Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2019, 19:26   #871
BHPian

Re: Morimoto 35W, 4300K HID Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Looks like a perfect set-up, good output in images!
That's why I made sure the camera settings are same between the shots.

Quote:
Can you share the equipment list, how much it cost you and where did you get this installed?

Did you face any issues in installation process?

Cheers
There is no list as such. It is a complete HID kit [4300K bulbs, 35W ballast] from Morimoto - it comes with CANBUS adapter. I ordered it directly from restrofitsource.com -their official seller.

Installation was ok - it is a pretty straight forward job. Could've done it myself - but went to an installer as front bumper has be dismantled to change bulbs [it needs to be pulled out from it's clips - if it were just screws it would've been easy]. As usual, installer [boy at the place] understands zilch about the technicalities - but has worked on multiple installations in the past.
- On first instance he did not fit the bulb correctly in it's holder and he simply blamed the the rubber gasket and removed it. I inspected it properly and asked him to redo it along with the gasket.
- And on first power up he had managed to reverse the polarity on one of the connections [it is almost impossible to make a mistake here as wiring harness neatly laid out].
- Also, he did not connect the grounding wire to car chassis. Again he said it's not required. Though I don't see any issue because of this - planning to do this myself. This is supposed to eliminate any flicker due to electrical 'noise'.

Final output looks ok, yet to take it on a night drive. More important is beam pattern - which mimics the halogen bulb output - this is good.

Last edited by somspaple : 22nd November 2019 at 19:35.
somspaple is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 23:26   #872
BHPian

Using Devlac 1 for last 60 k km & am fully satisfied with the performance & refinement of the car with this oil. This time, I want to use some other fully synthetic oil, preferably Shell. Can some one advise me if diesel specific Shell synthetic is available or not. Or, any other synthetic recommendation please.
I change Devlac 1 each 15k. Time has come for a change.
Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 19:52   #873
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Can 3" shrouds be installed in Fluidic Verna 2012 headlamps (without projector).

I have shortlisted this one, seller wants me to buy them without the shrouds.

P.S: Anybody having experience with Sinolyn?
Old 28th November 2019, 20:59   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Can 3" shrouds be installed in Fluidic Verna 2012 headlamps (without projector).

I have shortlisted this one, seller wants me to buy them without the shrouds.

P.S: Anybody having experience with Sinolyn?

No experience with this brand.

But Yes, a 3" projector will fit into the Verna's headlight. Also make sure you buy a projector that has the RHD cutoff.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 14:38   #875
BHPian

Anyone aware of the new colour Starry Night silently added to Verna.
Pictures from Team-BHP forum for reference.Hyundai Verna : Official Review-32b94ac23ede45ffaa8b3bac4852d6e8.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-6a9dc51adf1748359f7dd38d4b03663a.jpg
ashish2135 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 22:45   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
Anyone aware of the new colour Starry Night silently added to Verna.

Attachment 1942997
No. In the pic, the colour is not conspicuous by difference.

Is it a replacement of the existing black? They had replaced the silver in the MY 2019 cars, silently.
Old 8th December 2019, 07:15   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
No. In the pic, the colour is not conspicuous by difference.

Is it a replacement of the existing black? They had replaced the silver in the MY 2019 cars, silently.
No they still have the black in their portfolio. I was told marina blue(which was their anniversary SE color) and silver were stopped and this was brought on. It doesn't look that great in person IMO. Orange had a 3 month waiting period with 100% advance

Cheers
Old 10th December 2019, 20:41   #878
BHPian

Guys, I used to own a Linea T-jet before purchasing Verna 1.5 years back. In Verna, the rear was a bit bouncier when empty compared to Linea. Last weekend, I had to carry ~50 KG in the trunk and noticed that the ride is noticeably smoother. Reminded me of Linea days so much that I didnt unload the car yet Do try it out if you get a chance
Old 11th December 2019, 15:14   #879
BHPian

Anyone had done recent insurance renewals? Mine is due for 3rd year renewal. I was with ICICI (for the first year) and Royal Sundaram (2nd year).

I am fairly considering to extend my 3rd year with Royal Sundaram.

Have got a quote from them and below are the details,

Premium Amount: 33292/-
IDV Offered: 11,90,000/-
Add-ons Opted: Zero Dep, RTI (including Road Tax), Engine Cover, Tyre Cover, Key Replacement and Spare Car

(Add-ons with Royal Sundaram works as a bundle, they get costlier when opted individually, that's the reason why Tyre Cover and Spare Car are in the list though I wasn't very keen on them.)

Please share your view and any quote information if any of you have.
Old 11th December 2019, 22:33   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
Guys, I used to own a Linea T-jet before purchasing Verna 1.5 years back. In Verna, the rear was a bit bouncier when empty compared to Linea. Last weekend, I had to carry ~50 KG in the trunk and noticed that the ride is noticeably smoother. Reminded me of Linea days so much that I didnt unload the car yet Do try it out if you get a chance
I had a Ford Fiesta diesel until 10 months ago. Compared to Ford, I too felt Verna is too much bouncy especially at the rear. It is quite uncomfortable at the speed breakers and bridge joints when it is without much load - passenger or trunk.

I had but highway running with full load at the rear with 5 people onboard besides me at the driver's seat. The ride certainly becomes way more stable compared to its own rides with empty trunk and rear seats. And, when it is stable on highway, its engine which works effortlessly comes to its best.

In general, I think Verna's suspension has to improve a lot. Fiesta used to be way different.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 11th December 2019 at 22:34.
Old 11th December 2019, 23:28   #881
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
I had a Ford Fiesta diesel until 10 months ago. Compared to Ford, I too felt Verna is too much bouncy especially at the rear. It is quite uncomfortable at the speed breakers and bridge joints when it is without much load - passenger or trunk.

I had but highway running with full load at the rear with 5 people onboard besides me at the driver's seat. The ride certainly becomes way more stable compared to its own rides with empty trunk and rear seats. And, when it is stable on highway, its engine which works effortlessly comes to its best.

In general, I think Verna's suspension has to improve a lot. Fiesta used to be way different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
On a lighter note, I think you both have set high benchmarks for the Verna. The Fiesta and Linea were 'the' best handling cars money could buy back then. The Verna can't match up at all, even if it has improved by a good margin.

If you think the current one doesn't handle well, drive a 2009 Verna. An absolute boat on wheels (used to own one). Even the Fluidic didn't change that much. The current generation is far better than its predecessors anyday.

The Verna is a good compromise between Ride, handling, features and the likes, just like every other Hyundai on sale in India. That's why it sells as much as it does. For enthusiasts like us, better cars do exist thankfully

Last edited by vishy76 : 11th December 2019 at 23:30.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 20:48   #882

Experts are saying that, filling BS6 diesel in BS4 vehicles will damage fuel injector over the long run due to less sulphur content in BS6 fuel. What should be done in such case?
Old 18th December 2019, 00:57   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybgavali View Post
Experts are saying that, filling BS6 diesel in BS4 vehicles will damage fuel injector over the long run due to less sulphur con tent in BS6 fuel. What should be done in such case?
This is in discussion quite sometime now. I believe this is the case for every BS version upgrade. I don't think we have anything in reach of our limit to solve this. As I understand due to less sulphur, the BS4 vehicle's mileage will drop marginally and might impact the engine on long run. But no one has quantified the time period.

I think we have to accept and just go ahead with the flow! :(
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 06:14   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybgavali View Post
Experts are saying that, filling BS6 diesel in BS4 vehicles will damage fuel injector over the long run due to less sulphur content in BS6 fuel. What should be done in such case?
Well BS3 diesel had 350 PPM of sulphur and they still run with BS4 diesels that contain 50 PPM. Now with BS6 were going down to 10 PPM. BS3 vehicles were running these years without too many issues so I'm guessing that would be the case here as well. Sulphur is primarily a lubricant but also is the main source of the harmful NOx emissions, so they're cutting down on them by bringing down the sulphur content. I'm sure they will address the lubrication part with additives to make it viable.
TDCi'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 12:38   #885
BANNED

BS6 Hyundai Verna petrol launch before 2020 Auto Expo.

While Hyundai will introduce the BS6 petrol engine with the current model, we’ll have to wait until the Verna facelift launches to get the BS6 diesel version.

Quote:
Like every other carmaker in India, Hyundai is working on coming out with BS6 versions of their current engines. The Hyundai Verna is going to be one of the first recipients of a BS6-spec engine – a 1.5-litre petrol unit – which should arrive in showrooms before Auto Expo 2020.

The current Verna is expected to be powered same 1.5-litre, four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine that’s available on sister brand Kia’s Seltos. In the SUV, the unit is tuned to produce 115hp and 144Nm of torque and comes paired with either a 6-speed manual or a CVT automatic gearbox. This new engine will replace the current BS4-compliant 100hp, 1.4-litre and 123hp, 1.6-litre petrol engines.

However, a BS6-compliant diesel engine is not likely to make it to the current version of the midsize sedan. In fact, the BS6 diesel unit – expected to be the same 115hp, 1.5-litre diesel mill that sits under the hood of the Seltos – will only be made available after the mid-cycle facelift for the Verna arrives in India. As the Verna facelift is expected to launch by March 2020 and the BS6 diesel Verna is only expected after April 2020 (the deadline for the more stringent emission norms), Hyundai’s midsize sedan may be a petrol-only model for a short period. Like with the Seltos, the diesel engine will come paired to either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque convertor automatic.
Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks