Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2020, 12:15   #586
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
There is definitely some mix up with regards to the GC. Check this comparison from Carwale: Old Tiguan (5 seater) was supposed to have a GC of only 149 mm while in Allspace, it becomes 201! This is when the height is comparable (Allspace is just 2 mm taller)
Exactly. I am told that there is a difference in the way calculation is done. e.g. tyre pressure used while calculating before v.s now. So unless, all cars use the same logic and the method is clear, comparison doesn't make sense. There can't be 52 mm increase in All space compared to old Tiguan.

Also, while the spec shows Allspace slightly longer than Kodiaq, I somehow felt the space inside is slightly on the lower side based on what I remember from old Kodiaq. Some one who can potentially take a side by side pic can confirm

Anyone knows when the new Kodiaq would be launched in Europe?
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 18:00   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
There is definitely some mix up with regards to the GC. Check this comparison from Carwale: Old Tiguan (5 seater) was supposed to have a GC of only 149 mm while in Allspace, it becomes 201! This is when the height is comparable (Allspace is just 2 mm taller)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
There can't be 52 mm increase in All space compared to old Tiguan.
The five seater Tiguan has a laden GC of 149mm and 201mm unladen (This is from the owners manual).

The Allspace and 5 seater variant therefore have the same GC.

Last edited by torque18 : 31st December 2020 at 18:01.
torque18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 16:10   #588
BHPian

None of the below seem real deal breakers to me but that is subjective.

The real thing that should matter is whether the car is fun to drive and if you like being in the drivers seat! On that front, the Allspace is really a good car and with the year end discounts, it is now available at a significantly better price and its a CBU! The kodiaq whenever it launches will most likely be a CKD and still be more expensive going by the previous Kodiaq's pricing.

Quote:
Then tried tiguan allspace. It's indeed fun to drive; sports mode is great and even normal mode is good. Transmission and handling too is great.. Compared to kodiaq, we felt the below -

1. Both exterior and interior layout is quite ordinary. No wow factor as such. I agree, this is quite subjective.
2. I think the 10 speaker Canton system in kodiaq is better
3. Is it overall less spacious compared to kodiaq?
4. Less (7) airbags
5. Sun protection for back seats missing
6. Memory for passenger seat missing
7. Fabric on sides of seats is not good

Would kodiaq have lane assist, tyre pressure sensor, memory function for mirrors, auto stop for idle?

Is GC for kodiaq less at 188 compared to 210 in tiguan?. Or is it a different way to calculate?
Old 4th March 2021, 20:55   #589
BHPian

Quote:
We were looking for our next car last year which got delayed initially and eventually went on hold because of the pandemic. At that point, the options were Kodiaq or Endy.

I still do not see any new options even after 1.5 years. Kodiaq and Endy too has changed in the meantime - Kodiaq from 150bhp diesel to a ~190bhp petrol (which may come by Q2 '21) and Endy from a 3.2L 5 cyl to 2.0L 4 cyl!

I can wait for another 3-6 months. The options are
- used Kodiaq diesel or Endy 3.2L (How to get a good one is the question)
- wait for Kodiaq TSI (a question mark in mind about a Petrol D2 segment car v.s diesel and no clarity on launch date)
- go try Endy 2.0L (Yet to TD; power spec is a concern even with a good transmission)

Any thoughts?
I am in similar situation and with an budget of ~ 40 lacs, Kodiaq seems the best cross over option and I am prepared to wait.

Some points I am a bit concerned on -

1. What would be FE of an big petrol SUV like Kodiaq? I can live with 8-10 in city but an low single digit might be an issue.
2. In case of spares, is there a long wait time / down time from usage for Skoda cars? Or has Skoda moved the needle on this?

Thanks in advance for any advice. 40 big ones are significant amount of money and want to take an informed decision.
Old 4th March 2021, 23:14   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post

1. What would be FE of an big petrol SUV like Kodiaq? I can live with 8-10 in city but an low single digit might be an issue.
2. In case of spares, is there a long wait time / down time from usage for Skoda cars? Or has Skoda moved the needle on this?
1. It would be same as tiguan allspace. So some allspace owners could share both city and highways mileage. If it's 9 in city, that's good enough. With record fuel price and a govt that doesn't care, its indeed a concern!!
2. I am personally ok to take some level of risk and there would be some risk, I guess

Don't know when they will launch
Old 15th March 2021, 20:17   #591
Senior - BHPian

Whenever I get into my brother's Kodiaq, I feel like Royalty. It just indulges you. Be it the super comfy seats - or elegant interiors. Somehow, the seat settings feel 'just right' for me, and scores over any other car. It's just pure love
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_4495.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 15th March 2021 at 20:41. Reason: Typos.
Sebring is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 13:20   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
1. It would be same as tiguan allspace. So some allspace owners could share both city and highways mileage. If it's 9 in city, that's good enough
Just wondering if there are any Kodiaq Petrol owners in Team BHP and have posted their views on engine performance, mileage?
Old 21st April 2021, 14:01   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Just wondering if there are any Kodiaq Petrol owners in Team BHP and have posted their views on engine performance, mileage?
If and when it is launched in India, people can buy the petrol powered Kodiaq and share their experience
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 16:07   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
If and when it is launched in India, people can buy the petrol powered Kodiaq and share their experience
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
In the meanwhile you can check out this excellent thread on VW Tiguan Allspace which is closest to petrol Kodiaq
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ew-upkeep.html (My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep)
CoffeeBeans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 23:32   #595
BHPian

Went through the VW Allspace thread and FE reported are in the range of 8-10 kmpl in city and 11-13 kmpl on Highway. Of course drive mode, road conditions and AC usage will have its effect.

I also came across issues reported with AC performance in multiple cars and more bothersome complaints of noise from engine bay with loss of power.

Kodiaq owners can throw more light on overall reliability of the car and any particular issues faced during their ownership.
Old 24th July 2021, 12:54   #596
BHPian

Fellow Kodiaq owners, is it possible to fit a full-size spare in-place of space-saver tyre?

Quote:
Went through the VW Allspace thread and FE reported are in the range of 8-10 kmpl in city and 11-13 kmpl on Highway. Of course drive mode, road conditions and AC usage will have its effect.

I also came across issues reported with AC performance in multiple cars and more bothersome complaints of noise from engine bay with loss of power.

Kodiaq owners can throw more light on overall reliability of the car and any particular issues faced during their ownership.
I get approx 11 km/l in mixed city usage and got 12-13 on long journeys. 8-10kmpl is possible in high traffic cities like Mumbai, Delhi, etc. I have not had any issues with AC or any major or minor issues. I remapped my car last month and there is some increase in idle engine noise when standing outside.

Last edited by AnandB : 24th July 2021 at 12:55.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 09:09   #597
BHPian

Quote:

In Bangalore under city driving conditions I regularly get 11 -13 KMPL, and on highways depending on how fast I drive I get 13 - 16 KMPL.

In almost 3.5 years of using, I have never faced any trouble with the car.

On AC performance, yes, in hot cities during summer, this could be an issue. The AC does not cool as say a Ford or a Hyundai. It could be also due to the sun roof.

Overall very happy with my Kodiaq.
Old 25th July 2021, 22:46   #598
BHPian

Thank you Anand and Indusboy for your inputs on mileage and the car during your ownership!!! Very helpful for people like me who considering buying Kodiaq.
Old 26th July 2021, 18:02   #599
BHPian

Quote:

City fuel economy has hovered between 10-15 kmpl based on how heavy traffic is. I've seen 17-19.5 kmpl on highways (with 4 on board and light luggage) as I'm generally sedate on the highways and hover between 90-120 based on road condition and traffic. You should be able to achieve 15+ in Normal mode and higher in Eco. Again, really depends on your driving style. The diesel does make a difference on this front.

AC performance is decent however you will have to run at higher fan speeds for that quick initial cooling in hot summers.

I have had a front angle gearbox (it's like a differential in itself. Connects DSG to right front wheel and rear Haldex diff) replacement due to leakage. Did not face any mechanical symptoms but just noticed the leakage early perhaps. Warranty claim was hassle free other than waiting for parts, which took around 5 days to arrive from Germany/Czech Republic.

No other issues and have overall been very happy with the car. It is really quiet inside and the ride is comfy but with the usual firm edge that European cars suffer from. The steering makes it incredibly easy to pilot in the city and the 360 deg camera and sensors on the L&K further help matters. I think this car can be a true all rounder if you're similarly comfortable with the size.
saur95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 22:51   #600
BHPian

I am assuming that the above mileage and performance figures and comments are from the old 148bhp Diesel kodiaq. If so, it would not be applicable for the upcoming petrol kodiaq and hence should not be used for making decisions.
For practical comparison, we need to see inputs from tiguan allspace owners..

Most Viewed