Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
345,285 views Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2021, 10:29   #136
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Vasai
Posts: 10
Thanked: 11 Times
Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
So just saw a Jeep petrol automatic Limited (pre face-lift) with this sticker. Didn't know this feature exists.
Yes, the facelift version also comes with the feature of engine turning off on Ideal, the whole mechanism being monitored by the car itself. This does help in reducing the fuel consumption to an extent. Without this mechanism the FE of turbo engine would be very low.
The Traveler is offline  
Old 29th April 2021, 09:58   #137
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Kochi
Posts: 100
Thanked: 452 Times
Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
. Mind you , depending on your driving style and traffic, the Compass AT can also leave you frustrated sometimes.
Can I understand what you meant here? Is it the jerkiness, upshift/ downshift lag?
I was also considering Compass AT Petrol. Wanted to understand the car a bit better.
NotanF1driver is offline  
Old 29th April 2021, 10:24   #138
BHPian
 
Fusion2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 203
Thanked: 103 Times
Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
Can I understand what you meant here? Is it the jerkiness, upshift/ downshift lag?
I was also considering Compass AT Petrol. Wanted to understand the car a bit better.
I've owned a Petrol AT since Dec 2017 ... in my experience, there may be a bit of a lag when trying to overtake, or occasionally when exiting a roundabout. Could be due to the turbo or gear hunting perhaps.

However, I've been able to adjust with time and now it doesn't really bother me at all.

I've never noticed any jerkiness whatsoever.

The TBHP experts constantly dump on the Petrol AT, but I've enjoyed the car thoroughly thus far, and it has even got me to Chandratal Lake in Spiti and back.

Really you should do a test drive and make up your own mind of course!
Fusion2006 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 10:56   #139
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Kochi
Posts: 100
Thanked: 452 Times
Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
I've owned a Petrol AT since Dec 2017 ... in my experience, there may be a bit of a lag when trying to overtake, or occasionally when exiting a roundabout. Could be due to the turbo or gear hunting perhaps.

However, I've been able to adjust with time and now it doesn't really bother me at all.

I've never noticed any jerkiness whatsoever.

The TBHP experts constantly dump on the Petrol AT, but I've enjoyed the car thoroughly thus far, and it has even got me to Chandratal Lake in Spiti and back.

Really you should do a test drive and make up your own mind of course!
Thanks for the prompt response! Yes, I will do a test drive of the car and decide once these restrictions ease out. One thing (seeing reviews/ videos on youtube) which I noticed is that, the lower variants of the car feels plush and upmarket which is not the case with other cars. This allows me to select a lower variant and be on my budget.

How do you rate the suspension of the car? Firm/ Soft?
NotanF1driver is offline  
Old 30th September 2021, 12:47   #140
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 36
Thanked: 87 Times
Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

I've recently booked a Jeep Compass Petrol AT (S variant), majorly for it's ride quality and handling prowess. I must say it's a heart over mind decision. The moment you compare it's power figures relative to price, then it may not seem to offer value for money. But , in the end, its a premium quality product and commands a pricing premium too.

Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 1184
Size:  10.7 KB
vinodvaddi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 18:11   #141
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Bellevue/Udupi
Posts: 46
Thanked: 93 Times
Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Anyone find missing cruise control to be a significant bother on long road trips (over 100km)?

I presumed Petrol AT Model S (O2) came with cruise control based on the brochure, but it turns out that is not an available feature. Odd!
rav1up is offline  
Old 2nd October 2021, 19:42   #142
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,874
Thanked: 2,128 Times
Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
So just saw a Jeep petrol automatic Limited (pre face-lift) with this sticker. Didn't know this feature exists. I have the limited version and don't see this while the one I just saw is the longitude plus I believe.
This came in as part of BS6 updates.
DRIV3R is offline  
Old 2nd October 2021, 19:56   #143
Senior - BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata/NCR
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 2,599 Times
Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav1up View Post
Anyone find missing cruise control to be a significant bother on long road trips (over 100km)?

I presumed Petrol AT Model S (O2) came with cruise control based on the brochure, but it turns out that is not an available feature. Odd!
All automatic models have cruise control. Not sure where you got this information from.
Pancham is offline  
Old 2nd October 2021, 20:08   #144
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 36
Thanked: 87 Times
Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Came across this review of Compass petrol AT.
https://motoringworld.in/car-reviews...omatic-review/

One of the best reviews out there. Though it's for pre-facelift model, the gist of it is still relevant.
vinodvaddi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 02:43   #145
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Bellevue/Udupi
Posts: 46
Thanked: 93 Times
Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
All automatic models have cruise control. Not sure where you got this information from.
I recall reading it in one of the posts in this thread itself and the sales associate who I've been communicating with stated it too. I'm seeing videos and images showing cruise control buttons on the steering, but do not know if those are placeholders or functioning. I'm not in the country, so haven't test driven myself to confirm. Can any 2021 Petrol AT owner confirm please?
rav1up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 07:09   #146
Senior - BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata/NCR
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 2,599 Times
Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav1up View Post
I recall reading it in one of the posts in this thread itself and the sales associate who I've been communicating with stated it too. I'm seeing videos and images showing cruise control buttons on the steering, but do not know if those are placeholders or functioning. I'm not in the country, so haven't test driven myself to confirm. Can any 2021 Petrol AT owner confirm please?
Again, all Compass AT models have cruise control. Even the base model. The manual variants don’t.

Last edited by Pancham : 3rd October 2021 at 07:18.
Pancham is offline  
Old 3rd October 2021, 08:13   #147
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,198
Thanked: 6,289 Times
Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvaddi View Post
I've recently booked a Jeep Compass Petrol AT (S variant), majorly for it's ride quality and handling prowess. I must say it's a heart over mind decision. The moment you compare it's power figures relative to price, then it may not seem to offer value for money. But , in the end, its a premium quality product and commands a pricing premium too.

Attachment 2213497
Apart from the underwhelming interior, the Duster 1.3 CVT offers the best VFM in terms of performance and terrain capability relative to price.
fhdowntheline is offline  
Old 11th October 2021, 11:09   #148
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Baroda
Posts: 200
Thanked: 116 Times
Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Can anyone share realistic in city mileage of the Compass AT petrol. I'm considering one and wanted an experienced input about in city and highway mileage of the petrol automatic. Thanks in advance.
abs182 is offline  
Old 19th October 2021, 18:22   #149
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 22
Thanked: 125 Times
Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Can anyone share realistic in city mileage of the Compass AT petrol. I'm considering one and wanted an experienced input about in city and highway mileage of the petrol automatic. Thanks in advance.
Sure. I have been driving the petrol automatic in Bangalore and I get about 9 kmpl on most days. There were days when I got 7 and there were also days when I got 10 plus too. I have driven in Hyderabad and Chennai as well where the traffic was much easier and was able to get about 11. All depends on traffic in the city one drives.
Highways - I get ~13 if I drive aggressively and ~14.5 if I drive normally.
vardhann5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 11:56   #150
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 39
Thanked: 162 Times
Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Can anyone share realistic in city mileage of the Compass AT petrol. I'm considering one and wanted an experienced input about in city and highway mileage of the petrol automatic. Thanks in advance.
I did a Bengaluru to Mumbai drive on my petrol AT with overnight stay at Kolhapur last week.

Figures for Bengaluru-Kolhapur stretch -
Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review-blrklh.jpg

Figures for Kolhapur-Mumbai stretch -
Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review-klhpmumbai.jpg


The mileage largely depends on driving style and median speed. moderate speed with less push to the accelerator/break gives better mileage.
sushantk is offline   (2) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks