Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2020, 19:53   #541
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

A quick question - how are you guys dealing with missing seat coolers? Any sweaty back experiences? Anyone went to beads yet?
Old 4th February 2020, 13:48   #542

Guys I need your advice on sun control film for my Kodiaq. With the summer nearing I already have a tough time living with the car's massive glass area. I have two options in mind that has 70% VLT or higher. Please share your thoughts.

1. 3M - CR70 - It costs 45K INR for windshield and all windows

2. Full transparent film from Japan by Esperto Bangalore - It costs 43K INR for windshield and all windows. I heard this one is completely transparent but gives good heat rejection. Is this the one you have in your car sag_kv? whats your feedback?
Old 6th February 2020, 09:06   #543
Senior - BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-415918

Kodiaq has been a rare sight on Indian roads and is going to get rarer to sight with shift to 2.0 TSI petrol only. It's sure to be a gas guzzler. I hope it gets a 100 L fuel tank to give some semblance of range on a tankful.
Old 6th February 2020, 14:10   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post

Kodiaq has been a rare sight on Indian roads and is going to get rarer to sight with shift to 2.0 TSI petrol only. It's sure to be a gas guzzler.
Skoda had announced earlier that 70%+ of superb sales had been petrol in 2019. I do not know the ratio for Octavia. They are betting on those stats probably.

Wonder what the mileage would be in city and highways. Probably superb users can share their experience with TSi here. Especially cities like Bangalore

One thing is for sure. It will be fun to drive.
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 09:12   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth84 View Post
Guys I need your advice on sun control film for my Kodiaq. With the summer nearing I already have a tough time living with the car's massive glass area. I have two options in mind that has 70% VLT or higher. Please share your thoughts.

1. 3M - CR70 - It costs 45K INR for windshield and all windows

2. Full transparent film from Japan by Esperto Bangalore - It costs 43K INR for windshield and all windows. I heard this one is completely transparent but gives good heat rejection. Is this the one you have in your car sag_kv? whats your feedback?
I have installed Suncool it is 100 % transparent costed somewhere around 30 k if i remember correctly. Have not experienced summer yet after installing. Need to see it's efficiency this summer.

Last edited by manson : 25th February 2020 at 08:04. Reason: Typo.
sag_kv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 18:48   #546
BHPian

Does anyone know why Air Recirculation keeps turning off everytime car is turned off. It gets really irritating as you just turn on the ac assuming its on but its off and realize when outside smells come inside.

The same issue eas faced in the Skoda Expedition thread. Air Recirculation wasn't on and all the dust was inside the car.

Last edited by AnandB : 12th February 2020 at 18:49.
Old 12th February 2020, 18:54   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post

The same issue eas faced in the Skoda Expedition thread. Air Recirculation wasn't on and all the dust was inside the car.
Cabin filter should ideally take care of the duct even if it is not on 'recirculation'
Old 14th February 2020, 21:38   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know why Air Recirculation keeps turning off everytime car is turned off. It gets really irritating as you just turn on the ac assuming its on but its off and realize when outside smells come inside.

Sad that Skoda knows it can solve it, the software is written for this, but they chose not to enable it - no clue why not.

If you happen to have a friend with VCDS/Obdeleven, you can get this working - it'll then remember the recirculation between power on/off. There are many other "features" and candy stuff you can get done as well, depending on your taste.
shrinath_m2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 10:42   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinath_m2 View Post
Sad that Skoda knows it can solve it, the software is written for this, but they chose not to enable it - no clue why not.

If you happen to have a friend with VCDS/Obdeleven, you can get this working - it'll then remember the recirculation between power on/off. There are many other "features" and candy stuff you can get done as well, depending on your taste.

Interesting. What other features can be activated as you mention?

Last edited by manson : 25th February 2020 at 08:05. Reason: Typo.
Old 16th February 2020, 11:17   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting. What other featurescan be activated as you mention?
I've heard/seen that people can get
  • Easy entry/exit - Seat moves back when you open door
  • Various logo changes like VRS/scout display/welcome images on infotainment/virtual cockpit
  • Refuelling quantity in MID - shows approximately how many litres of fuel can you refuel at any point
  • Scandinavian DRL - tail lamp is on with DRLs
  • AC recirculation is remembered between restarts
  • Tear wiping
  • Comfort blinker time - when you tap indicator, it blinks 3 times - you can change to 1-5
  • Display fan level on auto AC
  • Needle sweep if not virtual cockpit
  • High beam memory
  • ...Many more
Source = Google translate this website

Or just visit Obdeleven site and select Kodiaq > Programming

Some of these are pure eye candy - like VRS logo on a 148hp vehicle , some are good utility like recirculation memory or easy entry.
Not all features listed in those websites are available for Indian cars - like lane assist things, we don't have hardware for that. What already exists can be controlled.

If I got you interested in VCDS or Vag car coding in general, do visit VCDS thread (VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread).

* Statutory warning - using this "may" affect your warranty. This is more or less like "rooting" or "jailbreaking" your phone. It is safe as long as you know what you are doing and how to get around (or your friend who has Obdeleven/VCDS does). VCDS thread will educate you if you need more info.

Last edited by shrinath_m2 : 16th February 2020 at 11:19. Reason: Add more detail
shrinath_m2 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 14:04   #551
BHPian

Does anyone have details on the deals available on the Kodiaq. With the BS6 deadline approach fast, I guess Skoda dealers would want to get rid of remaining stock fast.
Old 25th February 2020, 17:21   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanaguy19 View Post
Does anyone have details on the deals available on the Kodiaq. With the BS6 deadline approach fast, I guess Skoda dealers would want to get rid of remaining stock fast.
The only variant available now is Stile for Rs.32,99,599/-as shown in the Website. L&K and Scout variants may no longer be available. It is only black colour which seems to be available and there may be around 15 Kodiaqs on offer as on date.
Additional discounts would be a for 50k for loyalty/corporates. Rapids with TSI engines are what the dealers are gearing up for.
Old 3rd March 2020, 13:17   #553
BHPian

Have done about 3700 kms with my Kodiaq Style in the 10 weeks since i got it. 2 trips to Nagpur and last one to Mukki gate, Kanha. Been trouble free and effortless with mileage around 12.5-13 kmpl. But god do I miss my Santa Fe's power. The DSG masks it very well but its easily noticeable coming from a higher powered car and it was much more fun to drive too.

A few annoyances:
- As said before the air re-circulation keeps turning off each time you turn on the car.
- The noise insulation is not good enough from the door side. Outside noise and at higher speeds the air noise is very noticeable something which my Santa Fe was excellent at.
- This might be phone issue and have not confirmed using a different phone. When using Bluetooth for music and a notification sound pops up the volume remains reduced afterwards. To resolve it have to activate voice assistant or some command that makes sound which then makes the music volume goes back to normal.
- The headlight switch is so easy to hit with your knees when getting off the car and it's soft that you only notice when the light remains on even after locking the car.
- There is corrosion of paint on my alloys. Is this the result of purchasing old stock car? The front right has the most (pic attached) with rear right a little less. The left side alloys have very little of the same but it's there. I read a member had the same issue couple of months back with his Mercedes(?) but unable to search for that thread easily.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20200303_130427.jpg  

Last edited by AnandB : 3rd March 2020 at 13:21.
AnandB is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 14:08   #554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have done about 3700 kms with my Kodiaq Style in the 10 weeks since i got it.
- There is corrosion of paint on my alloys. Is this the result of purchasing old stock car? The front right has the most (pic attached) with rear right a little less. The left side alloys have very little of the same but it's there. I read a member had the same issue couple of months back with his Mercedes(?) but unable to search for that thread easily.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4713623 (Alloy Refinishing - Painting / Powder-coating / Chroming)

Totally unacceptable for a new car - do lodge a warranty claim with Skoda immediately and insist on full replacement of every alloy showing such degeneration. It will only get worse so don't delay.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 15:06   #555
Team-BHP Support

The alloy has a clear coat on it so can't really rust like this. This is some chemical that has spilled onto the wheels (could be dog pee) and literally burnt through the clear coat leaving this mark.

Are you sure its not some deposit on the wheels which might go away with an aggressive all purpose cleaner.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th March 2020 at 10:36. Reason: Typo
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks