Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2018, 07:43   #181
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Here are some interior pictures, not so great ones tried to click them in a hurry.
Guys if you are a cleanliness freak like me, then you will being cleaning the interior as the piano black finish on the dash is a fingerprint magnet. No way to keep it clean unless you wear gloves. Easily gets scratches - I think my kid kept his feet . Already dirty scratch. Hope it gets taken care in the ceramic coating.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20181223_130206.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20181223_130259.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20181223_130226.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20181223_130238.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20181223_130706.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20181223_130759.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20181223_130649.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20181223_130812.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20181223_130821.jpg  

sag_kv is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 22:36   #182
BHPian

The Kodiaq has been fantastic to drive from chennai to Jodhpur (approximately 2500 kms). A lot of road widening work going on right after crossing Mumbai and the Kodiaq gave me so much confidence on broken roads, diversions and in a stretch of about 40 kms of barely any roads.

Handling is superb( so car like) and even at 120 kmph, i didn't need to think a second to go off the shoulders of the road. It hugs the road like a leech. The engine sound is barely audible at cruising speeds. Also while i didn't feel it underpowered under any difficult driving situations(overtaking, recovering from a corner etc), its not peppy beyond 130 kpmh. It needs to be pushed. My comparison is with Audi A6 which is my second car. Which may not be very fair. Braking is confidence inspiring and business like with absolutely no fuss.

I have been getting a highway average of 16.5 to 17.5 kmpl on good tarmac and slightly lesser at 14.5 where there were bad patches and slow moving traffic. The car is fully loaded with luggage and 5 adults and 1 child on the last row. The lack of airconditioning vents on the last row is sorely felt. It's also not comfortable for my 12 year old 5 feet tall son beyond 1.5 to 2 hours.

The windshield washer fluid needed topping up ( surprised me since it has a huge reservoir) and high beam had to be adjusted in Jodhpur (5 min job) since it was not appropriately set up which again surprised me since it should have got covered in the PDI.

I'm looking forward to the Jaisalmer drive tomorrow. The bear brings a smile to my face with the effortless driving, smart space and fuel economy. It's a brilliant family car, just what I needed.
vinay_ss is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 08:05   #183
BHPian

Windshield washer is mostly used up by headlight cleaning jet, one in every 5/6 spray to the windshield it automatically jets the headlight, but its should not have happened, may be during PDI they did do a check on the level.

AC is weak for the last row, use the AIRCARE feature and it is some sense pushes the air till the last row and may help.

-Pramod

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th December 2018 at 08:41. Reason: Typo
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 10:55   #184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag_kv View Post
No it comes with only beige interiors. There is no option of black.
Quote:
Here are some interior pictures, not so great ones tried to click them in a hurry.
Really disappointed with the beige limitation. I have been using beige interiors since my Civic and the 3 GT and I would welcome other color options in my next ride. I think black would really give some of the Kodiaq external colors a stunning contrast (like silver / white etc).

Other than that the car looks lovely and rich of course. My only other gripe being wish they had bumped the power in the L&K to Superb output.
Old 28th December 2018, 06:06   #185
BHPian

Yes Axe 77 even I feel that for our Indian conditions black interiors would have been a good option. The beige interiors get soiled soon especially if you have a chauffeur as they don't maintain hygiene and keep sitting in the car when parked and sweat in the seats, even after repeatedly instructed them not to do so. I have planned on disposable covers like you saw in my above posted pics. How they keep the front seats clean for long.
By the way my Kodiaq is up for ceramic coating and side step installation. I have to go tomorrow to the service center to check that irritating rattling noise in the humps tomorrow and after that leave it for coating for three days.
Vinay you are right it is a breeze to drive the Kodiaq be it the highway or the city, you wont break a sweat. I am just loving it especially the way it handles in economy mode perfect steering and break feed back , though in the sports mode I felt the breaking was little slow mostly due to less engine breaking I think.
A/C just put it in 18 that should do the job if its too hot just shift to Lo setting. I think its the sunroof and lack of a separate blower like the Innova or Fortuner, I am surprised with three zone climate control a fan setting for the second and blowers for third row a must in a vehicle of this size & cost because it removes the comfort which all the other things provide- Skoda hope you are listening -Update that in your next model.
Power i felt is far enough for Indian driving conditions, nerve felt the need for more even in the economy mode just need to press the throttle little more and it overtakes in a breeze.
Hoping to get the rattle fixed wish me luck
sag_kv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 06:51   #186
BHPian

Guys anybody faced similar rattling noise from the doors / B pillar , please share your experience in rectifying the same and possible source. The noise is seen coming from the right side when going over potholes and uneven surfaces. I feel it is kind of coming from the chassis when ever the axle bends on uneven surfaces. My car is new just driven about 1000 kms , I have identified this at about 600 kms. Very irritating to hear such noises. My Jetta which is 8 yrs old now has robust build quality and no sounds whats so ever even till date.
Old 29th December 2018, 22:10   #187
BHPian

Guys got the side step installation done. Skoda original accessory fits perfectly. Solid strength, practical if you have small kids at home and looks great too adds a touch of class.

I did some mod to the front mud flaps which otherwise should have been removed if side step is installed. I don't understand why skoda cant think of small mods like this so keeping the car clean from mud splattering from the wheels.

Ceramic coating done still a day of curing left before I pick up the car. Pics looks great I have not seen the car in person just some snaps to drool over.

Lastly still not happy because the rattling noise could not be identified. They said they need two to three days to identify and I was not willing to let my car dirty (Very much dirty handling of the car I saw at the service center (Bangalore) not at all professional). I have asked my dealer in Andhra to send a team to my home as I don't have a service center at my place. Wishing they identify the problem soon as the noise is spoiling all the fun.

A few snaps from the ceramic coating follow
Old 30th December 2018, 06:30   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Guys got the side step installation done. Skoda original accessory fits perfectly. Solid strength, practical if you have small kids at home and looks great too adds a touch of class.

I did some mod to the front mud flaps which otherwise should have been removed if side step is installed. w
Can you post pictures of the sidestep? I didnt see this in the showroom. Also how much did it cost you?

The one accessory that I would definately want is a roof box, but skoda doesn't have one apparently. Thule would be very expensive and the other after market looks cheap and spoils the look of the car in my opinion:( So my fingers crossed till I find the right solution.
Old 30th December 2018, 07:29   #189
BHPian

Here are the snaps Vinay, The stide step costs 65 K. Once I take the car tommorrow I shall post exclusive pics of the side step how it looks after opening the doors and also the front mudflaps MOD which you can try. As of now, these are the snaps I have which were forwarded from the ceramic coating guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img20181229wa0051.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img20181229wa0061.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img20181229wa0050.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img20181229wa0057.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img20181229wa0048.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img20181229wa0059.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st December 2018 at 00:08. Reason: Typo.
sag_kv is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 23:48   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Guys anybody faced similar rattling noise from the doors / B pillar , please share your experience in rectifying the same and possible source. The noise is seen coming from the right side when going over potholes and uneven surfaces. I feel it is kind of coming from the chassis when ever the axle bends on uneven surfaces. My car is new just driven about 1000 kms , I have identified this at about 600 kms. Very irritating to hear such noises. My Jetta which is 8 yrs old now has robust build quality and no sounds whats so ever even till date.
There is definitely something wrong in the Car they delivered to you. My October Style 4x4 has no noise whatsoever on fine tarmac it is silent as a tomb. I even did some minor offroading and tough village tracks but never had the kind of noise you are complaining about. Ironically i have them in my Vento which i partially remedied by a DIY method given in this forum.

Quote:
Yes Axe 77 even I feel that for our Indian conditions black interiors would have been a good option. The beige interiors get soiled soon especially if you have a chauffeur as they don't maintain hygiene and keep sitting in the car when parked and sweat in the seats, even after repeatedly instructed them not to do so. I have planned on disposable covers like you saw in my above posted pics. How they keep the front seats clean for long.
Even my Kodiaq is chauffeur driven most of the time. The issue about putting such covers is that the kodiaq is equipped with airbags inside the seat which might not deploy with such covers.

How much does the ceramic coating cost and does it really help the paint. Mine is candy white and so no chance of PPF.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st December 2018 at 07:08. Reason: Back to back posts merged, trimmed quoted post.
Old 30th December 2018, 23:59   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post

The high beam had to be adjusted in Jodhpur (5 min job) since it was not appropriately set up which again surprised me since it should have got covered in the PDI.
Doesn't it come with Auto headlights that adjust according to the weight of the car?
Old 31st December 2018, 00:22   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys anybody faced similar rattling noise from the doors / B pillar , please share your experience in rectifying the same and possible source. The noise is seen coming from the right side when going over potholes and uneven surface....
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatoyotafan View Post
There is definitely something wrong in the Car they delivered to you. My October Style 4x4 has no noise whatsoever on fine tarmac it is silent as a tomb. I even did some minor offroading and tough village tracks but never had the kind of noise you are complaining about. Ironically i have them in my Vento which i partially remedied by a DIY method given in this forum.
I am sure it's the transparent ticket holder clip on the B-pillar/windshield, beating the windshield on rough roads. Have some papers stuffed in there and see if it makes a difference. Have this in my Yeti and took a week to figure out the clip is the culprit.

Last edited by iTNerd : 31st December 2018 at 00:36.
Old 31st December 2018, 05:42   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatoyotafan View Post
Even my Kodiaq is chauffeur driven most of the time. The issue about putting such covers is that the kodiaq is equipped with airbags inside the seat which might not deploy with such covers.

How much does the ceramic coating cost and does it really help the paint. Mine is candy white and so no chance of PPF
I don't think the seats have airbags the air bags are placed inside the side pillars. Correct me if wrong.

Ceramic painting will enhance the glossy look of your car by adding a layer of 1 to 2 microns of hydrophobic layer to the paint. It will repel water and makes cleaning a breeze with no sticky dust. They even say debris can easily be wiped with a car duster leaving no residue. So you will end up with less water services. (Environment friendly)

It's not permanent but lasts long if maintained well, unlike wax which needs very short maintenance this one needs to be taken care once in 18 months which the coating guys will do when you take a 3 or 5 yr package.

The 3 year package costs between 30 to 35 k and the 5 year costs 40 to 45 k based on the brand (Dresler in my case) and your bargaining skills. I shall update once i take delivery and use the vehicle for some days on the quality of work and longevity of the coating and whether it is worth the cost.
Old 31st December 2018, 06:44   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Doesn't it come with Auto headlights that adjust according to the weight of the car?
It does, but i think the setting was way off the mark. Having said this, i am not sure how much latitude the auto adjustment has and so, something that i will be speaking to my dealer to understand what went wrong. I got this reset done at the service center in Jodhpur in a hurry since i was on the move on my 8k kms road trip
Old 31st December 2018, 10:35   #195
BANNED

Quote:
I don't think the seats have airbags the air bags are placed inside the side pillars. Correct me if wrong.
The seats have airbags inside them, which is why you shouldn't put seat covers on such seats.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed