Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2022, 11:58   #616
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Hi,

Expecting to get delivery of my Skoda Kodiaq around middle of Feb,

The dealer is trying to bundle a 'Accessory Kit' along with the car, the items which I found useful in the kit are the

- All weather foot mats
- Rear and Front Mud Flaps
- Body Cover

This accessory kit costs ~ 18K with the car,

Am I better off buying the accessories from outside or does it make sense to take the accessory kit supplied by the dealer ?

Cheers,
Sid
Old 31st January 2022, 14:05   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpak View Post
Hi,

Expecting to get delivery of my Skoda Kodiaq around middle of Feb,

Cheers,
Sid
Guessing it to be the new Kodiaq, I believe you are in the wrong thread. If you post your query in the new Kodiaq thread, you might get more response.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ol-dsg-11.html (2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG)
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 10:39   #618

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpak View Post
Hi,

Am I better off buying the accessories from outside or does it make sense to take the accessory kit supplied by the dealer ?

Cheers,
Sid
Hi! I opted for this kit too and except for the car cover and mud flaps nothing else makes sense. Get Maxspider 3D mats in black. They fit snug on the mounts for front and very easy to clean compared to the OE ones. I got these from Hot Tracks.
Old 28th April 2022, 12:06   #619
BHPian

I have come across a 2018 Kodiaq 2.0TDI Style listed for 19L in my hometown Bhubaneswar. Mileage is at 20k. Yet to get the car physically inspected.

Would appreciate inputs on
1- Right price if all things checks out okay.
2- Any common issues/concerns to look out for.
3- Usual maintenance cost for a 4 year old model and parts to be changed/replaced if any.
Suryendu87 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 22:00   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
I have come across a 2018 Kodiaq 2.0TDI Style listed for 19L in my hometown Bhubaneswar. Mileage is at 20k. Yet to get the car physically inspected.

3- Usual maintenance cost for a 4 year old model and parts to be changed/replaced if any.
I can't comment on price specific to Bhubaneshwar but resale for the Kodiaq in Bombay and Bangalore are through the roof and 2018 cars with 50-60k on the clock are still listed at 20-22+. Might be your best bet but no harm in negotiating further.

Check if service intervals have been followed (The manual doesn't specify what's to be changed when but you can refer to https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/ser...ost-calculator). Seems like Haldex coupling oil (3rd service, this is at the rear diff), ATF & ATF filter and brake fluid (both 4th service) needs to have been changed. Not a dealbreaker in case it was missed considering the low running though. You can check the service cost on the same link as well. Skoda offers annual maintenance packages on a yearly basis if you want some level of price protection.

Inspect all visible electronics (seat adjustments, electric tailgate, windows and mirrors). When driving, try and see if there is any excessive jerkiness at low speeds as well (DSGs are slightly jerky at low speeds if one is not used to them but just check for anything out of the ordinary). Finally, take it to the dealership and check the underbody (front and rear axle sections) for any oil leaks. If possible, ask if you can remove the engine undercover, I'm guessing they would do it if they were inspecting at Skoda.

Edit : I realise this was requested a while back. My bad.

Last edited by saur95 : 8th May 2022 at 22:04. Reason: Note added.
saur95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 22:59   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Not sure of the used car pricing there, but in Bangalore a similar spec Octavia will be difficult to get at 19L. So you might want to check the history properly and if all good it’s indeed a good deal, atleast from my perspective.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 23:06   #622
BHPian

Quote:

Before paying the money, I'd suggest you to please check the service history of this car.

19L for a 4 year old 20k Kms run Kodiaq sounds fishy to me. Here in Hyderabad, I've been quoted 32L for a 40k Kms run 2018 Kodiaq TDI and 36L for a 25k Kms run 2019 mfg 2020 reg Kodiaq TDI.

Even I too was looking for a preowned Kodiaq TDI here in Hyderabad but couldn't find a well maintained and low run specimen.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 00:07   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saur95 View Post
I can't comment on price specific to Bhubaneshwar but resale for the Kodiaq in Bombay and Bangalore are through the roof and 2018 cars with 50-60k on the clock are still listed at 20-22+. Might be your best bet but no harm in negotiating further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Not sure of the used car pricing there, but in Bangalore a similar spec Octavia will be difficult to get at 19L. So you might want to check the history properly and if all good it’s indeed a good deal, atleast from my perspective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Before paying the money, I'd suggest you to please check the service history of this car..
Thanks all. As rightly guessed, the deal was too good to be true and turned out to be a hoax. The seller didn't respond to any query and later posted some totaled Jetta's picture.
Suryendu87 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 12:29   #624
BHPian

This came up 2 days back. Car has done 35200 kms.

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-20220516_201712.jpg

Perfect timing as i was leaving for Spiti this Saturday. Have just left the car at the showroom. They will check if front and rear both need to be replaced or just the front as the sensor is only for the front.

Also there was some play in the steering as the steering if kept straight ran left and if left untouched goes straight but the steering is slightly tilted right. The mechanic said its a minor issue of steering and will be fixed.

Last edited by AnandB : 18th May 2022 at 12:57.
AnandB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 01:04   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
This came up 2 days back. Car has done 35200 kms.

Also there was some play in the steering as the steering if kept straight ran left and if left untouched goes straight but the steering is slightly tilted right. The mechanic said its a minor issue of steering and will be fixed.
Sounds about right for the brake pads. However, I don't think it's steering play but rather that alignment was not done with the steering properly centred. Did you get wheel alignment done recently?
Old 1st December 2022, 09:24   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag_kv View Post
I am planning a ceramic coating and side step installation and have taken a few snaps after its first bath , before i put my bear to hibernation. Enjoy the snaps.
Hi sag_kv - This is an old post of yours, but just wanted to check if you could get the side step for the kodiaq? - was is provided by skoda or you got it done from outside and what's the approx cost for the side steps. And hows your experience with ceramic coating.
Old 4th May 2023, 20:21   #627
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Kodiaq now BS6.2 compliant, prices start at Rs 37.99 lakh.

Skoda has also increased the allocation of the Kodiaq in India from 1,200 to 3,000 for 2023.

Quote:
it will continue to be imported to India via the CKD route and assembled at its Aurangabad plant.
Gets automatic door edge protectors
Quote:
The 2023 Kodiaq will continue with the same 8.0-inch touchscreen that comes with in-built navigation, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The top-spec L&K will offer the CANTON 12-speaker sound system with a panoramic sunroof.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th May 2023 at 20:22.
Old 6th May 2023, 00:25   #628
BHPian

Need advice on the right tyres for the Kodiaq. Mine is the 2018 L&K model, and has run 50k km. Time to change the tyres. Am completely lost on this one. Thanks in advance.
Old 17th May 2023, 13:21   #629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
Need advice on the right tyres for the Kodiaq. Mine is the 2018 L&K model, and has run 50k km. Time to change the tyres. Am completely lost on this one. Thanks in advance.
My 2020 L & K were shod with MRF Markus and like typical OE rubber failed under 30k kms with multiple micro sized holes all over. I swapped them for a set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde. Excellent grip and super silent tires. They have special compound inside to seal mild punctures but it doesn't help if you have big damage.
Old 13th September 2023, 12:29   #630
Distinguished - BHPian

I am in the market for a used Kodiaq/Tiguan TDI. I have test driven 3-4 Kodiaqs and would want owners to pitch in on a few observations I have had:

- Steering noise: 2/4 cars I drove had 40-50K km on the odo and I observed a very pronounced clunk when I rocked the steering from left to right by about 5 degrees. From my experience, this indicates an issue with the steering rack but it turned out to be worn out link rods and ARB bushes on a friend's Octavia. Anybody else faced such an issue? If yes, was it something to do with the rack?

- Water pump: It is a known fact that the water pump on these TDIs throws tantrums but I noticed a 23K km done car already had it replaced. Has anybody faced this issue at such low mileage?

Apart from these two apprehensions, the start/stop button going bad and the AC vents breaking are things I am already aware of and have solutions for. I am even going to change the water pump as preventive maintenance.

The only thing I am worried about is the steering rack. Is it known to go bad on these or is it generally the link rods or any other suspension components that cause the aforementioned noise?

Most Viewed