Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2019, 11:53   #481
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Yeah from my test-drives it is not loud at all.
Old 2nd December 2019, 18:18   #482
BHPian

Anyone had issues of head lights showing permanent fogging. I have noticed both headlights have turned whitish from inside and even the fog lamps show the same hue on the outer ends.
Old 3rd December 2019, 13:27   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag_kv View Post
Anyone had issues of head lights showing permanent fogging. I have noticed both headlights have turned whitish from inside and even the fog lamps show the same hue on the outer ends.
I've had this for few days initially, but now it has gone. It comes when I give it to pressure wash. Haven't seen it after driving in rains either.

Could be the humidity in your area.
Old 4th December 2019, 22:31   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag_kv View Post
It seems to be a common issue with VWAG cars from the looks of it.
It would help if you could post a pic as it sounds a lot more severe in your case.

Either ways, bring this to the attention of the service center if they can rectify it in any way.
Old 6th December 2019, 18:02   #485
BHPian

News says BS6 Petrol Kodiaq to come with bigger 2L petrol engines.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-engine-415134

I am sure many were/are waiting for this
shrinath_m2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 20:28   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
It seems to be a common issue with VWAG cars from the looks of it.
It would help if you could post a pic as it sounds a lot more severe in your case.

Either ways, bring this to the attention of the service center if they can rectify it in any way.
Please find the link for the video showing the fogging.
Old 7th December 2019, 22:16   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinath_m2 View Post
News says BS6 Petrol Kodiaq to come with bigger 2L petrol engines.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-engine-415134

I am sure many were/are waiting for this
Wow.. So it goes down to diesel kodiaq now v.s. a TSI 2.0 option in 2020.. how would these 2 fare in a comparison?. Views?

Btw, i didn't know that majority (70%) of superb sales were petrol than diesel until i read this article
Old 9th December 2019, 07:53   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Jozef Kabaň the man behind Kodiaq returns to VW Group to Lead VW Brand’s Design.

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 2440
Size:  383.2 KB

Quote:
The Slovakian is no stranger to the German automaker, as he served as chief of exterior design at Skoda from 2008 to 2017. He then departed and joined the to BMW Group as the head of design for the core BMW brand and, in March, Rolls-Royce, where he only stayed for six months.

In his new role within VW Group, Kabaň will act as Chief Designer at the Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand, effective July 1, 2020.
Quote:
Kabaň was credited with rejuvenating the Czech brand’s design with cars such as the third-generation Octavia and Superb, the controversial facelift of the Octavia in 2017, as well as the Skoda Kodiaq and Karoq SUVs.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th December 2019 at 07:58.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 16:28   #489
BHPian

Question - if one has decided on a kodiaq and is equally comfortable buying now v.s a few months later, then what would you suggest.. buy TDI now or wait and buy upcoming TSI 1.8L/190bhp?

Factors i can think of - price, fuel efficiency, trend of petrol preference over diesel and diesel being discontinued, bs4 vs bs6, performance, what else
Old 14th December 2019, 16:50   #490
BHPian

Diesel doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. I am sure they will price it the same as the current diesel Kodiaq. And they needed a higher powered petrol engine as suv of this size needs torque. The difference in FE between the current diesel and future petrol might almost be double. So i'd pick the current one if running decent enough that FE matters.

If waiting for the new model hopefully they add features to compensate the petrol only engine. L&K doesn't get the TPMS which the Scout has and if Seltos can have HUD, Kodiaq should add it too.
AnandB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 16:59   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Question - if one has decided on a kodiaq and is equally comfortable buying now v.s a few months later, then what would you suggest.. buy TDI now or wait and buy upcoming TSI 1.8L/190bhp?

Factors i can think of - price, fuel efficiency, trend of petrol preference over diesel and diesel being discontinued, bs4 vs bs6, performance, what else
Refinement and performance. TSI will be far smoother/quieter and responsive compared to the 150 BHP diesel engine.
Fuel efficiency of the TSI should be only about 60-70% of what a diesel engine would give.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 17:08   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Diesel doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. I am sure they will price it the same as the current diesel Kodiaq. And they needed a higher powered petrol engine as suv of this size needs torque. The difference in FE between the current diesel and future petrol might almost be double. So i'd pick the current one if running decent enough that FE matters.

If waiting for the new model hopefully they add features to compensate the petrol only engine. L&K doesn't get the TPMS which the Scout has and if Seltos can have HUD, Kodiaq should add it too.
I am not sure if they will add new features till the next revision of kodiaq. And on pricing, i am again thinking that it would be priced higher since it would be bs6 compliant

Btw, did you mean "diesel doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon"
Old 14th December 2019, 17:25   #493
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Jozef Kabaň the man behind Kodiaq returns to VW Group to Lead VW Brand’s Design.
He really got shafted badly at BMW, must have questioned the conservative design philosophy. They sidelined him by transferring him to Rolls Royce who really have not much on the cars as the new Ghost is near production ready hence the product line is fresh for the next 7-10 years
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 18:56   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
I am not sure if they will add new features till the next revision of kodiaq. And on pricing, i am again thinking that it would be priced higher since it would be bs6 compliant
I second this opinion. Even I don't think they'll add more features. I imagine they are going to see it as - "people were crying about power, we gave it. Now off you go!"

Honestly, I think it has fair amount of features, better allrounder than most of the market currently. Common, only Kia has the HUD today, below 50Lakhs. You might have to wait for next refresh.

If I am too optimistic, based on history, they'll stick new skirts and paint the mirrors black at most. "That'll cost you 1 lakh more!"

However, one can always wish. Here's my wishlist in the order of my priority :P
wireless CarPlay, wireless charging, TPMS, HUD, put a SIM to car with connected app.

@motorhead5,
What could differ with 190 horses in a petrol engine?
1. Mileage
Given that it is going to be petrol + has more power ~= lower mileage.
So I would say depending on how high your running is & right foot weight, should definitely use the year end offers and buy.

2. Power
Current diesel has good power below 120kmph. After that anyway there is that irritating ding ding, so where will you use those extra 40 horses? You may reach 1 sec faster to 100, that's it. After that life (and road) sucks anyway.

See if that -1 sec & slight boost in thrill which you will experience only few times a year is so important to you.

3. Refinement/silence
I am sure petrol engine will be eerily silent, but this diesel is not loud at all. I have been driving it around, barring the cold morning starts, it is mostly silent. Interior fan sound is louder than engine most of the times, and I run on auto AC set at 24 degrees!
If you listen to music a lot, then forget all sounds, the speakers are so good, you'll not hear any other sounds.

4. Maintenance cost
Should be couple of thousands lesser at most. People here who have serviced at least once can comment on what are diesel specific costs in their service bill, like additional diesel filters.

So, all in all, I would buy now.

Let me throw in a googly now - what would happen in March 2020? Will the price go down further for BS4 diesel? Do they have those engines in stock?
shrinath_m2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 19:11   #495
BHPian

They added virtual cockpit to the Octavia L&K which mine does not have early 18 model. Surely they will add features i think. Definitely l&k should get wireless charging and tpms at a minimum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks