Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2019, 10:07   #766
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
A petrol sedan giving this kind of mileage in moderate to heavy traffic is brilliant! Would you care to share your average speed as well of your daily commute?
Oops sorry. Mine is Diesel Verna.
Old 31st July 2019, 12:23   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Oops sorry. Mine is Diesel Verna.

I was pleasantly shocked seeing the mileage numbers. These are really good number for a diesel. However, I was looking at a petrol.
sridharj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 12:40   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
It will be really helpful if you guys can help me to know real world mileage of 1.6 petrol. My daily commute will be within 30 KMS and 100% city driving with moderate traffic.

Could you provide the current mileage that you are getting on your diesel car? That would help in understanding what "moderate" is.

From my personal experience of Fiat Linea t-jet to Verna diesel, 10-11 kmpl in Linea translated to 16-18 in Verna in the same traffic conditions.

My Punto gives me around 11.5 KMPl now. But its a guzzler when idling in traffic signals
Old 31st July 2019, 12:46   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
My Punto gives me around 11.5 KMPl now. But its a guzzler when idling in traffic signals
If you are getting 11.5 in 1.3 mjd, you can expect single digit economy in a petrol verna. Why dont you consider a diesel? Mine gives pretty decent mileage even with a lot of idling. During long trips, I stop on the side of the highway to take naps (>1 hour) and still end up with 20+kmpl
Old 31st July 2019, 19:18   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
If you are getting 11.5 in 1.3 mjd, you can expect single digit economy in a petrol verna. Why dont you consider a diesel? Mine gives pretty decent mileage even with a lot of idling. During long trips, I stop on the side of the highway to take naps (>1 hour) and still end up with 20+kmpl

My usage is very low. infact my 7 years old Punto has done only 57000 KMS. This is the reason why I'm looking at a petrol sedan.
Old 31st July 2019, 20:58   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
My usage is very low. infact my 7 years old Punto has done only 57000 KMS. This is the reason why I'm looking at a petrol sedan.
I too come from a 1.4NA Linea background and own SX 1.6 Petrol. City driving numbers are 9-10km in moderate traffic, all the time with ACC on. Highway, with cruise controlled speed of 100kmph, 15-16 kmpl.
Old 3rd August 2019, 17:31   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
I too come from a 1.4NA Linea background and own SX 1.6 Petrol. City driving numbers are 9-10km in moderate traffic, all the time with ACC on. Highway, with cruise controlled speed of 100kmph, 15-16 kmpl.

Did a test drive of both verna petrol and city petrol. Overall build quality, verna beats city hands down. But for me where it loses is the interior space and the engine. I felt Verna's engine is bit contained, whereas city's engine had that free spirit nature.

And family preferred the backspace of city. So, booked city today at Maansorovar Honda, Chennai
sridharj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 20:03   #773
BHPian

Have got my diesel verna 30K KMS service done with Trident Automobiles (Whitefield, Bangalore). Total cost of service was 13636/-

I feel I have been overcharged or charged unnecessarily. Around ~3900/- for Engine Decarbonization (~1850) and Lubricants (~1950).

Engine Decarbonization

I don't think the diesel engine requires decarbonization at 28K. As per my understanding over 50K where the engine requires decarbonization (correct me if I am wrong). I was kind of not okay to get this done but he insisted that its as per Hyundai direction and its even mentioned in the user manual under service instruction section. As usual nothing mentioned of that sort in the manual.

Lubricants

I don't know what this lubricants are. Service advisor told me that its the lubricants that they use all over the vehicle and the tin cost around ~1950 and entire quantity is been used for my vehicle. I asked for the container what he has used, he never showed me one. It was raining and I couldn't spend more time sticking on the same, but I am sure this is something I have been ripped off (as a normal ASS gimmicks)

I have attached my service bill, can you help me find anything else that I have been charged unnecessarily.

I am somehow not comfortable with Trident Automobiles Whitefield Bangalore as my buying experience were made very bitter by their sales executives. Later I was getting the car service done from Golden Hyundai Salem but they have screwed it up my last visit. Hence I thought I will give Trident one more try but they haven't changed a bit.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-2019_08_12-6_50-pm-office-lens.jpg
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 23:44   #774
BHPian

Hey All,

Just need a bit of advice from experienced members.

I notice a lot of fog forming in the car windshield and windows making it nearly impossible to view outside.

Even after warmer/ac - its not working. The mist keeps on forming.

Any Advice on that?

Do I need any water repellent coatings done?

Any Advice is highly appreciated!

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like... this...

Last edited by ampere : 13th August 2019 at 00:17.
Old 13th August 2019, 13:01   #775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh12 View Post
I notice a lot of fog forming in the car windshield and windows making it nearly impossible to view outside.[/b]
If the issue still persists after toggling with AC temperature, try after cleaning inside surface of glass with any windshield cleaner. It could be due to oily residue left over during any car service.
Old 13th August 2019, 14:04   #776
BHPian

Quote:
I feel I have been overcharged or charged unnecessarily. Around ~3900/- for Engine Decarbonization (~1850) and Lubricants (~1950).

Engine Decarbonization

I don't think the diesel engine requires decarbonization at 28K. As per my understanding over 50K where the engine requires decarbonization (correct me if I am wrong). I was kind of not okay to get this done but he insisted that its as per Hyundai direction and its even mentioned in the user manual under service instruction section. As usual nothing mentioned of that sort in the manual.
My car is currently with Trident Hosur Road for the 30K service and I share your experience. They said decarbonisation is in the service manual but I couldn't find it when I checked the manual later at home. I was not given anything specific for lubricants in the estimate, but a combined figure of ~Rs 5000 was mentioned against all the filters and fluids to be replaced. One other item that came up is the brake pad replacement at ~Rs 1700 although I felt the pad still has a little less than half cm left on both sides. He said it won't go more than 200 KMs and I agreed to replace although I am not fully convinced. Only extra service that I took willingly is the a/c duct cleaning considering the polluted environment. Overall the cost of service might come in the range of 13-14K.

Another issue I had was tinny rattling noise from the area below steering under dashboard which I had even during the 20K service. They said it's problem with MDPS motor (Google showed me this) and lubricated it last time but the sound came back after a while. This time they agreed to replace it under warranty.

Appreciate members and experts who have done the 30K service share their experience about the need of decarbonisation and brake pad replacement at 30K Kms and the cost.

Last edited by X-Factor : 13th August 2019 at 14:13.
X-Factor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 14:19   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Have got my diesel verna 30K KMS service done with Trident Automobiles (Whitefield, Bangalore). Total cost of service was 13636/-

That's the old age practice of looting customers, and prime way of earning for dealerships - across. Engine flushing, decarbonation, windshield wiper fluids, lubrication (which they actually do with old discarded engine oil, but charge for a full can of lubricant), brake-pad replacement, fuel tank cleaning, wheel balancing and alignment (which they charge >800 Rs while outside you can get it done at Rs 300), and lot of other "recommended" changes/repairs.

My suggestion, keep the service manual with you and agree on only the things mentioned in the manual. For all other things, double check it from outside FNG before accepting.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 16:22   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
That's the old age practice of looting customers, and prime way of earning for dealerships - across. Engine flushing, decarbonation, windshield wiper fluids, lubrication (which they actually do with old discarded engine oil, but charge for a full can of lubricant), brake-pad replacement, fuel tank cleaning, wheel balancing and alignment (which they charge >800 Rs while outside you can get it done at Rs 300), and lot of other "recommended" changes/repairs.

My suggestion, keep the service manual with you and agree on only the things mentioned in the manual. For all other things, double check it from outside FNG before accepting.
Thanks a lot. Frankly everytime I step into the ASS for service I keep this is mind but every time I feel I am extra careful they find a new way to overtake me .

If I could recollect, last time they have done AC disinfectant treatment which I have never gave my consent. This time I was extra careful but still I have been fooled again.

Yesterday when I took my vehicle I told the service advisor that I am not happy with the way he has handled it. Today I got a call from the service manager asking for my experience. Raised the same with him, he agreed that Engine Decarbonization is something done early and regarding the lubricant he told me a story (rust free, ease out metal joins etc) but in short, I felt this is not something approved my Hyundai and this is ASS interest of earning money.

He told to compensate what is been screwed up, he told he will do an interior polishing or exterior polishing or rat treatment in the engine bay. I told I am not that kind and never wanted any of the above he mentioned. Might be, next year service I will try any ASS with the learning from this year service.
Old 13th August 2019, 17:08   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Another issue I had was tinny rattling noise from the area below steering under dashboard which I had even during the 20K service. They said it's problem with MDPS motor (Google showed me this) and lubricated it last time but the sound came back after a while. This time they agreed to replace it under warranty.
Even I had a similar issue which I asked them to fix it. The SA told nuts and bolts tightened and lubricated its all fine. I also did hear the rattling again but I haven't drove the car much yet. Can you tell me much more on MDPS motor why rattling and why replacement? If I have this issue creeping in again I can use this to get it fixed. Thanks in advance.
Old 13th August 2019, 17:32   #780
BHPian

Just wanted to let all the verna users know, the Map has been updated and I have got the updated Maps loaded in my 30K service. There is no multimedia player version update. It would be great if any of the recent buyers put their multimedia player version just to cross verify if there had been any update on that. Mine is 2017 Dec vehicle and from then I haven't updated multimedia and maps. This is my first update for the maps.

Most Viewed