Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2019, 20:33   #556
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
1GB of space can hold quiet many songs, but I have a feeling that loading up too many songs might slug the interface. I guess, the interface also shares the same storage space along with downloaded contacts. I can be wrong here though. Have you faced any performance impact storing song collections in that internal space?
Have operated a unit which had 80 songs stored, have not seen any sluggishness. Hopefully, they have included a capable flash memory and/or it is a dedicated storage unit.
spacescreamer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 02:18   #557

Just a shot in the dark, but by any chance does anyone know if the deliveries of the 2019 make/model have started in Bangalore or any related ETA?
Old 4th February 2019, 13:55   #558
BHPian

So, finally installed the Sony XAV-AX5000 into my 4-year old Verna. Wired it up in such a way that I retained the factory USB port, Bluetooth mic, steering controls and even the backup camera. Flush mount dash kit as well.

Will post the complete DIY shortly. Some pictures for now.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-983be4556545490791a4afca4fc0bba3.jpeg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-f4a8c9657e7d428680a8c423f1145b51.jpeg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-19e8640e9ca34cbca54a510bf2b70399.jpeg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-a9a3b7d21a3945bda94ca7b34131c3a6.jpeg

Last edited by drhoneycake : 4th February 2019 at 13:58.
drhoneycake is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 14:24   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
So, finally installed the Sony XAV-AX5000 into my 4-year old Verna. Wired it up in such a way that I retained the factory USB port, Bluetooth mic, steering controls and even the backup camera. Flush mount dash kit as well.

Will post the complete DIY shortly. Some pictures for now.
Congrats on the DIY upgrade ! Good to know that you were able to retain the stock functionality with an aftermarket units.

What happened to the earlier OEM Unit imported from Korea ? I remember that one providing almost all of the features of this current unit.

Looking forward to a detailed thread/post on the upgrade and challenges faced, if any.

Last edited by Myth_sx : 4th February 2019 at 14:26.
Myth_sx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 23:23   #560
BHPian

Any idea how much does the Hyundai band costs? The one that comes with SX(O) variant,and if that one can be used with any other verna model (even with reduced functionalities?
Old 9th February 2019, 12:46   #561
Senior - BHPian

Questions for Verna owners:

1.Of the two USB slots, which one can be used for Android auto? I know that the one on the extreme left is for usb charging, and I guess that cannot be used for Android Auto. So if i use the other usb slot for a long time, will the phone get discharged? Or will that slot also charge the phone's battery?

2. When one uses the switch to open the sunroof, do both the glass and the solid cover below open at the same time? Or does only the glass open, and the solid cover needs to be opened by hand?

Thanks.
Old 9th February 2019, 14:06   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Questions for Verna owners:

1.Of the two USB slots, which one can be used for Android auto? I know that the one on the extreme left is for usb charging, and I guess that cannot be used for Android Auto. So if i use the other usb slot for a long time, will the phone get discharged? Or will that slot also charge the phone's battery?

2. When one uses the switch to open the sunroof, do both the glass and the solid cover below open at the same time? Or does only the glass open, and the solid cover needs to be opened by hand?

Thanks.
1. The USB slot on the extreme right is meant for Android Auto. The one on extreme left is just for charging. Both the port charges the phone. Even if Android Auto is on, the phone gets charged as well. Hope this answers your questions.

2. Yes the solid cover needs to be opened by hand. Only the glass opens by switch.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 16:13   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
1. The USB slot on the extreme right is meant for Android Auto. The one on extreme left is just for charging. Both the port charges the phone. Even if Android Auto is on, the phone gets charged as well. Hope this answers your questions.

2. Yes the solid cover needs to be opened by hand. Only the glass opens by switch.
Thank you so much. My son's pal's Verna is with us for the next 2 months,and hence my curiosity.

i am pretty much impressed with the host of features in it. The cooled seats is the most awesome among them---I do sweat on the back during long journeys on my Fiesta, despite a powerful AC. Kudos to Hyundai for such a thoughtful feature.

I've also driven it both in the city and on the highway, and was quite happy to know that it does not have the nervous handling and bounciness of the previous Verna at high speeds. It is still not on par with the Fiesta on both handling and steering feel, but yes, the steering feel is leagues ahead of the first gen Verna. I'm also impressed that it does not have low end lag that the first gen had.

Overall I am mighty impressed.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 00:00   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thank you so much. My son's pal's Verna is with us for the next 2 months,and hence my curiosity.

i am pretty much impressed with the host of features in it. The cooled seats is the most awesome among them---I do sweat on the back during long journeys on my Fiesta, despite a powerful AC. Kudos to Hyundai for such a thoughtful feature.

I've also driven it both in the city and on the highway, and was quite happy to know that it does not have the nervous handling and bounciness of the previous Verna at high speeds. It is still not on par with the Fiesta on both handling and steering feel, but yes, the steering feel is leagues ahead of the first gen Verna. I'm also impressed that it does not have low end lag that the first gen had.

Overall I am mighty impressed.
Just a correction to what I told, the solid cover as well pulls back when we open the sunroof.
Old 11th February 2019, 12:24   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Just a correction to what I told, the solid cover as well pulls back when we open the sunroof.
I did not see that happening, when I opened it a couple of times. Let me try again. Thanks for the update.
Old 11th February 2019, 16:36   #566
BANNED

Scenario:
- Doing around 60kmph in city and suddenly noticed an obstacle (pothole / dog etc.).
- Stomped on brake pedal and felt that speed reducing satisfactorily with respect to depressing of pedal.
- Around midway of brake pedal travel, ABS kicks in resulting loss of aggressive braking
- Hit that pothole hard, albeit with slightly reduced speed

I think the ABS kicks in too early and unnecessarily? I even noticed ABS kicking in with a speed lesser that 30KMPH once over proper paved road in city. Should I be concerned?

I am more worried about situations where navigating around is not possible (read city traffic).
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 16:59   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Scenario:
I think the ABS kicks in too early and unnecessarily? I even noticed ABS kicking in with a speed lesser that 30KMPH once over proper paved road in city. Should I be concerned?

I am more worried about situations where navigating around is not possible (read city traffic).
I have the exact same concern. ABS kicks in early, always assuming that the car will not stop. In case you step on some gravel or sand at that point, the brake pressure is released, expecting you to steer your way out of the situation.

I had thought of installing brake pads with better bite and tires with better grip, but unsure of the outcome.

~Verna 2014
Myth_sx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 19:59   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
Congrats on the DIY upgrade ! Good to know that you were able to retain the stock functionality with an aftermarket units.

What happened to the earlier OEM Unit imported from Korea ? I remember that one providing almost all of the features of this current unit.

Looking forward to a detailed thread/post on the upgrade and challenges faced, if any.
The Korean unit was working fine, but then my friend got a used Fluidic Verna and begged me to give him the headunit. After a lot of haggling, finally sold it to him

The DIY is almost complete, shall have it online by tonight.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 23:42   #569
BHPian

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-1b2c44a5a8a74995b6142084a1b0ad43.jpeg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-210733101a274d2cbdb390eed8470fa4.jpeg

Had a narrow escape today. Was entering NICE road from Mysore Road toll. Was doing 45-50 when I heard a loud bang.

I thought it was a tyre burst, but on inspection, the tyre was fine, but the alloy wheel had cracked

What could cause this ???

Now I need to scourge for a single alloy wheel
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 00:18   #570
Senior - BHPian

That sure looks like a manufacturing defect. You should take it up with Hyundai if there alloys are original Hyundai fitment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks