Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2018, 11:27   #76
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Hi
I hope am not too late in posting this
Thanks for the help sumzup. Your hunch was correct; I have already booked with TAFE. In absence of any information, proximity to my home for both the showroom & the service center was the deciding factor.

This is very early in the process, so far they have behaved professionally and have accepted all my requests. Will keep my fingers crossed. Will reach out to you via PM in case I need any help.
Old 11th January 2018, 16:19   #77
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
How much "HP" and torque, do you need to drive around city approximately at 60kmph in Kodiaq?
Here is the real answer, have a look, just 7 "HP" and 57NM of torque

I know we all need more power and more torque in Kodiaq, including me, but may be the might never be able to use them in city!
You would require more Torque and BHP while moving from standstill and how fast you want to do this would be a factor. These figures while coasting or moving at low RPM instead of while building speed would be meaningless.

Instead a video of the same in the O-60kmph move would be more relevant.

Thanks though.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 08:34   #78
BHPian

A conversation with the design team behind the Kodiaq: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/k...ing-the-kodiaq
Old 13th January 2018, 23:06   #79
Senior - BHPian

I really like the chiseled like styling of the Kodiaq. It looks refined and sophisticated and I think that's what the image manufacturer is trying to communicate. I don't think Fortunerish 'road presence' was part of the design brief. It is relatively low slung and doesn't have that extra height the truck based SUVs have, which would have only spoiled the dynamics.

Just a thought:
After certain (price) point the car owners don't go for 'road presence' and in fact don't want to stand out too much? Only people who are shopping at this price point should confirm if my hypothesis is true
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 09:32   #80
BHPian

My personal viewpoint is the same as yours.

Understated with all features on the inside is what I want. Kodiaq is perfect in that sense.
Haren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 09:21   #81
BHPian

One question: How do you manually orient the park assist system for perpendicular parking?
The Owners manual say: press the park assist button, if I press the park assist, its start the system and default to parallel of left, turn the right indicator and it moves to right but all along ONLY in parallel mode. As per manual I need to press the park assist button to get it manually for perpendicular, if I do it the park assist system stops!

This may be the same system in Octavia III & SuperB III, any help, procedure guidance?

-Pramod
Old 19th January 2018, 09:50   #82
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

From what I've seen in these latest park assist systems on VW group cars, the system automatically detects if the space is big enough for parallel parking or small enough to park perpendicularly. Manual override was I guess a feature of the earlier gen park assist. Make sure that the turn signal corresponding to the side you wish to park (left or right of you) is on while you're scanning for the spaces.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 19th January 2018 at 10:00.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 09:58   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
From what I've seen in these latest park assist systems on VW group cars, the system automatically detects if the space is big enough for parallel parking or small enough to park perpendicularly. Manual override was I guess a feature of the earlier gen park assist.
Thanks for somewhat confirming of what I am experiencing with Kodiaq. Am confused with the owner manual mention of manual mode for perpendicular parking.

-Pramod
Old 19th January 2018, 11:35   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
One question: How do you manually orient the park assist system for perpendicular parking?
The Owners manual say: press the park assist button, if I press the park assist, its start the system and default to parallel of left, turn the right indicator and it moves to right but all along ONLY in parallel mode. As per manual I need to press the park assist button to get it manually for perpendicular, if I do it the park assist system stops!

This may be the same system in Octavia III & SuperB III, any help, procedure guidance?
-Pramod
I didn't try the perpendicular parking in the Kodiaq, parallel parking worked fine.

I did try the Perpendicular parking a few times in the Octavia though, and there was no problem there either. You can check the procedural video towards the end of this post - Click here .
Omkar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 12:09   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
I didn't try the perpendicular parking in the Kodiaq, parallel parking worked fine.

I did try the Perpendicular parking a few times in the Octavia though, and there was no problem there either. You can check the procedural video towards the end of this post - Click here .
Yes, saw the video and went through the verbose content too, but in Kodiaq the park assist just switches ON and OFF nothing is changing. Not sure if the system has changed to full auto mode like adi_petrolhead mentioned, will wait for someone else to confirm this same behavior.

PS: I have not been able to use the park assist most of the time it not able to recognizes the space and once in while when it does it seem like wrongly done, better not to use it.

-Pramod
Old 19th January 2018, 15:53   #86
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion too, the Park Assist feature is pretty much redundant for those who are not very comfortable with parallel or perpendicular parking. We ourselves get a judgement of the space and 99.99% of the times its accurate what our eyes detect, rather than the sensors. Its also my guess that cars that have 360 cameras installed, will have better overall detection and performance of the park assist feature.
Best to rely on ones own skills rather than having a faux pas while letting the car do its tricks.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 20:44   #87
BHPian

Quote:
8. They are now moving into a bigger and a better workshop which will improve the customer comforts and better serviceability of our precious cars.
When I got my Octy in 2014 they said they were moving to a bigger/better workshop. Till date there is no movement. Do you know when and where they are going to move?

I have been preferring their Okalipuram workshop. The service advisers there seem to be more knowledgeable.
Old 3rd February 2018, 09:29   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...ad-test-407196
Review by Autocar India
Old 5th February 2018, 07:57   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haren View Post
When I got my Octy in 2014 they said they were moving to a bigger/better workshop. Till date there is no movement. Do you know when and where they are going to move?

I have been preferring their Okalipuram workshop. The service advisers there seem to be more knowledgeable.
Sorry Haren for a delayed response. They have finalized the place and erection of the facility is going to commence shortly. I don't have the exact dates but it may be very soon as the building in front is a supermarket now and the body shop will make way for their customer parking.
Old 7th February 2018, 14:43   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry Haren for a delayed response. They have finalized the place and erection of the facility is going to commence shortly. I don't have the exact dates but it may be very soon as the building in front is a supermarket now and the body shop will make way for their customer parking.
In which area is this new workshop? I had seen their Okalipuram service center somewhat renovated in my last visit few months back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks