Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2020, 10:23   #931
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
From last 2 days, I am getting a kind coarse sound from the front after 60 kmph, which seems to me as if it is coming from the worn-out wheel bearings.
If the sound is increasing with the increase in RPM, then it could be a wheel bearing. Else have a look at the drive shafts and their respective boots (for tears and play).
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 22:36   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If the sound is increasing with the increase in RPM, then it could be a wheel bearing. Else have a look at the drive shafts and their respective boots (for tears and play).
It was indeed a wheel bearing issue. Replaced today & the problem is gone. Both the bearings plus labour charges came to 3k, and lathe charges Rs 400/-. Total damage 3400/-. They offered a free car wash & 20% discount on labor charges.

Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 20:55   #933
BHPian

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20200229_071004-1.jpg

Yet another Saturday drive with good mileage.

Out of 550 kms covered in a day first 200+ was at 28.2 kmpl (MID).

Overall trip mileage was 25 kmpl (highway + city - tank full to tank full auto cutoff).
Old 2nd March 2020, 17:25   #934

1) I had a similar steering wobbling issue.

Mine too is a Dec-2017 model and little less than 30K on the ODO. I was asked to pay for the disc replacement by HML. I have heard similar stories in Chennai through my friends, I believe this is a known issue with 2017 Verna.

3) I have a similar rattling in mine as well (SX-O Diesel). [/quote]

For some reason this ratting sound manages to reproduce itself again. I have already raised a complaint with HML and in my 30k service internal, I am try to get rid of this. Will keep you posted.
Ravi_CK234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 17:31   #935

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Attachment 1975180

Yet another Saturday drive with good mileage.

Out of 550 kms covered in a day first 200+ was at 28.2 kmpl (MID).

Overall trip mileage was 25 kmpl (highway + city - tank full to tank full auto cutoff).
Thats an impeccable mileage . Wishing you lot more fun rides with it.

The max I could extract was 28.6 kmpl for 43 kms while descending the Kodai hill
And in another instance, got 26.2 kmpl in a city ride. Drove close to 20 kms at 5 AM in the morning, from Tambaram to Koyembedu bus terminus in Chennai
Old 6th March 2020, 16:36   #936
BHPian

Dashcam

Dashcams are a necessity in today's world and I've been running one in my car - it's called Azdome [got it from Aliexpress]. It's an 'ok' dashcam for the price. It is a capacitor based cam with parking mode, WiFi and GPS built-in. It doesn't do true 4K vid as it says on the cam. Did install myself and it was pretty easy.

No cutting/tapping of wires required. It is powered from one of the USB power sources of the Verna and it is easy to tuck away the supplied USB wire.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20191119_141806.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20191119_141841_1.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20200202_145857.jpg

Red line depicts the way USB wire is routed.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-inkedimg_20200202_145417_li.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20200202_145621_li.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20200202_145950.jpg

Last edited by somspaple : 6th March 2020 at 16:43.
somspaple is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 10:35   #937
BHPian

Re: Dashcam

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
No cutting/tapping of wires required. It is powered from one of the USB power sources of the Verna and it is easy to tuck away the supplied USB wire.
Do you have a DIY video to show how you tucked away the wires behind the pillers? Can you share if you have? I am planning to get a Dashcam (considering 70mai pro from amazon). This video will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Old 9th March 2020, 15:39   #938
BHPian

Re: Dashcam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Do you have a DIY video to show how you tucked away the wires behind the pillers? Can you share if you have? I am planning to get a Dashcam (considering 70mai pro from amazon). This video will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I didn't shoot a video - will try in future if I have to re-route the wire for some reason.

If you refer to 4th image from my post, wire is not routed behind the A pillar. Rather it has to just cross A pillar at the top and it can be achieved easily once you pull way the rubber trim on the door frame - you can push it under the only bit plastic trim by prying slightly with a plastic tool/spoon. And once you cross A pillar over, wire can be tucked away behind the rubber trim.

It is pretty easy to push back the rubber trim on the door frame once you are done with routing the wire - Red line in the pics depicts how the wire is routed.

Last edited by somspaple : 9th March 2020 at 15:42.
somspaple is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 14:23   #939
BHPian

My CRDI MT's third free service (@20000 kms) was done yesterday. I changed the service centre this time (the dealership itself), and had a much better experience.

It was a normal servicing, with engine oil, air filter, diesel filter, etc replaced. The service adviser had given me an estimate that included synthetic engine oil, engine bay coating etc. I had asked him to remove these, and use the standard engine oil (the difference between synthetic and the normal was INR 3300/-). I had asked for wheel balancing, rotation and alignment (which cost me around Rs. 1400/-). The total bill was Rs. 4973/- which I felt is decent enough. Labor charges were, of course, not taken.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 11:59   #940
SRM
BHPian

I did not buy the extended warranty at the time of purchase as I will be buying it closer to end of 3 yrs standard warranty which is Sept 2021.

Have a couple of questions in relation to the new Verna being expected to launch soon:
1. With the new Verna being launched canI still purchase extended warranty on this model next year?
2. Will it be at the price which is listed now or it'll be costlier as per the Verna prices?
SRM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 17:09   #941
BHPian

Hello Everyone.

I was hoping to find solutions to a couple of niggles on my 2018 SX(O) Petrol.

1. Grinding like Noise from the front disc brakes (similar to metal on metal contact without proper lubrication) when I brake by manipulating the pedal minutely. Happens mostly when the car has just started to run and happens both when braking and letting go of the brake pedal.

Problem present since I got the car new.
ASC is not very keen on fixing the issue.

Have tried cleaning and re-greasing the caliper pin boots.
Its definitely not ABS activating.

2. Rattle seems to be coming from the height adjustable mechanism of the seat belt. Is it possible to disassemble by ASC. Just wanted to make sure before I head out for the service.
Old 19th March 2020, 17:47   #942
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnutfrombanga View Post
1. Grinding like Noise from the front disc brakes (similar to metal on metal contact without proper lubrication) when I brake by manipulating the pedal minutely. Happens mostly when the car has just started to run and happens both when braking and letting go of the brake pedal.

Have tried cleaning and re-greasing the caliper pin boots.
Its definitely not ABS activating.
Clean the pad and rotor surface once with sand paper and refit. See if the issue appears.

How old is the car and how much has it clocked?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 18:03   #943
BHPian

Will do, I checked the rotor surface, smooth and even but will sand them as you suggested.

Is it possible that the sliding part of the brake hardware is rusty and hence the brake pads are making noise while clamping and releasing?
I.e the pad clip and spreader spring labelled in the image.

Sorry, typo in my previous post.
It's a 2019 model, 9 month old, 18000 Km

This issue is present since delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-bannerbrakesdisc.jpg  

carnutfrombanga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 19:01   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnutfrombanga View Post
Hello Everyone.

2. Rattle seems to be coming from the height adjustable mechanism of the seat belt. Is it possible to disassemble by ASC. Just wanted to make sure before I head out for the service.

Been facing the same issue since day 1. Earlier, even i thought that it is coming out of the seat belt height adjustment area. Went to ASC and they said that they will have to open it to check the origin. Mine is Sx(o) with airbags in that area. Hence, I decided to live with it.

Later on, i noticed that it is coming from rear windows too and rear doesn't have seat belt on the side.

Took some time on weekend to figure the source and noticed that it is the glass that is making this. You can check this by pushing your glass with your elbow gently. If it goes off, we both have the same issue.

I am yet to figure out how to solve this. In case, you find a solution, please let me know too.
ramradcliff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 19:26   #945
BHPian

Have tried depressing the plastic below the glass, doesn't go away if I find a solution, will update here.
carnutfrombanga is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks