Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2020, 17:57   #976
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post

These are not scratches as I cannot feel them by hand or by nail. I've tried buffing the glass with rubbing compound but no effect.

This issue is with the fog lamps too.
Did you change the bulbs or open up the headlamp cover?
Old 9th August 2020, 18:07   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Did you change the bulbs or open up the headlamp cover?
I did change the bulbs last year but this problem was already there back then.
Old 9th August 2020, 19:16   #978
BANNED

Quote:
I did change the bulbs last year but this problem was already there back then.
IMHO, those scratches are from the inside.

Get them inspected at Hyundai and push for complete headlight replacement.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 19:20   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, need some help with the headlights. These are of Fluidic Verna

These are not scratches as I cannot feel them by hand or by nail. I've tried buffing the glass with rubbing compound but no effect.

This issue is with the fog lamps too.
These are kind of small internal crack supposedly happens due to harsh sunlight, heat and water. This is the reason I was given at Trident Hyundai service when I observed it on my 8 year old Eon.
It can be some quality related issue at Hyundai's supplier end, as my Honda City Zx which even more older and is parked under direct sunlight hasn't shown such cracks in headlamp lens.
Instead of spending a bomb to resolve this minor issue just ignore it or if there's possibility to change only the glass/lens then change that.

Last edited by Storm2.0 : 9th August 2020 at 19:23.
Storm2.0 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 17:52   #980

Hi,

I know there have been a lot of posts on the 5th Gen Verna Projector Halogen Headlights, but what is the best recommended option to go for? LED or HID?

Also is it recommended to get the LED options available with Hyundai Service Centre?

Thanks.
Ghostcat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 17:33   #981
BHPian

Got my Eggsy's (Verna SX(O) Petrol MT) 3rd servicing (free) done from Lakshmi Hyundai yesterday. Engine oil, oil filter, air filter & AC filter were replaced. The service advisor wanted to perform wheel alignment & balancing too but I told him I follow my own schedule of doing it outside from tyre shops every 5000 kms. The bill came to Rs. 2241.00. Also asked him about extended warranty & he said it would cost approximately Rs. 12200 for 4th & 5th year. Might purchase it next year.

Since the workshop is right next to where I stay, I drove the car down myself & dropped it off at 9.15am. There were very few people at the workshop & I only had to interact with the security guard, who took down my body temperature reading & the service advisor. The job was completed by 3.15pm.

I saw an item "Interior Smoke Sanitization" mentioned in the bill but wasn't charged for it. I didn't ask about it as I didn't want to spend too much time at the workshop while picking the car up. Although they had done a good job of cleaning the car inside-out, I additionally cleaned the interiors of the car today for my own peace of mind.

As far as Eggsy is concerned, it's 2 years old now & I have no issues to report. It has been an absolute pleasure to drive & own! The car has only run 12304 kms so far, mainly due to just an abysmal 500 kms in the last 5 months. But can't really do much given the current situation. Occasionally take it our for a spin & it always brings a smile to my face!

Name:  Eggsy_3rdServicing.PNG
Views: 4201
Size:  92.6 KB
red.devil_19 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 18:44   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Engine oil, oil filter, Diesel filter, Air filter and AC filter were replaced.
Engine oil that was used is Shell Synthetic.
Hi

Does Shell Synthetic meet the required specifications, as mentioned in the manual. For my 2011 CRDI, among synthetics, I could only find Delvac 1 meeting the specificatiins.
My car is due for oil change, but Delvac 1 is not easily available now. I am willing to try Shell once.

What's your experience of the Shell Synthetics?

Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 08:20   #983
Senior - BHPian

Anyone's facing issues with spare parts availability? My 1.6Crdi (nextgen) has a faulty wheel rpm sensor at the rear left, and I've been waiting for the spare part for the last 4 weeks. Wrote several times to Hyundai, escalated it with dealership 's top managers, tweeted about it in Hyundai India' s Twitter page, but Hyundai doesn't care at all. The part isn't available and that's it. Service center is not able to to give me an ETA too.

Since I'm owning a Fiat car too, I can say that I've never ever faced such a spare part unavailability for this long with Fiat. Hyundai has proven to be worse that that.

Last edited by clevermax : 1st October 2020 at 08:21.
Old 1st October 2020, 09:44   #984
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post

Since I'm owning a Fiat car too, I can say that I've never ever faced such a spare part unavailability for this long with Fiat. Hyundai has proven to be worse that that.
We are seeing very high waiting period for parts at the moment due to several reasons including lockdown and general lack of stuff coming over from China. Simple things like wiper blades and bulbs are not there in many spare parts shops.

Mahindra also has this issue, they are saying that plants in Maharashtra have not resumed operations fully so several components are on back order for months.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 13:08   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hi

Does Shell Synthetic meet the required specifications, as mentioned in the manual. For my 2011 CRDI, among synthetics, I could only find Delvac 1 meeting the specificatiins.
My car is due for oil change, but Delvac 1 is not easily available now. I am willing to try Shell once.

Thanks
I do not know if you have got your answer or not.

When an authorised service centre changes the engine oil, you can trust them. When I was using the Verna, initially they did not use Shell (can't remember which one they used). Then one fine day they suddenly started using Shell and I was happy about it as I always preferred Shell. In the very next service, they again stopped Shell!. Reason quoted was that Shell does did not provide them optimum results.

Well, I never argued as the car was running beautifully with any engine oil and they know better than us.
Old 22nd October 2020, 11:42   #986
BHPian

Left my next gen verna SX(O) diesel for 40K service today. I have opted in for pick up and drop for the first time due to the covid scare. This time I have gone with Advaith Hyundai, ITPL branch Bangalore.

Called them, booked an appointment yesterday (21st Oct). By yesterday EOD they sent me the driver contact details with his photo.

Today morning (22nd Oct) handed over the vehicle with him.

An hour later, the service advisor called me up asked me about all the complaints I have. I didnt have anything major except mild noise sometimes when I apply brake and rattling sound that comes when I hit a pothole ( I know they will not fix this. I just raised this)

He told he will take the vehicle for a road test as well. Soon after the discussion, he whatsapp'ed me the MID pic to show the fuel and KMS ( I had a full tank of fuel).

In another 1 hour time, he sent the list of spares and labor charges. The quote was 12K including GST.

Below is the list he shared with me,

Spares

* Oil Filter (422/-)
* Air Cleaner (273/-)
* Filter Cartridge (1900/-) (Diesel Filter)
* Air Filter Assy (370/-)
* Coolant (80/-)
* Brake Fluid (9.65)
* Break Cleaner (209/-)
* Consumable Plus (all consumable + Sanitization kit) (700)
* New Engine Oil Shell (1750/-) for 5.3 lts
* Engine Cleaning / Dressing (426/-)

Labor

* Pump Assy Fuel (413/-)
* A/C Filter Cleaning / Replacement (495/-)
* Front brake OH (1300/-)
* Rear brake OH (600/-)
* Periodic Maint (2775/-)
* Battery Check (400/-)

Total: 12100/- (incl GST)

He also told me to go for Synthetic Engine oil he told me the price is 900+/- per liter and the total cost will be 5K+. I told him to go for the normal shell (which is 1700+)

Also, I asked him to remove the engine dressing/cleaning and Battery check.

I wasn't aware anytime they charging separately for engine dressing/cleaning. When I asked him about it he told engine bay cleaning for dust and debris. I told him not to worry about it and asked him to skip it.

My car is 3 yrs old and I am sure I might need to change the battery in another year or so, I don't want to spend 400+ now on that battery to check if it is okay. Rather if I see some sign of it fading away I will get it replaced. Hence asked him to remove that as well.

Let me know if anything else I need to check or missing.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 11:52   #987
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hi

Thanks
Shell is really good. Have been using it for a long time now. The oil was replaced at the service center.

In the meantime, I sold the car after 2 and a half years and some 15K on the Odometer. I was not really sad to see it go since somehow I never built any attachment with it. I was happy that I had maintained the car in showroom condition and got what I expected as resale value and the new owner is very happy with it too.

My plan now is to buy a New Gen Thar but will wait until October next year before I buy it. Initial choice was Creta Sx but decided against it since I wanted a Proper tough SUV.
We recently bought a Gi10 Nios for the missus and it will be my car too till the Thar arrives.

Last edited by MCR : 22nd October 2020 at 11:53.
Old 22nd October 2020, 12:13   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Ahh, it’s great to see that unsuspecting customers are still being fleeced by the ASC.

Let’s begin -

Parts -

What’s air cleaner?

Does your service manual require the change of fuel filter so soon? - check in the owner’s manual.

What’s brake cleaner?

Consumable plus (sanitisation) sounds like a scam for 700

You have already deleted engine dressing.

Labour -

If they want 495 to replace your cabin filter, which is probably a 5 min job, ask them for the new filter & fit it yourself - this should be included in the periodic maintenance labour charge.

Front & rear brake overhaul charged individually & separately?! Again, this should be included in the periodic maintenance labour charge.

You have already deleted battery check - this should be included in the periodic maintenance labour charge.

Put your foot down & ask them to share the breakup of the periodic maintenance labour charge. It is supposed to include everything (labour costs) that needs to be carried out for a car’s periodic service.

https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connec...ice-calculator

Use the above link to get a close estimate for the fixed service costs of your Verna.

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 22nd October 2020 at 12:23.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 13:36   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Ahh, it’s great to see that unsuspecting customers are still being fleeced by the ASC.

Let’s begin -

Parts -

What’s air cleaner?

Does your service manual require the change of fuel filter so soon? - check in the owner’s manual.

What’s brake cleaner?

Consumable plus (sanitisation) sounds like a scam for 700

You have already deleted engine dressing.

Labour -

If they want 495 to replace your cabin filter, which is probably a 5 min job, ask them for the new filter & fit it yourself - this should be included in the periodic maintenance labour charge.

Front & rear brake overhaul charged individually & separately?! Again, this should be included in the periodic maintenance labour charge.

You have already deleted battery check - this should be included in the periodic maintenance labour charge.

Put your foot down & ask them to share the breakup of the periodic maintenance labour charge. It is supposed to include everything (labour costs) that needs to be carried out for a car’s periodic service.

https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connec...ice-calculator

Use the above link to get a close estimate for the fixed service costs of your Verna.
Thanks a lot for the information. I will go back to my service advisor. I just went back to my older service bills almost in last 2 bills, the elements on which I have been billed is almost the same.

For an instance, Front and Back brake OH has been charged the same way. The older service was with Trident and this one is with Advaith.

If they cheat, they follow uniformity in cheating.

But thanks once again I will ask him for the breakup of the periodic maintenance labour.

As per the Hyundai website, labour is 2300+ with 18% tax it comes to 2700+ which is matching with the quote he has given but Hyundai website doesn't mention anything other than that.
hardilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 13:39   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Left my next gen verna SX(O) diesel for 40K service today. I have opted in for pick up and drop for the first time due to the covid scare. This time I have gone with Advaith Hyundai, ITPL branch Bangalore.

Called them, booked an appointment yesterday (21st Oct). By yesterday EOD they sent me the driver contact details with his photo.

Today morning (22nd Oct) handed over the vehicle with him.

An hour later, the service advisor called me up asked me about all the complaints I have. I didnt have anything major except mild noise sometimes when I apply brake and rattling sound that comes when I hit a pothole ( I know they will not fix this. I just raised this)

He told he will take the vehicle for a road test as well. Soon after the discussion, he whatsapp'ed me the MID pic to show the fuel and KMS ( I had a full tank of fuel).

In another 1 hour time, he sent the list of spares and labor charges. The quote was 12K including GST.

Below is the list he shared with me,

Spares

* Oil Filter (422/-)
* Air Cleaner (273/-)
* Filter Cartridge (1900/-) (Diesel Filter)
* Air Filter Assy (370/-)
* Coolant (80/-)
* Brake Fluid (9.65)
* Break Cleaner (209/-)
* Consumable Plus (all consumable + Sanitization kit) (700)
* New Engine Oil Shell (1750/-) for 5.3 lts
* Engine Cleaning / Dressing (426/-)

Labor

* Pump Assy Fuel (413/-)
* A/C Filter Cleaning / Replacement (495/-)
* Front brake OH (1300/-)
* Rear brake OH (600/-)
* Periodic Maint (2775/-)
* Battery Check (400/-)

Total: 12100/- (incl GST)

He also told me to go for Synthetic Engine oil he told me the price is 900+/- per liter and the total cost will be 5K+. I told him to go for the normal shell (which is 1700+)

Also, I asked him to remove the engine dressing/cleaning and Battery check.

I wasn't aware anytime they charging separately for engine dressing/cleaning. When I asked him about it he told engine bay cleaning for dust and debris. I told him not to worry about it and asked him to skip it.

My car is 3 yrs old and I am sure I might need to change the battery in another year or so, I don't want to spend 400+ now on that battery to check if it is okay. Rather if I see some sign of it fading away I will get it replaced. Hence asked him to remove that as well.

I got another update that Drive Shaft Oil Seal has to be replaced as the oil is leaking. He has sent me a pick of the oil spill.

Part cost is 1250/- and Transmission oil top-up has to be done is what he has told. He hasn't mentioned the charges. Not sure if he will add labour on top of all these.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks