I've a query for regular users of Verna. How is the ground clearance with 4 pax + bit of luggage on board? Does the car scrape over road humps?
You shall not on majority of road humps, but there would be some extreme where you may have to be a bit extra careful (tackling angular will help).
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-20190105_152059.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-20190105_152107.jpg  

Last edited by navin : 15th January 2019 at 13:28. Reason: removed some spaces for better readability
Old 8th January 2019, 23:14   #521
BHPian

Quote:
This week ended with full of incidents for my Verna.

I don't think this can be repaired, best guess have to change the bumper. Any idea, how much would be the cost?
I have bumper to bumper cover, but I am going to lose the 50% NCB, that I am going to get from my old car sale (the RC transfer is underway).
I think you need to replace the bumper. The bumper price will be around 4 - 5K but getting them painting will cost you hefty.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 23:19   #522
BHPian

Hi,

Can someone confirm if this is the OSRAM - 4300K HID that fits in the Verna on the OEM Projector? 25%off for 2 or more bulbs in Powerbulbs website and they ship for free internationally.
Attached Images

Old 9th January 2019, 01:03   #523
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Can someone confirm if this is the OSRAM - 4300K HID that fits in the Verna on the OEM Projector
If you have the Verna with halogen projector bulbs then this bulb shown in the image won't fit.

The Verna with projectors variants gets HB3 9005 bulbs.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 03:25   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
I think you need to replace the bumper. The bumper price will be around 4 - 5K but getting them painting will cost you hefty.
Are you sure about the 4 to 5k price? The previous gen Verna's bumper was 1,500 initially (2013), and 2,200 later (2018) - excluding painting. If the current gen's bumper is more than twice that, then H is pulling a H.
Old 9th January 2019, 08:08   #525
BHPian

Quote:
The bumper costs around 3000/-. Add the paint costs and the labor to do it and you are looking at something between 10000-12000/-.

Call up your SA and ask him the exact amount on the phone.
drive2eternity is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed