Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2020, 11:17   #946
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post
I did not buy the extended warranty at the time of purchase as I will be buying it closer to end of 3 yrs standard warranty which is Sept 2021.

Have a couple of questions in relation to the new Verna being expected to launch soon:
1. With the new Verna being launched canI still purchase extended warranty on this model next year?
2. Will it be at the price which is listed now or it'll be costlier as per the Verna prices?
I do not think that the charges for warranty is in anyway connected to the prices of the vehicle. When I took extended warranty on my Verna (at the time of purchase), there was a list of warranty prices for various vehicles (not variants within them). I used that, and got 10% discount on that price, and I availed extended warranty.

You can also avail extended warranty after some time. There are different durations in which you can purchase the package, and charges are listed there for purchase in each duration.

Max for Verna is 5 years/140000 kms. I have taken this only.

Since you can purchase the extended warranty within certain durations and since it is not directly linked to the pricing of the vehicle, introduction of a facelift should not be normally affecting this purchase.

But, of course, the warranty charges of an i10 is definitely lower than those of Verna. To that extend, it varies and is linked to the price of the vehicle. There are also differences in extended warranty charges between petrol and diesel models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnutfrombanga View Post
Will do, I checked the rotor surface, smooth and even but will sand them as you suggested.

Is it possible that the sliding part of the brake hardware is rusty and hence the brake pads are making noise while clamping and releasing?
I.e the pad clip and spreader spring labelled in the image.

Sorry, typo in my previous post.
It's a 2019 model, 9 month old, 18000 Km

This issue is present since delivery.
Mine is 19900 kms. No problem yet with the disk or braking. In your car's case, why don't you change the service centre and get it examined? It may be some issue at the level of manufacturing, and they replace the part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
Been facing the same issue since day 1. Earlier, even i thought that it is coming out of the seat belt height adjustment area. Went to ASC and they said that they will have to open it to check the origin. Mine is Sx(o) with airbags in that area. Hence, I decided to live with it.

Later on, i noticed that it is coming from rear windows too and rear doesn't have seat belt on the side.

Took some time on weekend to figure the source and noticed that it is the glass that is making this. You can check this by pushing your glass with your elbow gently. If it goes off, we both have the same issue.

I am yet to figure out how to solve this. In case, you find a solution, please let me know too.
I too found rattles in my car; it was coming from the left side bottom of the front door. But the service centre guys had fixed it adequately. But yes, Verna "has" occasional rattling problem, though it is not to the extend of Maruti/Suzuki etc.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 09:57   #947

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
The service adviser had given me an estimate that included synthetic engine oil, engine bay coating etc. I had asked him to remove these, and use the standard engine oil (the difference between synthetic and the normal was INR 3300/-).
Any other reason to use standard engine oil instead of synthetic one apart from
1. Cost
2. Service centers selling at least 30% more than what you could get it in the market.
?
padukulkarni9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 22:22   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padukulkarni9 View Post
Any other reason to use standard engine oil instead of synthetic one apart from
1. Cost
2. Service centers selling at least 30% more than what you could get it in the market.
?
I felt that the cost difference was unjustified. Some premium over the standard should be fine but how can the differential be more than the cost of the standard itself? In addition, there was no problem as I have been using the standard.

No, the 30% profit made by the service centre was not the reason. I was not aware of this aspect of it.

Anyway, after the service, the car is running much better than what it did after the previous servicings.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2020, 20:41   #949
BHPian

Keeping my automatic Verna safer

Hello Folks! Hope you are doing good and keeping safe. This is an update that i long wished to share with you.

A few month back, a new Creta was stolen from our gated society. The lifters took care of everything including damaging CCTV cams before breaking in at about 1 am. Luckily, the car was tracked via the GPS tracker to be at Khurja at 6 am, from where it was recovered...though with damages on the front panel which the lifters had ripped open to access the ECU to get the car going.

So I too was deeply concerned about my car's safety and evaluated the various GPS options available, and Phoenix seemed to be a good choice. The monthly recharge plans were built to profit the manufacturers, but then, safety is safety. I was about to install it, when, during one of my several visits, I discovered that a Gear Lock can be installed in Automatic cars too.

I then gave it some serious thought:

1. Do i want to track the thieves once the car was stole, or do I want to prevent the lifting itself?

2. Was it worthwhile to get the couplers added for the engine immobilisation feature of the GPS - what if i was stuck outstation, in a poor network area, with my car immobilised?

3. Would I prefer something with no non-recurring, monthly payouts?

4. An educated lifter who cracks over the car via a laptop plugged into the ECU will very well know the usual places of having the GPS installed - so he would yank it out and discard it pretty early in the stealing process. So what's the point from a safety point of view? It's good though if you have a driver, or if multiple people in the family drive it.

Most of all, the point #1 helped me reach a decision. I just do not want my car to be touched by thieves - that is much, much more important than tracking the lifters once stolen!

So I finalised the car accessory shop and went in for the good old gear lock. Needless to say, it is probably the best anti-theft device that does real, solid work. I felt that the lifters would anyways never bother to touch a car with a gear lock.

I was deeply worried about how a gear lock may spoil my car's look. But anyways went ahead for the sake of safety.

Am glad to state that it was good decision. The lock sits decently enough, and I can't tell you how peacefully I sleep and how peacefully i leave it in the parking lots! Attaching some pics and the invoice for your reference.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_4399.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_4398.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_4397.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_4364.jpg

Cheers!
AjayJohri is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 11:22   #950
MCR
BHPian

Got the 3rd Free service completed yesterday. The overall service cost was Rs. 7,300/-.
Engine oil, oil filter, Diesel filter, Air filter and AC filter were replaced.
Engine oil that was used is Shell Synthetic.
Due to the lock down effect, got my car back in 3 hours after service.
Overall experience of the service was good.

The car was sanitized before start of service activities and again before delivery with alcohol based chemicals from Wurth.
MCR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 12:07   #951
BANNED

Anyone recently visited ASC for regular servicing?
How do you manage the sanitation process of your car after servicing, provided all of the car interior is exposed to various bodily fluids of the mechanics working on it? Any specific details to be kept under mind?

Also, how does the 2 months extension provided by Hyundai works? My 20K free servicing was due on April 30th, but Services centers were just opened yesterday after a long lock down. Planning to get the car serviced next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
The car was sanitized before start of service activities and again before delivery with alcohol based chemicals from Wurth.
My apologies, but were you present during the sanitation process at the dealership? How deep was the sanitation? Also, did they use the same alcohol based sanitizer on plastic areas too?

Last edited by PetrolRider : 10th June 2020 at 12:11.
Old 10th June 2020, 12:18   #952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayJohri View Post
[b]
2. Was it worthwhile to get the couplers added for the engine immobilisation feature of the GPS - what if i was stuck outstation, in a poor network area, with my car immobilised?
A gear lock is a good deterrent however do invest in the tracker as in a worst case scenario you will be able to track the car. If you don't want the tracker then get the simple mobile handset with 5-6 days long standy time which can be hidden away in a cooler spot of the car. The mobile's ping will act as a tracker, you probably are aware of this. The Creta must have been a diesel one as oil burners attract more thieves. If yours is petrol then chances are lower. My petrol Swift has two steering locks plus a CCTV car monitoring it daily.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 12:36   #953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
How do you manage the sanitation process of your car after servicing, provided all of the car interior is exposed to various bodily fluids of the mechanics working on it? Any specific details to be kept under mind?
Frankly, I did not break my head too much on the sanitization of my car (Honda City) after the service that I got done ten days back at Magnum Honda, Bangalore. I did notice though that just before I stepped into the car and drove off home, Honda service advisor carefully sanitized all the tough points , including steering, gear, door handles, seat etc one last time before the vehicle handover to me.

Also, they charge around 250 bucks for the full car sanitization process, though I was not personally present when this bit was done. This is done at the completion of the actual servicing procedure.

In other words, I placed faith on the dealership to do a good job and seems to be all good till now, fingers crossed.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 12:49   #954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Also, how does the 2 months extension provided by Hyundai works? My 20K free servicing was due on April 30th, but Services centers were just opened yesterday after a long lock down. Planning to get the car serviced next week.
I was there at the service center during the third free service of my Seltos. After I arrived, they started with sanitizing the frequently touched areas in the interiors of the car (steering, AC controls, ICE, door pads, etc). Then they placed disposable white covers on the seat, steering, gear lever (and maybe the handbrake too, don't remember clearly).

After the service and washing was done, they again sanitized those areas. At the end, they performed some kind of fumigation in the car. A thin pipe was led into the car which was spewing some of smoke. The car was kept running, windows closed and AC was on at full blower speed on in recirculation mode so that this gas was spread throughout the car. After 10 minutes, they stopped this and opened the windows to clear out the car.

I took the delivery a good 30 mins after all of this was done. Interiors were clean and had a mild flowery smell through the cabin.

A person monitoring the fumigation
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20200606_121340.jpg

Look closely and you can see dense smoke flowing with the AC air. Some of these gases are leaking through the doors
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20200606_121621.jpg

I wasn't charged for this as it was a free service.

Last edited by ashis89 : 10th June 2020 at 12:52.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 15:36   #955
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
My apologies, but were you present during the sanitation process at the dealership? How deep was the sanitation? Also, did they use the same alcohol based sanitizer on plastic areas too?
Yes. I was present during the entire process. They started with wiping the door handles (all four) outside/ inside and then proceeded to cleaning the steering wheel, covering it and later the gear level, key and dashboard.
They sprayed some chemical from a "Wuerth" bottle. Not sure about the contents since I was standing far away and observing. However it had a kind of a musky smell which I could smell as soon as I stepped inside the car.
This service was absolutely free.

OT : We had given my Dad's Alto for service and they charged Rs.450/- for sanitization. The process was similar but they were using diluted Lizol I think (going by smell).
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 17:24   #956
BANNED

Thank you all for quick replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
In other words, I placed faith on the dealership to do a good job and seems to be all good till now, fingers crossed.
Thank you for the detailed process. Yes, that is what we have to believe at the end. I guess, I am overthinking it a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
At the end, they performed some kind of fumigation in the car.
Seems a very well done job, confidence inspiring. Good to hear that, Kia is leading on customer service front. Some detailed job like this at current pandemic time is definitely confidence boosting. Especially, when they are doing it for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Yes. I was present during the entire process. They started with wiping the door handles (all four) outside/ inside and then proceeded to cleaning the steering wheel, covering it and later the gear level, key and dashboard.

OT : We had given my Dad's Alto for service and they charged Rs.450/- for sanitization. The process was similar but they were using diluted Lizol I think (going by smell).
Thank you. I guess that is the standard procedure for Hyundai now. I called the ASC now and the front desk lady was murmuring something similar in line. But her tone is not exactly confidence inspiring.
Anyway, I have to do it, so have to do it. I might be overthinking it a lot. End of the day might have to do a Dettol wash of interior myself after the service.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 22:38   #957
BHPian

Changing spare rim to alloy?

I have been contemplating on changing the spare rim to an alloy.
The problem is alloy is 16 inch shod with 195/55 tyres whereas spare wheel in all trim levels is a 15-inch steel unit with 185/65 section rubber.
Will the alloy with 195/55 tyre fit in the spare wheel well?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-ce3d20dc02114249afb6810f75355a3f.jpeg  

ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 06:47   #958
Senior - BHPian

Re: Changing spare rim to alloy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Will the alloy with 195/55 tyre fit in the spare wheel well?
Yes, because the diameter of the wheel + tyre will be the same. The thickness of the tyre usually doesn't matter. If you want, jack your car up and test with one of your existing alloys.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 20:57   #959
BHPian

Please suggest me on upgrading the headlights of my 2019 Verna.

The light throw is very poor and it is not balanced between the left and right bulbs.
I visited Hyundai showroom twice to get this rectified, but they are saying, there is no issue with lighting.

Please refer to the below picture where you can observe right side lighting is low compared to left.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-verna_headlight_throw.jpeg

Last edited by RaceHorse : 22nd June 2020 at 20:58. Reason: corrected grammar.
RaceHorse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 13:08   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceHorse View Post

Please refer to the below picture where you can observe right side lighting is low compared to left.

Attachment 2019636
I think this is on purpose to avoid blinding the oncoming car. Please correct me if I am wrong
Palio_2005 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed