Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2018, 16:04   #61
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
So really interested in the Kodiaq. Have requested a test drive of the Kodiaq.
Took a test drive today, and it blew me away. This felt like more of an upgrade (from my old Endy) than either the new Endy or the Fortuner. Yes, the third row is a little tight, but somehow felt that Kodiaq's was better then the Endy/Fortuner.

I am sold, have decided to book one in Black.

A question for existing Bangalore Skoda owners: Any preference for a dealership between TAFE & Vinayak?

Thanks
indusboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 16:21   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

A question for existing Bangalore Skoda owners: Any preference for a dealership between TAFE & Vinayak?

Thanks
In my personal opinion, avoid Vinayak Sales: I found them making ambitious commitments on colours and delivery dates. TAFE was much more grounded.

Service-wise, I have been happy with Vinayak at Okalipuram. Haven't tried TAFE service yet.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 17:23   #63
BHPian

How much "HP" and torque, do you need to drive around city approximately at 60kmph in Kodiaq?
Here is the real answer, have a look, just 7 "HP" and 57NM of torque

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-20180102_040057378_ios.jpg

RPM and Speed

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-20180102_040109489_ios.jpg

I know we all need more power and more torque in Kodiaq, including me, but may be the might never be able to use them in city!

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 2nd January 2018 at 17:25.
pramods is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 18:44   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
How much "HP" and torque, do you need to drive around city approximately at 60kmph in Kodiaq?
Did you get these figures on full throttle ? Maximum power and torque at particular RPM would be accurate under full throttle

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 2nd January 2018 at 18:52.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 18:52   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Was this on full throttle? Maximum power and torque at particular RPM would be accurate under full throttle
Exactly. Even at high speeds if you are off throttle and coasting, the figures are likely to be similar.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 18:54   #66
BHPian

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Quote:
Was this on full throttle? Maximum power and torque at particular RPM would be accurate under full throttle

I meant to show the very normal HP and torque used under city driving condition. Like everyone else, I too wish Skoda should have given more power and more torque in Kodiaq, maybe power/torque is "never" enough.

When you coast the HP generated is ZERO(at least the car shows that on infotainment)! The max ho recorder under normal city riding today was 25HP and max torque was 110NM.

The Skoda OneApp is good app that gets connected to car and show all these information on infotainment screen via CarPlay.

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 2nd January 2018 at 18:57.
pramods is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 18:57   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you get these figures on full throttle ? Maximum power and torque at particular RPM would be accurate under full throttle
Wouldn't full throttle mean the speed would rise? I think he means these output numbers are the required power to maintain a steady 60 kmph speed. Off throttle and coasting would mean the speed would fall gradually which is not the case here, perhaps.

Do correct me if my understanding is wrong.
Old 2nd January 2018, 18:57   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I meant to show the very normal HP and torque used under city driving condition. Like everyone else, I too wish Skoda should have given more power and more torque in Kodiaq, maybe power/torque is "never" enough.
Even if you are driving at 120 KMPH and let off the throttle, Power and torque figures will be very minimal. So we can't claim that car is doing only this much power and torque, if you are not on full throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Wouldn't full throttle mean the speed would rise?
It was a picture in the post. Even under full throttle, you can show the snapshot of Speed, RPM, Power and Torque right?

I agree with this point that we won't be using full power of the car most of the times. It's not just specific to Kodiaq. It's same in all cars, on half throttle let it be any RPM, max power is not delivered. The fuel request by ECU is based on throttle position.

Quote:
When you coast the HP generated is ZERO(at least the car shows that on infotainment)! The max ho recorder under normal city riding today was 25HP and max torque was 110NM.
Ah, now it's clear. Saw this after you edited the post. If you had got a chance to overtake / full throttle run.. The figures would have been much higher. While driving in bumper to bumper traffic, all cars use minimal power and torque.

Cheers!

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 2nd January 2018 at 19:16.
Old 2nd January 2018, 20:00   #69
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, this is an awesome review!

Great work Omkar, Vid6639, Samurai, GTO and other team members who worked on this, attention to detail like in no other review!

Skoda has another lovely product, just hope the dealers up the ante in terms of sales and service experiences, far too many horror stories have tarnished Skoda's image and it's time for them to undo the damage.

Loved the attention to detail in the car including the umbrella holder in the door frame.

If I really have to nitpick - I'm not a fan of beige (dual-tone interior plastics) and the color of the seat covers, and of course the pricing!

Last edited by NPV : 2nd January 2018 at 20:02.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 20:23   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome review!! Although all Team Bhp reviews are brilliant, I especially love reading the Skoda ones. Team-Bhp loves to get into in depth detail and Skoda Cars keep throwing up small but significant things one after the other. Makes for a great read.

Exactly the kind of vehicle I would love to buy. Meets my current and future requirements perfectly. The price is a deal breaker now, hoping to snag one in the pre-owned market 2-3 years down the line.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 08:14   #71
Senior - BHPian

Great review of a great car! Thanks for sharing with us.

I like the Kodiaq - it looks the right size on road for something which got 3 rows and a very decent boot. Though it would have been great if there was a way to tumble the third row with that mid row at its roomiest best.

World over, the preference is for the engine spec we got - which really hits the sweet spot on the Kodiaq. But then the Skoda is priced quite aggressively there. For ex: It is £22,000 in the UK, which is stellar value considering the Octavia D sells for £18,000.

So, the perspective is different. And it is very evident that Skoda pruned the big bear a bit to save the likes of Superb and its other German cousins. But apart from that, there is very little to not like about the big Skoda.

And that maintenance plan is just wow! Skoda just went Toyota there. Include a good proportion of the maintenance cost in the ex-showroom price itself. Jokes aside, I hope we will also get an extended warranty plan similar to that.
deetjohn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 16:46   #72
BHPian

@Vid6639 & @Samurai - your focus and dedication are evident in every detail.

Wow! superb review. IMHO every skoda sales rep should direct their customers to this thread. I am blown away with the styling and minute details the skoda team has come up with. "Simply Clever"!

I have only seen 2 kodiaq here on Hyderabad roads yet. It is a stunner in all directions, head turner too.

As some other member rightly expressed - this will be a hot choice in used market for people with limited budget.
Old 5th January 2018, 14:14   #73
BHPian

This is an absolutely awesome machine loaded to the fullest .

A special thanks to all the reviewers who have put in a great deal of effort and time to come up with this beautiful review .

Though I am not sure we should be time and again comparing this one to the two large ladder frame trucks, the Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour. Apart from the price, nothing much to be compared just because they fall in the same category, 'SUV'. As we are all aware that ladder frame trucks are more rugged and built for beating. The monocoques are more car like to drive and of course they do offer decent off-road capabilities, but nothing compared to a thoroughbred 4*4.

The other thing is about the lack of power on paper for a car that costs so much! For me as long as it pulls through decently when it is fully loaded and does not gasp for breath at any stage, it is fine. Because I believe there is not a SINGLE road in our country on which you can really test it to its fullest capabilities without having hearts in mouths!
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 15:50   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I know we all need more power and more torque in Kodiaq, including me, but may be the might never be able to use them in city!

-Pramod
Hi Pramod,
Eagerly waiting for your Kodiaq ownership review. How are you finding the beast and which colour did you go for?
It is a big step up from the Yeti and how does it compare to the Yeti?

regards,
Behemoth
Old 10th January 2018, 09:54   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Took a test drive today, and it blew me away. This felt like more of an upgrade (from my old Endy) than either the new Endy or the Fortuner. Yes, the third row is a little tight, but somehow felt that Kodiaq's was better then the Endy/Fortuner.

I am sold, have decided to book one in Black.

Thanks
Hi
I hope am not too late in posting this but anyway wanted to give my two cents. I've been using my Skoda Yeti for the last 5-1/2 years but my experience with the dealers is couple of months more as I spoke to both the dealers well before I purchased the Yeti and also to Skoda Regional Office. My observations is as follows
1. Though the Regional manager recommended TAFE, my experience was totally opposite to what I heard from the RM.
2. TAFE staff are not only under-informed but also don't hesitate to dish out incomplete and incorrect information.
3. Vinayak Cars, from whom I eventually bought, on the other hand were very matured in their pitch and did not offer over-the-moon offers.
4. The other reason I decided to buy my car from Vinayak was my team-BHP association where I got a great deal of positive feedback about them. Also, they valued me more after I told them about my Team-BHP association.
5. I did get a good deal from Vinayak on my Yeti at the time of purchase and was quite happy. I was part of the initial PDI and also got to choose my car after thorough personal inspection.
6. The service has been an wonderful experience till date and there is not even a single bad incident that I can think of. In fact, they have brought a bigger smile on my face every time I have gone there by the same interest in all my concerns whether big or small.
7. They are honest in their approach and they do not try to mislead the customers and they back their customers even with the company during warranty haggles.
8. They are now moving into a bigger and a better workshop which will improve the customer comforts and better serviceability of our precious cars.
9. If I have to summarize it in one phrase then it goes like this; I bought a Skoda only because there was an alternative to TAFE.

Hope this helps. You can send a PM in case you need further information and I would be more than happy to do the same.

Cheers
sumzup is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed