Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2019, 19:21   #676
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
There is some fault in your car, it seems .Trip meter in my car never resets automatically. Its always manually done by me. The only MID data that auto resets is average FE figure, after filling up of fuel. As far as I remember from manual, it happens if refuelling is done for 6 lit or more.
That indeed worried me, but "vnabhi" clarifies below that there are two trip meters available on the MID. Probably, you are looking at the "correct" and non-faulty one (which I have missed to see) . So let me check it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
You are looking at the wrong trip meter. The one you are looking at indicates how many kms you drove and how much time the engine was on from the first start in the day. However, it resets to zero after a gap of 4 hours when the engine is switched off.

The other trip meter pops up when you press the top right button on the steering wheel downwards---it shows the speed in digital form, and one more press will get you to the trip meter you want. We usually reset that when tanking up. We found a variance of around 1 kmpl from the FE indicator and the real time FE.
Oh, that helps. Actually, I haven't yet explored these, spending time in the car. Let me see this.
But hope that this also has FE figures.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 20th April 2019 at 19:24.
Old 20th April 2019, 22:53   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
Hey guys, need a small update.
Can anyone owning a SX(O) 1.6Diesel manual confirm if the gear shift indicator works only for upshifts or does it also suggest downshifts too?
I haven't driven the latest generation verna yet but drive a i20 on regular basis. The upshift and downshift Indication is given based on the engine rpm and the amount of throttle applied. Say your engine is hovering around 1200 rpm and you go full pedal to metal, the mod would suggest a downshift.
Old 21st April 2019, 21:48   #678

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I tried to register the auto link with my car today and I keep getting a "registration error" repeatedly on the hyundai auto link app. The module gets discovered and the chassis number is identified correctly but the final registration fails. Does anyone have a similar experience, if so any suggested workaround fixes for this ?
this app is very immature and so useless. Hyundai just want to connect some statistics for their own advantage.

Anyone finds Map My India navigation useful? I feel it is no match to Google maps.

Last edited by bblost : 21st April 2019 at 22:27.
Old 23rd April 2019, 09:54   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybgavali View Post
this app is very immature and so useless. Hyundai just want to connect some statistics for their own advantage.

Anyone finds Map My India navigation useful? I feel it is no match to Google maps.
I am not using May My India navigation at all. Searching and selecting a place is painful. I use only Google Maps via Android Auto. One good thing about Map My India Navigation is, it guides you much clearly in case if you have a flyover on your way and another road in parallel by the side.

I just book marked my office / house location in Map My India just for emergency purpose. When I have to use Map My India, I use lat-long coordinates to navigate rather using their search.

Overall for Map My India.

Last edited by hardilip : 23rd April 2019 at 09:55. Reason: Correcting the emoji
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 16:17   #680
BANNED

My Verna petrol is going to hit 10k on odometer, means 2nd servicing is round the corner. Booked the service for next Monday.
My question to petrol Verna owners, do you guys stick to mineral oil or synthetic? Considering 10K comes in 7 months flat, I was thinking to switch over to synthetic oil, though I am not sure, if the service center stocks them up.
Old 27th April 2019, 21:57   #681
BHPian

I have 2011 Verna CRDI, now done 101 k. Will go for clutch overhaul in 2/3 days. Have spoken to HASS & got a quote of appox. 20 k. To me the quote seems ok. The SA says, cluth & gear shifting will become same as a new car. Now the problem in my car is hard cluth, biting point is at the lowest, reverse gear is now grinding more often even after fully pressing the clutch etc.....
What all the parts those require replacement? Can any one please list out, so that I can have a final discussion with SA, before going ahead. Also I plan to get the job done in my presence.
Thanks

Last edited by Chitta Pradhan : 27th April 2019 at 21:58.
Old 29th April 2019, 13:33   #682

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxvistian View Post
Dear friends, Has the boot had enough space to accommodate 16" 195 (standard stock size on SX+) or 205 (upsize) profile Tyre as I hate to use the smaller Tyre as the spare (which comes with 15" 185 profile). I've had a list of things to do as soon as I get the car delivered and the first item on the list is to change the tyres to Yokohama Earth 1 (preferably with 205/55 R16). While doing so, I plan to change the fifth one as well (with the alloy wheel of required size).
Hi,

Did you upsize the tyres to 205/55R16?
Do they fit properly? Do they touch underbody on speed breaker when fully loaded?
Did you see any improvement in handling and braking?
How's the effect on fuel economy?

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th April 2019, 17:40   #683
BHPian

Hi All,
I've a query on one of the offers from a dealer in Bangalore

There is a showroom display 2018 Verna Diesel Automatic SX+ version available. SA offered a straight 1.5 lac reduction bringing the price down to 15.5 lacs [reduction is on the new SX+ price].
- SA mentioned that it has less than 16 kms on ODO as it is just a display vehicle
- It is supposed to be Dec'18 manufactured model
- Car seems to be top condition - save for a small [2 inch] scratch on rear bumper
- I'll be losing out on push button start/smart trunk and few other features I guess when compared to 2019 version.

Is it a good deal?
PS: Non-adjustable rear seat headrest is almost a deal breaker for my wife [even I don't like it but I think I can live with it] - need to convince her. Even though I'm aware of this fact - I can't come to terms with it considering even the ancient wagonR had them as standard.

EDIT:
There is 1 lac discount on 2018 Creta Diesel Automatic S version [bringing price down to 16lacs on road]. This version comes with rear adjustable head-rest but for me the deal breaker is non power folding RVMs. Is this something we can retrofit at the dealer level [even the button for power-folding is missing on driver hand-rest]? I don't like the alloys on this version - idea is to exchange these for 16 inch steel wheels and get a set of cool looking alloys later.

Last edited by somspaple : 29th April 2019 at 17:50.
Old 29th April 2019, 21:02   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padukulkarni9 View Post
Hi,

Did you upsize the tyres to 205/55R16?
Do they fit properly? Do they touch underbody on speed breaker when fully loaded?
Did you see any improvement in handling and braking?
How's the effect on fuel economy?

Thanks in advance.
This for the previous gen Verna SX(O) CRDi (2013) - I had upsized to 205/55 R16 Continental Premium Contact 2 at about 80k, and the tires definitely added to the grip and braking. There was no issues of them touching/ rubbing against the wheel well or suspension. I didn't notice any notice-able drop in economy - mine was a Diesel.
ph03n!x is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 09:19   #685

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
This for the previous gen Verna SX(O) CRDi (2013) - I had upsized to 205/55 R16 Continental Premium Contact 2 at about 80k, and the tires definitely added to the grip and braking. There was no issues of them touching/ rubbing against the wheel well or suspension. I didn't notice any notice-able drop in economy - mine was a Diesel.
Thanks for the reply. I was looking for next-gen Verna. However, your response helps as my major concern was tyres touching/rubbing against the wheel well or suspension. Last gen Verna had more supple suspension. If upsize worked fine for that, it would likely work fine for next-gen Verna.
Old 30th April 2019, 10:00   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post

There is a showroom display 2018 Verna Diesel Automatic SX+ version available. SA offered a straight 1.5 lac reduction bringing the price down to 15.5 lacs [reduction is on the new SX+ price].
- SA mentioned that it has less than 16 kms on ODO as it is just a display vehicle
- It is supposed to be Dec'18 manufactured model
- Car seems to be top condition - save for a small [2 inch] scratch on rear bumper
- I'll be losing out on push button start/smart trunk and few other features I guess when compared to 2019 version.

Is it a good deal?
PS: Non-adjustable rear seat headrest is almost a deal breaker for my wife [even I don't like it but I think I can live with it] - need to convince her. Even though I'm aware of this fact - I can't come to terms with it considering even the ancient wagonR had them as standard.
Push button start feature is a good one, for those who bother about it. Otherwise, the fun of doing the traditional ignition stands good, I suppose.

I have a Verna MT, and I have felt that the smart trunk feature is rather a nuisance. Whenever you are somewhere around the trunk with the key fob in hand or pocket, there is is, wide open... Many of the owners have disabled this feature in their cars. I am also thinking of doing the same.

Then, your question squarely comes to this: whether it is worth spending 1.5 Lac extra for the push button and, of course, chrome door handles. The latter can be fitted later too. Sunroof is already there anyway even in the SX Auto model of 2018. So, it is only about 1.5 Lac for the push button.

If the 2018 model is technically in sound condition, and since it is already the end of April 2019, the best option is to push them further in the deal and go for it. You can anyway get an extended warranty of 140000 kms/5 years from the day of final billing and delivery.

Ask for Form 22 and it will tell you the month of manufacture too. You can check whether it is Dec make.

Let us know the developments. Best.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 15:17   #687
BHPian

Folks, anyone face issue with the wireless charging pad. Mine was working fine initially and then it stopped charging my galaxy S10 though the power light and the phone charging light would be lit up. Since wireless charging is a hit or miss, i did not bother much.

However since yesterday only the red power light comes on and the pad gets warm even if I have no phones placed on it. Charging doesn't happen either if I keep the phone on top of it. Anyone else face the issue ? The car is just a month and 1800 Kms old. If there is a quick fix of sorts, I would like to try that, I have no mood to take the care to the service center folks, least they tear her up so early in the ownership.

I am not worried about the lack of wireless charging, but the pad getting warm, worries me a bit... Feedback is much appreciated.
Old 1st May 2019, 14:06   #688
BHPian

Got the clutch overhauling done yesterday. Billed 21k, which I think is reasonable. Invoice is attached. Replaced parts are-Disc Assembly, release bearing, cover assy, master cylinder & release cylinder. I am sastified with the job. Clutch is now light enough & power seems to have gone up slighly.

But surprisingly, two new problems have cropped up today morning & both seem to be interrelated. The steering even at city speeds becomes extremely light & I am loosing the confidence to drive even at 50 kmph. Same time, the speedo meter stops working, either stays at zero or keeps oscillating erratically. Sometime, the speedo functions normally & that time the steering come back to normalcy as well. Today service centre is closed due to May day, thus could not get the car checked.

Has any one faced this problem? Is it due to some faulty work during cluth overhauling? What could be the problem?
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Car repair 30.04.2019.pdf (333.6 KB, 178 views)

Last edited by Chitta Pradhan : 1st May 2019 at 14:07. Reason: addition
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 15:22   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
The steering even at city speeds becomes extremely light & I am loosing the confidence to drive even at 50 kmph. Same time, the speedo meter stops working, either stays at zero or keeps oscillating erratically. Sometime, the speedo functions normally & that time the steering come back to normalcy as well.
Thanks
Speed sensors seems to be the common aspect between your speedometer and the EPS. Probably your service guy will check that out.

I think your EPS might be getting signals of low speed from your speed sensor, so it must be overcompensating by making your steering light.
silvercloud is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 15:43   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercloud View Post
Speed sensors seems to be the common aspect between your speedometer and the EPS. Probably your service guy will check that out.

I think your EPS might be getting signals of low speed from your speed sensor, so it must be overcompensating by making your steering light.
Thanks for your input. If the speedo cable has gone kaput, then possibly speed sensor would be sending signal to EPS, as if the car is stationary even when it is actually running. Let me get the car checked tomorrow, will update here.
Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks