Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2019, 16:41   #601
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
1.You can reset the trip meter by pressing the OK button and you can scroll in between the trip and drive meters with the scroll buttons placed above the OK button.

2.For the sunroof tilt function just press the button.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-2017hyundaiverna07.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-2017hyundaiverna71.jpg  

ishlinea7260 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 20:48   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
1.You can reset the trip meter by pressing the OK button and you can scroll in between the trip and drive meters with the scroll buttons placed above the OK button.

2.For the sunroof tilt function just press the button.

Many thanks. But is there a Trip A and Trip B? if yes, I don't see how to navigate to Trip B.
Old 2nd March 2019, 21:25   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks. But is there a Trip A and Trip B? if yes, I don't see how to navigate to Trip B.
There’s “ Accumulated Info “ and “ trip info”.

Trip info gets reset every day or after a significant time gap in between drives.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 21:33   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Another question to Verna owners: How does one reset the trip meter?

Also, how does one tilt the sunroof? I know how to move it fore and aft, but not sure of how to tilt it.
This is not to answer your queries, since already and promptly they are answered here

You are a person, as much as I have seen, seasoned with using a Fiesta all this while. Now you have a Verna too.

My query is about how you find the difference between the two in ride and stability, esp on the highway.

I have felt the controls to be on the lighter side in Verna. Did you get used to the changes in dynamics and ergonomics quickly? I have noted on what you wrote here about the steering feel, etc.

Plus, when you got a Verna, didn't you consider Vento and Rapid? You can perhaps help me, as I am contemplating on a similar change, and I have been driving a Fiesta.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 22:16   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
This is not to answer your queries, since already and promptly they are answered here

You are a person, as much as I have seen, seasoned with using a Fiesta all this while. Now you have a Verna too.

My query is about how you find the difference between the two in ride and stability, esp on the highway.
Thanks, but the Verna is my son's friend's, who's temporarily gone abroad. if he settles there, my son might buy it if he gets a decent discount. But as of now, that is not certain.

As regards driving dynamics, I'd prefer the Fiesta any day. But the Verna diesel Nex Gen pampers you in creature comforts like ventilated seats, sun roof, ACC, cornering lamps, DRLs, reverse camera, navigation, cruise control, larger boot, rear AC vents, USB chargers, better rear room, etc, when compared to the Fiesta. it has great driveability in the city too, when compared to the i20 diesel.
It also lacks the turbo-lag of the first gen Verna, and has far better ride and handling. The push-back when you floor the pedal is superb! And FE is great, not to mention the refined diesel engine.

But it pales in comparison to the Fiesta 1.6 in handling and driving dynamics on the highway. Mind you, the Verna is great on the highway (compared to the 1st gen), but not in the league of the Ford. The steering is still not as connected as the Fiesta, and it does not take corners with the same aplomb as the Fiesta, though it is vastly improved over the first gen Verna on both counts.

I've only driven it for around 120 kms on the highway, and found it to be great. However, I will need to drive it for a longer duration to comment on its highway manners. It's possible we might drive to Bangalore in the last week of this month.

Question of Rapid/Vento coming into consideration are out of scope owing to the above reasons.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 22:18   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
There’s “ Accumulated Info “ and “ trip info”.

Trip info gets reset every day or after a significant time gap in between drives.
Thanks, and I do know that trip info gets reset after a gap of 4 hours. But I was thinking the Verna has 2 trip meters like Trip A and Trip B, and that both could be reset, like in my first-gen WagonR.
Old 2nd March 2019, 23:10   #607
BHPian

Quote:
As regards driving dynamics, I'd prefer the Fiesta any day. But the Verna diesel Nex Gen pampers you in creature comforts like ventilated seats, sun roof, ACC, cornering lamps, DRLs, reverse camera, navigation, cruise control, larger boot, rear AC vents, USB chargers, better rear room, etc, when compared to the Fiesta. it has great driveability in the city too, when compared to the i20 diesel.
It also lacks the turbo-lag of the first gen Verna, and has far better ride and handling. The push-back when you floor the pedal is superb! And FE is great, not to mention the refined diesel engine.

But it pales in comparison to the Fiesta 1.6 in handling and driving dynamics on the highway. Mind you, the Verna is great on the highway (compared to the 1st gen), but not in the league of the Ford. The steering is still not as connected as the Fiesta, and it does not take corners with the same aplomb as the Fiesta, though it is vastly improved over the first gen Verna on both counts.
Thanks so much for the instant response! This is really a helpful feedback.

As Fiesta is history now, it becomes important to identify something new. And, the Fiesta kinds are pretty not there in the segment. I did drive a Vento petrol (MPI) and a Rapid diesel, alongside a few Vernas. Though the Rapid handles better, it is certainly not that remarkable. Nor is the deal very attractive for Rapid, as we consider the car as pretty dated. Verna and Rapid are making only a difference of 20K INR at present.

So, what I gather from your observations is that Fiesta and Verna should be seen as totally different kinds of vehicle. In any journey/driving, I was never tired of driving the Fiesta. I was never in any hurry to park it somewhere, end the driving, and call it a day. In fact, I used to feel that the drive should have been longer. This was especially true for all my highway driving.

Jeep Compass could have been a replacement, but my main problem is with its FE figures on the highway. That goes below what I would desire (a decent 19 - 20 kmpl average).

I am not used to Verna at all apart from test drives. Hence these doubts when the time is up. If Verna does not make me feel that I should get out of the driver's seat as early as possible, if it can offer that much, I think it would do. I look at it in this perspective.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 2nd March 2019 at 23:13.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 16:13   #608
BHPian

Can the guide/manual for the climate control feature and the different lamps be found online for the Verna?
Old 5th March 2019, 16:58   #609
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacescreamer View Post
Can the guide/manual for the climate control feature and the different lamps be found online for the Verna?

Not sure of any specific feature oriented manual, but complete user manual soft copy is available here.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 17:12   #610
BHPian

Quote:
I am not used to Verna at all apart from test drives. Hence these doubts when the time is up. If Verna does not make me feel that I should get out of the driver's seat as early as possible, if it can offer that much, I think it would do. I look at it in this perspective.
From what I have gathered, current gen Verna is the logical successor to the revered Fiesta. The latter was an amazing driver's car. Sadly the whackos at Ford abs made a mince meat of the brand and now there is nothing in the same league. Verna comes close.

It is pretty good to drive on the highways as well as within the city limits. The upgrades in terms of features one experiences should make up for the missing dynamics and esp in the longer run. Besides, I personally feel that the driving scenario of current times has gone to the dogs. The experience of yore is not there anymore and degraded driving/road sense + increase in traffic has forced many to opt for a sedentary/safe driving style. Transition from Fiesta to Verna would be easier due to these unfortunate 'developments.

@vnabhi your views on the above perspective?
Old 5th March 2019, 22:00   #611
BHPian

Quote:
From what I have gathered, current gen Verna is the logical successor to the revered Fiesta. The latter was an amazing driver's car. Sadly the whackos at Ford abs made a mince meat of the brand and now there is nothing in the same league. Verna comes close.

It is pretty good to drive on the highways as well as within the city limits. The upgrades in terms of features one experiences should make up for the missing dynamics and esp in the longer run. Besides, I personally feel that the driving scenario of current times has gone to the dogs. The experience of yore is not there anymore and degraded driving/road sense + increase in traffic has forced many to opt for a sedentary/safe driving style. Transition from Fiesta to Verna would be easier due to these unfortunate 'developments.
Thanks! And, you are spot on, on both what Ford did to Fiesta and the road sense of these days.

Even with Fiesta, I have been driving without aggression. But it is certainly there that Fiesta's dynamics inspired confidence and made me a better driver -- in the days I was learning driving.

I have been driving a Figo Aspire diesel these days, and whatever our members say about its engine and all that, personally I did not like it. An S-Cross that I have been using now drives well but feels underpowered. Though I don't need racing abilities, it simply feels underpowered even as one tries to accelerate and pull to mid range speed levels.

What we need basically is more of sedate cruising (of course, without hard effort by engine and pedal). Even on curves, I drive slowly (my main concern being not to unsettle anyone inside). So, let me hope, following you, that Verna is good enough for these.
Old 6th March 2019, 00:12   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@vnabhi your views on the above perspective?
Quote:
Thanks! And, you are spot on, on both what Ford did to Fiesta and the road sense of these days.

Even with Fiesta, I have been driving without aggression. But it is certainly there that Fiesta's dynamics inspired confidence and made me a better driver -- in the days I was learning driving.

I have been driving a Figo Aspire diesel these days, and whatever our members say about its engine and all that, personally I did not like it. An S-Cross that I have been using now drives well but feels underpowered. Though I don't need racing abilities, it simply feels underpowered even as one tries to accelerate and pull to mid range speed levels.

What we need basically is more of sedate cruising (of course, without hard effort by engine and pedal). Even on curves, I drive slowly (my main concern being not to unsettle anyone inside). So, let me hope, following you, that Verna is good enough for these.
I agree with both of you. But I've not driven the Rapid/Vento, so I cannot comment if the Verna is better than those on the handling/ride front. I did drive a Vento 1.6 long back in Vizag, but as the roads were affected by Hudhud super cyclone, i could not drive fast to explore its potential.

But I must confess, the Verna diesel SX(O) pampers you with features, and with much improved ride and handling, poses as a strong contender in the segment.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2019, 16:29   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Checked for Verna SX(O) MT yesterday with a dealer here. Models of 2018 are all sold out (anyway, I am not keen on them) and there are no offers currently on 2019 models.
Got this e-mail today about discounts going on till March end. Hope this will help
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-image007.jpg  

gjnnbagal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2019, 23:48   #614
BHPian

I am looking for EX 1.4 diesel variant. Any pointers to a good review much appreciated. Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 08:19   #615
BHPian

Mine will come in another ten days. An SX(O) CRDI MT. Not much discounts available now, despite so many dealers in the city.

Noted that the Verna's silver shade has become a little darker and better-looking in 19 models, with typhoon silver in place, though I did not opt for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks